(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 51.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Is that documented anywhere or just a rumor?

Since they are a private company, everything is a rumor until they chose to formally announce. What I can tell you is that if you like music themed games, the next few years are going to be great. There are a few big names getting machines.

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Since they are a private company, everything is a rumor until they chose to formally announce. What I can tell you is that if you like music themed games, the next few years are going to be great. There are a few big names getting machines.

But sadly no currently relevant bands. GnR is on hiatus with Slash touring with Miles through the end of the year. Some others tour, got to see Axl/DC on tour as well as the reunited Guns. Besides Metallica, who has put out new music? Maiden, Aerosmith? I think a Pearl Jam or Offspring Pin could have some great jams attached to pinball plays. I have no idea who puts out rock music anymore, let alone if any of it will be heard in 25 years. Happy to see some classics come out, but what does the future hold for music pins

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Since they are a private company, everything is a rumor until they chose to formally announce

Correct, but I didn't know if a pinball company had acquired the name; domain; copyright of Motley Crue Pinball as we've seen in the past in some business filings. Music is my world, so yes, lots of music Pins around the house; along with amps, guitars, etc, etc, etc.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

But sadly no currently relevant bands. GnR is on hiatus with Slash touring with Miles through the end of the year. Some others tour, got to see Axl/DC on tour as well as the reunited Guns. Besides Metallica, who has put out new music? Maiden, Aerosmith? I think a Pearl Jam or Offspring Pin could have some great jams attached to pinball plays. I have no idea who puts out rock music anymore, let alone if any of it will be heard in 25 years. Happy to see some classics come out, but what does the future hold for music pins

There is only one rock god left worthy of a pin (and somehow still touring) and that’s Ozzy. That would be an instant NIB buy even if it only have 3 rules. Why the F this hasn’t happened blows my mind

#1105 5 years ago

I see an Ozzy toy with Velcro black shoes spinning in circles looking for Bill Ward. I kid, I kid!!

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I see an Ozzy toy with Velcro black shoes spinning in circles looking for Bill Ward. I kid, I kid!!

Ozzy is coming to eat your spleen

#1107 5 years ago

Ok, so am I the only one putting up a custom message? Come on, you know you have one

2F82B98E-3E7A-44BA-988F-136876E79ED9 (resized).jpeg2F82B98E-3E7A-44BA-988F-136876E79ED9 (resized).jpeg
#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I have 2 of these. NOS originals [not repros] that have never been installed in a game. PM me if interested.
[quoted image]

Interested in one how much with shipping to 30068

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Me to in the other one, shipping to 46239

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Quoted from Foraree34:

Me to in the other one, shipping to 46239

What are you guys buying? dgoett's post appears blank to me.

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What are you guys buying? dgoett's post appears blank to me.

The "Welcome to the Jungle" backboard plastic.

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thanks! I wonder why the picture of it doesn't show up for me.

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

How are you guys planning to light it? i have one but haven't attached yet because im trying to figure out best way since its mounting directly up against a board

Thanks

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

How are you guys planning to light it?

I never put light behind mine, it's almost impossible to see a light behind it, but the PF GI/spotlights hit it.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I never put light behind mine, it's almost impossible to see a light behind it, but the PF GI/spotlights hit it.

Anyone got a pic of what this look like installed? I can't see it in the post above either... Somewhere a while back i saw a similar one that said "Appetite for Pinball" but can't seem to find that again

#1117 5 years ago

Hard to see right now with some added light ...

A88409ED-5574-4EE5-AC1D-BBECAAAF5D01 (resized).jpegA88409ED-5574-4EE5-AC1D-BBECAAAF5D01 (resized).jpeg
#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Hard to see right now with some added light ...
[quoted image]

thanks - its more visible than i thought it would be. much appreciated

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

PM sent no reply?

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

PM sent no reply?

I didnt either

#1122 5 years ago

I've probably made about ten of these toppers for pinsiders, I have ONE left and I will not be making any more in the future. It is hand cut, all wood material, anyone want the last one?

$95 shipped.

Thanks, James

62c955d353673b053ff8d701cf0b1e8b8f59fa18 (1) (resized).jpg62c955d353673b053ff8d701cf0b1e8b8f59fa18 (1) (resized).jpg
#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I've probably made about ten of these toppers for pinsiders, I have ONE left and I will not be making any more in the future. It is hand cut, all wood material, anyone want the last one?
$95 shipped.
Thanks, James
[quoted image]

Very cool

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

How are you guys planning to light it? i have one but haven't attached yet because im trying to figure out best way since its mounting directly up against a board
Thanks

My mistake , upon “hands on” further review there is enough room to put light behind it ..... I think tomorrow I’ll try a LED strip behind it and see how that goes .

#1126 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to acquire a bracket for a guns n Roses....I checked a one place and they were out of stock...is it easy to make myself??what are dimensions.. etc...thx

#1127 5 years ago

Bracket for topper...

#1128 5 years ago

Looks like John Borgs next design was revealed in Sacramento on Tuesday

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/03/19/riot-button-state-elevators/

573FAEB5-566B-48F8-BB6B-547D67DCB682 (resized).jpeg573FAEB5-566B-48F8-BB6B-547D67DCB682 (resized).jpeg
#1129 5 years ago

anybody done any powder coating other then the red or green? My metals are all off and at the powder coaters, just need to decide color.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

anybody done any powder coating other then the red or green? My metals are all off and at the powder coaters, just need to decide color.

My legs were trashed and I couldn't decide what color to re-do them in. I considered chrome, but I didn't want to spend the money. Ultimately, I went with the factory "krinkle" black and I couldn't be happier.

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Back in the thread quite some time ago I believe I posted my red and green that are glitter type which seems to be best match for this game

#1132 5 years ago

Anyone know whats the best scanner to use to scan playfields? I would like to scan my GnR playfield to be used for a virtual pinball project. Thanks also if anyone has a nice scan and would like to sell me your scans please let me know Thanks Appreciate your help

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Prismatic's Speedway Black

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Red and black hammer tone - legs too - pic doesn’t really do it justice but I like -

FB5BE7FE-BEC6-4F0A-8468-98A5A6093D3C (resized).jpegFB5BE7FE-BEC6-4F0A-8468-98A5A6093D3C (resized).jpeg
#1135 5 years ago

While at techs today checking on game, we wondered if these posts are supposed to be like this, they are Very hard plastic, and solid and they do not slide off a post, they are like a bushing or something.. wondering if these are supposed to be here or if someone made them at some time, I would have guessed regular metal posts that took a rubber.. Can anybody please confirm if these are correct, or what should be there, thanks

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpggnr3 (resized).jpggnr3 (resized).jpggnr4 (resized).jpggnr4 (resized).jpggnr5 (resized).jpggnr5 (resized).jpg
#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

While at techs today checking on game, we wondered if these posts are supposed to be like this, they are Very hard plastic, and solid and they do not slide off a post, they are like a bushing or something.. wondering if these are supposed to be here or if someone made them at some time, I would have guessed regular metal posts that took a rubber.. Can anybody please confirm if these are correct, or what should be there, thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffs post rubbers. Mine originally were black crap rubber.

#1137 5 years ago

Does anyone know what fuse is linked to the lights under the playfield, where the "Guns" and "Roses" inserts are lit? All mine went out including the one that lights up when the magnets come on. I installed a pinsound board a couple nights ago and I think I missed a pin on the ribbon cable that came from the power board and I believe that may have been what blew the fuse. The game plays fine otherwise including the sound etc.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone know what fuse is linked to the lights under the playfield, where the "Guns" and "Roses" inserts are lit? All mine went out including the one that lights up when the magnets come on. I installed a pinsound board a couple nights ago and I think I missed a pin on the ribbon cable that came from the power board and I believe that may have been what blew the fuse. The game plays fine otherwise including the sound etc.

Check your manual, it will tell you.

#1139 5 years ago

Anyone have any lamp boards for GNR for sale or trade

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Check your manual, it will tell you.

Thanks, looks like f1 and f2. They checked out fine so must be something else.

#1141 5 years ago

Turns out it was on the backbox wall and not on the driver board... all is working now.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Can anybody please confirm if these are correct, or what should be there, thanks

OEM was a new formula hard shore rubber... the post would break and the rubber would
, now, get very hard and break... it depends on the climate the game was/is exposed to over the years.
Note:
part number is NLA. replaced with new part number and new designed metal posts.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks, looks like f1 and f2. They checked out fine so must be something else.

Start testing the transistors for the lights.

#1144 5 years ago

Ended up going with all red for the powder coating and green ramps..game should be back from the tech soon!

received_499091880622031 (resized).jpegreceived_499091880622031 (resized).jpegreceived_626756357797364 (resized).jpegreceived_626756357797364 (resized).jpeg
#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Ended up going with all red for the powder coating and green ramps..game should be back from the tech soon!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Dayaam! You went all in. Want to see Those in the Pin

#1146 5 years ago

Looking for a reworked magnet board, looks like Great lakes Modular is a dead end now, per other pinside theads and unanswered emails....

What are my other options or suggestions as I keep blowing magnet fuses

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Looking for a reworked magnet board, looks like Great lakes Modular is a dead end now, per other pinside theads and unanswered emails....

Rebuild the original board?

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Did you upgrade the software to the current release?
I had to do it to a GnR that did not kick the ball up the entrance ramp.
Did you up grade the caps on the power supply that regulate the +5volt IC?

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:Looking for a reworked magnet board, looks like Great lakes Modular is a dead end now, per other pinside theads and unanswered emails....

If you truly need a new board Terry has them @ www.pinballlife.com

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you upgrade the software to the current release?
I had to do it to a GnR that did not kick the ball up the entrance ramp.
Did you up grade the caps on the power supply that regulate the +5volt IC?

These are two problems I am having. Does the latest software effect the ball launch or magnets?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/23?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.