(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Last night, I noticed the upper left flipper wasn't as "snappy" as it usually is, and my left flipper has lost some power as well. I did a quick clean of the associated mechs, and left it at that, but to no avail. I haven't began looking at anything else yet, but where should I start? I was going to check the eos at the lower bat, and maybe do the old crisp dollar bill trick across the button switch contacts...

I had an issue with a weak right flipper. Was the end of stroke switch that needed to be adjusted.

#1852 3 years ago

Just my GnR pin last sunday. I've wanted one since my mom took me to Salisbury Beach in Northern MA in 1995 for a vacation. Its been my White Whale since then when I was 14. Had a few issues and I've resolved some (Top Left Flipper, Right bottom). Just looking for some advice on a few things.

My back yellow bumpers and big bulbs in the backbox don't light up. I checked out the fuses but nothing....

The gun isn't super strong and only sends the ball 50% of the time.

I'm interested in upgrading and modding it out. I have a few LED around from other machines but I've never picked up a full "set", is it worth it? What is the best soundboard for the money? I'm sure I'll have more questions but thanks in advance!

#1853 3 years ago

Did you check wire connector on power supply for the lights? Pinsound is the way to go on this game. Post some pics of your game.

9BE92988-8918-4C46-ADD1-D75FCDC176FF (resized).jpeg9BE92988-8918-4C46-ADD1-D75FCDC176FF (resized).jpeg5CFE7C34-9169-4A24-9DCC-CDF9892200D3 (resized).jpeg5CFE7C34-9169-4A24-9DCC-CDF9892200D3 (resized).jpeg
#1854 3 years ago

There is also a better shooter coil available to get that ball up the ramp. John

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Just my GnR pin last sunday. I've wanted one since my mom took me to Salisbury Beach in Northern MA in 1995 for a vacation. Its been my White Whale since then when I was 14. Had a few issues and I've resolved some (Top Left Flipper, Right bottom). Just looking for some advice on a few things.
My back yellow bumpers and big bulbs in the backbox don't light up. I checked out the fuses but nothing....
The gun isn't super strong and only sends the ball 50% of the time.
I'm interested in upgrading and modding it out. I have a few LED around from other machines but I've never picked up a full "set", is it worth it? What is the best soundboard for the money? I'm sure I'll have more questions but thanks in advance!

Soundboard IMO is Pinsound. So you can get stereo sound and change the music with the various remixes available. There not cheap but great. Some good orchestrations already done for GnR. If you like Black Sabbath, check out mine

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/72-guns-n-roses/

#1856 3 years ago

Bunch of GnR stuff being auctioned off today. Backstage passes, signed guitars, awards from various shows, etc. If you are looking for the McFarlane Slash figure for your pinball, you can get a signed box by Slash. Starts soon.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-auctions/live-sale/id/320

gnr mc (resized).JPGgnr mc (resized).JPG
#1857 3 years ago

Yup. 30% buyer premium & crazy shipping. Read reviews & the slash figure would cost around $300 if your the only bidder at $100.

#1858 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the auction. I already have a Slash figure I picked up at a flea market for 10 bucks! The other stuff is cool but a little outta my price range at the moment. I checked the connector after your tip and didn't have any luck .

Here are some pics. Maybe something will jump out at you. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFAUdXBx7WYE84ukYS50cAiw8mdg2Ycn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iI1YzuvIcwTOh-sQYYragpsc9ksHajb3/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1he38zyotX0PV4U7w7BagEeALaYMNm4Cm/view?usp=sharing

#1859 3 years ago

Email pics, won't come up on link you sent. John

#1860 3 years ago

Auction for Slash figured signed went for $1500 + 30% buyers premium & shipping. WTF!!!

#1861 3 years ago

JJP purchasing building the hype.

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Auction for Slash figured signed went for $1500 + 30% buyers premium & shipping. WTF!!!

Kurt Cobain's guitar went for $6 million without the buyer's premium!

2 weeks later
#1863 3 years ago

I replaced the old, yellow flipper bats with new, white ones, added black silicone rubbers and custom flipper toppers from tilt graphics. Check it out...

4DFD76A0-6475-4DC8-89E5-E2BF396F3C8B (resized).jpeg4DFD76A0-6475-4DC8-89E5-E2BF396F3C8B (resized).jpegC6343F28-4305-4236-8BE3-62FD5D3DE15F (resized).jpegC6343F28-4305-4236-8BE3-62FD5D3DE15F (resized).jpeg0706C0F0-6DA8-43E1-B33F-75CC4DDB21C4 (resized).jpeg0706C0F0-6DA8-43E1-B33F-75CC4DDB21C4 (resized).jpeg0EF9C1E4-424D-42CA-9700-06A39DAA8AF5 (resized).jpeg0EF9C1E4-424D-42CA-9700-06A39DAA8AF5 (resized).jpegBAD34CA1-6B14-4851-B828-3C472C40F5D3 (resized).jpegBAD34CA1-6B14-4851-B828-3C472C40F5D3 (resized).jpeg
#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I replaced the old, yellow flipper bats with new, white ones, added black silicone rubbers and custom flipper toppers from tilt graphics. Check it out...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can make those yellow bats like new with Dawn power dissolver (not the same as dawn dishwashing liquid). DPD and an old toothbrush are like magic for that kind of cleanup.

This is for a two pack. This stuff is VERY concentrated, so I usually dilute. These 2 bottles are essentially 4 bottles once diluted.

https://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Dish-Power-Dissolver-ounce/dp/B01F2EE88S

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can make those yellow bats like new with Dawn power dissolver (not the same as dawn dishwashing liquid). DPD and an old toothbrush are like magic for that kind of cleanup.
This is for a two pack. This stuff is VERY concentrated, so I usually dilute. These 2 bottles are essentially 4 bottles once diluted.
amazon.com link »

Two of the flippers were cracked and I thought white looked much better for the GNR color scheme. Thanks for the heads up though.

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Two of the flippers were cracked and I thought white looked much better for the GNR color scheme. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah a cracked bat ain't worth saving, but if it's just cosmetic, yeah, remember that DPD. Works great on flipper and plastics, but be very careful on the backside of the plastics. It WILL take the ink off if you let it set. Wipe on (diluted), wipe off, and rinse well.

#1867 3 years ago

?????????????????

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

?????????????????

Dawn Power Dissolver. I was taking a shortcut since it was already established what the full name of the product was.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dawn Power Dissolver. I was taking a shortcut since it was already established what the full name of the product was.

You wanted to save some writing but then you had to explain on a full new comment spending a lot of words, and then you have me here writting about that, and also wasting more letters and my own time.

What a crazy world we are living... Never again use acronyms.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

You wanted to save some writing but then you had to explain on a full new comment spending a lot of words, and then you have me here writting about that, and also wasting more letters and my own time.
What a crazy world we are living... Never again use acronyms.

What would you have preferred? That I ignore the question as one of a moron that can't follow a thread where the posts that make clear the meaning are literally in a direct line, one after the other? I took the nicer way, but it seems to not have been appreciated by you. My mistake.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What would you have preferred? That I ignore the question as one of a moron that can't follow a thread where the posts that make clear the meaning are literally one after the other? I took the nicer way, but it seems to not have been appreciated.

Just joking man

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for clarifying... I thought it was some kind of superglue.

#1873 3 years ago

Just repaired a GNR with several interesting issues so I wrote a blog post about the repairs. This may be useful to some of you: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/guns-n-roses

#1874 3 years ago

While checking on a weak upper and lower left flipper issue tonight, I noticed the laser kick has now stopped working. The left out lane switch appears to be good; dmd triggers the animation for kickback when testing with glass off. Looked at solder joints on the coil lugs, and they look good. Any idea where to begin before I have to move a few games out of the lineup to get enough room to work on it? Haha.

There’s a diode on the coil, but I haven’t even broke the meter out yet, for what it’s worth...

#1875 3 years ago

While checking on a weak upper and lower left flipper issue tonight, I noticed the laser kick has now stopped working. The left out lane switch appears to be good; dmd triggers the animation for kickback when testing with glass off. Looked at solder joints on the coil lugs, and they look good. Any idea where to begin before I have to move a few games out of the lineup to get enough room to work on it? Haha.
There’s a diode on the coil, but I haven’t even broke the meter out yet, for what it’s worth...

I would start with the ground and +50 volts.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I would start with the ground and +50 volts.

Going to have to dig out the schematics. Hoping it just needs a good cable re-seat, but that's hardly ever the case, haha

#1877 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can purchase a R Ramp from? Mine has a crack in it. I looked on Marcos specialties but all they have is the G ramp. Anyone making repro? Thanks

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Anyone know where I can purchase a R Ramp from? Mine has a crack in it. I looked on Marcos specialties but all they have is the G ramp. Anyone making repro? Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

#1879 3 years ago

Mark at Freeplay will make you a R ramp. Great quality. Just changed both of mine. Awesome fit & finish.

#1880 3 years ago

Freeplay40 Ramp

3FEF9ADF-F887-4CE6-B01A-97DD6AEFDFB5 (resized).jpeg3FEF9ADF-F887-4CE6-B01A-97DD6AEFDFB5 (resized).jpeg
#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Freeplay40 Ramp

Did it come with the flap already installed?

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

yes they do!

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sorry, liked the yellow ones better.

#1884 3 years ago

Thanks Jrotten and Blackjacker for your help.
Looks Great!

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Yes, Flap, switch bracket, & clear plastic cover.

#1886 3 years ago

Here’s my topper I came up with. It’s a real, mini guitar.

344FFF9E-E403-4989-ABCB-EEE0E806E9FE (resized).jpeg344FFF9E-E403-4989-ABCB-EEE0E806E9FE (resized).jpeg1B0B98A0-A9AE-498F-ADA1-DDCDFF59B1E4 (resized).jpeg1B0B98A0-A9AE-498F-ADA1-DDCDFF59B1E4 (resized).jpeg
#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Just repaired a GNR with several interesting issues so I wrote a blog post about the repairs. This may be useful to some of you: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/guns-n-roses

Really nice write-up. I still have to tweak the shooter lane for the same reason and wear you experienced

#1888 3 years ago

So now that I finally have some time to troubleshoot my non working laser kick...

Coil doesn’t fire in coil test.

Checked connections and reseated plugs at the power board.

Checked the connection (but not voltage) of the associated transistor on the ppb board.

Checked voltage off the laser kick coil lugs and got 0.000...

Any idea where to check next?

#1889 3 years ago

So after getting my laser kick squared away (of course the last thing I checked was the fuse ...), I’m still at wit’s end with the upper left flipper being weak. I pulled the flipper board, and every thing appears ok; clips are good and tight, fuses are good...any idea what would cause it to be be “un-snappy”? It can’t make the loop, it’s that bad.

Holding strength seems ok, it’s just initial pulse that seems weak. I’m done for the evening, but will be back at it tomorrow.

#1890 3 years ago

So after getting my laser kick squared away (of course the last thing I checked was the fuse ...), I’m still at wit’s end with the upper left flipper being weak. I pulled the flipper board, and every thing appears ok; clips are good and tight, fuses are good...any idea what would cause it to be be “un-snappy”? It can’t make the loop, it’s that bad.
Holding strength seems ok, it’s just initial pulse that seems weak. I’m done for the evening, but will be back at it tomorrow.

Have replaced the coil stop on the flipper? That will cause a weak flipper everytime.

#1891 3 years ago

I’m looking for recommendations on a LED kit for my GnR. I’ve been hesitant to change over from incandescent to LED because so many kits are too bright and have considerable ghosting. Who’s got the best kits?

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunner:

I’m looking for recommendations on a LED kit for my GnR. I’ve been hesitant to change over from inconsistent to LED because so many kits are too bright and have considerable ghosting. Who’s got the best kits?

Randy, I used pinballbulbs.com ultimate led kit. Comes with everything & no ghosting. Also includes extra spotlights & led strip for snake in green. Email me I have a video. [email protected]. John

#1893 3 years ago

LOL I’m stealing that one.

Kit or individual, whichever way you go I highly recommend adding the EnerGI Maestro and LEDOCD boards. Emulating the ramp up/down of inconsistents and eliminating the flasher relay click makes a huge difference.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

LOL I’m stealing that one.
Kit or individual, whichever way you go I highly recommend adding the EnerGI Maestro and LEDOCD boards. Emulating the ramp up/down of inconsistents and eliminating the flasher relay click makes a huge difference.

Damn “autocorrect”

#1895 3 years ago

I Joined the club a few weeks ago, Been Looking for a good one for 4 years. My game came with a Pinsound board, All the mixes are great so far. But I decided to make my own sound mix, The thing I like about pinsound is the ability to use multiple sounds for modes and switches. I Tried to use all the good GNR songs and where I could, multiple song and sound selections. Ball 1 is always welcome to the jungle, ball 2 and 3 could be any one of about 15 songs, Sound effects, ball drains, Modes and game ending are all multiple song and sound edits. So every game you will never hear the same songs. I am not charging money for this as I think that is ridiculous, But if you want to donate to pinside please do so. The ( boot.wav ) file goes in the "audio" folder.
Enjoy
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19NiUMQxXk4xsfc_S2y8XeOstIHir4H_E/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAdyOVyuHdA5w1igUU3AVXIo71Po5p9o/view?usp=sharing

#1896 3 years ago

Run a business card through the switch contacts.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Run a business card through the switch contacts.

I believe I did that first when I first noticed the issue, at the button contacts, but will try again.

Of course I used the last of my DE coil stops rebuilding the Baywatch I got last year, so I'll be ordering a couple in a few days, while I compile a list of other doo-dads I need to justify the shipping. The coil stop in the third flipper DOES have a large dish in in, so this could be the issue.

While investigating, I found a minor "hack" on the flipper board that I had never noticed before: The fuse clip that held the RIGHT flipper low power hold fuse in was cracked and the fuse was being held in place by a piece of wood wedged between an adjacent fuse to keep contact. Since the clips are junk anyways, I soldered the fuse to the remaining tabs, and there is good continuity. I actually have replacement clips, but will save that for a rainy day soon after I get the new stops. If after replacing the coil stops and sleeve, and there's still an issue, I'll repair the clips to factory in case there is an issue with the soldered fuse...getting close!

#1898 3 years ago

My gnr didn’t have a knocker in it when I got it. I just put one in. It works in test. But not when I would expect during the game-match or replay. I’m new to data East games. Am I missing something in settings?

Added over 4 years ago:

Figured this out. Short answer is the knocker is not very loud.

#1899 3 years ago

I know this has been discussed before. But for anyone having magnet problems, this worked for me....my game was blowing the middle magnet fuse. I replaced the magnet board with the homepin board from pinball life. The F9 fuse blew during the first game without blowing any of the magnet fuses. I added the capacitor that comes with the board and now all is good.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I know this has been discussed before. But for anyone having magnet problems, this worked for me....my game was blowing the middle magnet fuse. I replaced the magnet board with the homepin board from pinball life. The F9 fuse blew during the first game without blowing any of the magnet fuses. I added the capacitor that comes with the board and now all is good.

I did the same with the Homepin & capacitor. Worked for a little bit then blew fuses. Turns out 2 of the 3 magnets were no good. Replaced them with the ones from pinball life. All good now. Found that if your mags are reading less than 4 ohms they are shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 78.50
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/38?hl=jrotten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.