(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

That stinks. I just ordered the Pinsound upgrade, but I wanted the option to be able to play the original soundtrack. I may have to return it

Don’t do it. Once you get an orchestration to your liking, you will never want to hear the original again.

#2102 3 years ago

Backside of my backbox and cabinet are all scratched up, where to get decals ?

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Backside of my backbox and cabinet are all scratched up, where to get decals ?

Phoenix Arcade

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/products/guns-n-roses/guns-n-roses-5-piece-cabinet-decal-set

#2104 3 years ago

Thx for the hint ,but i have decals for the rest of the cabinet, i only need for the backside....

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Thx for the hint ,but i have decals for the rest of the cabinet, i only need for the backside....

Ah, I skipped right over 'backside.' I don't know that anyone has done decals for that.

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Don’t do it. Once you get an orchestration to your liking, you will never want to hear the original again.

Ok! After talking with Blackjacker and based on your advice, I’m definitely going to give it spin. Can’t wait to get it

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I’m definitely going to give it spin. Can’t wait to get it

I have both Pinsound and a PinWoofer system in my GnR. Amazing sound and tracks. All dialed in and rocking!!

#2108 3 years ago

Best pinsound remix?

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Best pinsound remix?

Post 1942 was a winner for me. I’ll likely make my own when I have a few hours to kill.

#2110 3 years ago

Wait does nobody have the original GNR sound files for Pinsound? They usually have them on the site. Regardless agree with the consensus here and the Pinsound is the way to go. I’ve never looked back and this pin is a must. You could load the entire catalogue if you wanted to

#2111 3 years ago

Also if it wasn’t mentioned, the power boost cable is required. They sell it separately and not sure why. The sound will cut out at loud volumes without it. And this is the pin you turn up loud

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Post 1942 was a winner for me. I’ll likely make my own when I have a few hours to kill.

Hey that’s mine. Glad you like it. I spent a lot of time on it. I still play this game every day and I swear it’s because of pinsound.

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Hey that’s mine

Appreciate the efforts!! It was the best of any I could find and I like it!!

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Wait does nobody have the original GNR sound files for Pinsound? They usually have them on the site.

It is on the Community site, yes.

#2115 3 years ago

Question for those with pinsound, how do I get the pedometer volume on the diagnostics above 23? If I unplug CN3 it automatically raises to 100. I have to crank up the volume on the pinsound board which then distorts it

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Question for those with pinsound, how do I get the pedometer volume on the diagnostics above 23? If I unplug CN3 it automatically raises to 100. I have to crank up the volume on the pinsound board which then distorts it

If you are having volume issues you need to turn up the Pinsound EQ, Volume, etc on the Pinsound board. If it’s distorting I’m curious if you bought the power boost connector

#2117 3 years ago

If you are having volume issues you need to turn up the Pinsound EQ, Volume, etc on the Pinsound board. If it’s distorting I’m curious if you bought the power boost connector

Yes I have the Power Boost connector. Also have turned up the EQ to the 90's in volume just to get a decent sound

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but you could get the headphone station. It bypasses the potentiometer completely and gives you an external volume control.

#2119 3 years ago

Cant make any sense of my lazer kick and magnets.

changed the q2, r18, new coil for the kick(with diode) and as soon as it triggers it blows fuse f5 and f9
This is without magnets.

Magnets live a life of their own.
Top one is completely dead.
Left blows the f5 fuse on startup.
Right just gets incredibly hot when powered.

Feel like i tried everything, even swapped the power board for a pindora.. any ideas??

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

changed the q2, r18, new coil for the kick(with diode) and as soon as it triggers it blows fuse f5 and f9
This is without magnets.
Feel like i tried everything, even swapped the power board for a pindora.. any ideas??

With my magnets I ended up doing all new mags & fuses, installed Homepin magnet board with the capacitor they give you. I never blew fuses on the main board only the fuses under the playfield. If your mags read 3.5 ohms or less they are no good. John

#2121 3 years ago

Hey guys,

The trap door on the G ramp just barely lifts when it is triggered, and the ball will not go into the snakepit. It will get stuck on the door, and then eventually rolls down the G ramp. Does anyone have any tips or fixes that they could suggest? I am not very handy, and this is very annoying. Thanks for any help out there!

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

This is without magnets.

After a bunch of help from arolden and jrotten, I was able to repair my issue with <$8 in parts, and maybe a half hour of time.

Start at post 1904 in this thread and go from there. I ended up replacing a couple mosfets on the mag board with upgraded components, and adding a few additional caps, and it's been flawless since.

Good luck, you'll be back up and running soon.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I took off the glass and started rotating through the mini orbits/scoop mystery combos. Ill have to count next time, but they appear to be random and most were listed in the 2.0 rules.
Couple of things discovered though:
What exactly is "Special" - I didn't see what score increased and it doesn't really give any hints. (I look at the score next time)
The order in when the scoop gets lit doesn't follow the rules, it actually starts at 3, then goes to 6 or something then decreases down to 3 - ill write down the pattern next time
I got something called "Little Fighter" or something like that in the mystery scoop - no idea
There was also a 100,000,000 not listed in the 2.0 rules, again not sure if it was reputition or just a random mini orbit.
Im gonna keep plugging away and when I make sense of them, ill put it in the soon to be 3.0 rules
Oh, and I have the 3.0 ROM, so not sure if that matters as I don't have any differences listed from 1.0-3.0

Has anyone figured out what “Special” is? I still don’t know what that does when it comes up . . .

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Hey guys,
The trap door on the G ramp just barely lifts when it is triggered, and the ball will not go into the snakepit. It will get stuck on the door, and then eventually rolls down the G ramp. Does anyone have any tips or fixes that they could suggest? I am not very handy, and this is very annoying. Thanks for any help out there!

This is adjustment screw for trap door.

DCA8D427-4D44-4A22-A263-7A79B1779CA6 (resized).jpegDCA8D427-4D44-4A22-A263-7A79B1779CA6 (resized).jpeg
#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

This is adjustment screw for trap door.
[quoted image]

Winner! Thanks again for all of your help today!

#2126 3 years ago

Hello, Question on laser kick on left lane for patience. A lot of times my laser kick shoots it up into the pops like it should, sometimes in the same game it hits it very weak & sometimes twice & ball drains. I have not removed apron yet to see if the coil is sticking. Anyone have this issue? Possible bad coil or on its way out? This issue is not consistent & can play a whole game with it shooting perfectly every time. Today’s game it was bad, very weak & drained 3 balls in a row.

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Hello, Question on laser kick on left lane for patience. A lot of times my laser kick shoots it up into the pops like it should, sometimes in the same game it hits it very weak & sometimes twice & ball drains. I have not removed apron yet to see if the coil is sticking. Anyone have this issue? Possible bad coil or on its way out? This issue is not consistent & can play a whole game with it shooting perfectly every time. Today’s game it was bad, very weak & drained 3 balls in a row.

If it fully works sometimes (full power) and doesn’t at other times, first guess is it’s something simple like a bad solder connection. I’d check the connections on the coil lugs first - solder joints there can shake apart.

#2128 3 years ago

Anyone tried pinstadiums in gnr? I got a game that already had them and I’m thinking of swapping them into gnr

#2129 3 years ago

If this a cue that i need to do new rubbers or just normal amount of dirt after a few months of regular use? I normally clean it a few times a year, but it seems to be dirty more often the last few months

I have had the game for 2+ years and not sure what its history was before.

20201224_073432 (resized).jpg20201224_073432 (resized).jpg

Quoted from lpgnr:

Has anyone figured out what “Special” is? I still don’t know what that does when it comes up . . .

I have wondered what this means too

#2130 3 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

If this a cue that i need to do new rubbers or just normal amount of dirt after a few months of regular use? I normally clean it a few times a year, but it seems to be dirty more often the last few months
I have had the game for 2+ years and not sure what its history was before.
[quoted image]

I have wondered what this means too

Special is extra game which is not needed for home use. You should clean up that playfield with Novus 2 & then follow up with P21S wax. Get rid of black rubber, clean out ball trough metal parts, most of the dirt comes from there. Easiest way is to remove apron, there’s always a lot of dirt under there. You can use 50/50 isopropyl alcohol to clean up under there.

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Anyone tried pinstadiums in gnr? I got a game that already had them and I’m thinking of swapping them into gnr

Here’s a video with pinstadium if anyone is thinking about it. Fast forward to about the 5 minute mark and you’ll see the UV flashers when multiball is ready. I’ll probably keep them in there for at least a little while.

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Here’s a video with pinstadium if anyone is thinking about it. Fast forward to about the 5 minute mark and you’ll see the UV flashers when multiball is ready. I’ll probably keep them in there for at least a little while.

Looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

What Pinsound mix are you running?

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Were you able to figure out the issue?

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looks really good. Thanks for sharing.
What Pinsound mix are you running?

I made my own mix. I posted a link to it on this thread. Just search for my posts if you want to download it. I’m biased, but it’s good

#2135 3 years ago

I was thinking of listing my OG GNR. I've had it since 1998. What does this group think is a fair price for an early production (early art mistakes) GNR with PinSound, Pinsound Speakers all around, Color DMD, recently replaced new G ramp, topper, Mirrored Backglass (and Original) with a set of spare G and R ramps (Freeplay) and plastics set. It's been LEDed (where bulbs aren't visible). There's a lot of low ballers out there, so I wanted to ask this forum for advice.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I was thinking of listing my OG GNR. I've had it since 1998. What does this group think is a fair price for an early production (early art mistakes) GNR with PinSound, Pinsound Speakers all around, Color DMD, recently replaced new G ramp, topper, Mirrored Backglass (and Original) with a set of spare G and R ramps (Freeplay) and plastics set. It's been LEDed (where bulbs aren't visible). There's a lot of low ballers out there, so I wanted to ask this forum for advice.

I too own a GnR's. I've had mine since the late 90's. I think the DE GnR's value is somewhat softer now with JJP's competing.

With all yours has to offer... I would think the low to mid $6000 range.

Kerry

#2137 3 years ago

$6,500US with the color, $6k without. If body in mint condition, may get a bit more. I would sell the Pinsound separately or keep it. You can likely sell the mirrored glass separately as well. This price excludes the Pinsound. GL.

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Is this a cue that I need to do new rubbers or just normal amount of dirt after a few months of regular use? I normally clean it a few times a year, but it seems to be dirty more often the last few months.

Black rubber is the worst when it comes to keeping your playfield clean. My recommendation would be to replace it with either white rubber or silicone.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I think it’s right orbit into axle scoop,I’ve seen the “squid jr” award many times,but can’t put my finger on it, that might be little fighter combo tho. There’s an axle combo as well.

I saw the axl combo for the first time the other day. The DMD has Axl with a dolphin. Made me laugh

#2140 3 years ago

The way you describe the game, 6k easy.

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I saw the axl combo for the first time the other day. The DMD has Axl with a dolphin. Made me laugh

Still need to figure out the super combo

Usually it’s 3/4 shots tailing the combo

#2142 3 years ago

Borgie Bonus Combo Discovered.

4D55F13A-F056-46A3-AA88-4BE63A3FEB07 (resized).jpeg4D55F13A-F056-46A3-AA88-4BE63A3FEB07 (resized).jpegD30F0A14-262A-4453-AC85-1A4F60E986BB (resized).jpegD30F0A14-262A-4453-AC85-1A4F60E986BB (resized).jpeg
#2143 3 years ago

Borgie Bonus Combo Discovered.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you know what combo triggered it?

#2144 3 years ago

Anyone using a color PIN2DMD in their GnR? Wondering how the colorization is compared to other games. Thanks for the help!

1 week later
#2145 3 years ago

I recently picked up a GnR, it's an awesome machine. I'vd been changing some of the LEDs and got it looking great (to my taste).
I plan to get the pinSound and an Alt Backglass, but I'm holding off a few weeks.
Is there any must have mods out there?

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I recently picked up a GnR, it's an awesome machine. I'vd been changing some of the LEDs and got it looking great (to my taste).
I plan to get the pinSound and an Alt Backglass, but I'm holding off a few weeks.
Is there any must have mods out there?

Cig, Slash guitar, back panel, black mirror blades, spot lights, Duff target decals, etc.

900AD6A2-09E5-4159-BCF6-A683A75159C1 (resized).jpeg900AD6A2-09E5-4159-BCF6-A683A75159C1 (resized).jpeg9320778F-1A4E-4A71-9B07-974BF7AD5D00 (resized).jpeg9320778F-1A4E-4A71-9B07-974BF7AD5D00 (resized).jpeg9B1ADA5D-3D11-4C72-B384-9CA261656796 (resized).jpeg9B1ADA5D-3D11-4C72-B384-9CA261656796 (resized).jpegEBBA3A23-B97A-4313-99BF-6DCB8D8E7DE9 (resized).jpegEBBA3A23-B97A-4313-99BF-6DCB8D8E7DE9 (resized).jpegFEA31BBA-DCA0-41EF-A0E4-C5DC7B206E23 (resized).jpegFEA31BBA-DCA0-41EF-A0E4-C5DC7B206E23 (resized).jpeg
#2147 3 years ago

I love those - especially the cig and guitar. Do you have a link?

#2148 3 years ago

Guitar from cointaker, cig off eBay.

#2149 3 years ago

Does that cig light up?

#2150 3 years ago

Never saw that cig mod .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.