(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Draegermeister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#687 6 years ago

I've had my GNR since 1998, but it never had a topper. I just picked one up, and I was wondering the specs to drill it in. Anyone have the proper dimensions?

2 months later
#746 6 years ago

I had my machine repaired a while back, and I noticed this post has the wrong hardware when I put a new cover on it. What's correct for this area. All of your photos have a screw on the top and not a quarter inch of exposed threads.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

1 month later
#773 6 years ago

Since G ramps, and R ramps for that matter, are at unobtanium status, let's start bothering the suppliers to get some repros out there. I put it on the Marco specialties page today. If you're looking for a ramp, bother a supplier. I don't really want a 3D printed set. I also don't want to get into trouble with any license holders for contracting some on my own.

$45 for a damaged one. I have a damaged one. This doesn't help much.

ebay.com link: Guns N Roses Pinball G Ramp Used Damaged

1 month later
#779 6 years ago

What playfield variations are out there? I have the one that reads, "ADD BAND MEMBER" in the middle of the three inserts in the "Add Band Member" area. Mine has "MULTI BALL" on the top. Another version has "MULTI BALL" in the middle and "ADD BAND MEMBER" at the top.

I was at Chicago Pinball Expo today, and both GNRs at the show had the logo cross on the top insert, unlike mine. Good news for us. One was $6,500 and the other was $7,500.

I am interested in this, because I have my name on the list for a new playfield (because I am a GNR Parts Hoarder [also trying to get 4 more people who want yellow G ramps (PM me)]) and I wonder which one is right.

My opinion. Why is the font wrong a little in each version? On mine, "ADD BAND MEMBER" is clearly in the wrong font. This can be forgiven because serif fonts are tough to read at that size and distance. You can see this, because "ADD BAND MEMBER" with the logo is a hard to read mess. "MULTI BALL" with no logo is easier to read.

Let's call it "Logo" or "No Logo" for the upper insert. Which do you have? Which one is right? Is one earlier in the production cycle?
Can it survive with one less logo?

IMG_2608 (resized).JPGIMG_2608 (resized).JPG

IMG_3694 (resized).JPGIMG_3694 (resized).JPG

#782 6 years ago

Thanks @blackjacker!

It looks like I have an early production. I have the "Lite Lock" and "Lite "Guitar" on the inlanes as well, but not a prototype because it has the video mode and I've never done a code update in the 19 years I've lugged this machine around.

I found this doc file to be helpful as well.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1100/Pinball_Guns_N_Roses_Comparison_between_prototype_and_sample_playfields.doc

I bought my machine at LM Amusements' Bloomingdale, IL location back in 1998. It's nearish the factory, so it might have been an early machine in the area. I played a prototype (with the realistic snake and magazine-fed pistol) at Gala North in Carol Stream, IL some time 92-94.

1 week later
#783 6 years ago

I am on the list for a reproduction playfield, as a parts hoarder. I think I should just keep my early production playfield in as long as possible. I am looking for 4-5 more people who want yellow G ramps. Apparently, the yellow plastic is a pain to get right, so Mark wants to make a few at the same time. If you PM me, I'll see if I can front a 5 yellow G ramp order to keep his risk down. Don't want to cause trouble for a critical man in the GNR ecosystem!

#785 6 years ago

That's 3 ramps. If one more person lets me know, I'll see if we can get 5 made.

2 months later
#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

On mine the hinges of the G-ramp door touch the wireframe below, so after it opens it gets stuck in the up position. It sounds like yours is doing that but to a lesser degree. My fix is to put in a spacer to lift the G-ramp just enough so the trap door has plenty of clearance to go back down without resistance.

I have an early GNR (black wire forms) and I just can't seem to get the G ramp adjusted correctly. Any chance some good folks could take some photos of how the trap door should be in relation to the wireform below? I have a spacer (a lego. It's embarrassing.) I can't seem to get the ramp high enough to not block the ball. I have photos of my main alignments. I'd be interested in the underside of where your G ramp meets the wire form.

IMG_5821 (resized).JPGIMG_5821 (resized).JPG

IMG_7743 (resized).JPGIMG_7743 (resized).JPG

IMG_8750 (resized).JPGIMG_8750 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#819 6 years ago

Need some ramps. I know the bottom of that G Ramp is probably chipped and hanging on by a thread or less. Freeplay40 is working on them now, so if you need some get in touch with him. He's making Gs and Rs. If you have a GNR, and you aren't hoarding a G ramp or two, you're doing life wrong. If you don't order, someday you'll think back on this post and have a life regret.

4 months later
#864 5 years ago

I love the GNR magnets. You can vote for them on the TWIP poll as best magnets here.
https://goo.gl/forms/0BWu1FcxnI1ozMiE2

1 month later
#903 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Shouldn't the trap door trigger when the multi ball is lit or Snake pit is triggered before even the ball hitting the ramp?

I have the same issue. Ramp exit switch functions. Trip door doesn't open. No loose connections. Was working fine and just gave out.

1 month later
#952 5 years ago

I've had my machine for 20 years this July. All of a sudden, I am getting stuck balls behind the upper flipper. I bet others have had fixes for this.

It usually happens during a multiball.

4 months later
#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Guys, I was wishy-washy on selling my GnR that I've had for 20 years+. But 3 NIB games coming in next few weeks. Something just gotta give and it's GnR.
Super condition, prototype play field. ColorDMD (plus original DE DMD), PinSound board (plus original DE board), FF speaker kit, Invisiglass, LEDs, extra set of plastics, etc.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64003

I love these early production playfields with "Multi-Ball" instead of the GNR logo on the yellow insert leading to the VUK.

2 months later
#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i have a set of those for backup....

Do Guns N' Roses owners have the biggest parts hoards? I have extra plastics, spare G ramp, spare R ramp, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have an early production playfield. It has some wear from it's 1994-1998ish routing days, but I don'w want to do a playfield swap and lose the early production art. Personally, I dislike the style of the black GNR logo by the Add Band Member. I would love a CPR remake with the pre-production version. I'd do a swap AND get one for the hoarde!

1 week later
#1266 4 years ago

Who's excited about the mirrored backglass?
I sure as hell am!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/gnr/

3 months later
#1436 4 years ago

I emailed about that backglass. They are coming, just accidentally put up on the site too early. No drama or problems.

Who else wants one? That is going to look cool!

2 months later
#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
It works in GNR.

I was jealous of this one since I first saw it. Make sure to check this out.

1 month later
#1622 4 years ago

I popped on the mirrored backglass from CPR. It's pretty cool. It's a bit darker, which is to be expected because it's a direct print. But, with my bright flashers, it turned out great. There's a side by side and an "after" shot.

IMG_9704 (resized).jpgIMG_9704 (resized).jpgside by side (resized).jpgside by side (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1924 3 years ago

I'm considering listing my early production (Says "MULTI BALL" and "ADD BAND MEMBER" in a wrong font instead of GNR logo near COMA inserts, black and chrome wireforms) GNR for sale. It's got a topper, uninstalled Freeplay ramps, mirrored backglass, complete extra plastics set, pinsound, LED conversion, a Color DMD and a few other small tricks up its sleeve. I've owned it since 1998. What would you list it at? It doesn't seem to compare with anything listed recently.

IMG_7573 (resized).JPGIMG_7573 (resized).JPGIMG_7578 (resized).JPGIMG_7578 (resized).JPGIMG_7587 (resized).JPGIMG_7587 (resized).JPG
4 months later
#2135 3 years ago

I was thinking of listing my OG GNR. I've had it since 1998. What does this group think is a fair price for an early production (early art mistakes) GNR with PinSound, Pinsound Speakers all around, Color DMD, recently replaced new G ramp, topper, Mirrored Backglass (and Original) with a set of spare G and R ramps (Freeplay) and plastics set. It's been LEDed (where bulbs aren't visible). There's a lot of low ballers out there, so I wanted to ask this forum for advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Draegermeister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=Draegermeister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.