(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 51.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

If u had axl sign it.. I would give u $500 for it .
Did Slash sign it? My bad saw the pic with Slash

I've had Axl sign the one that's in my own machine. Had the world not gone awry I would likely have had him sign my 2 extras this summer this one being one of them.

#1752 3 years ago

I will likely be ordering this as I feel any board upgrade is a better way to go but what are the specific benefits to this board over the original just for my own FYI? Clearly the big heat sink has been removed as well...

#1753 3 years ago

Dr. Mark that's cool you have Axl signature too.. just curious in the pic with Slash signing. It appears he has a red or orange marker. But his autograph is in black on the translite. Just wondering.

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Dr. Mark that's cool you have Axl signature too.. just curious in the pic with Slash signing. It appears he has a red or orange marker. But his autograph is in black on the translite. Just wondering.

I have 3 total translites, 1 is in my machine which is the full set. The other one is in red and the other in black. I was hoping to find another one to do a fluorescent green as I've done with my Alice Cooper and KISS (for Eric Singer autograph) since the black and the red versions get a bit harder to see when machine is turned off. I've found the white paint pen as on my Tron looks pretty good too.
20141114_004352 (resized).jpg20141114_004352 (resized).jpg20160125_222804 (resized).jpg20160125_222804 (resized).jpg

20150915_184124 (resized).jpg20150915_184124 (resized).jpg20160212_184904 (resized).jpg20160212_184904 (resized).jpg20191130_184255 (resized).jpg20191130_184255 (resized).jpg20191130_184242 (resized).jpg20191130_184242 (resized).jpg20191130_174456 (resized).jpg20191130_174456 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1575167434266 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1575167434266 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563820437393 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563820437393 (resized).jpgCER00869-X5 (resized).jpgCER00869-X5 (resized).jpg20190719_193700 (resized).jpg20190719_193700 (resized).jpg
#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have 3 total translites, 1 is in my machine which is the full set. The other one is in red and the other in black. I was hoping to find another one to do a fluorescent green as I've done with my Alice Cooper and KISS (for Eric Singer autograph) since the black and the red versions get a bit harder to see when machine is turned off. I've found the white paint pen as on my Tron looks pretty good too.

Man, you're a master getting translites signed! healthy envy

#1756 3 years ago

Wow that's Awesome! Can you post pics of your other GnR translite Slash signed in Red please

#1757 3 years ago

don’t have the game but had to share this here. slash and what i assume is the DE team with the game

1846B194-1FD4-4621-8617-6FBE4E4CDCBE (resized).jpeg1846B194-1FD4-4621-8617-6FBE4E4CDCBE (resized).jpeg
#1758 3 years ago

That’s a fun pic I haven’t seen before.

Thanks for sharing.

#1759 3 years ago

Does anybody have any suggestions on GNR Pinsound+ remixes? It looks like there are 4 custom mixes on the Pinsound website. Thank you!!

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody have any suggestions on GNR Pinsound+ remixes? It looks like there are 4 custom mixes on the Pinsound website. Thank you!!

You know you can put them all on one USB and just change from one to the other by lowering the volume to zero and back again? That way you can see which one you like or change it up when you get bored. Just a thought.

Also, I highly recommend a USB extension cord for around $10 so you can easily change the USB through the coil door. Especially if you have a ColorDMD and have to lower the DMD panel every time you want to access the Pinsound card.

#1761 3 years ago

I did pin sound & it's just awesome & you don't lose original game soundtracks. Let's see some GNR resto pics, not many here on this thread so it can give others ideas on it. Just a thought. J

1 week later
#1762 3 years ago

Goofy question here everyone.

Is there a trick to getting the side rails off of GnR? I only see 2 screws, I removed them but it doesn't want to come off.

I feel like its going to rip wood or paint/art if I force it. Am I missing something?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1763 3 years ago

Putty knife & blow dryer, my game has the 2 screws & double stick tape. Just go really slow with the heat, a little at a time. Also run a piece of painters tape tight under rail along cabinet to protect artwork. John

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Putty knife & blow dryer, my game has the 2 screws & double stick tape. Just go really slow with the heat, a little at a time. Also run a piece of painters tape tight under rail along cabinet to protect artwork. John

That is what it feels like. Why would there be double-sided tape there?

#1765 3 years ago

The tape usually holds rail tight to the body. Every time I leaned on my game to work on it I heard a noise, it was the rail coming loose & trying to stick again. Guess the glue gave way & dried out. My Earthshaker rails also have double stick tape. Just the way they were done but have seen games without it also. Patience when doing this task is key. J

#1766 3 years ago

The screws are front & back with nothing to hold the rail tight in the middle over that length. So tape is why. J

#1767 3 years ago

Why are you taking them off? Just curious.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Why are you taking them off? Just curious.

Because I have a new stern set from batman66. They appear to be a perfect match. I was going to replace them.

#1769 3 years ago

That's cool, what about color. Will it match the lockdown bar I guess

#1770 3 years ago

They are all black

#1771 3 years ago

Nice! I just spent 2-1/2 re-doing my GNR. So pretty much everything is new now. Got to know the game pretty well. Is your game in good shape?

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Nice! I just spent 2-1/2 re-doing my GNR. So pretty much everything is new now. Got to know the game pretty well. Is your game in good shape?

Best One I’ve ever seen.

I was going To add a set of hand wear protectors as well. The clear mylar style.

#1773 3 years ago

I did black mirror blades, awesome look, near the bottom of page 34 on this thread are some pics of my game.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I did black mirror blades, awesome look, near the bottom of page 34 on this thread are some pics of my game.

Looks awesome! Nice job on that.

#1775 3 years ago

Thanks, Got lucky on the new ramps. All the posts were shot & replaced. While I had G ramp out I did the Duff decals & black captive ball. Are those Mylar protectors for the hands any good? Don't think I'd want to stick them to the artwork though unless removable.

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Is there a trick to getting the side rails off of GnR? I only see 2 screws, I removed them but it doesn't want to come off.
I feel like its going to rip wood or paint/art if I force it. Am I missing something?
[quoted image]

I just did my GNR rails all I did was tape just below the rails and use a sharp knife and cut under the rail bit by bit and will come off then use goof off too get the rest off

#1777 3 years ago

Goo-gone for the glue. Not goof off.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Goo-gone for the glue. Not goof off.

That's right sorry about that lol

#1779 3 years ago

Yes the hand wear protectors and easy on, easy off.

For the record:
The stern batman66 rails are NOT a perfect fit. About 1/4” too long, and maybe 1/16th-1/8th of an inch too short on how they hang down the side of the cab. I didn’t change them. Just installed the hand wear protectors.

#1780 3 years ago

Shame they didn't fit, I think a guy in Europe had custom GNR rails made. I think page 35 or so. Pretty cool looking.

#1781 3 years ago

Page 34 on the rails.

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Shame they didn't fit, I think a guy in Europe had custom GNR rails made. I think page 35 or so. Pretty cool looking.

That was me and I’m in Australia not Europe
About to start my restore and have them powder coated black. They are raw steel at the moment

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

[quoted image]

you will rip the wood off if not careful. go slow with heat gun and putty knife.

#1784 3 years ago

Can someone help me out? These two wires broke off the flipper switch. One is blue and one is brown. I just need to know where each one needs to re-attach. Thank you!!

2239EAAC-89FB-43AF-998D-397F170D290C (resized).jpeg2239EAAC-89FB-43AF-998D-397F170D290C (resized).jpeg8B942F1F-28BE-4C15-B19C-77C1AAE04B49 (resized).jpeg8B942F1F-28BE-4C15-B19C-77C1AAE04B49 (resized).jpeg
#1785 3 years ago

Problem solved! Thanks Pinside!!

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can someone help me out? These two wires broke off the flipper switch. One is blue and one is brown. I just need to know where each one needs to re-attach. Thank you!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would think it would be the same as the other switch right beside the one that broke off looks like the same wires too ?

#1787 3 years ago

Does anyone have an extra plastic they would sell like the one circled in the picture? It’s the long one next to the shooter lane. Thank you.

754A6523-B337-41DD-AAD8-960CB783ABE7 (resized).jpeg754A6523-B337-41DD-AAD8-960CB783ABE7 (resized).jpeg
#1788 3 years ago

Hard find bro. Not many individual ones out there.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I would think it would be the same as the other switch right beside the one that broke off looks like the same wires too ?

I would make the wires a tad longer.

1 week later
#1790 3 years ago

I recently joined the club. It was pretty clear that this machine needs better speakers and a pinsound card. After getting those, I wasn't impressed by current soundpacks. So I decided to create my own.

If someone is interested to try it out, it can be found here (currently pending approval):
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/topic/363-gnr-modern-audio-pack/

In the mean time it can be downloaded here (until approved in the forum):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5oLidUj5awOnPc68wMjApD5ezqI-G2u/view?usp=sharing

Added over 4 years ago:

I recently joined the club. It was pretty clear that this machine needs better speakers and a pinsound card. After getting those, I wasn't impressed by current soundpacks. So I decided to create my own.

If someone is interested to try it out, it can be found here:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/topic/363-gnr-modern-audio-pack/

#1791 3 years ago

Pinsound is a perfect upgrade for this game.
I have messed around with the downloads available from the pinsound community with some of my additions to the mix.The noise levels can be inconsistent at times. i used the GNR_TITOF_V3 file as a framework to create my own mix with some changes.I added an La guns and a Faster Pussycat track to the multiball mode for a bit of change and it rocks along very nicely.
How many owners are looking forward to CPR remaking the playfield for this awesome game.?

#1792 3 years ago

Also did pinsound in my GNR, pretty awesome. When I contacted CPR about a playfield it didn't sound promising but may be in the loop. The CPR fields I've used have dimpled pretty badly, their clear seems to soft even after cured. So I would buy one anyway & send it to Kruzman for a re-do. His work is awesome & to have one of his cleared fields in a GNR would be great. I think it would be a great seller for a great game.

#1793 3 years ago

Hey, everyone. Just acquired a HUO GNR pin, topper and all! Literally drove across the country to pick it up. Been looking for a while and finally found what I was looking for. Anyway, I was originally planning the pinsound upgrade - but, in my opinion, the original sound is really good for a pinball machine. Does the upgrade really make that much of a difference? Thanks!

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

Does the upgrade really make that much of a difference?

Yes

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

Hey, everyone. Just acquired a HUO GNR pin, topper and all! Literally drove across the country to pick it up. Been looking for a while and finally found what I was looking for. Anyway, I was originally planning the pinsound upgrade - but, in my opinion, the original sound is really good for a pinball machine. Does the upgrade really make that much of a difference? Thanks!

I got tired of the ultra lo-fi midi version of the Welcome to The Jungle in 2 days. Gameplay track list is not that impressive to begin with.
1st I replaced the stock speakers with 4" coaxial car speakers (around 30$). Huge improvement.
Then I installed pinsound and now it sounds like a modern music pin with proper gameplay tracklist.

I also removed a lot of those cartoonish data east SFX.

#1796 3 years ago

If you plan to order a Pinsound card, make sure you get the Data East extra cable at the same time. Or you may find the sound breaks up.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If you plan to order a Pinsound card, make sure you get the Data East extra cable at the same time. Or you may find the sound breaks up.

Could you specify please? I got the 1st version and just moved the cables from the original sound card. So far no issues.

#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Could you specify please? I got the 1st version and just moved the cables from the original sound card. So far no issues.

I think this issue is common with GnR. Here is the details from their site. I would spend the $25US extra to make sure it doesn't cause any power issues with the game. I had the sound cut out on my GnR with multi ball mainly.

This harness accessory is mandatory if your Data-East pinball machine has a weak +12V sound board power. You can check the 12V on the soundboard (CN2 or CN4 connector: 12V / GND) with a digital multimeter in voltmeter mode. This harness provides a steady power supply from the power board to your PinSound board: no more sound cut while playing of flipping!

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1

#1799 3 years ago

Color DMD for GnR - LED or LCD opinions wanted. I’m going to purchase one this week and wasn’t sure which to go with.

#1800 3 years ago

So, what Pinsound mix is the best out there? Thank you!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/36?hl=shepp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.