(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 9 years ago

I want to see those pop caps put in upside down so the light shines down on the playfield. having the light go up wards is great for lighting the caps, but I think it would be more useful downward lighting up the playfield. Anyone try that? curious to see how it would look.

I recently bought GNR again. Not planning on having this one leave anytime soon.

#198 9 years ago

which is good way to do it. So if you want less pitch, raise the front. More for the back.

#206 9 years ago

12 songs I think. Plays almost the entire album of AOD. Doesn't play rocket queen tho which I was hoping was the song for RIOT.

#212 9 years ago

i've only seen Riot twice in my life. Once a long time ago with my first machine, and once just last week, on the first game I played of the new machine I just bought.

1 week later
#252 9 years ago

I have a used R ramp that isn't broken. The G ramp is the one that usually breaks. I should put a set up on ebay if the are selling for $1000.

#254 9 years ago

i'm on my 3rd GNR and none of them had broken R ramps.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Neo do you have the metal ramp protectors? I'd consider yourself very lucky. Don't go play the game now!!! LOL!!

I do have the ramp protectors that i've owned for about 5 years now, laying the coin door. I'll get around to putting them on someday.

2 months later
#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

Count me in the club! Picked one of these up recently and am loving it so far. I recently sold off my entire collection after having a bit of a pinball lull. This is a great game to get me back into the swing of things. It's been on my wanted list since I started in this mad hobby.
I do have one issue that I hope someone here could help me with. I think I am missing something between the left orbit shot and the mode start hole. I am having difficultly starting modes and after having a look it seems that there should be a lane guide or posts with rubber or something that separates the orbit lane from the mode start lane. I have a couple of holes there but nothing to stop the ball from veering off from the mode lane. (This is all under the G ramp.)
If somebody could take a picture of this area for me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks guys.

maybe your missing that little metal guide after the black post?

#294 9 years ago

if not, I might have something very close to it. I have piles of metal walls like this.

#296 9 years ago

no problem. I had to make a metal wall like this for my Tommy as the upper right corner was missing it. Made the orbit very tough to shoot. Looked in my pile, found one that had the playfield holes lined up, cut it off a bit and worked perfectly. Can't even tell it wasn't original.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

In addition to all of the good advice above, note that Pinball Life sells an upgraded flipper coil for GNR to help with that ramp.

Why would you need an upgrade? I've had 2 different GNRs and clean shots have no problems making the ramps.

#308 9 years ago

on clean games with flipper mechs that work right and rebuilt, should be no problems. Only problems i've ever heard about, are the auto kick problems from powdercoated wire tubes.

#319 9 years ago

you also want to make sure your auto plunger is hitting dead center. If it's off to the sides top or bottom, the ball will not get the full force needed to launch consistently into play from the shooter lane. Also, make sure the tip is flat so you get even hit every time. If it's worn off to the side, your hitting the ball with a wedge. not going to be consistent either.

7 months later
#375 8 years ago

I was thinking about putting mini spot light looking cans in the back area, shining down on the back of the playfield. Linked directly to the mode lights. As you light a mode, it will light the same colored spotlight can in the back as well. As you get more and more modes done. More cans would be lit, and when you have them all, you are ready to do the concert (riot).

#379 8 years ago

i'm actually going to see if a friend can 3D print these for me. I'll keep you guys updated.

2 months later
#416 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Man I searched for something like this for a while. It would be cool if someone could 3D print these. I could see these replacing the spotlights in AC/DC and Met.
Let me know what you come up with NEO

I was trying, but someone said someone else was working on releasing these and he didn't want to step on his toes. I havn't heard shit about it ever.

1 week later
#424 8 years ago

looks good, but won't they dig into the original artwork and start a wear line? Once they go on, I think they would ruin the cabinet to ever go back? no?

1 month later
#434 8 years ago

I have the Xpin one in mine. Xpin put it in there because they used my GNR at expo this year for a demo. It's nice because it has fuses in places that normally are not fused, and has the option to add GI control board, that lets you adjust the intensity of the GI's in 3 different sections of the playfield. Also LED ready.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

How much for the left nut? This is one time where I DON'T want pictures!

PM sent.

1 year later
#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Anyone that has LED'd their game, I'm looking for ideas. Please share a photo of color schemes you've done. Thanks!

color schemes look like shit..every time. GI's White/daylight. Backbox...white/daylight. This is the only option you really have if you don't want it to look like shit. colors are only for behind inserts of the same color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.