(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,556 posts
  • 279 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by per3per3
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3400 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6771 (resized).jpeg
GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
There are 2,556 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.
#2551 37 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Where is this power booster?
My color dmd keeps cutting out, unplugging power and plugging back in fixes the issue for about 5 minutes

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/en/41-data-east-power-booster.html

#2552 37 days ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I also joined the club this past week! Looking for inner side art (not mirror blades)....does anyone make them? BTW, the DE version is MILES AWAY better than the 2020 version, hands down.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

I don’t have side art on this pin, but Retro Refurbs has a couple styles on their site. Can speak for them tho, maybe someone here can recommend some.

I have both GNR’s and I really can’t disagree with you. The JJP one has gotten better with recent code & flipper I/O board upgrade (prior the flippers just sucked).

But as far as DE GNR goes, DE GNR is a masterpiece. It’s GNR in the hey day with the original members minus Adler & Izzy. It’s Borg, Slash, and Lyman Fkn Sheats code. It’s a wide body to fit more assets. There’s a guitar neck lock, and a band members lock letting you play the game multiple ways. There’s magnets that send the balls into choas. There’s 2 orbits. There’s 2 plungers, One a Gun, One a Rose. There’s a captive ball which plunges it into its own area in the playfield. It has a video mode where you run over people with a Harley (even if it was lifted from Harley Davidson ). There’s mfn “G” & “R” shaped ramps. And there’s not a 6 ball Multiball every single mode, you earn it by getting to Riot the final Wizard. And with a Pinsound, I’ve had the entire GNR catalog long before JJP came out with only 20ish songs. And every time I get snake pit, Slash Godfather solo plays long before showcasing it in Godfather. And all of that for a mere $5-$6K. So bang for the buck, this pin is one of the most underrated pins out there.

IMG_3140 (resized).jpegIMG_3140 (resized).jpeg
#2553 37 days ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I also joined the club this past week! Looking for inner side art (not mirror blades)....does anyone make them? BTW, the DE version is MILES AWAY better than the 2020 version, hands down.

I have these art blades in mine

IMG_0983 (resized).jpegIMG_0983 (resized).jpeg
#2554 36 days ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Hello...I'm excited to be joining the club this weekend. I have a few initial questions:
1) I have a Pinsound plus I plan to move from my Shadow into GnR. I see that there are several Pinsound mixes available. I'm curious what folks' recommendations are for the best mixes: I want greatest hits and not the live versions. I know you can download multiple mixes, but defer to the experts here on recommendations given my criteria.
2) Do most Pinsound users also install the Data East power booster from pinside?
3) Do the stern mirror blades fit well? I'm looking at the ones from pinballlife for instance
4) I'd like to install the stern lollipop side rails and have seen posts that claim they fit...can someone confirm and perhaps provide some pics?
Thanks!

As far as the mixes, everyone will be biased towards their own because it’s so easy to make one. I’d grab one from this thread or the pinsound site and then add/subtract songs to make it your own.

Also I just got mirror blades a couple of weeks ago from cointaker. They look great.

#2555 34 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

As far as the mixes, everyone will be biased towards their own because it’s so easy to make one. I’d grab one from this thread or the pinsound site and then add/subtract songs to make it your own.
Also I just got mirror blades a couple of weeks ago from cointaker. They look great.

If anyone has a mix that isn't already up on the pinsound community site that they'd like to share then please PM me. Ultimately, here are my favorite songs (not live versions) to give you a sense of what I'm looking for: Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain, Civil War, You Could Be Mine, Dont Cry, Night Train, and Live and Let Die, and Patience. Essentially the standard greatest hits. I have downloaded the viper, berserk, and 1994 versions to try

Thanks!

#2556 32 days ago

For anyone that replaced their ball launch coil, did you go with the 22-500 coil (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5017-00)? Also, for this coil, does it use the same diode 1N4004?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collinsville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 18.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,556 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.