(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 51.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Did the gun in textured black since I have an extra chrome setup. I don’t think chrome goes with the game. My opinion only.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes your going for the dark theme which looks good thanks for showing

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Homepin board for sure with C-4 cap installed. I changed all 3 magnets & crappy fuse holder. Been working for 3 yrs.

The Homepin is just like the revised -01 version of the original board so there shouldn't be any difference. As far as I can tell the upgrade too the -01 board adds three parts to the original.

The issue we're seeing still occurs with the Homepin or revised/updated original board. There is something else going on in this machine. Apparently when he bough it the magnet board was disconnected so whoever he bought it from had magnet issues. We've measured the resistance of the magnets and all seem ok. Swapping magnets is a last resort but I don't think that is the issue. I customized a version of the magnet driver to add status LED's and saw them all trigger at once which I doubt is correct. That is why we switched to looking at the MPU and wiring.

I'm checking what I can on the MPU and it appears that the main parts there that could be a factor are the 74154 or 6821. Without knowing what was done I have no confidence that the wiring of the connectors is correct. Unfortunately I haven't seen that wiring in the original manual for the game. Either that page is missing or it is an oversight in the manual. It would really help to get reference photos of the connector wiring on the magnet board and also CN1, CN2, and CN3 on the MPU. It wouldn't be the first time that I have run across an instance where someone repinned a connector, wasn't paying attention, and plugged wires in the wrong spot, swapped, reversed, etc. Last one was for a lamp driver on a Paragon where I saw evidence of repinning then found someone had swapped a couple wires.

Good reference photos will help confirm if the wiring is correct or messed up. Or, if someone has a schematic set that shows the magnet board and the wiring for it.

1 week later
#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

We both know D/E is the best.

DE with a pinsound and color DMD is easily as good as the JJP. We have both and they get played the same amount.
Just as good when adding the above mods and factoring the gameplay and shots.

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Did the gun in textured black since I have an extra chrome setup. I don’t think chrome goes with the game. My opinion only.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I will take your extra set.

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I will take your extra set.

It’s for another project game.

2 months later
#2456 11 months ago

Any interest out there in a GNR Playfield. It’s a CPR, pretty nice, some insert key lines are off. I have no use for it now. Prefer local pickup if possible. J

#2457 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Where did that neon come from?

eBay, it was a Christmas present from my wife. It has the jjp logo in the middle , but I didn’t care, the neon is bitchin

1 week later
#2458 10 months ago

going to work on a GnR at a customers house and the axle plastic is not secured correctly. I'm trying to make sure I have the right post/stand offs so I can get it right. I'll be adding the protectors and new plastics.

Looks like 3/8 or 1/2" plastic stand offs from axle to blue plastic? Then how long are the screws?
I looked in the manual and it kind of shows it but not with the parts required. p 44-45

Thank you!

Picture below was one posted in this thread, it showed what I was talking about best.
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 10.46.06 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-06-06 at 10.46.06 AM (resized).png

#2459 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

going to work on a GnR at a customers house and the axle plastic is not secured correctly. I'm trying to make sure I have the right post/stand offs so I can get it right. I'll be adding the protectors and new plastics.
Looks like 3/8 or 1/2" plastic stand offs from axle to blue plastic? Then how long are the screws?
I looked in the manual and it kind of shows it but not with the parts required. p 44-45
Thank you!
Picture below was one posted in this thread, it showed what I was talking about best.
[quoted image]

PM’ed you on this subject since that is my pic.

#2460 10 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

PM’ed you on this subject since that is my pic.

Looks like u added some clear plastic too it also

#2461 10 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Looks like u added some clear plastic too it also

GNR starburst & Axl plastic protectors. They work well. The rubber post sleeves give it some extra cushion. Wife plays everyday & haven’t broke a plastic in 2+ yrs. J

#2462 10 months ago

Sweet looks great

1 week later
#2463 10 months ago

Does anyone have a used non broken/cracked plastic that is just to the left of the shooter lane they could part with? The tip of mine has broken off where it gets screwed into the wood rail and I don't want to have to purchase an entire set of plastics just for this one.

Please PM me with what you have. Thanks!

#2464 10 months ago

In case anyone is looking to add to their collection.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Guns N' Roses Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “For sale is a fantastic Data East Guns N Roses which I have owned for 15 years. Game was torn down, cleaned and rebuilt a few years ago and has only had limited play since. She's ...”
2023-06-22
Lakeville, MN
Archived after: 37 days
Viewed: 355 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2465 10 months ago

Asking $6850 obo for my game in the marketplace. Please go take a look.

I know some will say "mods" don't add value, which is fine, but these add-ons completely transform the game as many in this group will attest and this is also an extremely nice example of this pin.

Pinside range $5730 - $6670 for base game.

ColorDMD - $400+
Pinsound+ Board - $400ish
Pinball Pro Speaker upgrade = $170ish

Am I too high? Do I just need to wait out a slow market? Help me out!

20230621_175432 (resized).jpg20230621_175432 (resized).jpg
#2466 10 months ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I know some will say "mods" don't add value, which is fine, but these add-ons completely transform the game as many in this group will attest and this is also an extremely nice example of this pin.
ColorDMD - $400+
[quoted image]

Agree on the mods. These are absolutely must have & not over the top decorations like most games. This would probably sell a lot quicker around $6-6200. True that the market is slowish. J

#2467 10 months ago
Quoted from theGiven:

ColorDMD - $400+
[quoted image]

Market is slow and this title specifically seems to be slow. Think your price is very fair. You could always remove the color dmd and move it to another machine and lower the price to maybe sell more easily?

#2468 10 months ago

I'm of the humble opinion that DEGNR is wayyy better than JJPGNR, from every standpoint except the "wow" aspects of the lcd screen and modern controlled lighting. But I don't play the lights or the screen...

Being a "rarer" game that you don't really see on location, or a game that doesn't change hands very frequently, I don't think a lot of people, especially those newer to playing pinball, have experienced the original. I think a lot of people are burned out by the JJP version, and automatically downplay the DE version. Yes, the JJP version is pretty looking, but it's basically a rudimentary jukebox for wealthy collectors to look at, that also happens to have a pinball playfield built-in.

With a color DMD, modern LEDs, and (In my opinion, the optional) Pinsound, it absolutely hangs with modern games. For the roughly $6500ish market price this title commands, you are getting a packed-to-the-gills wide-body game, with a killer theme, that is a bargain compared to most stripped-down Stern Pros. Dare I say it has moved into the sleeper/undervalued category? Aside from the doesn't-actually-contribute-to-the-gameplay "whiz-bang" the JJP has, the DE version is better in every way.

#2469 10 months ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm of the humble opinion that DEGNR is wayyy better than JJPGNR, from every standpoint except the "wow" aspects of the lcd screen and modern controlled lighting. But I don't play the lights or the screen...
Being a "rarer" game that you don't really see on location, or a game that doesn't change hands very frequently, I don't think a lot of people, especially those newer to playing pinball, have experienced the original. I think a lot of people are burned out by the JJP version, and automatically downplay the DE version. Yes, the JJP version is pretty looking, but it's basically a rudimentary jukebox for wealthy collectors to look at, that also happens to have a pinball playfield built-in.
With a color DMD, modern LEDs, and (In my opinion, the optional) Pinsound, it absolutely hangs with modern games. For the roughly $6500ish market price this title commands, you are getting a packed-to-the-gills wide-body game, with a killer theme, that is a bargain compared to most stripped-down Stern Pros. Dare I say it has moved into the sleeper/undervalued category? Aside from the doesn't-actually-contribute-to-the-gameplay "whiz-bang" the JJP has, the DE version is better in every way.

I feel like DEGNR needs a twippy award after reading this

I’ve been an owner for a fewish years now, I couldn’t agree more. More over, I dont want to watch old Axel Rose perform, I want the bad ass Axel

#2470 10 months ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

100% agree! The GNR from JJP is not something I have enjoyed playing at all. Were as I have had my DE GNR for 15 years and I don't even like the band or music. It's just a fun game to play! But alas, it's time to sell mine.

#2471 10 months ago

DE GNR is the best ever by far

#2472 10 months ago

DE GNR is the best ever by far

Absolutely

#2473 10 months ago

Excited to have picked one up last weekend. Unfortunately, I am on vacation & won’t get a chance to play until next weekend.

#2474 10 months ago

For sure owned my for over 35 years for a reason

#2475 10 months ago

For sure owned my for over 35 years for a reason

It came out 29 years ago.

#2476 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It came out 29 years ago.

That's right lol I got my when it was 2 years old ,27 years sorry about that but great game all around for sure

#2477 10 months ago
Quoted from theGiven:

ColorDMD - $400+
[quoted image]

I just sold one with Pinsound+ and factory topper, full LEDs for 5500. Had orange DMD but maybe that will help you. Game was in great shape also no wear anywhere and cliffys installed by me.

#2478 10 months ago

Prices on all pins have gone up lately like everything else has in life never ends lol

#2479 9 months ago
Quoted from theGiven:

ColorDMD - $400+
[quoted image]

Mine had same mods and a few more than yours. Found the right guy and went for $7500 some time ago.

I think your asking price is right on

#2480 9 months ago

My GnR isn't modded. only add on was the Pinball Pro speakers. I like keeping the machine orginal. I don't care for LED lighting or color dmd. I would sell mine for $5800.

#2481 9 months ago
Quoted from gregh43:

My GnR isn't modded. only add on was the Pinball Pro speakers. I like keeping the machine orginal. I don't care for LED lighting or color dmd. I would sell mine for $5800.

Good deal.

#2482 9 months ago

many years ago I purchased a new G ramp from Marcos specialties. I noticed the ramp isn't the same color as the original stock factory. looking at their site now it seems to be right color. anyone else have that issue.

20190704_192642 (resized).jpg20190704_192642 (resized).jpg20190704_192850 (resized).jpg20190704_192850 (resized).jpg
#2483 9 months ago

I make reproduction G & R ramps for GnR. While the original R ramp is a more transparent red, the original G ramp is more along the lines of "translucent"....like opaqueish. I suppose it was based on what plastics were available at the time of manufacture. Nowadays, no colored plastic suitable for vacuum forming is available, so we now dye the plastic. My new G ramp is more transparent than the original and matches the R ramp transparency.

IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPG

#2484 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I make reproduction G & R ramps for GnR. While the original R ramp is a more transparent red, the original G ramp is more along the lines of "translucent"....like opaqueish. I suppose it was based on what plastics were available at the time of manufacture. Nowadays, no colored plastic suitable for vacuum forming is available, so we now dye the plastic. My new G ramp is more transparent than the original and matches the R ramp transparency.
[quoted image]

Get Mark’s ramps everyone. You won’t be sorry. His shade of yellow really pops in this game.

IMG_1591 (resized).jpegIMG_1591 (resized).jpegIMG_1531 (resized).jpegIMG_1531 (resized).jpegIMG_1533 (resized).jpegIMG_1533 (resized).jpegIMG_1540 (resized).jpegIMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
#2485 9 months ago

I probably should have mentioned that I only have two sets left! Maybe only one as Jrotten just inquired for a set.....he's bought several of these over the last few years.

#2486 9 months ago

GnR ramp sets are gone. Have one R ramp left. If there is continued interest, I will do another run, likely this fall.

#2487 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

GnR ramp sets are gone. Have one R ramp left. If there is continued interest, I will do another run, likely this fall.

That was fast theses are great ramps for sure

#2488 9 months ago

Thanks Jrotten for posting the pics. Those Ramps look Great!. Awesome Job Freeplay40!

#2489 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Agreed, Mark's rampa are awesome

1 week later
#2490 9 months ago

Ive got an issue with the Extra Ball light up the top of the guitar neck near the saucer. It doesn't work. I have checked the globe and the holder for it and they aren't the issue (I tried switching the working one next to into the slot and it doesn't work).

Could this then be an issue with something on a board somewhere? If so where and what should I be looking at? I've got the skills to solder/desolder on boards but not a lot of skill in reading schematics to chase down the relevant section of the board to look at.

1 week later
#2491 9 months ago

Has anyone installed these inner blades and if so share a picture?

guns-n-roses-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east (resized).jpgguns-n-roses-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east (resized).jpg
#2492 9 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

Has anyone installed these inner blades and if so share a picture?[quoted image]

Not bad looking, I went with black mirror blades. Less busy

#2493 9 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Not bad looking, I went with black mirror blades. Less busy

Where did you get your black mirror blades from?

#2494 9 months ago

Could this then be an issue with something on a board somewhere? If so where and what should I be looking at? I've got the skills to solder/desolder on boards but not a lot of skill in reading schematics to chase down the relevant section of the board to look at.

Check the lamp board at the pins where the connector attaches. Could be a broken or cold solder joint on that specific pin that runs that lamp. Could test continuity with a DMM or just reflow the pin with solder.

#2495 9 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

Pinballdecals.com His name is Joey. Pretty heavy in weight. I have pics posted in this thread somewhere

#2496 9 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

IMG_1537 (resized).jpegIMG_1537 (resized).jpegIMG_1538 (resized).jpegIMG_1538 (resized).jpegIMG_1539 (resized).jpegIMG_1539 (resized).jpegIMG_1540 (resized).jpegIMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2497 8 months ago

I have a set of heavy vinyl cabinet decals for sale. I believe they are from oversees. $200 shipped obo. PM for more info.

IMG_1534 (resized).jpegIMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#2498 6 months ago

Still would love to get a replacement gun shooter.....if anyone has one laying around.

3 weeks later
#2499 5 months ago

Sadly, I will soon be leaving the club. I just listed my GnR for sale yesterday ...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “This is the one you've been waiting for! The game has been fully restored inside and out. The cabinet and backbox were stripped, filled, sanded, painted, and then new decals were a...”
2024-04-16
Glenview, IL
8,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1895 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#2500 81 days ago

Finally in this club.. Alright might have to put some new pinball pro speakers in this game. Any other mods you guys put in your games?

IMG_0567 (resized).jpegIMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.