(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 51.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, what Pinsound mix is the best out there? Thank you!!

Well mine of course

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/topic/363-gnr-modern-audio-pack/

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunner:

Color DMD for GnR - LED or LCD opinions wanted. I’m going to purchase one this week and wasn’t sure which to go with.

LCD. With LCD you also get the option to have the LED feel.

#1803 3 years ago

I have been considering a GnR pin for awhile now and I just wanted to get a bit of info from owners. First thing on my mind is doesn't the music get old? I am a huge GnR fan (bummed the tour just got cancelled) and am worried I may actually get tired of the same songs I love and grew up with. I'm sure that goes with all band pinballs of course. I figure it wouldn't be so bad in a multi-pin collection, but I can only afford and have space for one pin. Also, with rumors of a new GnR machine coming, I see a more and more GnR machines for sale. I wonder if the prices will eventually come down more? Thanks for your thoughts and advice!!

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I have been considering a GnR pin for awhile now and I just wanted to get a bit of info from owners. First thing on my mind is doesn't the music get old? I am a huge GnR fan (bummed the tour just got cancelled) and am worried I may actually get tired of the same songs I love and grew up with. I'm sure that goes with all band pinballs of course. I figure it wouldn't be so bad in a multi-pin collection, but I can only afford and have space for one pin. Also, with rumors of a new GnR machine coming, I see a more and more GnR machines for sale. I wonder if the prices will eventually come down more? Thanks for your thoughts and advice!!

I consider my GnR to be a timeless piece of art. I think even with a new game coming out (if it happens), the demand for the older GnR will not decline much. The new game will likely be very expensive and I have heard a lot of current GnR owners will end up owning both. You can look at remakes of other games. I don't think the demand for the older version has really gone down much. A lot of collectors like the older games as well because they are easier to fix. If you want to mix up the music, you can always add the Pinsound card.

#1805 3 years ago

Any obvious issues with the right side flipper mech? Having issues with a very slow motion and weak right flipper. Thanks for the help!

GnR Flipper 1 (resized).jpgGnR Flipper 1 (resized).jpgGnR Flipper 2 (resized).jpgGnR Flipper 2 (resized).jpgGnR Flipper 3 (resized).jpgGnR Flipper 3 (resized).jpg
#1806 3 years ago

It's probably a silly question, but have you pulled the coil sleeve and cleaned or replaced it? Wiped down the plunger shaft, and inspected for mushrooming and cleaned the linkage mechs? Checked the coil stop for cracks, and not being completely hammered? Tightened everything up?

My left flipper started getting really weak in the middle of a monster game the other day, and upon inspection, the sleeve and plunger were COVERED in coil dust. A quick wipe down of all the components with rubbing alcohol, and a tightening of all the screws and it was back up an running like new.

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I don't predict any appreciable depreciation. If anything, prices will go up as interest in GnR pins increases; the remake will likely be quite expensive and they just didn't make a lot of the originals. And many of those in great shape that have survived, like mine, are in the hands of folks who have no plans to sell. Regardless, if you can buy a GnR now that is to your liking for a reasonable price, go for it. I don't think you are risking much, if anything. I've owned a few dozen machines over the years - only buying popular games I really enjoyed and usually keeping them for 5-10 years. I have never had a problem selling any of them for more than the reasonable price I paid at the time.

#1808 3 years ago

I love my GNR Pinball. I never tire of it. Its a classic. I preserve mine by playing GnR on virtual pinball.. I still play the real one now and then. Pinhead76 you could try playing the virtual pinball version of GnR on your computer . Then you could get a idea how awesome it is.. I have a pinball cabinet I play virtual pinball on.. Gnr rocks on the virtual too. I thought Jersey Jack was putting out a GnR . I havent seen anything on it. Or has it gotten scrapped? So GNR cancelled their tour? I have tickets for the show in August. It hasn't been canceled in my area

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any obvious issues with the right side flipper mech? Having issues with a very slow motion and weak right flipper. Thanks for the help!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Um, why do you have +50volt tungsten point contacts?
I thought Data East GnR game has solid state flippers.
If your game has solid state flippers, then, you should have solid state
flipper cabinet contacts.
Try this,
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5048-01

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Try this,

Thanks for the suggestion. The left flippers work really well.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Try this,

EOS ?

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

You will LOVE it. Grab one while you can. I just sold mine as I needed to raise cash fast to secure my spot for my ultimate grail game....super difficult to see it go but I needed to. I will be looking to find another one as circumstances allow - regardless of the JJP game. The DE game is just special in so many ways. It is of its time in a very special way that keeps it relevant to the era during which the music and the band was in its hayday. The artwork is raw and again just feels perfect for the theme. THe black cabinet is beautiful and needs nothing. Love the minimalist cabinet art. I have had a lot of games and this is the one I really with I didn't have to sell.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

. I thought Jersey Jack was putting out a GnR . I havent seen anything on it. Or has it gotten scrapped? So GNR cancelled their tour? I have tickets for the show in August. It hasn't been canceled in my area

JJP GnR will be released later in the year. GnR tour has been postponed (rescheduled, not canceled) in Europe and US. New dates have not been announced.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the suggestion. The left flippers work really well.

When I seen them I thought they looked over kill for switches

#1815 3 years ago

Dallas_pin thanks for the info.. have you seen any pics of the JJP GnR?? If the machine is awesome as DE GnR. I will buy one. Yep I also got a email that the concert was postponed and to save the tickets.

#1816 3 years ago

Anyone have a problem with the magnets getting hot. Have a new home pin board installed. Haven't checked fuses today but they used to blow with old board. Was working fine with new board, today it seems like they were & stopped possibly. The board I installed was Homepin.

#1817 3 years ago

Update, 2 of the 3 fuses are blown.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Update, 2 of the 3 fuses are blown.

Try adding the component to the board that is with the board instructions and report back. Last resort talks about relocating board which would be a PITA. Hope it works out.

#1819 3 years ago

Was having an issue with the round silver coil that holds the ball before being ejected to the top of the play field. The silver coil sits above a yellow sensor and as the ball lands in the hole, the yellow sensor is activated (sorry for my lack of technical terminology). Does the silver coil not have anything to keep it in place in terms of a screw, etc. or is it just the metal edge that keeps it in place? I was able to get it working again but I am concerned it may come loose again as nothing seems to be keeping it in place. Thanks for the help!

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Try this,

Thanks for the help. It ended up being a simple EOS issue. Thanks for all the help and advice.

#1821 3 years ago

Finally finished my GnR restoration!

Guns n' Roses is one of my favourite bands since I was a kid, so when I found a GnR pin some years ago, it was a really great gift to the child that I was. I made this restoration with care and without haste. I would like to share with you some videos and pictures, and also I want to thank other owners who posted on this thread and gave me inspiration on some mods.

Hope you like it!

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Guns n' Roses is one of my favourite bands since I was a kid, so when I found a GnR pin some years ago, it was a really great gift to the child that I was. I made this restoration with care and without haste. I would like to share with you some videos and pictures, and also I want to thank other owners who posted on this thread and gave me inspiration on some mods.
Hope you like it!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Where did you get the topper? I like the idea of lighting up the ramps. Took me years to realize the ramps were in the shape of "GR". Colordmd would be a nice addition. Thanks.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks great. Where did you get the topper? I like the idea of lighting up the ramps. Took me years to realize the ramps were in the shape of "GR". Colordmd would be a nice addition. Thanks.

Some years ago I found a guy on eBay who was selling a basic version of the topper, that was the GnR Logo with changing colors and the blood. I modified it to add the Welcome to the Jungle sign and lights with color effects. The WTTJ sign is the original plastic from the playfield, and now, to cover the hole of the plastic, I have glued a real guitar pick of Slash, that I could get at the last concert they played in Barcelona

I will add a colored DMD, but I'm waiting for pinballsp to finish his DMDMK66 that will beat colordmd and pin2dmd.

( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way )

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the help. It ended up being a simple EOS issue. Thanks for all the help and advice.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Some years ago I found a guy on eBay who was selling a basic version of the topper, that was the GnR Logo with changing colors and the blood. I modified it to add the Welcome to the Jungle sign and lights with color effects. The WTTJ sign is the original plastic from the playfield, and now, to cover the hole of the plastic, I have glued a real guitar pick of Slash, that I could get at the last concert they played in Barcelona
I will add a colored DMD, but I'm waiting for pinballsp to finish his DMDMK66 that will beat colordmd and pin2dmd.
( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way )

Thanks, too bad those toppers are not available anymore. Never heard of pinballsp.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Hope you like it!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the cards you have, template?

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

You won't tire of them. I approach this game like a classic car, it doesn't need to be improved on. I'm glad people have put their time and money into customizing the game, but I'm still a fan of 'stock never goes out of style.' It's not perfect, but nearly so! Trying to improve on the best of 1994 just doesn't interest me

As to the music, its becomes so integral to the game play itself you begin to associate different sounds and songs with certain modes and accomplishments (Paradise city jackpot). Yes, It could have been nice to have more songs or more various melodies for different functions, but short of programming that, I don't tire of the music, and I listen to a lot of GnR elsewhere.

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

I love the cards you have, template?

I bought them to the user Mikonos

#1829 3 years ago

Hi everybody!

Yes, I´m author of these custom pinball cards.

These cards of "sonambulo" user are printed, like all of my customized cards, in a very special way which is difficult to see through videos or photos, are printed in chrome vinyl or light metallic vinyl with an extra glossy protective lamination. Theremore, all my cards are stickers too, but only if you want.

You can see designing details here and, if you check the whole thread, you will see photos of them is several printed materials:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60863513#entry434542125

Note: Sorry about some photos, are not good as I want because reflective materials are difficult to photo.

This chrome vinyl:
Chrome Vinyl. Mikonos.jpgChrome Vinyl. Mikonos.jpg

...and this is light metallic vinyl:
Light Metallic Vinyl. Mikonos.jpgLight Metallic Vinyl. Mikonos.jpg

Thanks for your interest and thanks to "sonambulo" user to trust in my fan work and recommend it!

Greetings

#1830 3 years ago

Would like to know if any GnR owners have any scans of their playfield or playfield parts. Willing to pay for any good scans you have. I dont own a scanner or know the process to scan. Wanting the scans for a virtual pinball project . Thanks

#1831 3 years ago

Who here is planning on Purchasing the new GNR machine from JJP? If you are planning on purchasing, what would you like to see? I’d love to see Slash outside of a toy Church haha

#1832 3 years ago

I plan on getting the JJP GnR . All depends
How awesome it will be. I have yet to see a teaser pic from JJ. I own a bally kiss and really wasn't impressed with the stern version. The gene head was poorly designed only good thing was it had a song list of music. And a DmD. Has anyone seen any pics of the JJ GnR? Hopefully JJ GnR will be great with Slash piloting production.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

How awesome it will be. I have yet to see a teaser pic from JJ. I own a bally kiss and really wasn't impressed with the stern version. The gene head was poorly designed only good thing was it had a song list of music. And a DmD. Has anyone seen any pics of the JJ GnR? Hopefully JJ GnR will be great with Slash piloting production.

I have to have everything GNR so if JJ do one then I’ll have to get it. I kinda hope they don’t as my back pocket will hate me!

#1834 3 years ago

I will absolutely be buying it and can't wait to get it. Have no reason to believe it isn't going to rock. I keep trying to get them to take a deposit from me, but they won't do anything before the official announcement. I do have to admit, though, that a big part of the rationale is that GnR is my wife's favorite band and after flying half way around the world to see them from the front row (and her desire to keep doing that), the pin may actually wind up saving me money.

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

I wonder if it will be all business and game play or any satire from the band over the years...

Imagine an Axl scoop that launches randomly late..
Or the Axl sung Thunderstruck Jackpot,
Pitman being thrown out of the band drop targets,
A new Gilby motorcycle feature, but he breaks his leg at the end, or Duff on an endurance bike
Duff's super hot wife....

#1836 3 years ago

I have a strange issue, not sure if its been covered yet, maybe someone can help me? For example, say im playing a 4 ball multiball, somehow one ball gets kicked into the shooter lane vuk and sits there, not registering in the trough. so after I drain 3 out of the 4 balls, the machine still thinks 2 balls are in play. After draining the final ball the game keeps going thinking a ball is still in play. Then it goes into a stuck ball search kicking all the coils until it shoots out the ball in the vuk for the shooter lane. Its seems as if the ball is somehow bypassing the "stop" in the trough and then registers as being in play.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from cysnake:

I have a strange issue, not sure if its been covered yet, maybe someone can help me? For example, say im playing a 4 ball multiball, somehow one ball gets kicked into the shooter lane vuk and sits there, not registering in the trough. so after I drain 3 out of the 4 balls, the machine still thinks 2 balls are in play. After draining the final ball the game keeps going thinking a ball is still in play. Then it goes into a stuck ball search kicking all the coils until it shoots out the ball in the vuk for the shooter lane. Its seems as if the ball is somehow bypassing the "stop" in the trough and then registers as being in play.

Had the same issue on a GNR, apparently common to DE machines - bad “ball launch” switch (the one for the solenoid that kicks the ball into the shooter lane.)

See these two threads - and thanks again to NPO for the detailed deep dive:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#1838 3 years ago

Does anyone sell an alternative to the black portion of the gun handle? Or even new versions of the original black?

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone sell an alternative to the black portion of the gun handle? Or even new versions of the original black?

Nope, but you can modify Ruger Blackhawk grips to fit (and there are plenty of aftermarket grips) or have a pair custom made (this is what I did.)

See the GNR Mod thread for a bunch of examples: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-mods

#1840 3 years ago

Not sure what happened but i just noticed that my game no longer displays the match feature at the end of the game. Any idea why / how th
at would happen? I verified that it is set on the Modesty Option.

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from Fm09138:

Not sure what happened but i just noticed that my game no longer displays the match feature at the end of the game. Any idea why / how th
at would happen? I verified that it is set on the Modesty Option.

Tournament settings turned on?

I switch around settings every few months to keep it fresh (extra balls off/on with the different settings) and I think IFPA/Tournament modes turn off the animation, but it's been a little while...

1 week later
#1842 3 years ago

Does anybody know how to take off the gun grips and install new ones? I unscrewed the one screw in the handle and the grips aren’t moving? Thank you.

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know how to take off the gun grips and install new ones? I unscrewed the one screw in the handle and the grips aren’t moving? Thank you.

If it's like usual mounting, there should be nuts attached to bolts on the gun plates inside the cabinet holding it on.

#1844 3 years ago

I thought I could change the gun grips without taking the entire gun assembly off? Like on the shadow gun grips. No?

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I thought I could change the gun grips without taking the entire gun assembly off? Like on the shadow gun grips. No?

Looking at the schematic, it looks like there are two screws for the gun grips.

#1846 3 years ago

There is one screw in the grip and one in the gun. I’m guessing you can’t take the grips off without taking the entire gun housing a part, but I’m not sure? I’d rather not take everything a part if I don’t have to. Thanks for your help my friend.

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

There is one screw in the grip and one in the gun. I’m guessing you can’t take the grips off without taking the entire gun housing a part, but I’m not sure? I’d rather not take everything a part if I don’t have to. Thanks for your help my friend.

I’m pretty certain you have to take the entire gun assembly off and then it splits in held with the removal of a couple of screws

#1848 3 years ago

One screw for the grips. They will pop off. May have to pry a little. Easy Peasy.

#1849 3 years ago

Last night, I noticed the upper left flipper wasn't as "snappy" as it usually is, and my left flipper has lost some power as well. I did a quick clean of the associated mechs, and left it at that, but to no avail. I haven't began looking at anything else yet, but where should I start? I was going to check the eos at the lower bat, and maybe do the old crisp dollar bill trick across the button switch contacts...

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Last night, I noticed the upper left flipper wasn't as "snappy" as it usually is, and my left flipper has lost some power as well. I did a quick clean of the associated mechs, and left it at that, but to no avail. I haven't began looking at anything else yet, but where should I start? I was going to check the eos at the lower bat, and maybe do the old crisp dollar bill trick across the button switch contacts...

Check the coil stops for wear (or if they're broken). Very quick to check and if they're bad will make a difference you notice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/37?hl=player-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.