(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 51.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Just installed the booster. Works great. Been looking for a solution to sound breaking up for years.. thought x pin power board would solve it and did not. Thanks!!!

Good news. I have one on the way.

1 week later
#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Just installed the booster. Works great. Been looking for a solution to sound breaking up for years.. thought x pin power board would solve it and did not. Thanks!!!

Glad it solved your problem. For $20, it is worth it for any Pinsound users. Have you tried my Black Sabbath orchesration yet?

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Glad it solved your problem. For $20, it is worth it for any Pinsound users. Have you tried my Black Sabbath orchesration yet?

I have not.

#1404 4 years ago

Update on machine gun flipper issue and upper left flipper being out. Was a couple loose wires on the right side connector to the flipper board. Replaced the connector and works perfect now. If anyone experiences this issue. Thanks for the advice.

#1405 4 years ago

FYI: The GNR mirrored back glass are now available from CPR. Ordered one this am...

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

FYI: The GNR mirrored back glass are now available from CPR. Ordered one this am...

nice!

I'm sure photo wont even compare to real life but if you get an opportunity and are able to please post a before and after pic

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

nice!
I'm sure photo wont even compare to real life but if you get an opportunity and are able to please post a before and after pic

yup, heard they don't let light through like the old glass ones did.

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

nice!

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yup, heard they don't let light through like the old glass ones did.

1. Will do
2. The colors are "deeper", I have a couple others from them (HS 2, SOF, Pinbot), but the lines are very good and the color tones quite vivid. Using cool white leds seems to work well.

#1409 4 years ago

Can someone post a link for this mirrored backglass?

#1410 4 years ago
#1411 4 years ago

Question. How can I stop the ball flying off the g ramp? It’s a new ramp and put it on and lots of air balls coming off of it. I know it’s steep. But ugh. Maybe because I didn’t put the glass on it. Also shooter. 3 out of 10 will not complete the ramp to the pops! Any suggestions.

#1413 4 years ago

Just looked on site, now not listed. Those went fast

#1414 4 years ago

Hmm, I got a refund too. Now the BG isn’t listed. Wonder what happened?

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Question. How can I stop the ball flying off the g ramp? It’s a new ramp and put it on and lots of air balls coming off of it. I know it’s steep. But ugh. Maybe because I didn’t put the glass on it. Also shooter. 3 out of 10 will not complete the ramp to the pops! Any suggestions.

My new ramp does this as well. I just went and bought some polycarbonate/plastic today.
I am going to build a partial “lid” to go onto the ramp. I could probably make 2. I will report back after I get a chance to make them.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Not anymore .... shit!

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

They sent me a message that they did not pull listing down fast enough when stock was depleted.

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Maybe this is a sign JJP owns the license now and a new machine is coming out aka cease and desist. Of course I believe aliens are chillin with Biggie & Tupac in Area 51

#1419 4 years ago

Damn.
I was really looking forward to getting one of those.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

From my refund email:
9247E81D-2B20-47A6-AA0A-E7B7678697A7.jpeg9247E81D-2B20-47A6-AA0A-E7B7678697A7.jpeg

#1421 4 years ago

Well, whoever gets theirs installed, light it up and post it

#1422 4 years ago

So much fun, good enough for #21 on Pindigo

CE3F92F1-1629-4A06-81CE-9266D188E946 (resized).jpegCE3F92F1-1629-4A06-81CE-9266D188E946 (resized).jpeg
#1423 4 years ago

I've found that playing for modes (and actually playing the lucrative ones and not timing everything out) leads to generally higher scoring games than the super pops/multiball all day strat.

A clean backhand to the add bandmember/guitar feature shot is SOOOO satisfying.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I've found that playing for modes (and actually playing the lucrative ones and not timing everything out) leads to generally higher scoring games than the super pops/multiball all day strat.

I only got RIOT once before after I learned that backhand was even possible. Borg has used this exact angle before in Star Wars which made me try it in the first place

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Playing for modes is key... what other game out there can you lock and even shoot for an Extra ball on the first hit of ball one.

I usually pick add band member to start but lock the EB with the shooter while its bouncing around the pops. This guarantees you can get it on ball 2, if you haven't hit a guitar feature yet. Back handing into more band members is very strategic. Dont forget to pay attention to completing the JAM lights as often as possible. This is a nice supplemental bonus to the Encore ball save, it give you one more free launch to the Jam lights.

It's those little techniques that make scores really multiply up

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Quoted from TronGuy:

My new ramp does this as well. I just went and bought some polycarbonate/plastic today.
I am going to build a partial “lid” to go onto the ramp. I could probably make 2. I will report back after I get a chance to make them.

Well I will start by saying I bought a "factory second" ramp at a lower price. There were no more G ramps for sale, so I was happy to get anything after shattering my ramp.

I spent around an hour today cutting a piece and testing it as a lid to the G ramp to stop air balls. Without the lid the air balls are 100% with my right flipper. The left flipper just runs through the ramp as it should.

NO LUCK unfortunately. No matter where I position my "lid" on the ramp, the ball is attempting to be an air ball and loses too much steam when it hits the lid. I tried 250 times and never got a ball to travel through the G ramp with either flipper.

This is a $2 investment and a mickey mouse attempt at a fix. (though it did look good).

I may try to build something that isn't flush with the ramp so the ball doesn't get slowed down by the lid. Maybe recessed off of the ramp a couple of inches, but in a position that forces the ball into traveling through the ramp, vs up into the snake spin.

Oh and I still haven't figured out how to get my slash door to open and close yet. haha. I just can't get the ramps in a reasonable position .

I'm almost over it and going to list t his thing.

#1427 4 years ago

I had a plastic to test with and works like a charm. Used to airball everytime now it never does. Try it. I added spacers to lift the cover off the ramp sobit does not slow the ball at all.

68653F53-5EF9-43D8-BA82-F56A60B64354 (resized).jpeg68653F53-5EF9-43D8-BA82-F56A60B64354 (resized).jpeg77CDE7B9-AE46-4F9A-A7D9-95BF35214AC2 (resized).jpeg77CDE7B9-AE46-4F9A-A7D9-95BF35214AC2 (resized).jpeg
#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I had a plastic to test with and works like a charm. Used to airball everytime now it never does. Try it. I added spacers to lift the cover off the ramp sobit does not slow the ball at all.

I tried with a small plastic but still had mixed results so ended up making the one below! It works well though.

20190907_123508 (resized).jpg20190907_123508 (resized).jpg

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I tried with a small plastic but still had mixed results so ended up making the one below! It works well though.
[quoted image]

I like yours better. Make me one. Lol

#1430 4 years ago

Never seen an air ball on my GnR.

#1431 4 years ago

It's crazy that you're getting G ramp airballs consistently enough to need ramp covers, given that one of the early "issues" with GNR was that the G ramp is so steep that balls couldn't consistently make it up the ramp (stronger replacement flipper coils are even sold for the game) - and you're experiencing exactly the opposite effect.

I'd check the pitch of your machines, as well as make sure the flap-to-playfield transition is smooth and not initiating an airball there.

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It's crazy that you're getting G ramp airballs consistently enough to need ramp covers, given that one of the early "issues" with GNR was that the G ramp is so steep that balls couldn't consistently make it up the ramp (stronger replacement flipper coils are even sold for the game) - and you're experiencing exactly the opposite effect.
I'd check the pitch of your machines, as well as make sure the flap-to-playfield transition is smooth and not initiating an airball there.

The new g ramp is what we are having the air balls with. I changed 2 on both my G&Rs and same issues.

#1433 4 years ago

Are they Freeplay40 ramps?

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

The new g ramp is what we are having the air balls with. I changed 2 on both my G&Rs and same issues.

I understand that. They (theoretically) shouldn't be any steeper (or less steep) than the original ramps. That's why I mentioned the pitch of your machine, and the flap-to-playfield transition.

#1435 4 years ago

I was browsing ebay and saw this if anyone is interested. Expensive but hard to come by.

ebay.com link: Guns N Roses Original Pinball Machine TOPPER DATA EAST

#1436 4 years ago

I emailed about that backglass. They are coming, just accidentally put up on the site too early. No drama or problems.

Who else wants one? That is going to look cool!

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I was browsing ebay and saw this if anyone is interested. Expensive but hard to come by.
ebay.com link » Guns N Roses Original Pinball Machine Topper Data East

I have an unused one that came with my game, sitting in the box.

I dont understand the allure. They are flimsy. Oh well just a commodity piece, glad there is a demand if I ever need to cash in

#1438 4 years ago

Yeah the only legit stock topper is Whitewater. I would pay 20 bucks for this

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Who else wants one? That is going to look cool!

I’m in! Glad it was a mistake

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

I have an unused one that came with my game, sitting in the box.
I dont understand the allure. They are flimsy. Oh well just a commodity piece, glad there is a demand if I ever need to cash in

Sold mine awhile ago. I know they are rare but very flimsy like you said. Laseriffic made a much improved lit one that I use.

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

I dont understand the allure. They are flimsy. Oh well just a commodity piece, glad there is a demand if I ever need to cash in.

I think it's crazy what people are paying for them. I have a restored collector quality GnR that I've dumped a lot of money into, and even still I would never even consider paying over $400 for that crappy topper.

#1442 4 years ago

I'm thinking about adding some mirror blades to my GnR. Does anyone else have them, and if so, how do you like them on this game? Also, where's the best place to buy mirror blades these days?

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm thinking about adding some mirror blades to my GnR. Does anyone else have them, and if so, how do you like them on this game? Also, where's the best place to buy mirror blades these days?

My game came with side blades. They are constantly getting damaged from lowering back the playfield. Something to consider if this is a common issue with GnR.

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

My game came with side blades. They are constantly getting damaged from lowering back the playfield. Something to consider if this is a common issue with GnR.

Agree. Forget where I got them but get marked up ...

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Agree. Forget where I got them but get marked up ...

Mirror blades or art blades?

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think mine are Pinblades. Mostly occurs on the right side. I had mine open a lot recently to fix a flipper issue. I put down a thin piece of clear tape and that seemed to help it.

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mirror. I know they sell device now that protects them when you raise the playfield. Didn’t have those when I bought them. Might have been pinball side mirrors.com. I can post some pics if you would like.

#1448 4 years ago

This is what I use every time I lift a playfield ... invaluable! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This is what I use every time I lift a playfield ... invaluable! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Nice. Yeah I was curious on how the hell you keep the sides clean, that’s a handy tool there

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nice. Yeah I was curious on how the hell you keep the sides clean, that’s a handy tool there

But where do you store the tool? Seriously the protectors are long so I don't know where to put them without bending them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.