(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 51.
#251 9 years ago

I've never seen the R ramp anywhere! That wasn't broken!!!

#252 9 years ago

I have a used R ramp that isn't broken. The G ramp is the one that usually breaks. I should put a set up on ebay if the are selling for $1000.

#253 9 years ago

G ramps have been re-made. NOS R ramps are worth coin. I think all the ramps break on GNR.

#254 9 years ago

i'm on my 3rd GNR and none of them had broken R ramps.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Anyone here get their hands on these ramps?
ebay.com link » New Data East Guns n Roses Pinball Ramps G And R Ramps New Rare

Way expensive, but that does appear to be a brand new fully populated R ramp. Not exactly an easy thing to come across.

My R ramp has a crack on the left side, and that is it. These used to go for 60 bucks or so, but just like everything related to GnR have rocketed in price. I have a used but extremely nice shape (no cracks or breaks) R ramp. Like Neo, I should put on ebay for about 500 and see what happens

#256 9 years ago

Neo do you have the metal ramp protectors? I'd consider yourself very lucky. Don't go play the game now!!! LOL!!

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Some pics of mods.

Do you have a small screen on the left next to the snake? If so, can you show some additional pictures and share some insight to the details of it including what parts you used and installation? Looks great!
Also, how did you do your bumper caps in the black with the "guns" in the middle? That looks great! I just added the multiple LED ring in yellow to my own which nicely lights up the otherwise darker bumper area.

image.jpg 223 KB

image-578.jpg 231 KB

image-942.jpg 136 KB

image-973.jpg 174 KB

image-662.jpg 158 KB

image-320.jpg 198 KB

#258 9 years ago

NIB always pull top dollar, used is used.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Neo do you have the metal ramp protectors? I'd consider yourself very lucky. Don't go play the game now!!! LOL!!

I do have the ramp protectors that i've owned for about 5 years now, laying the coin door. I'll get around to putting them on someday.

#260 9 years ago

MJW has one of my Micro Display Mods installed by the snake. You can find more info on the website:

www.sparkypinball.com

#261 9 years ago

So thought I'd post these questions here. First though, loving this GNR since being shopped. What a spectacular rule set and pin. Just super cool. Now on to some tweaks I thought you members may be able to help with:

1. Once in awhile, the vuk will send the ball up to the shooter lane wireform, but it hangs up on the left side of the shooter lane wire form. I have to pull glass and nudge it. Quite annoying. I tried to swivel the vuk wire form a bit with no success.

2. Occassionally the laser kickback will not kick the ball very hard. It's like it makes half an effort to kick. All is tight under the apron and the plunger moves freely, etc. Also the wiring looks good to the lugs. Wondering if this is switch related?

3. Anyway to make the pops more powerful? I haven't cleaned the switches on them, and that would probably help a great deal. I know DE pops aren't like Williams. Thoughts?

Thanks

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So thought I'd post these questions here. First though, loving this GNR since being shopped. What a spectacular rule set and pin. Just super cool. Now on to some tweaks I thought you members may be able to help with:
1. Once in awhile, the vuk will send the ball up to the shooter lane wireform, but it hangs up on the left side of the shooter lane wire form. I have to pull glass and Nudge it. Quite annoying. I tried to swivel the vuk wire form a bit with no success.
2. Occassionally the laser kickback will not kick the ball very hard. It's like it makes half an effort to kick. All is tight under the apron and the plunger moves freely, etc. Also the wiring looks good to the lugs. Wondering if this is switch related?
3. Anyway to make the pops more powerful? I haven't cleaned the switches on them, and that would probably help a great deal. I know DE pops aren't like Williams. Thoughts?
Thanks

1. Is it catching on an edge of a piece of metal? Maybe a quick filing?

2. Make sure the kickback is hitting the ball dead center. Also check the lugs to make sure you have a good solid connection with the wires, and not just a few strands.

3. DE pops do take a little bit more work to get them to perform better, and they seem to lose adjustment quicker. Clean the switches, and get those things as close together as possible. Mine work very well, but it was a PITA to get the switches adjusted. You may want to buy different spoons, and see if a different style works better. I did this on a buddy's BBB to get his pops working, and it did wonders. (Went with a shallower spoon, I think it was DE ones, but honestly cannot remember.)

#263 9 years ago

Wow. Killer game this morning.

Made 6 ball multiball for the first time by getting all band members.

Had Riot Multiball lit, but drained prior to acheiving it. Ugh!

What a brilliant pin this is. PIcked it up as I got an amazing deal. Never knew how good it was.

1 week later
#264 9 years ago

Is it normal that the snake pit entrance light on the g ramp and its associated snake light at the snake lane don't blink in attract?

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is it normal that the snake pit entrance light on the g ramp and its associated snake light at the snake lane don't blink in attract?

Yep.

#266 9 years ago

Thanks

I swapped out the yellow leds on the snake entrance and shooter for greens. Matches the snake pit mode light.

1 month later
#267 9 years ago

Do all DE games ride as high in the cabinet - and off the floor - as GnR? Can't lift playfield all the way up in my low ceiling basement. No problem with Stern and Williams games.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do all DE games ride as high in the cabinet - and off the floor - as GnR? Can't lift playfield all the way up in my low ceiling basement. No problem with Stern and Williams games.

You can always switch to shorter legs. I had to do this with my fh that is kept at my grandmas.

#269 9 years ago

Anyone know what the backstage pass light does?

#270 9 years ago

I have had my gnr for 10 years and always thought my g ramp was mint , had a closer look and it is chipped . I just put in a shaker and removed the g.i. leds and went back to regular bulbs . Much better now. Still have leds in the controlled lamps and its great there.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Blinks during Slash Solo mode.

#272 9 years ago

This thread is getting me hyped up for my future GNR.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It blinks, that's about it. I thought it was tied into the ball saver, but nope. I think that insert and the skull on the right loop were never fully fleshed out in the rules

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

You can always switch to shorter legs. I had to do this with my fh that is kept at my grandmas.

Thank you for the response. I may need to do this if I don't move the game to my office.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It blinks, that's about it. I thought it was tied into the ball saver, but nope. I think that insert and the skull on the right loop were never fully fleshed out in the rules

I thought it was a ball saver flasher too, but it comes on at weird times and I can't find a pattern to it.

Anyone else have any clue?

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I thought it was a ball saver flasher too, but it comes on at weird times and I can't find a pattern to it.
Anyone else have any clue?

Possibly timed to the modes?

#277 9 years ago

Interesting thought. It does come on at the plunge of the first ball, which generally has matt scoring started..

#278 9 years ago

Anyone have any extra plastics laying around?

Looking for the skinny plastic that runs from the beginning of the shooter lane, up. It has the faces on it.

Anyone have one they wanna sell? Mine is chipped.

#279 9 years ago

Not sure if this is against the rules but, figured I'd share with you guys. I have a complete set of NOS playfield decals up for auction. These are originals from the late 90's. NOT the wrong colored repros that are available today. Please check them out if you are interested.

ebay.com link: like

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Not sure if this is against the rules but, figured I'd share with you guys. I have a complete set of NOS playfield decals up for auction. These are originals from the late 90's. NOT the wrong colored repros that are available today. Please check them out if you are interested.
ebay.com link » Like

Not sure why you think the repros are wrong. My snake ramp repro decal that came with my new ramp was spot on, as were the drop target decals. I can't comment on the others as they are in great shape

#281 9 years ago

My drop target decals were spot on. Repros.

#282 9 years ago

Sorry I should've been more clear. The repro drop target decals are fine it's the colors that are off on some of the new repro's. Yellows are too lemon yellow not orange yellow and the blues are not right. Trust me. When you have them side by side there is a big difference. But hey I know that doesn't bother some people and I'm fine with that. I'm just offering up an option for people to acquire some original decals, that's all.

#283 9 years ago

The apron decals I got recently were far from the correct color. Offhand I can't remember exactly what was wrong but they did not look right. I think the yellow was too dark. Either way I tossed them in a box and left my original artwork alone. It was different enough that I'd rather have the beat up original than to use the repro.

1 week later
#284 9 years ago

Also posted in the mods thread, any advice on removal of gun grips? Removed the screw but they won't budge and before I use too much force and have a "whoops!", asking here....

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Also posted in the mods thread, any advice on removal of gun grips? Removed the screw but they won't budge and before I use too much force and have a "whoops!", asking here....

You have to pull the gun frame off the cab - screws on the backside of each grip hold them on. That single screw is holding the left/right halves of the frame together.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

You have to pull the gun frame off the cab - screws on the backside of each grip hold them on. That single screw is holding the left/right halves of the frame together.

U answered on both! Posted in both threads so I'd be covered....thumbs up on quick response, looking forward to putting these on....thx again!

#287 9 years ago

About 5% of the time my GNR will kick two balls into the shooter lane at ball start. Anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if the coil is firing twice, I think it does. Flaky trough switch maybe? I guess to debug I'll take the apron off and watch for it to happen...

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballYeti:

About 5% of the time my GNR will kick two balls into the shooter lane at ball start. Anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if the coil is firing twice, I think it does. Flaky trough switch maybe? I guess to debug I'll take the apron off and watch for it to happen...

You have a flakey switch somewhere in your ball trough.

1 week later
#289 9 years ago

Count me in the club! Picked one of these up recently and am loving it so far. I recently sold off my entire collection after having a bit of a pinball lull. This is a great game to get me back into the swing of things. It's been on my wanted list since I started in this mad hobby.

I do have one issue that I hope someone here could help me with. I think I am missing something between the left orbit shot and the mode start hole. I am having difficultly starting modes and after having a look it seems that there should be a lane guide or posts with rubber or something that separates the orbit lane from the mode start lane. I have a couple of holes there but nothing to stop the ball from veering off from the mode lane. (This is all under the G ramp.)

If somebody could take a picture of this area for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

#290 9 years ago

this is from my recent restauration:
P1030439.JPGP1030439.JPG

let me know if you need more....

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

Count me in the club! Picked one of these up recently and am loving it so far. I recently sold off my entire collection after having a bit of a pinball lull. This is a great game to get me back into the swing of things. It's been on my wanted list since I started in this mad hobby.
I do have one issue that I hope someone here could help me with. I think I am missing something between the left orbit shot and the mode start hole. I am having difficultly starting modes and after having a look it seems that there should be a lane guide or posts with rubber or something that separates the orbit lane from the mode start lane. I have a couple of holes there but nothing to stop the ball from veering off from the mode lane. (This is all under the G ramp.)
If somebody could take a picture of this area for me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks guys.

maybe your missing that little metal guide after the black post?

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

this is from my recent restauration:

let me know if you need more....

Thank you so much! That is very helpful. So I am missing something then! I have the post with the rubber but I do not have the metal guide behind it.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe your missing that little metal guide after the black post?

You are spot on.
Now to see if this part is available anywhere. I suspect not though.

#294 9 years ago

if not, I might have something very close to it. I have piles of metal walls like this.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if not, I might have something very close to it. I have piles of metal walls like this.

Thanks Neo. A local pinhead has offered to make one for me so it looks like I am sorted. Looking forward to playing more modes per game! Thanks for your help.

#296 9 years ago

no problem. I had to make a metal wall like this for my Tommy as the upper right corner was missing it. Made the orbit very tough to shoot. Looked in my pile, found one that had the playfield holes lined up, cut it off a bit and worked perfectly. Can't even tell it wasn't original.

#297 9 years ago

Anyone know of any GnR projects out there? Message if so.

#298 9 years ago

After re-assembling my GNR after doing some mods and such, I've noticed that the left G ramp shot is much harder to make. It almost seems like the ramp is too steep compared to how I used to shoot that ramp quite easily. I've checked to make sure everything is aligned properly, the L shaped bracket is on the left side holding the side down. Does anyone have any insight to this?

#299 9 years ago

what´s your playfield angle?

#300 9 years ago

Might need to rebuild your Flippers at this point, as all it takes is just a tinny bit of slag in the linkage to make the flippers not strong enough to make that ramp shot.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.