(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 51.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

New GnR ramps. So pretty much all I have is spoken for. I will continue to take names for those interested in case anyone backs out. I still have the yellow dye available and can make a few more if necessary. Want to get everyone covered this round.

Hey Freeplay, those look great! Please add me to the list, or the back-out list!
I am in need!

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You don't see those very often; what did you get it for? I was going to strip mine down for CPR, but wife didn't want to be separated from the machine for a few months.

$275 plus shipping

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$275 plus shipping

Good price

#1204 4 years ago

How many of those are still out there? They made ~3000 machines, would there (at one time) be another 5% play fields made for stock?

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

How many of those are still out there? They made ~3000 machines, would there (at one time) be another 5% play fields made for stock?

150 spare playfields might be possible, but data east play fields in my experience are a lot more rare than Williams titles. So maybe they ran what they had and the only excess parts were parts they got a better bulk discount qty on. I think i've seen 3-5 pop up for sale in the 10 years i've been in the hobby.

#1206 4 years ago

Hi all who sells GnR plastic sets

#1208 4 years ago

They have added quite a few over the past week that were unobtainable before. Tommy, GnR, etc ... nice!

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

They have added quite a few over the past week that were unobtainable before. Tommy, GnR, etc ... nice!

I installed their GNR set last month - looks great but man does that butyrate plastic stink!!!

#1210 4 years ago

LordLoss you could share some scans of your playfield for the Virtual Pinball Community.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

LordLoss you could share some scans of your playfield for the Virtual Pinball Community.

I can, what res do you want?

#1213 4 years ago

LordLoss
The Higher the Res the Better. Not
Sure how the process is done. but would appreciate your help. Thanks

#1214 4 years ago

My left flipper just started sticking up and staying up, it goes down if I turn off the machine.. any body else have this issue and maybe a solution? I’ve not moved the machine or anything.

426DDA43-B08D-456D-AD16-F735568DBE61 (resized).jpeg426DDA43-B08D-456D-AD16-F735568DBE61 (resized).jpeg
#1215 4 years ago

check the EOS switch

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My left flipper just started sticking up and staying up, it goes down if I turn off the machine.. any body else have this issue and maybe a solution? I’ve not moved the machine or anything.
[quoted image]

Resolder the connections on the coil to start, those are pretty bad.

Second, the eos switch isn't the issue. Usually on DE games the flipper energizing and not dropping until you turn off the game is caused by a bad diode. Replace diode, redo the connections on that coil, and report back.

#1217 4 years ago

OK, problem fixed!! relatively easy as well
I just looked and listened carefully,heard specifically where the sound was coming from and ya, a diode i think (im very new to this) was touching another part (metal) and I could basically hear and then see what was happening, a tiny bend (metal off metal) and the flipper was like new. So simple.! if anybody wants pics let me know, considering im not positive what a diode is ! lol im pretty sure its what I think it is :0 love when its a simple fix !!

#1218 4 years ago

Hi all has anyone tryed the decal set for GnR cab are they any good too use for a restore the cab?

#1219 4 years ago

If so where's the best place too buy the best set out there thanks

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all has anyone tryed the decal set for GnR cab are they any good too use for a restore the cab?

My GnR has all new decals and they look great. Unfortunately, I don't know where the decals came from. They came with the machine years ago, and I didn't get around to installing them until recently.

#1221 4 years ago

Would u have some pics of the sides of your machine too see if you don't mind gweempose

Thanks

#1222 4 years ago

I'm about to list one in the marketplace after a couple adjustments. Full LEDs, topper, pinsound... super nice.

Screenshot_20190511-211200_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190511-211200_Video Player (resized).jpg

#1223 4 years ago

Unless your cab is seriously fucked up, I’d leave it alone. I’d generally be happier with an original screened cabinet with some healthy patina vs. on with repro decals.

EDIT: having said that, the Phoenix Arcade decals are really impressive.

If so where's the best place too buy the best set out there thanks

Phoenix Arcade

#1224 4 years ago

Yea for sure I hear ya thanks bud

#1225 4 years ago

I have not tried, but it’s not a hard design to make a stencil for; not sure why it’s not made. Maybe a licensing agreement.

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I have not tried, but it’s not a hard design to make a stencil for; not sure why it’s not made. Maybe a licensing agreement.

A stencil for those halftone dots? I’d like to meet the madman that tries that.F1F88B41-C6F9-4A50-BC7A-02E8312FCE51.pngF1F88B41-C6F9-4A50-BC7A-02E8312FCE51.png7F9E308B-01C8-4DA6-B89F-49F07828E60D.png7F9E308B-01C8-4DA6-B89F-49F07828E60D.pngF7C64606-CEDB-42C7-B9B6-DB80D16F0298.pngF7C64606-CEDB-42C7-B9B6-DB80D16F0298.png

#1227 4 years ago

My pf arrived, I will get the scanner out today.

#1228 4 years ago

Would u have some pics of the sides of your machine too see if you don't mind gweempose
Thanks

I'll get some photos of it later today when I have a chance.

#1229 4 years ago

I would just go with the decal set Phoenix Arcade sells for the cabinet. He does really good quality stuff.

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/products/guns-n-roses/guns-n-roses-5-piece-cabinet-decal-set

#1230 4 years ago

Thanks LordLoss appreciate it!

#1231 4 years ago

Here's some photos of my decals ...

GnR #1 (resized).jpgGnR #1 (resized).jpgGnR #2 (resized).jpgGnR #2 (resized).jpgGnR #3 (resized).jpgGnR #3 (resized).jpgGnR #4 (resized).jpgGnR #4 (resized).jpgGnR #5 (resized).jpgGnR #5 (resized).jpg
#1232 4 years ago

Thanks gweempose that looks sweet great job also thanks again

#1233 4 years ago

Thanks Coindork

#1234 4 years ago

Is this thread for the new JJP GNR pinball machine?

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is this thread for the new JJP GNR pinball machine?

Yes, because JJP will never make one that lives up to how good the Data East Pin is

#1236 4 years ago

Found this site for New Decals. Looks
really nice. I might order a set as a back up. Not a bad price either

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/guns-n-roses-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#1237 4 years ago

i have a set of those for backup....

#1238 4 years ago

How are them decals look when u got them

#1239 4 years ago

Darin Jacobs at Phoenix Arcade has had the Silk-Screened G-N-R cab decals available for years.....
https://www.phoenixarcade.com/products/guns-n-roses/guns-n-roses-5-piece-cabinet-decal-set

Edit: Stu at CPR did the Artwork for the Phoenix Arcade versions

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i have a set of those for backup....

Do Guns N' Roses owners have the biggest parts hoards? I have extra plastics, spare G ramp, spare R ramp, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have an early production playfield. It has some wear from it's 1994-1998ish routing days, but I don'w want to do a playfield swap and lose the early production art. Personally, I dislike the style of the black GNR logo by the Add Band Member. I would love a CPR remake with the pre-production version. I'd do a swap AND get one for the hoarde!

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Do Guns N' Roses owners have the biggest parts hoards? I have extra plastics, spare G ramp, spare R ramp, and a bunch of other stuff.
I have an early production playfield. It has some wear from it's 1994-1998ish routing days, but I don'w want to do a playfield swap and lose the early production art. Personally, I dislike the style of the black GNR logo by the Add Band Member. I would love a CPR remake with the pre-production version. I'd do a swap AND get one for the hoarde!

Any unique other parts? I'm building a game up from scratch and need a few unique items.

#1243 4 years ago

Here are my playfield scans if anyone needs them:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nA1jymhdtdqBYT9bwl3YCqlnCn_C_wyk

Uploading now.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Do Guns N' Roses owners have the biggest parts hoards?

I also ordered Freeplay40's ramps for backup, and have a couple of other things on the shelf, like DMD and soundboard since i swapped them out for PinballSP DMDMK66 and a Pinsound board

#1245 4 years ago

Thanks LordLoss for the scans
Appreciate you taking the time doing this. thanks soo much.

#1246 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find guns n roses side rails and the glass plastic rails too

Thanks for any help

#1247 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find guns n roses side rails and the glass plastic rails too
Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-6831-XX

#545-5017-00 Is the side rail guides but looks sold out around town

#1248 4 years ago

Thanks wolfemaaan

#1249 4 years ago

Thanks for any help

pretty sure the lolipop side rails pinball life sells for sterns will work just fine. might double check though.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yes, because JJP will never make one that lives up to how good the Data East Pin is

That's a very low bar. Playfield art looks like crap, audio sample rate is terrible, sound package and callouts suffer as a result. It can be beat by almost every metric used to measure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
8,000 (OBO)
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/25?hl=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.