(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 51.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Correction. I thought you had fuses blowing on your magnet board and not the power driver board. Sorry.

Yeah, the fuse is blowing on the PPB board in the backbox. It's the fuse for the flippers and some of the 50v coils. Thanks for your help anyway. I appreciate the response.

#1552 4 years ago

Anybody interested in backbox only decals? A friend of mine is selling them

ebay.com link: 0

#1553 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the magnets in the menu, or do I have to physically disconnect the magnet board? I want to see if the fuse will still blow during multiball without the magnets being active.

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody interested in backbox only decals? A friend of mine is selling them
ebay.com link

Will he ship too Ontario ?

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Will he ship too Ontario ?

Yup

#1556 4 years ago

Ok are u selling them for him or he is ?

Thanks, bud

#1557 4 years ago

Ok are u selling them for him or he is ?
Thanks, bud

She is selling them, not me. You can hit her up on the Ebay link

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

She is selling them, not me. You can hit her up on the Ebay link

Ok thanks for the help bud ,happy flipping

#1559 4 years ago

Ok thanks for the help bud ,happy flipping

You can ship them to my PO box in Niagara Falls NY. Going there is a couple weeks to pick up a game.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can ship them to my PO box in Niagara Falls NY. Going there is a couple weeks to pick up a game.

Thanks bud ,just seeing if I need them first thanks again

#1561 4 years ago

Hi everyone I am reinstalling ground wire inside of GNR ,I would like too know if the ground wire goes up though too the backbox ? Any help would be great

#1562 4 years ago

Hi everyone I am reinstalling ground wire inside of GNR ,I would like too know if the ground wire goes up though too the backbox ? Any help would be great

The cabinet ground braid? I don't believe so. It runs up the back of the inside of the cabinet and connects to the bottom half of the backbox-to-cabinet lock mechanism. In the backbox, another segment connects the top half of that mechanism to the backplate to which the PCBs are mounted.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The cabinet ground braid? I don't believe so. It runs up the back of the inside of the cabinet and connects to the bottom half of the backbox-to-cabinet lock mechanism. In the backbox, another segment connects the top half of that mechanism to the backplate to which the PCBs are mounted.

Thanks so much for the help I thought it was that way thanks again happy flipping bud

#1564 4 years ago

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
It works in GNR.

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Guys, interest check about next batch of ball trough opto board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-#post-5306124
It works in GNR.

I was jealous of this one since I first saw it. Make sure to check this out.

#1566 4 years ago

Hello GnR's Fans...

I'd like to replace the black plastic grips, on the shooter pistol. I'm not sure if these would work from Ruger, or maybe Colt?

I like them both, however, I won’t purchase either without knowing they’d fit.

The New Vaquero was introduced by Ruger as a similar gun to the Vaquero/Blackhawk family.
Rosewood https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/newvaquero/

Ivory type: ebay.com link: New Model Vaquero Scroll Checkered Brown For Ruger Frames NICE

Any help / thoughts?
Thank You!
Kerry Richard

#1567 4 years ago

Buy them with your money and let us know. Then I might get them

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello GnR's Fans...
I'd like to replace the black plastic grips, on the shooter pistol. I'm not sure if these would work from Ruger, or maybe Colt?
I like them both, however, I won’t purchase either without knowing they’d fit.
The New Vaquero was introduced by Ruger as a similar gun to the Vaquero/Blackhawk family.
Rosewood https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/newvaquero/
Ivory type: ebay.com link » New Model Vaquero Scroll Checkered Brown For Ruger Frames Nice
Any help / thoughts?
Thank You!
Kerry Richard

According to that first site you linked: "The grips for the New Vaquero are not interchangeable with the Blackhawk/Vaquero or Super Blackhawk." and "While very similar, the grip frame is slightly smaller and shaped more like the original Single Action."

The GNR frame apparently most closely matches the Blackhawk frame, and GNR owners that have used Blackhawk grips mention needing to trim them slightly, so if the New Vaquero is indeed slightly smaller then it seems you'd be looking at trimming the New Vaquero grips down even more. Maybe send them a scan/trace of the original grips to get their thoughts. I ended up having to send my originals to the guy that made my replacement grips.

#1569 4 years ago

@Blackjacker... Good info. I think I'll trace and send the grips to them, to see what style matches better.

Thank you!
Kerry

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

According to that first site you linked: "The grips for the New Vaquero are not interchangeable with the Blackhawk/Vaquero or Super Blackhawk." and "While very similar, the grip frame is slightly smaller and shaped more like the original Single Action."
The GNR frame apparently most closely matches the Blackhawk frame, and GNR owners that have used Blackhawk grips mention needing to trim them slightly, so if the New Vaquero is indeed slightly smaller then it seems you'd be looking at trimming the New Vaquero grips down even more. Maybe send them a scan/trace of the original grips to get their thoughts. I ended up having to send my originals to the guy that made my replacement grips.

yep - what he said, I used Ruger Blackhawk grips and had to slightly modifiy them

#1571 4 years ago

Man I’m scared making my gun look to real because LAPD are boneheads and I could see myself getting shot for playing pinball with my front door open

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Man I’m scared making my gun look to real because LAPD are boneheads and I could see myself getting shot for playing pinball with my front door open

Gotta watch out for that fake weaponry. Yesterday the Las Vegas City Council passed a bill banning display/carry of replica and toy firearms in the downtown Freemont East district... while open carry of actual firearms in the district remains legal.

Kerry_Richard - keep us posted on what you find out, and of course show us your grips if you do them. Such a cool addition to a cool machine.

#1573 4 years ago

So guess I won’t be playing Indiana Jones or GNR downtown Fremont

#1574 4 years ago

Shadow either, lol.

A sad commentary on the state of firearms these days...I had to pay a fee, to take a class, to pay another fee to the fbi and my local police station, so I could pay another fee to get a temp permit, so I could pay a fee to get a hard permit from the state police, so that I have to pay a fee to renew every 5 years to have the "right" to buy or carry a pistol concealed (and now just to purchase or even posses a long gun or any ammo at all). Imagine if they did that to any other constitutional right? Imagine the uproar if you needed a permit to vote?

Death by a thousand cuts and all that...Eventually people either just say "F#ck it!" and give up on firearm ownership (which I'm sure is the plan), quit caring about whatever bullshit law is passed next, or...

#1575 4 years ago

Not me. I’m in Cali but this state seems to forget the greatest Military assets are located and train here aka my dad who is a Camp Pendleton Marine. If they keep it up, I will make my Indy & GNR Guns Fire real bullets cuz I can.

Ok, back now back to pinball.

Did I mention Williams Indiana Jones is the greatest pinball game ever made? Fuck MM, this game smashes that Barbie castle to pieces

1 week later
#1576 4 years ago

Did anybody sign up for the CPR “might make” pre-order playfield?

https://classicplayfields.com/preorders/

My PF is in pretty good condition but this game is a keeper

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did anybody sign up for the CPR “might make” pre-order playfield?
https://classicplayfields.com/preorders/
My PF is in pretty good condition but this game is a keeper

Yes sir!

#1578 4 years ago

Did you have to pay up front?

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you have to pay up front?

No...and even when the time comes that they make it and you are not longer interested, you can withdraw.

#1580 4 years ago

Hi everyone , I am working on a GNR and in the bottom Cab the knocker was missing in my and there's two wires that go too it ,I got a new unit now and wanted too know where the two wires go too and which one goes on which lead ,thanks for any help ,or if anyone can take a pic of it that would be great

Thanks again
Happy flipping

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No...and even when the time comes that they make it and you are not longer interested, you can withdraw.

Good to know, guess I should get on the list

#1582 4 years ago

Can anyone take a up close pic of the knocker ,I am working on a GNR that was missing it and need too know where the two wires go on it ,thanks for any help with this

#1583 4 years ago

I've been having an issue lately where the game fails to recognize when the multiball is over. When the second to last ball drains, it still thinks there is more than one ball in play. All the trough switches appear to be working properly, and I have not encountered any issues during single ball play. I took out the balls to see if they are perhaps magnetized, but they don't appear to be. Could the trough itself be magnetized? Any other ideas?

#1584 4 years ago

Can anyone take a up close pic of the knocker ,I am working on a GNR that was missing it and need too know where the two wires go on it ,thanks for any help with this

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/13#post-3341484

#1585 4 years ago

Yes brown wire on the left hand +side diode with stripe power side right

Thanks so much bud

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've been having an issue lately where the game fails to recognize when the multiball is over. When the second to last ball drains, it still thinks there is more than one ball in play. All the trough switches appear to be working properly, and I have not encountered any issues during single ball play. I took out the balls to see if they are perhaps magnetized, but they don't appear to be. Could the trough itself be magnetized? Any other ideas?

Had same issue. It's the switch for the solenoid that kicks the ball into the shooter lane. See:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#1587 4 years ago

Thanks! That is most likely what's going on with my game. I will check out that switch when I have a chance and report back.

#1588 4 years ago

Update:

Once I knew to look at that switch, I found the problem right away. One of the screws fell out, so the switch had some give. Unfortunately, I can't find the screw anywhere and I don't have one on hand. Does anyone know what size that tiny screw is? I'm hoping I can grab one at the local hardware store?

Switch #1 (resized).jpgSwitch #1 (resized).jpgSwitch #2 (resized).jpgSwitch #2 (resized).jpg
#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Update:
Once I knew to look at that switch, I found the problem right away. One of the screws fell out, so the switch had some give. Unfortunately, I can't find the screw anywhere and I don't have one on hand. Does anyone know what size that tiny screw is? I'm hoping I can grab one at the local hardware store?[quoted image][quoted image]

#4-40 PPH x 0.62

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

#4-40 PPH x 0.62

Thanks!

What is "PPH"? Phillips Pan Head?

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks!
What is "PPH"? Phillips Pan Head?

Exactly. You can find this part in the manual.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4004-01003-10

#1592 4 years ago

I popped over to the hardware store and grabbed a new screw. You were correct. It was a 4-40 machine screw. They didn't have .62 length, so I used a 3/4 instead. The game is working great. Thanks again for all your help!

#1593 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the color conversion is complete now for PIN2DMD? Thanks.

#1594 4 years ago

Was wondering if any GnR owner members have any Scans of Plastics or playfield parts such as Ramps etc.. for a GnR virtual pinball project. Iam a owner of GnR also but dont have the know how to get scans . Iam looking to have a high quality GnR virtual pinball table to play and to preserve my GnR machine to new from being played little. Anyone does let me know what you want for them. Thanks appreciate your help

#1595 4 years ago

Just purchased a GNR. Delivery scheduled for next Tuesday 12/10/19. Woot!

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Iam looking to have a high quality GnR virtual pinball table to play and to preserve my GnR machine to new from being played little.

Man, play the real deal, that's what it's built for! Put in a PinSound, upgrade the audio and rock that shit!

But if you do need a virtual version, aren't there are a couple already available?

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from NCTarwheel:

Welcome too the club rock that baby

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Man, play the real deal, that's what it's built for! Put in a PinSound, upgrade the audio and rock that shit!
But if you do need a virtual version, aren't there are a couple already available?

Thanks Blackjacker . There is a few versions out but needs some added work. Beings that Gnr is a low production machine. Theres not alot of resources from the original game out there for virtual pinball table builders to use. So alot of it is images. Hoping to get actual scans of the playfield parts. I do rock a few games on my original time to time but wanna keep it the beauty it is..

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

I do rock a few games on my original time to time but wanna keep it the beauty it is..

I don't understand this mindset. It's not a museum piece. It's designed to be played. Mine is fully restored and I play the crap out of it!

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from NCTarwheel:

I have waiting since October lol. Almost here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/32?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.