(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

GNR was one of the first pins I bought, I chose it over a TOTAN for the same price, same condition. The whole package is unparalleled, it stood alone for nearly 2 decades as the only real "rock" pin until ACDC and MET came along, and like MET it is a Borg design with Lyman's participation as well. It is the only game with 3 mid-field magnets slinging 2-to-6 ball multiball every which way.

I've gone thorough a round of trying to brighten up the game, being 20 years old... really hesitant to go LED which would affect the light show. I'm not yet convinced this game is a good candidate for LEDs, but I think it can be done somehow.

2 years later
#430 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

can someone explain how the drop down door on the G ramp goes down? Mine has no problem going up and the ball goes in but it doesn't go down fast enough sometimes that if I hit another G ramp it still stays up. I posted about this before and someone mentioned the black rod needed to be going through the coil straight but mine is. Seems like if the door is open high the rod goes out of the coil and there is some rubbing when it goes back in - maybe that is preventing it yet sometimes it just goes down and I don't even notice it.
What is the way this thing is expected to work to go back down and does anyone have any suggestions? Already tried the degreaser to make it not stick but didn't help.

On mine the hinges of the G-ramp door touch the wireframe below, so after it opens it gets stuck in the up position. It sounds like yours is doing that but to a lesser degree. My fix is to put in a spacer to lift the G-ramp just enough so the trap door has plenty of clearance to go back down without resistance. I have a replacement ramp that I hope will resolve the issue, just haven't got around to installing it.

1 month later
#469 8 years ago

Nothing a little duct tape won't fix

#472 8 years ago

Good News!

colordmd_gnr_(resized).pngcolordmd_gnr_(resized).png

#498 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

the magnet board looks like a must to me!

Sounds like a good option to replace a damaged original, not sure I'm seeing it as a compelling upgrade.

1 month later
#533 8 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

However, I'm wondering if the normal behavior of this left flipper is to trigger the lower left flipper by the initial button push and then beyond the halfway point the upper left flipper becomes triggered. That is what mine is doing right now but I'm not sure what the correct behavior of this dual left flipper setup should be.

That is expected behavior with most dual flippers. Some of the tutorials I've seen show how you can cradle a ball with the lower and still use the upper, so it's actually a nice feature.

7 months later
#641 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Anyone that has LED'd their game, I'm looking for ideas. Please share a photo of color schemes you've done. Thanks!

Pics make a good guideline but I have yet to see scheme for this game that I like, so even though I tend to use mostly colored bulbs, for this one I'm leaning toward mostly white... just making it brighter than stock goes a long way.

4 months later
#691 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Also wondering if anyone has recommendations on left G ramp and seems like ever since I redid some things on playfield it's harder to get the ball up the left G ramp. I have tried everything to make sure the entrance grade is low but nothing appears grossly off

Sounds like some flipper tuning is in order. Clean all the grease and replace the coil sleeve. If that doesn't work consider a flipper rebuild kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=Baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.