(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 51.
#1501 4 years ago

I like the red rails, planning to do mine, but still torn between red, green or something away from the main colours.

#1502 4 years ago

They did a nice job on the topper.

54E0E2EF-A895-4074-B78F-42FA10E50A9F (resized).jpeg54E0E2EF-A895-4074-B78F-42FA10E50A9F (resized).jpeg
#1503 4 years ago

Mezel mods has it for sale $175. They took over laseriffic operations. Kind of pricey.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mezel mods has it for sale $175. They took over laseriffic operations.

I think Cointaker actually took them over, Mezel is just a reseller. That's actually cheap these days for a topper.

#1505 4 years ago

Hi everyone where did u get the doormats of GNR

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi everyone where did u get the doormats of GNR

ebay.com link: str

#1507 4 years ago

I own and love this game. Just found a OG topper. I’ll post pics soon.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I think Cointaker actually took them over, Mezel is just a reseller. That's actually cheap these days for a topper.

You are correct.

#1509 4 years ago

Thanks bud happy flipping

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I like the red rails, planning to do mine, but still torn between red, green or something away from the main colours.

I’ve got gloss black powder coated rails, lockdown bar, coin door and legs and it really adds a nice touch. I wasn’t interested in color trim i think it takes away from the vibrant colored playfield.

#1511 4 years ago

Got my CPR backglass yesterday, looks amazing!!! Colors seem richer and the mirror effect, while subtle, is a really nice touch!! Really happy with it!

#1512 4 years ago

CPR Backglass ...

BF3CD6AA-E9F5-450B-8BEC-526173C7040E (resized).jpegBF3CD6AA-E9F5-450B-8BEC-526173C7040E (resized).jpeg
#1513 4 years ago

I just installed mirror blades in mine yesterday. I think they look fantastic in this game!

GnR 1 (resized).jpgGnR 1 (resized).jpgGnR 2 (resized).jpgGnR 2 (resized).jpgGnR 3 (resized).jpgGnR 3 (resized).jpg
#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’ve got gloss black powder coated rails, lockdown bar, coin door and legs and it really adds a nice touch. I wasn’t interested in color trim i think it takes away from the vibrant colored playfield.

yup, black trim on a black machine always looks great. wise choice.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just installed mirror blades in mine yesterday.

Where did you get them? And ... you have a ColorDMD in Baywatch, but not GnR?? Priorities sir! lol

#1516 4 years ago

Yeah the ColorDMD while is an improvement on most machines, it’s a major improvement on GNR. Indiana Jones is questionable and same with TOTAN. But GNR really matches the color of the cabinet when you add the colordmd

#1517 4 years ago

If anybody needs a stock translite pm me. Also have the glass.

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Where did you get them?

At the suggestion of someone else in this thread, I purchased them from Pinball Decals ...

https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

And ... you have a ColorDMD in Baywatch, but not GnR?? Priorities sir!

Due to the expense, I don't have ColorDMDs in all my games, but Baywatch was a no-brainer. The larger, high resolution display looks incredible in color. I do think I'm probably going to add one to my GnR, though. The game is now in collector quality condition, so it's just begging for it.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Where did you get them? And ... you have a ColorDMD in Baywatch, but not GnR?? Priorities sir! lol

I happen to have both GNR and BW; I would absolutely take color in BW over GNR, its stunning how beautiful it is, especially with the big screen...it's the most drastic improvement I've seen out of all the colorized games, especially with BW's digitally rendered graphics. It's "almost" LCD like. GNR DOES look great in color, but not even in the same league as BW, in my probably unpopular opinion, haha.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

At the suggestion of someone else in this thread, I purchased them from Pinball Decals ...
https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

Where is this company from? They have no contact info except email..

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Where is this company from?

Georgia (the U.S. one), if memory serves.

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Georgia (the U.S. one), if memory serves.

That's correct. I believe he's not too far from Atlanta.

#1523 4 years ago

I've noticed on GNR that the sides are so tight that I haven't considered mirror blades... Was it a tight fit?
I'm considering a color DMD for this game but was wondering if anyone has any gameplay examples of what it looks like in action.

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've noticed on GNR that the sides are so tight that I haven't considered mirror blades... Was it a tight fit?
I'm considering a color DMD for this game but was wondering if anyone has any gameplay examples of what it looks like in action.

I have the color dmd it's fantastic

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

As I mentioned previously I’m on my second set of pinblades and it doesn’t take much to damage them by lifting and lowering the playfield - wondered the same thing about mirrored myself

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

As I mentioned previously I’m on my second set of pinblades and it doesn’t take much to damage them by lifting and lowering the playfield - wondered the same thing about mirrored myself

Order these, I use them on all my games even art blades. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

#1528 4 years ago

After installing a Pinsound board in my game, I downloaded one of the custom mixes off Pinsound's site and put the entire .zip file on a usb drive. I then stuck the drive in the Pinsound board and turned the game on. I soon heard a message that said "converting audio". After about 20 minutes or so, a second message said "10% complete". Is it supposed to take this long, and will it take this long every time I reboot the game? I can't deny that I'm kind of digging the music it's playing while converting the file, but this seems like an excessive wait. Since this is my first experience with a Pinsound board, I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong.

Thanks!

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After installing a Pinsound board in my game, I downloaded one of the custom mixes off Pinsound's site and put the entire .zip file on a usb drive. I then stuck the drive in the Pinsound board and turned the game on. I soon heard a message that said "converting audio". After about 20 minutes or so, a second message said "10% complete". Is it supposed to take this long, and will it take this long every time I reboot the game? I can't deny that I'm kind of digging the music it's playing while converting the file, but this seems like an excessive wait. Since this is my first experience with a Pinsound board, I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
Thanks!

yes unfortunately the first time you convert the files it takes quite a while - i think mine was initially 2-3 hours but after the first time its not an issue anymore, - I believe there is a quicker way by doing the conversion directly from your computer but i don't remember exactly or if I am imagining it. Keep in mind I was extremely frustrated with pinsound when i first got mine to the point i was gonna give up and sell it but I eventually got a much better understanding of how to add and change custom sound files and think its pretty awesome!

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

yes unfortunately the first time you convert the files it takes quite a while - i think mine was 2-3 hours but after the first time its not an issue anymore - I believe there is a quicker way but i don't remember exactly what it is. I was extremely frustrated with pinsound when i first got mine but now that i've got a much better understand of how to add and change sound files, it's pretty awesome. Just remember to be patient =)

Thanks for the info!

I just hit 40%, so I guess I still have a lot more waiting to do.

#1531 4 years ago

What Mix is everyone using? The one I have is really shitty as far as loudness and compression as the original sounds are quiet and the new ones are loud and not quality?

I've noticed this in general on PinSound uploads, very few are taking the time to pull all the audio files out and balance them before re-packaging them.

Maybe I need to do this, because im its gonna drive me nuts if the play keeps going up and down

#1532 4 years ago

Ok, the 2016 GNR mix is the garbage one. I tried out GNR_1.0_BERSERIK MIX (Mixed JULIEN42 V1.25 and V1.40).zip and its 100% better in sound quality and volume leveling

#1533 4 years ago

does anyone have both color DMD and pinsound? Not sure if I will need to do anything with the power supply if I add color, I have pinsound and LEDs now and don't want to stress the power supply?

#1534 4 years ago

Ive got both, they work fine. They will come with a split cable you can use for either or

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ive got both, they work fine. They will come with a split cable you can use for either or

sorry what comes with a split cable?

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

does anyone have both color DMD and pinsound? Not sure if I will need to do anything with the power supply if I add color, I have pinsound and LEDs now and don't want to stress the power supply?

Make sure you get the power booster cable from Pinsound as well. Never issues w Pinsound and color dmd. I think the LED actually draws less power.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

sorry what comes with a split cable?

Both ColorDMD & Pinsound have a custom power split cable so you can connect both. The Data East you have to buy power booster separate which to me is required as the sound will cut out if you dont

#1538 4 years ago

Was wondering if anyone has any scans of any playfield parts. Iam in search of scans of parts for a virtual pinball project. I own the machine but have it in storage for the winter and also dont know how to scan parts. Iam looking for the G and R ramp and Spotlights. Anyone interested in sharing . Just let me know what you like for them . Thanks appreciate it

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

What Mix is everyone using? The one I have is really shitty as far as loudness and compression as the original sounds are quiet and the new ones are loud and not quality?

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, the 2016 GNR mix is the garbage one. I tried out GNR_1.0_BERSERIK MIX (Mixed JULIEN42 V1.25 and V1.40).zip and its 100% better in sound quality and volume leveling

I just tried out both of those mixes, and I agree that the overall sound quality is MUCH better on the BERSERIK MIX. The only thing I don't like about it is that the game over music is VERY long. It literally goes for about a minute and thirty five seconds. That just seems crazy long. IMHO, it should start to fade out after 20 seconds or so. I'm wondering how difficult it is to load that mix into the Pinsound software and tweak the length of that particular sound clip.

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just tried out both of those mixes, and I agree that the overall sound quality is MUCH better on the BERSERIK MIX. The only thing I don't like about it is that the game over music is VERY long. It literally goes for about a minute and thirty five seconds. That just seems crazy long. IMHO, it should start to fade out after 20 seconds or so. I'm wondering how difficult it is to load that mix into the Pinsound software and tweak the length of that particular sound clip.

Its not difficult at all, just make sure its balanced with the other tracks - and HQ of course. I'm going to change out some of the stuff as well, I like it overall but everyone has a particular song selection/taste. I would be curious though what everyone's top 10, 20 ranked GNR tracks are. Maybe I should start another thread or poll. I have to say though, im quite tired of hearing Welcome To The Jungle. Maybe need a different lead track, one that I cant stand over an over. I kind of like the rolling intro to You Could Be Mine

#1541 4 years ago

These GNR mirrored backglass versions look awesome! However for any pinball purists who may not be aware, these do not retain the factory stock look 100%. For example the gold lettering outline is replaced with a mirror finish, the mirror acts as a light block. A friend of mine noticed it. Was gonna order one but not sure now if I will. Just wanted to let you all know what he noticed. Maybe it's no big deal..

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

These GNR mirrored backglass versions look awesome! However for any pinball purists who may not be aware, these do not retain the factory stock look 100%. For example the gold lettering outline is replaced with a mirror finish, the mirror acts as a light block. A friend of mine noticed it. Was gonna order one but not sure now if I will. Just wanted to let you all know what he noticed. Maybe it's no big deal..

It looks awesome. Here is a side by side.

EC4CA85B-9875-40E3-8663-63622CC46758 (resized).jpegEC4CA85B-9875-40E3-8663-63622CC46758 (resized).jpeg
#1543 4 years ago

GNFR CPR backglass is sweet!!!

1EF5B41D-C0E5-4073-8D9A-7E3D548AAC12 (resized).jpeg1EF5B41D-C0E5-4073-8D9A-7E3D548AAC12 (resized).jpeg
#1544 4 years ago

The backglass looks amazing. It should have been done this way from the factory. sure the gold outline on the letters is now mirror but in what world is that a negative? It adds such a nice touch to an already amazing machine.

#1545 4 years ago

Is there any interest in a reproduction of the original GNR topper?

I don't own the game; but Pinball.Center has sent me a couple of emails about interest here in the states. I guess he gets asked every month or two about shipping to the usa - which he doesn't. A direct link is here:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/guns-n-roses/9366/topper-for-guns-n-roses
Repo GNR topperRepo GNR topper

and I'd be willing to add some to my group buy ending on the 31st. If there is any interest; please PM me or reply to the group buy thread.

2 weeks later
#1546 4 years ago

I was just having a great game and the F5 fuse on the PPB board blew. This happened right in the middle of multiball with a lot of coils firing and the magnets active. This is the first time it has happened to me on my game. I replaced the fuse and everything is working again. Was this just a fluke that I shouldn't worry about for now, or is it a possible sign that one of the components on one of the boards needs to be replaced?

#1547 4 years ago

Well, it just happened again, so I guess that answers my question about whether or not it was simply a fluke. So I guess I need to figure out what 's causing this. Perhaps a bad transistor?

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Well, it just happened again, so I guess that answers my question about whether or not it was simply a fluke. So I guess I need to figure out what 's causing this. Perhaps a bad transistor?

Had same problem. Homepin magnet board fixed the problem. Had to add a component to the their board . Check out their website. They talk about solutions. First the board , then adding a component to the board if still have issues , lastly if needed moving the board to a different location. Check them out.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1549 4 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1550 4 years ago

Correction. I thought you had fuses blowing on your magnet board and not the power driver board. Sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/31?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.