(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Not normal , just need a better soundmix

this is the first one on the list of available mixes on the Pinsound site , link to another place where I can find a better mix ? I see the ozzy remix one, and maybe 4 or 5 others. Should I just retry installing the file on thumb drive ?

#2053 3 years ago

Is there a mix with just the original soundtrack for the game? I just bought a pinsound and would want that option

#2054 3 years ago

I used the julien mix on pinsound , no more overlapping, and omg, it’s amazing , ! Not because of the mix necessarily, just that pinsound is incredible! It’s sooooo loud it literally shakes my entire condo! My wife was screaming at me,I couldn’t hear her at all, Biggest smile on my face! Wow. Really solid, turned up the bass ,I have the power adapter, and can’t wait to try new mixes after this one gets old, but it’s really good! Lots of profanity, I can’t say enough good things No need for shaker ! Lol.

#2055 3 years ago

Amazing !!

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Why don't you put these on the Pinsound Community site?

He probably has. It takes forever to get approved. I’ve had one pending for a couple of months.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

He probably has. It takes forever to get approved. I’ve had one pending for a couple of months.

How do you get approved? I've been waiting too so have a GNR pinsound and nothing to put on it

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How do you get approved? I've been waiting too so have a GNR pinsound and nothing to put on it

I meant when you submit a mix to the community board, they need to be approved and that can take forever. If you're just looking for a mix to put on your board, there shouldn't be a wait. Just go to pinsound-community.org and create an account. There's a download tab with all the mixes by game. There are about 10 on there for GNR including the original.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

It has never taken me more than a week to get something posted and approved. Maybe best to send them an email to remind them.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is there a mix with just the original soundtrack for the game? I just bought a pinsound and would want that option

YES . GNR does and I believe every game that is Pinsound compatible has a “stock” file available. I was disappointed in the GNR one though because it sounds just like it did in 1994. I think it would be cool to have a quality modern digital version because my current mix has a lot of profanity LOL and when younger kids / easily offended adults are around I usually throw in the stock file.

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I meant when you submit a mix to the community board, they need to be approved and that can take forever. If you're just looking for a mix to put on your board, there shouldn't be a wait. Just go to pinsound-community.org and create an account. There's a download tab with all the mixes by game. There are about 10 on there for GNR including the original.

Okay, I have an account and see the Guns n Roses options, total newbie question but how do I listen to them to see which I'd like on my machine?

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay, I have an account and see the Guns n Roses options, total newbie question but how do I listen to them to see which I'd like on my machine?

You have to download the orchestration and load it into Pinsound Studio. In the old version you could listen to sample games, not sure about the new version? But you can listen to each music track, etc. individually. But I don't think game play sounds is possible.

#2064 3 years ago

Test

F9AA0D4D-264C-41AB-95B0-933BA425408C (resized).jpegF9AA0D4D-264C-41AB-95B0-933BA425408C (resized).jpeg
#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

YES . GNR does and I believe every game that is Pinsound compatible has a “stock” file available. I was disappointed in the GNR one though because it sounds just like it did in 1994.

The 1994 stock mix on the community site has a fair number of files in the wrong “category” folders (jingle, music, single, etc) so you’ll get (like billrz experienced) sounds that step over each other and sounds that repeat when they shouldn’t.

And yeah... that glorious quality.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The 1994 stock mix on the community site has a fair number of files in the wrong “category” folders (jingle, music, single, etc) so you’ll get (like billrz experienced) sounds that step over each other and sounds that repeat when they shouldn’t.
And yeah... that glorious quality.

I wish someone would upload a fixed version of the stock mix. I like going old school once in awhile but as you say the sounds are muddled up and don't sound right. But as Stephen King frequently writes, If I had wishes that come true in one hand and my poop in the other we will know while would fill up first.....

#2067 3 years ago

this would be great to own.. signed by Slash
read the description. mint machine

ebay.com link: Holy Grail Guns N Roses Pinball Machine

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

this would be great to own.. signed by Slash
read the description. mint machine
ebay.com link » Holy Grail Guns N Roses Pinball Machine

Look closer. Not really mint, cracked g ramp & other stuff. 6k to high.

#2069 3 years ago

Here is the Pinside ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104288

The thread is entertaining. Based on his SN and condition, I call BS on the entire story. No authentication, it’s just a 6k machine.

#2070 3 years ago

Yea when you really look at it close up not that great shape as he says if that one is mint my is new in box then lol

#2071 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for pointing everything wrong with the machine. I wasn't able to get a good view of the pics on my phone. the ad was pulled off ebay. maybe the seller was called out on his bs. even Slash himself was probally disappointed

#2072 3 years ago

I’m very close to finishing my restoration and have 3 sets of wires that I’m unsure of location
1 - wires from Mystery is Lit light at Axl hole
2 - Green/White wire potentially slingshot?
3 - 2 long black wires from rear (look like the pop bumper light wires
Can anyone help with pics of these areas under their machine?

7A15C678-65B3-4EE5-A457-B7CACEA9890A (resized).jpeg7A15C678-65B3-4EE5-A457-B7CACEA9890A (resized).jpegAD0CA070-0740-4893-8C27-574C343BC716 (resized).jpegAD0CA070-0740-4893-8C27-574C343BC716 (resized).jpegD3319744-0108-4950-8A5B-EC57109F737A (resized).jpegD3319744-0108-4950-8A5B-EC57109F737A (resized).jpeg
#2073 3 years ago

Put up my biggest score by far last night what’s others GC scores sitting at ? I did 3 riot mb but no billion jackpots . Long game this one was !!

1585609A-EBBE-4777-B581-CCDACE00440F (resized).jpeg1585609A-EBBE-4777-B581-CCDACE00440F (resized).jpeg
#2074 3 years ago

I'm only guessing that you can readily backhand the guitar saucer?

Open those outlanes, add a fat yellow post rubber (or two) to the add-band-member saucer and the guitar saucer, and lets see you do that, haha!

But yeah, EPIC score nonetheless! I'm guessing that was about an hour long game! So satisfying. Great work!

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm only guessing that you can readily backhand the guitar saucer?
Open those outlanes, add a fat yellow post rubber (or two) to the add-band-member saucer and the guitar saucer, and lets see you do that, haha!
But yeah, EPIC score nonetheless! I'm guessing that was about an hour long game! So satisfying. Great work!

Yup. Michelle is wide open,and yes I was hitting both backhand shots like a master !! Fat yellow posts would make it harder for sure. My gc before this was 4.4b. I had hit 8.1 a couple years ago. I’ve gotten better tho

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Put up my biggest score by far last night what’s others GC scores sitting at ? I did 3 riot mb but no billion jackpots . Long game this one was !!
[quoted image]

Damn give us all a chance here bud. Congrats, you should post it on Pindigo. You’d slide into that #1 spot

340E367C-6DE0-49E7-8FFD-6AE7B5352DA9 (resized).png340E367C-6DE0-49E7-8FFD-6AE7B5352DA9 (resized).png
#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn give us all a chance here bud. Congrats, you should post it on Pindigo. You’d slide into that #1 spot
[quoted image]

Oh look at that,. I’m already in 2nd place. Now I have 1st and 2nd . Beat my old score by over a billion!

3 weeks later
#2078 3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2021.

Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-

#2079 3 years ago

Yes, Im in for sure!

#2080 3 years ago

If you have a Data East game, now is the time to act. What a great upgrade to your game!

Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2021.
Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
Details:

Count me in.

#2082 3 years ago

What does the opto board upgrade exactly?

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
Details:

Can you make another tz spiral?

#2085 3 years ago

Can someone confirm if this end of stroke switch is correct for GnR. Not sure if the left side with the double flipper uses a different one:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-and-early-sega-end-of-stroke-switch-180-5124-01.html

Thanks for the help!

#2086 3 years ago

I think the left one is a double throw to run both left flippers

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I think the left one is a double throw to run both left flippers

Thanks, these appear to be them. Only one side available at Marco.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone confirm if this end of stroke switch is correct for GnR. Not sure if the left side with the double flipper uses a different one:
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-and-early-sega-end-of-stroke-switch-180-5124-01.html
Thanks for the help!

Yes, that is the amended E.O.S. switch

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Can you make another tz spiral?

I can - if you promise to install to GNR ball trough

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Yes, that is the amended E.O.S. switch
[quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. I found them at Marco.

#2091 3 years ago

I have a problem with the Extra Ball light at the top of the guitar feature. It's stopped working. I have tried a different globe plus swapped the globe holder with the working one next to it and neither of them are the problem. Any suggestions??

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

I have a problem with the Extra Ball light at the top of the guitar feature. It's stopped working. I have tried a different globe plus swapped the globe holder with the working one next to it and neither of them are the problem. Any suggestions??

PCB.
1) check cold solder joints on connectors.
2) cracked trace.. test continuity.
3) bad diode.
4) bad socket pad.

#2093 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what music plays during Ramp Millions? Doing the pinsound and I don’t see a folder with that tune in it so nothing plays during the mode

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone tell me what music plays during Ramp Millions? Doing the pinsound and I don’t see a folder with that tune in it so nothing plays during the mode

I'm not sure what originally plays, but in my pinsound folders, the folder is called '1432595207 - GNR Mission'.

#2095 3 years ago

Not sure if this is inappropriate or accepted...I have 2 - 100% functional dmds.

One from my GnR, one from my Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I think they are interchangeable, someone correct me if not.

I am not looking to get rich, but would like to make a few bucks from them to offset the color dmd.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I'm not sure what originally plays, but in my pinsound folders, the folder is called '1432595207 - GNR Mission'.

Thanks I’ll check that out, I don’t think I have that folder name though, doesn’t ring a bell

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks I’ll check that out, I don’t think I have that folder name though, doesn’t ring a bell

What orchestration are you using to start off with? The one with the original sounds on the pinsound board is really messy. I started with one of the others and made my changes to it.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Quoted from allsportdvd:

If the folder is missing, you can simply make a new one, just be sure the folder name starts with 1432595207

In the original mix, the folder was 000050-press_fire (new format 1432595207-press_fire) and the file was press_fi__LEGACY.wav, which was an instrumental version of "Ain't Goin' Down"

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

If the folder is missing, you can simply make a new one, just be sure the folder name starts with 1432595207
In the original mix, the folder was 000050-press_fire (new format 1432595207-press_fire) and the file was press_fi__LEGACY.wav, which was an instrumental version of "Ain't Goin' Down"

I also used one of the others and added to it. Created an folder for that and now the guitar solo from November Rain plays during ramp millions! My only issue now is the volume. I have to crank it up to hear it. The diagnostic says volume of 23 at the pedometer when it’s fully turned up. I unplug CN3 and it goes up to 100. Any thoughts?

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

I wish someone would upload a fixed version of the stock mix. I like going old school once in awhile but as you say the sounds are muddled up and don't sound right. But as Stephen King frequently writes, If I had wishes that come true in one hand and my poop in the other we will know while would fill up first.....

That stinks. I just ordered the Pinsound upgrade, but I wanted the option to be able to play the original soundtrack. I may have to return it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/42?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.