(Topic ID: 57299)

GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,524 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 376 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GnR 3 (resized).jpg
GnR 2 (resized).jpg
GnR 1 (resized).jpg
BF3CD6AA-E9F5-450B-8BEC-526173C7040E (resized).jpeg
54E0E2EF-A895-4074-B78F-42FA10E50A9F (resized).jpeg
BA8ACC6D-AB0C-46E1-9F31-210804EE98CE (resized).jpeg
9B2F2C70-01ED-436C-A860-A649C4DA1810 (resized).jpeg
AEF6D37C-3E71-4E60-8D27-D1754F4B281B (resized).jpeg
C5B0DEB4-FCED-4115-8927-7123EBADEDCC (resized).jpeg
D7F8CF22-EB1B-4F4A-91E6-F224495003FD (resized).jpeg
3CCF5D29-ED77-496D-BB8A-22DE6406D45A (resized).jpeg
DB413727-BD19-4858-AE74-D4E34C85E647 (resized).png
7E49F79A-210C-4A49-938A-C7E1D96747D1 (resized).jpeg
A8622D24-2846-452B-8891-2B94E8DC87E9 (resized).jpeg
20180729_185547 (resized).jpg
20190514_164419 (resized).jpg

There are 1524 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 5 years ago

Right on! Lamdarras. I seen the topless
versions for sale awhile back. That Awesome
Misfitdart . was the machine in really great condition?
never know maybe Slash played a few games
on it.. i know this isnt G N R related but
sure hope Stern would put out a Rockin KISS
pinball.. the band deserves a kickass machine
compared to bally. I own one. boring gameplay
but nice artwork for its time..

#102 5 years ago

I wish one of the songs on this pin would have been Double Talking Jive. image.jpg

#103 5 years ago

We need to rally Simone up to get into the code and change the Ain't going down song! It's he only thing I don't dig about the game!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

We need to rally Simone up to get into the code and change the Ain't going down song! It's he only thing I don't dig about the game!

No way. The game is the only place you can find the song. Keep it in.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

There are plenty of things I'd love to see revised in or added to GNR's code, but like dsuperbee I'd leave Ain't Goin' Down in.

For a 'cosmetic' only change, I'd like to see the order in which you get the band members on stage changed. Having Axl get on stage last (or sometimes not all) would seem to be a no-brainer.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

There are plenty of things I'd love to see revised in or added to GNR's code, but like dsuperbee I'd leave Ain't Goin' Down in.
For a 'cosmetic' only change, I'd like to see the order in which you get the band members on stage changed. Having Axl get on stage last (or sometimes not all) would seem to be a no-brainer.

A new 'Axl threw a fit so no show' tonight multiball would be awesome.

Problem is there is already a 'riot' mode.....

#107 5 years ago

Know of any gnr's for sale so I can become a member?

3 weeks later
#108 5 years ago

Got the GNR from MN-Flipper and Hemi is currently work on a set of mods for the game. He's creating a custom mounting bracket to put Slash right in the middle of the G ramp (I think he looks awesome there!) Can't wait to see what else Hemi comes up with for this game!

GNR.jpg

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Got the GNR from MN-Flipper and Hemi is currently work on a set of mods for the game. He's creating a custom mounting bracket to put Slash right in the middle of the G ramp (I think he looks awesome there!) Can't wait to see what else Hemi comes up with for this game!
GNR.jpg 0

You already got this from Hemi ??? I am excited for all you owners of this AMAZING pin - HEMI will come up with amazing mods for this already amazing games. I can't wait to see the light shows he creates. I was happy to have my prior game be used for this.. Congrats guys

#110 5 years ago

I am lucky enough to be in this club. I bought these metal roses online after having the wireforms powder coated to match the game.

IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1652.JPG
1 week later
#111 5 years ago

image-432.jpgimage.jpg

I made these red slingshot protectors so they don't mute out the sling color but you still can have a sweet red edge!!

2 weeks later
#113 5 years ago

Hi GnR club members,
finally my GnR is ready for play (after cleaning, converting to LEDs, putting the PinBits backboard sign in etc.) and I have played the first 40 or 50 games, but now I have a stupid question:
I find it very hard to even get to the first replay level, which is at 900 million on my machine. To be perfectly honest, I´ve never made it beyond 700 million.....
I´m certainly not the greatest pinball player in the world but on my other pins I´m at least able to get a replay every now and then. So I´d be interested to hear from you wether I´m just playing this pin very poorly or wether it´s really that hard to beat that first level.
Herbert

#114 5 years ago

I had my first billion point game last night, and I have owned the game for 6 months. I definitely miss a lot of scoring opportunities when I play. I was on the last mode before Riot when I finished the game last night. I am not a great player at all, but this game seems to be brutal at times. I can hit the axl hole almost every time the ball touches the flipper...unless I am in axl 3 ball. With the magnets on, I have only managed to get in there once ever. lol

#115 5 years ago

I've owned 4 G&R's thru out the past 12 years. Upgrading since the first purchase. I had the one with factory headphone speaker jack (volume up/down) on the front lower right corner. Actually, when I first saw the game for sale... I couldn't believe someone cut into the cabinet and installed it. Only to learn later, it was fairly rare with approx 100 made. I sold it for a nicer one.

My current G&R has all black rails. I actually owned 2 at the same time, and swapped the black rails into my keeper game. I prefer the look much better all black. I had a small issue the ball occasionally not making it all the way up shooter ramp. That was solved by reducing the coil wrap wire.

I added an internal amp, upgraded both back box & base speakers. This game ROCKS! I've added a few Pinbits items too. I do really like the wooden gun handle... maybe a little Christmas gift for myself.

#116 5 years ago

I bought mine 3 years ago new year's eve. I made a 9 hour round trip to get it in nonworking condition. After some work, cleaning, LEDs and the slash figure, it's been running great ever since. Mine actually has the rev 3 ball launch which is different, but you never have to worry about the ball not making it up to the top. Maybe someday I will do speaker upgrades.

1 week later
#117 5 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

Mine actually has the rev 3 ball launch which is different, but you never have to worry about the ball not making it up to the top.

please explain.

#118 5 years ago

Speaker kit is a must on this machine. It is sooo much better.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

please explain.

It launches the ball into the habitrail instead of dropping it above the pop bumpers. The upkicker is a horseshoe that puts the ball above the right lane

100_1688-350.JPG

#120 5 years ago

Oh wow. Never knew that existed. Interesting. Was this a change that was made after the issues with the ball launch was discovered?

Where does the shooter lane ramp drop in.

chris

#121 5 years ago

A new member joining in! I got my GnR a few weeks back and have been playing it a lot these days (and nights). The shooter lane switch leaf was broken when I got the game, but everything still worked fine. Except for when starting a ball with gilby rolls guitar feature. When the ride was over, I had to wait 'til the game went into ball search and launched the ball into play. If I pulled the trigger, it would only lock the feature instead of launching the ball. I changed the switch thinking it would fix the issue, but it still remains.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Otherways my game is pretty fine. I added McFarlane Slash with his Marshalls, stripped, cleaned and waxed the playfield, put new balls in, fixed one crispy GI connector and did some other minor stuff. I think I will be holding on to this one for a long time...it might even be a keeper

#122 5 years ago

Welcome to the club!

#123 5 years ago

Welcome to the Jungle!
DSCN2179.JPG

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

A new member joining in! I got my GnR a few weeks back and have been playing it a lot these days (and nights). The shooter lane switch leaf was broken when I got the game, but everything still worked fine. Except for when starting a ball with gilby rolls guitar feature. When the ride was over, I had to wait 'til the game went into ball search and launched the ball into play. If I pulled the trigger, it would only lock the feature instead of launching the ball. I changed the switch thinking it would fix the issue, but it still remains.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Otherways my game is pretty fine. I added McFarlane Slash with his Marshalls, stripped, cleaned and waxed the playfield, put new balls in, fixed one crispy GI connector and did some other minor stuff. I think I will be holding on to this one for a long time...it might even be a keeper

Your switch underneath the guitar feature is flakey. It will need to be replaced.

I need to get a couple of flakey sockets fixed in mine, and see what caused the magnets to blow their fuses last week.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Your switch underneath the guitar feature is flakey. It will need to be replaced.

Nope, guitar feature switch works just fine, the problem is when I start a new ball with guitar feature Gilby rolls. After the ride is done and the ball still sits on the shooter lane, it will not launch until the ball search.

#126 5 years ago

I f'n love GnR the band (Even the modern lineup) & the pin I think is Data East's best but the audio quality coming from the BSMT2000 was a deal breaker for me. When I had my machine I just lamented that it didn't have higher quality audio.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

Nope, guitar feature switch works just fine, the problem is when I start a new ball with guitar feature Gilby rolls. After the ride is done and the ball still sits on the shooter lane, it will not launch until the ball search.

Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant it was in the start feature area. I would check the switch in the shooter lane then. It shouldn't have to wait until a ball search happens

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would check the switch in the shooter lane then. It shouldn't have to wait until a ball search happens

I changed the whole switch since the old one was broken. Shooter lane switch gets recognized in the switch test just fine, but still makes me wait for ball search after Gilby is done with his ride. All the other switches work fine too, so I suppose all is well with the switch matrix. Im outta ideas

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

I changed the whole switch since the old one was broken. Shooter lane switch gets recognized in the switch test just fine, but still makes me wait for ball search after Gilby is done with his ride. All the other switches work fine too, so I suppose all is well with the switch matrix. Im outta ideas

Very strange. Never had this issue on mine. Maybe there is an issue with the ROMs.

#130 5 years ago

Problem solved...it was the shooter lane switch after all. It was missing the ball most of the times. Readjusted now and everything works as a charm

#131 5 years ago

Does anyone think the Macfarlane 6.5" slash mod is too tall in their machine? I'm looking into getting a slash mod and didn't want to have a figure that looked disproportionate on the pf. Thanks.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Does anyone think the Macfarlane 6.5" slash mod is too tall in their machine? I'm looking into getting a slash mod and didn't want to have a figure that looked disproportionate on the pf. Thanks.

The pinball machine is technically not 'to scale' for any toy that goes in there.

I would say it is your machine, go ahead and do it if you want!

#133 5 years ago

Thanks. Just didn't want slash to look like Godzilla. Maybe a 4" figure would be better? Any opinions with your machines or others would be greatly appreciated.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Oh wow. Never knew that existed. Interesting. Was this a change that was made after the issues with the ball launch was discovered?
Where does the shooter lane ramp drop in.
chris

It drops the ball into the upper right orbit which allows it to continue across the top, through the left orbit towards the upper flipper. Much faster than the original dumping it into the pops. You definately have to be ready when multiball starts.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

It drops the ball into the upper right orbit which allows it to continue across the top, through the left orbit towards the upper flipper. Much faster than the original dumping it into the pops. You definately have to be ready when multiball starts.

Yeah I like it. I now hate my GNR.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

That´s interesting. I have the same shooter ramp, but there´s a one way gate at the end of the left orbit, which keeps the ball from going all around like you describe it.
On the other hand there´s no such gate at the end of the right orbit, so a shot up the left orbit goes all around and doesn´t end up in the bumpers.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

That´s interesting. I have the same shooter ramp, but there´s a one way gate at the end of the left orbit, which keeps the ball from going all around like you describe it.
On the other hand there´s no such gate at the end of the right orbit, so a shot up the left orbit goes all around and doesn´t end up in the bumpers.

The one way gate should be on the right side, not on the left. I am guessing it was moved since the inner loop gate can sometimes get stuck on the outer loop gate, causing issues.

#138 5 years ago

I'm in. I have two GNR's lol. One has black nickel rails, lockbar and legs - thanks Mike Chestnut.

#139 5 years ago

I got a Few alt-trans in the mail 2-weeks ago .. I sold my GNR and Creech , Darn Shame ..

Alt Trans ,, 2 002.JPG

3 weeks later
#140 5 years ago

Hey GNR fans…any advice on the following topic would be appreciated…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-coil-is-stronger-gnr-launch-problem

Thanks!

#141 5 years ago

Finished up some lighting mods to my GNR yesterday. If you like to play in the dark, you might consider this simple/cheap upgrade…makes a huge difference imho. These pics were taken in a pitch black room with no flash.

- Just added 2 Pinballbulbs double spots to the left/right slings.
- Moved the "stock" double spot on the right side to the middle of the pin (to the right of the axl scoop).
- Raised the "stock" double spot on the left side with a 1" hex spacer so it could illuminate the G-ramp better.

IMG_8654.jpg IMG_8645.JPG IMG_8652.jpg
#142 5 years ago

That is a definite improvement. That is really exactly what mine needs now. I have LEDs and and LED OCD to smooth out the lights, but it is still really hard to see a lot of areas.

#143 5 years ago

Probably a silly question, but how many balls should the GNR pinball have for active gameplay (not counting the DUFF ball)? Mine has 5 but I've read that it should have 6.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Probably a silly question, but how many balls should the GNR pinball have for active gameplay (not counting the DUFF ball)? Mine has 5 but I've read that it should have 6.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

6 balls, one for each band member. 7 total in the game including the captive duff ball.

Funny, my gnr doesn't look anywhere near as dark as yours does pre spot light additions. I've always considered it one of my brighter games (especially when compared to the hs right next to it)

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Funny, my gnr doesn't look anywhere near as dark as yours does pre spot light additions. I've always considered it one of my brighter games (especially when compared to the hs right next to it)

Possibly someone prior to you added some lighting enhancements? Mine was fairly dark when I got it ... but then Steve (Hemi) at Pinball Refinery worked his magic and now it's lit up nicer than a Christmas tree.

#147 5 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone can help me locate the specs for the screws for Guns N' Roses pinball that secure the Axl scoop plastic down. One of my 2 screws fell somewhere while I was doing some mods and I cannot find it! I would like to match the screws so need the identical screw or 2 new ones but was wondering if anyone can refer to a parts company that would carry this. I checked in the manual but the screws are not detailed (only posts). Thanks in advance!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Possibly someone prior to you added some lighting enhancements? Mine was fairly dark when I got it ... but then Steve (Hemi) at Pinball Refinery worked his magic and now it's lit up nicer than a Christmas tree.

Nope, no mods were placed until I got it. Will take a pic later on and post.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me locate the specs for the screws for Guns N' Roses pinball that secure the Axl scoop plastic down. One of my 2 screws fell somewhere while I was doing some mods and I cannot find it! I would like to match the screws so need the identical screw or 2 new ones but was wondering if anyone can refer to a parts company that would carry this. I checked in the manual but the screws are not detailed (only posts). Thanks in advance!

Just go to a local hardware store. They will have em!

#150 5 years ago

Just had my Guns N Roses backglass explodes into thousands of pieces sponataneously! The translate was not attached as I just had Matt Sorum autograph it recently.
Can anyone send me the dimensions of the backglass? and would people recommend going plastic/plexi material vs. glass?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
There are 1524 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside