(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 51.
#1301 4 years ago

Got my new GnR ramp set today they look great thanks so much Mark great job

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't understand why people complain about the sound on GNR lots of people notice when they come over to m house that my GNR sounds better than most of my other music pins.

The original game - with a subwoofer - and not blown/rattling speakers...sounds.....good for the era....passable in a modern lineup.

The original game - with subwoofer AND PINSOUND - rivals almost any game on the market relative to music theme pins.

I pray JJP blows it out of the water with their new GnR pin!!! Has every opportunity to be their best ever!

#1303 4 years ago

I have the Pinball Pro Speakers kit installed on mine.. sound is clear and loud and rocks

#1304 4 years ago

Joined the club an hour ago.

1BAF33B9-F7C0-4164-8455-3AB22042B05B (resized).jpeg1BAF33B9-F7C0-4164-8455-3AB22042B05B (resized).jpeg2CD15561-C0D5-4B2E-AA7A-E98A5465849E (resized).jpeg2CD15561-C0D5-4B2E-AA7A-E98A5465849E (resized).jpeg
#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Joined the club an hour ago.[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately, I left the club an hour ago.

Enjoy!

#1306 4 years ago

U might be back in the club if they make the new GnR

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

U might be back in the club if they make the new GnR

I may be a dual member if that happens.

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Yes if they make it like the data east I may be too

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

may be a dual member if that happens.

I’ll be one as well!! Sign me up for a CE!

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

If you do, please let me know some I can come visit this one and try out the new one!

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ll be one as well!! Sign me up for a CE!

Same here!

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Rust-Oleum textured black[quoted image]

Would u know who sells this in Canada Ontario or if I can order it on line in the US

Thanks for any help
Thanks

#1313 4 years ago

I have seen a couple of things referenced maybe some of you guys can help me.

Pinsound board. Is this a "must have", sounds like it would be cool. Also, if so, where can I get one?

Next, new ramps I see guys talking about them, where can I buy them?

thanks everybody

#1314 4 years ago

As for the new ramp set for GnR it's a nice guy name Freeplay40 that makes them are they are great I got a set ,he might have some left over not sure but you can look him up on here

Thanks

#1315 4 years ago

As for the new ramp set for GnR it's a nice guy name Freeplay40 that makes them are they are great I got a set ,he might have some left over not sure but you can look him up on here
Thanks

will do, thanks.

I found the pinsound website.

#1316 4 years ago

Thanks

Have covered everyone on my list for the new ramps. At this point I have just two sets left.

#1317 4 years ago

Postman came by today thx Mark

IMG_20190611_122905524 (resized).jpgIMG_20190611_122905524 (resized).jpg
#1318 4 years ago

Mark is the best with out him not sure what everyone would do too make pinball machine look like new

#1319 4 years ago

My right flipper seems to be acting up. It is flicking when you push the right flipper button and also the J A M lights at the top are not moving when you push the right flipper button. Usually the jumping flipper is from a loose wire but wasn't sure if the J A M lights would indicate a separate problem. Any suggestions on things to check first? Thanks for the help! Jim

#1320 4 years ago

I would clean the contacts on the flipper buttons first they also do your Jam light change

#1321 4 years ago

Looks like you can buy Slash’s WOZ while you’re waiting for the new GNR to come out

ebay.com link: 0

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Looks like you can buy Slash’s WOZ while you’re waiting for the new GNR to come out
ebay.com link

Whose Simpsons is that?

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

ebay.com link

Seller bought it on Thursday for $11k and put it on eBay on Monday for $25k. God bless America.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Whose Simpsons is that?

Up until Thursday, it was Slash's ex-wife's.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Have covered everyone on my list for the new ramps. At this point I have just two sets left.

Received my GNR ramps today. They look awesome. Thanks Mark for making these available and taking good care of me.

#1325 4 years ago

Does anybody where to buy in Europe, Mirror Sides that fits in this Data East machine?

Also I'm looking where to buy the "Welcome to the Jungle" plastic (#830-5049-55) in Europe..

Thanks!

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

ebay.com link

Who knows if that's even was he's or not and for 25k

#1327 4 years ago

GnR sling rubber questions:
Manual calls for 2 3/4 on the slings, 2 1/2 fit, others have used 2 1/4. What size do you use?

Looking to replace all GnR rubbers (currently white). What have you used other than white or black?

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

GnR sling rubber questions:
Manual calls for 2 3/4 on the slings, 2 1/2 fit, others have used 2 1/4. What size do you use?
Looking to replace all GnR rubbers (currently white). What have you used other than white or black?

I use 2 1/2 “perfect play” red colored rings from pinball life - seem to work ok. I used to use white but they show too much dirt and black looks too blah imo

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

I use 2 1/2 “perfect play” red colored rings from pinball life

Thank you!

#1330 4 years ago

Anyone know which wax to use on a GnR playfield? Or do you not use any wax on it? I have alot of older pinballs so just use the Mills Wax on them. Thanks

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Anyone know which wax to use on a GnR playfield? Or do you not use any wax on it? I have alot of older pinballs so just use the Mills Wax on them. Thanks

I never used wax as I heard that playfield, posts and stuff gets dirty easier.

Edit: I put a playfield protector on my GNR

#1332 4 years ago

Novus 1 and Mothers automotive carnauba wax

#1333 4 years ago

any carnuba wax works great. light coats and stay away from the posts with it.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

I never used wax as I heard that playfield, posts and stuff gets dirty easier.
Edit: I put a playfield protector on my GNR

not true at all.

#1335 4 years ago

Thanks all for the help! Greatly appreciated

1 week later
#1336 4 years ago

Not sure how reliable

257ABA2D-7B19-4CF9-8866-0F256660A2E6 (resized).png257ABA2D-7B19-4CF9-8866-0F256660A2E6 (resized).png
#1337 4 years ago

The original article is here

http://www.sfweekly.com/music/slash-no-longer-hungers-for-destruction/

“His tone gets excited when talking about a forthcoming GNR pinball machine (“nothing has ever come out like it”)”

Sounds legit to me but early stages means 2020

#1338 4 years ago

I have a couple of questions.

I bought all of the cliffys. It looks like they (or some knockoff), are already installed at the lower part of my yellow ramp?

I assume the yellow ramp needs to come completely off for the cliffy ramp part. I think this stupid nut (pictured), is the main one holding me back. How are you guys getting this one off?

Is my right yellow ramp post incorrect? I saw a picture that looks different than mine.

Edit: i got the ramp out, but this thing needs to be shopped. So I am going to order new rubbers , and do this all at once.

67E6FEAE-34C9-4977-B18E-ACCF7C8BBDDC (resized).jpeg67E6FEAE-34C9-4977-B18E-ACCF7C8BBDDC (resized).jpegDC108E33-23D2-4A14-9B6D-B9AB37853CD7 (resized).jpegDC108E33-23D2-4A14-9B6D-B9AB37853CD7 (resized).jpeg

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Is my right yellow ramp post incorrect?

Yes.

#1340 4 years ago

notorious for breaking and they quit making them. so most people bought a similar one but had to drill out the hole just a tad. See post#1154 on here.

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I bought all of the cliffys. It looks like they (or some knockoff), are already installed at the lower part of my yellow ramp?
I assume the yellow ramp needs to come completely off for the cliffy ramp part. I think this stupid nut (pictured), is the main one holding me back. How are you guys getting this one off?
Is my right yellow ramp post incorrect? I saw a picture that looks different than mine.
Edit: i got the ramp out, but this thing needs to be shopped. So I am going to order new rubbers , and do this all at once.
[quoted image][quoted image]

we replaced all those on my GNR when I had it totally refurbished a few months back, pinball life has the posts, they are a bit longer on bottom, but thats under the playfield so they all worked perfect.

part # 530-5332-01 on pinball life

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Those lower metal guides/protector on your "G" ramp are factory.

#1343 4 years ago

thanks guys.

this baby is going to be SWEET in a week or so.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

It's been a while since I had mine all apart, but I believe the G ramp is just kind of held in place by that bracket, as in you can slide it out for full removal once everything else is unbolted/out of the way. I didn't follow a guide or anything, but it was pretty straight forward.

ETA: Looking through my phone, I found pics from the last tear down. That nut and bracket did not have to come out to remove the G ramp or the snake/bowl. It acts solely as a support for the ramp.

#1345 4 years ago

Can someone explain what this board is used for (inside the body on the left side)? I have been having a problem with the flippers machine gunning and the sound fading in and out. It seems to be related to this board somehow. It went from the right flipper to the left and now both are machine gunning (plus the upper left flipper is not responding). When we unplug one of the two connectors to this board, the flippers stopped responding.

Does this board also impact the sound somehow? Any suggestions on things to check on this board that might be causing the machine gunning? Thanks for the help! Jim

GnR board (resized).jpgGnR board (resized).jpg
#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone explain what this board is used for (inside the body on the left side)? I have been having a problem with the flippers machine gunning and the sound fading in and out. It seems to be related to this board somehow. It went from the right flipper to the left and now both are machine gunning (plus the upper left flipper is not responding). When we unplug one of the two connectors to this board, the flippers stopped responding.
Does this board also impact the sound somehow? Any suggestions on things to check on this board that might be causing the machine gunning? Thanks for the help! Jim[quoted image]

Solid State Flipper Board.

Check for cold solder cracks around the transistor legs. They come loose from vibration over time. If that's it, you just need to reflow the solder.

SR1 is Right Flipper
SR2 is Left Flipper
SR3 is upper Flipper

See tech sheet...
GnR_Solenoids (resized).jpgGnR_Solenoids (resized).jpg

#1347 4 years ago

I'm sure many of you have .but today first time I've ever got riot mode. Got R I O and had a few shots left for T and go for the billion point shot..couldn't finish it though!

IMAG2591 (resized).jpgIMAG2591 (resized).jpg
#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Solid State Flipper Board.
Check for cold solder cracks around the transistor legs. They come loose from vibration over time. If that's it, you just need to reflow the solder.
SR1 is Right Flipper
SR2 is Left Flipper
SR3 is upper Flipper
See tech sheet...
[quoted image]

Thanks for the details. If I remove the board and post some close up photos, do you think you could visually spot any issues?

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the details. If I remove the board and post some close up photos, do you think you could visually spot any issues?

I bet I could, I just worked through the same issue with a Baywatch. Sounds like the low voltage hold SCR is bad or cold-soldered. Take some close ups of the front of the board and the back of the board, and I'm sure we could walk you through it.

ETA: Also check end-of-stroke switches to be sure they are (I think) closed when the flipper button is fully pressed. I doubt that's the problem as the problem "walked", so it sounds like an electrical component issue. The third flipper shouldn't have any switch leaves, as it takes it's signal from the left flipper. I'm betting the faulty component is in position SR1 or SR2 on the board.

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I bet I could, I just worked through the same issue with a Baywatch. Sounds like the low voltage hold SCR is bad or cold-soldered. Take some close ups of the front of the board and the back of the board, and I'm sure we could walk you through it.

Thanks for the help. Don’t have the capacity to do board work but it would be helpful to isolate the issue. I may end up having to buy a new board. I am trying to see if a friend will try the board in his GnR. Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
8,000 (OBO)
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.