(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 51.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connections on your white coin door interlock switch inside the coin door frame. It seems like the game thinks the coin door is being opened

Agree - The high voltage interrupt should not come on. This is not a PinSound issue.

#1952 3 years ago

Sorry. That first video I did open the door,then it made the worst crackling sound. Here’s a another video.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Sorry. That first video I did open the door,then it made the worst crackling sound., it shouldn’t do that either way tho. Never has before. Like if a ball gets stuck and I have to open the door,the flippers die,but nothing like that. Here’s a another video without opening the door. .

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Sorry. That first video I did open the door,then it made the worst crackling sound. Here’s a another video.

Where are you getting power for the sound? It sounds like you've exceeded the limit of that power source. What are all the mods that use electricity on your machine? ColorDMD, Pinsound, and...???

The reset is probably the watchdog circuit kicking in.

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

How do I know if I have that cable ? It does seem to be the sound “box”. Not the fuse. I’ll try n recreate it and get a video,. Thanks for the response. I think it is running pinsound, but I honestly don’t know

If you didn’t buy it from Pinsound (it doesn’t come stock with the card). Then you don’t have it and need to order it

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Anyone know where I could get one of the g ramp brackets. Mine was missing when I got it.
[quoted image]

I’ve got one - sent you a pm

4ACEC575-B7F9-40AF-B5F4-2289322D4066 (resized).jpeg4ACEC575-B7F9-40AF-B5F4-2289322D4066 (resized).jpeg
#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where are you getting power for the sound? It sounds like you've exceeded the limit of that power source. What are all the mods that use electricity on your machine? ColorDMD, Pinsound, and...???
The reset is probably the watchdog circuit kicking in.

I’ve owned the game for almost 3 yrs. I’ve added color DMD and changed 85 percent of the numbs with led. I’ve added nothing else,and those mods were like 2 hrs ago. It just started happening out of no where. I’m almost positive it came with pinsound,but I’m not positive and not sure how to find out. I think your right about the watchdog circuit kicking in and resetting it, but what is causing this, I neeed to find out !! ? Thanks for helping

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’ve owned the game for almost 3 yrs. I’ve added color DMD and changed 85 percent of the bulbs with led. I’ve added nothing else,and those mods were like 2 yrs ago. It just started happening out of no where. I’m almost positive the game came with pinsound,but I’m not positive and not sure exactly how to find out. I think your right about the watchdog circuit kicking in and resetting it, but what is causing this, I neeed to find out !! ? Thanks for helping

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’m almost positive it came with pinsound,but I’m not positive and not sure how to find out.

Open your back box and take some photos. Pinsound will be a black board with a few LEDs on it.

PinSound-Plus-2019-600 (resized).jpgPinSound-Plus-2019-600 (resized).jpg
#1960 3 years ago

And if you do have it, you need this https://www.pinsound.org/accessories/#powerbooster

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’ve owned the game for almost 3 yrs. I’ve added color DMD and changed 85 percent of the numbs with led. I’ve added nothing else,and those mods were like 2 hrs ago. It just started happening out of no where. I’m almost positive it came with pinsound,but I’m not positive and not sure how to find out. I think your right about the watchdog circuit kicking in and resetting it, but what is causing this, I neeed to find out !! ? Thanks for helping

Yeah, it just sounds like your machine isn't supplying steady 12v anymore due to age. If you have Pinsound, I'd get that powerboost adapter to fix that. You'll probably eventually have to rebuild the power supply at some point.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

You can just add the new sound directory to the audio folder. I'm not totally sure how you select which one when the game boots though. I've never done it. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Hey I can't get the multiple mixes to load, so I just removed the original and added yours to the flash drive and it works fine. Thanks again for your mix it sounds great!!!

#1963 3 years ago

Well, looks looks like I don’t have the pinsound thing, but I replaced 2 completely dead batteries and I havnt been able to recreate the issue . Only played 1 game , put up 1.6b and it felt brand new. It reset everything,freeplay high scores etc. I hope that fixes it! Seems to be that way,but I’ve been let down before. Ha. Thanks fir the help again !

1E6E721F-D667-491A-8236-6CF02382F679 (resized).jpeg1E6E721F-D667-491A-8236-6CF02382F679 (resized).jpeg
#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Well, looks looks like I don’t have the pinsound thing, but I replaced 2 completely dead batteries and I havnt been able to recreate the issue . Only played 1 game , put up 1.6b and it felt brand new. It reset everything,freeplay high scores etc. I hope that fixes it! Seems to be that way,but I’ve been let down before. Ha. Thanks fir the help again !
[quoted image]

You need to clip that battery pack off your CPU board ASAP and add an NVram module to keep your settings and scores instead. Regular batteries can and do leak and can destroy a CPU board. Problem solved with an NVRam board, and it's a cheap fix that's very easy to install on GnR.

https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to clip that battery pack off your CPU board ASAP and add an NVram module to keep your settings and scores instead. Regular batteries can and do leak and can destroy a CPU board. Problem solved with an NVRam board, and it's a cheap fix that's very easy to install on GnR.
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Order has been placed. I have a feeling this wasn’t the issue (I hope it was). Regardless,I didn’t even realize this still had those batteries. I figured the previous owner would have changed it. Gonna play some games and hopefully not recreate the power issue . Thanks ! Hopefully it’s an easy switch,I’m sure it will be.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Hey I never have had multiple mixes on a pin sound board before, how does my directory on my flash drive need to be set up to add this and get it to load correctly.

All your answers are here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound

#1967 3 years ago

I actually hate multi mixes on one flash drive. What I do is run an extended USB cord to the front coin box. Then you can easily change the USBs from the front of the game and no need to open the back box, etc. I put one mix on each USB. The cord cost under $10 on Amazon. I don't see the need to listen to multi remixes during one game. Hope this helps.

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I actually hate multi mixes on one flash drive. What I do is run an extended USB cord to the front coin box. Then you can easily change the USBs from the front of the game and no need to open the back box, etc. I put one mix on each USB. The cord cost under $10 on Amazon. I don't see the need to listen to multi remixes during one game. Hope this helps.

I think I got the extension cord idea from you in the other thread. But that's what I have too. Makes a huge difference just for ease of access when updating.

#1969 3 years ago

You can hear the crickets chirping.....

#1970 3 years ago

If you’re referring to the new GNR silencing this pin not hardly. I’m gonna be flipping this tonight

#1971 3 years ago

No matter how great the CE we just ordered is, our DE GnR will never leave. It may, however, get played slightly less.

#1972 3 years ago

Facts. I’m on the fence for a LE but even if I get it, there is a lot DE GNR has that the new pin just doesn’t have. IE Pinsound and entire GNR catalogue instead of just 21 songs. Widebody, Gunshooter & Rose plunger, Smooth GNR ramps, orbits, etc. I think the new pin compliments this one.

Once I see some of the JJP gameplay in action then I’ll know for sure. If not, I’m very happy with just having this pin

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

No matter how great the CE we just ordered is, our DE GnR will never leave. It may, however, get played slightly less.

Yep, I’m looking forward to putting these two beauties side by side.

#1974 3 years ago

I personally like the fact the DE version has actual images of the band. I don't think the new one does and I think all of the videos are from more current tours. I may be up for the base model but have to see it in action. Will be interesting to see if anyone incorporates some of the playfield pieces from the new game into the DE version.

#1975 3 years ago

I love DE GNR...One of my favorite games, hands down, even to this day.

Let's see, arguably, the first (and best) "Rock Band" pin that ACTUALLY incorporated their ACTUAL songs into the game, and told a story...

(Get out of here Bally Kiss, with besides the startup chime in the key of Rock And Roll All Night, could have been any other theme and it would have "worked"/DE Tommy with the musical versions of The Who's songs...)

Tells the tongue-in-cheek story of the band at the time, and even pokes fun at itself (have to get the band on stage, at a time, when they were notorious for being late, or not showing up).

Has actual callouts from the band members (JACKPOT!, RIOT! by Axl, etc.)

Features the only official release of "Ain't Going Down".

Has super fast game play, and can be very mean when set up correctly.

Designed by Joe Kaminkow(!), John Borg(!!), Lyman Sheats(!!!), and Slash(!!!!)

Balanced scoring, multiple ways to attack the game.

Getting to RIOT! wizard mode, and actually collecting a huge Jackpot is VERY challenging, as well as collecting the Super Jackpots in regular multiball.

Deep enough to keep my attention and not get stale; simple enough that newbs understand what to do.

Some interesting and hidden "stacking" features.

Captures the feeling of being at one of their concerts pretty well, and the wide variety of music in this game gets you pretty pumped and never seems repetitive.

6 ball multiball never gets old.

And last but not least, features McBob with a couple of different lines!

Not going to lie though, I may be getting my first JJP ever. With Slash (and most of the band on board) again, this is really an unprecedented release; I can't really think of any other band that "fits" pinball so perfectly, and when the lead guitarist is a pinball enthusiast and had a direct hand in the design and flavor of the game, I'm not sure we'll ever see anything like this again...

Cliche I know, but I never would have thought we'd see the band continue on as successfully as they have recently, and have another game, especially of this quality and magnitude, released! At least not in this lifetime!

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Has actual callouts from the band members (JACKPOT!, RIOT! by Axl, etc.)

Features the only official release of "Ain't Going Down".

Never knew Axl did those call outs ... and Ain't Going Down has since been released. I am adding a JJP CR GnR next to my DE GnR, because ... GnFnR!

#1977 3 years ago

I don't remember where I heard or read it, but apparently, it was a real challenge to get Axl to do the couple callouts he has and sing the lyrics to Ain't Goin Down...

I could only imagine his perspective on things back in '94, haha.

#1978 3 years ago

could only imagine his perspective on things back in '94, haha.

Different mindset for him back then ... super shy dude and can be difficult to work with.

#1979 3 years ago

I don't remember where I heard or read it, but apparently, it was a real challenge to get Axl to do the couple callouts he has...

https://gameroomblog.com/features/guns-n-roses-pinball

#1980 3 years ago

Found me an original topper. Got a colordmd coming this weekend. I still love this game. I’ll probably get the JJP one eventually, but to pair with it, not replace it.

41C36DC9-C159-4340-9935-FD46CFE18F86 (resized).jpeg41C36DC9-C159-4340-9935-FD46CFE18F86 (resized).jpeg
#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Never knew Axl did those call outs ... and Ain't Going Down has since been released. I am adding a JJP CR GnR next to my DE GnR, because ... GnFnR!

So when you getting your new pin so we can see them side by side?

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Found me an original topper. Got a colordmd coming this weekend. I still love this game. I’ll probably get the JJP one eventually, but to pair with it, not replace it.
[quoted image]

Looking good. Yeah the new pin does nothing to replace this one. It definitely compliments it tho.

The new one is the current lineup and vibe with all the newness & features you want to see in a pin

The original one is the classic band in the heyday (minus Adler) It’s got smooth iconic G & R ramps, magnet frenzy, A Gun & Rose Plunger, and with a Pinsound unlimited catalog of music. And this machine is the true LE with only 3000 pins ever made.

Either way, good to see GNR back on top again

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So when you getting your new pin so we can see them side by side?

Probably a month out ... SE’s are next up then CE’s are built

#1984 3 years ago

Sweet!

#1985 3 years ago

Anyone had an issue where the top half of the bulbs on the backbox are out? It is almost exactly half of the bulbs right across. I haven't checked the fuses yet. Thinking it may be a connector is loose or damaged. Thanks for the help!

#1986 3 years ago

Look how different these pictures are?I had to take a double look after seeing production line pics.The upper left playfield is so much better on production shots

97B817AF-C55C-4BC1-A5B8-8C7DF0622123 (resized).png97B817AF-C55C-4BC1-A5B8-8C7DF0622123 (resized).pngB4740BD9-7405-4305-966E-4E93D4A7F251 (resized).pngB4740BD9-7405-4305-966E-4E93D4A7F251 (resized).png

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look how different these pictures are?I had to take a double look after seeing production line pics.The upper left playfield is so much better on production shots
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like more of a concert setup to me, I do dig the big Gibson ball lock but just seems out of place in the middle of the PF. I’m really torn, would be nice to see some game play of the SE. I think I could live without the physical ball lock if the light show on the Se is the same as the LE but I think it’s significantly different.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks like more of a concert setup to me, I do dig the big Gibson ball lock but just seems out of place in the middle of the PF. I’m really torn, would be nice to see some game play of the SE. I think I could live without the physical ball lock if the light show on the Se is the same as the LE but I think it’s significantly different.

I’m talking about the difference in the two pictures of the SE.It looks like the actual production SE is much more complete with band figures and more

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m talking about the difference in the two pictures of the SE.It looks like the actual production SE is much more complete with band figures and more

I agree, the production picture looks better.

My issue with the SE is the cab art blows, the back glass art blows and the light show is significantly neutered.

If that SE had a killer art package I have no doubt they would sell a ton more on price/art combo. It’s just not there.

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Didn't even realize this was there. Thanks for posting. Be nice to see it in action.

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Probably a month out ... SE’s are next up then CE’s are built

LEs are being made, then SEs, then more LEs and then CEs. CEs won't be ready til closer to the end of the year.

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone had an issue where the top half of the bulbs on the backbox are out? It is almost exactly half of the bulbs right across. I haven't checked the fuses yet. Thinking it may be a connector is loose or damaged. Thanks for the help!

Fixed this exact issue a few weeks ago. Here, it was a couple of cold/cracked solder joints on the pins for connector J5 on the PPB board. (If I put pressure on the connector the lights would come on; take my hand off and they'd go off.) I ended up reflowing every pin on the PPB while I had it out.

The DE GI is super simple to trace. For the backbox GI it's two separate circuits - Brown+White/Brown and Green+White/Green. (One of those pairs is for the upper set of lights, the other for the bottom - I *think* the brown set is for the upper.)

All four of those wires come out of CN8 on the Power Supply board. From there the two striped wires go to pins 1+3 J5 on the PPB, where they run through fuses and then back out of J5 pins 5+7. Those two outputs from J5 and the brown and green solid wires then head up to the Z-connector and onto the backbox. (I had initially thought the Z connector was my problem because when I mucked around with it my lights came back on, but turned out it was just changing the pressure of the wire harness leaning on the J5 PPB connector when I was moving it around.)

Grab your multimeter and start at one end or the other and find where you lose power - should be a straight shot.

#1993 3 years ago

Time to put “DE” in the thread title.

#1994 3 years ago

I just saw something that might make it ok to get a SE check out new pics.I wonder why they changed it?Its so much better!

29797912-318A-4F87-8F71-DBACCE67FCAB (resized).png29797912-318A-4F87-8F71-DBACCE67FCAB (resized).png6328570E-1409-47DA-B1E5-2301488A9C44 (resized).png6328570E-1409-47DA-B1E5-2301488A9C44 (resized).png84D48042-3369-4DB2-90EE-73E9107BEEF9 (resized).png84D48042-3369-4DB2-90EE-73E9107BEEF9 (resized).pngC7CF78C7-BD8A-42CB-9083-83FE24E40096 (resized).pngC7CF78C7-BD8A-42CB-9083-83FE24E40096 (resized).png

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just saw something that might make it ok to get a SE check out new pics.I wonder why they changed it?Its so much better!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It does look ok but they neutered the light show on the Se didn’t they?

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It does look ok but they neutered the light show on the Se didn’t they?

As you know the hot rails are just white leds and the articulating stage cans are gone, but I would guess it will still light up like a mofo

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wrong thread guys....This is The Data East one ..

#1998 3 years ago
B0546D0C-16E7-48C7-9289-B9E2B2D9BCEE.jpegB0546D0C-16E7-48C7-9289-B9E2B2D9BCEE.jpeg
#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Wrong thread guys....This is The Data East one ..

THIS

Not SE, LE or CE, we are DE here

There are enough threads about the JJP machine, do not hijack our DE thread.

#2000 3 years ago

DE is between LE & CE considering only 3000 were ever made

Just sayin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/40?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.