(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 51.
#1051 5 years ago

Wonder why the changed it. It seems like the progressing of it saying multi ball makes more sense than add band members as you need one to get to the next.

Only John Borg knows...

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Wonder why the changed it. It seems like the progressing of it saying multi ball makes more sense than add band members as you need one to get to the next.
Only John Borg knows...

I get the logic of that, but I prefer the look of the artwork on that spot in regular playfield. Granted that’s what I’m used to seeing on my machine, but it just looks odd seeing a big insert with only words.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

I get the logic of that, but I prefer the look of the artwork on that spot in regular playfield. Granted that’s what I’m used to seeing on my machine, but it just looks odd seeing a big insert with only words.

Like these?

3E39EBBE-D370-4522-B5B7-ADC816A54659 (resized).jpeg3E39EBBE-D370-4522-B5B7-ADC816A54659 (resized).jpeg
#1054 5 years ago

Hi guys , considering buying this GNR but the wear on this Axl hole does bother me.
Is there a Mylar decal that would adequately cover this?
Thanks so much.

2B767FF6-1134-4B96-8714-8989EA3F88B6 (resized).jpeg2B767FF6-1134-4B96-8714-8989EA3F88B6 (resized).jpeg
#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Rhino89:

Hi guys , considering buying this GNR but the wear on this Axl hole does bother me.
Thanks so much.
[quoted image]

I’ve not used one but Classic Arcades produce one .......

ebay.com link: DATA EAST Guns N And Roses Pinball Machine CENTER Playfield OVERLAY

#1056 5 years ago

CPR is doing preorders for new PFs . Just saying

#1057 5 years ago

How rare is this? A google image search didn't turn anything up and I've been in pinball since 1998 and have never seen another one.
Anyone else have one?

20190222_224802 (resized).jpg20190222_224802 (resized).jpg

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

How rare is this? A google image search didn't turn anything up and I've been in pinball since 1998 and have never seen another one.
Anyone else have one?

What is that? A patch?

#1059 5 years ago

Yep. About 2.5" x 2.5" roughly

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from Rhino89:

Thanks so much.
[quoted image]

most got it, decal covers it but decal doesn't look that great either.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

most got it, decal covers it but decal doesn't look that great either.

Thanks. I know the wear there is typical, however is that moderate or extreme wear for this machine ? Looks down to the wood

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rhino89:

Thanks. I know the wear there is typical, however is that moderate or extreme wear for this machine ? Looks down to the wood

Yeah that’s somebody who play the shit outta it. Is the Axl scoop and VUKs worn as well?

I can tell you, if this bothers you move on to the next. For me, everything can be replaced except the PF. I generally take it down top side to the PF when I shop it, but that’s a 2 month + project (but worth it for this Pin). So really depends what you are willing to do. Mine has a couple PF marks but very small and if it were any bigger I would have waited for the next one. My cabinet is a mess, but that I can live with plus adds character. But anything that distracts or affects the play, no way jay. Again that’s just me, everyone will have a different take.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Data East had a program for game buyers/designers, who bought there first game and got a
sliver jacket. ( I think you had to subscribe at the AMOA show)
and with this custom "subscription", you got a custom patch to each new Data East game
that was released.
It was Data East's gimmick,
for being a loyal customer and to offer something "special" that Williams/Bally games did not.

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Anyone else have one?
[quoted image]

I have one! Very rarely come up for sale

#1065 5 years ago

Ok, so started diving into the rules to unlock the mysteries (and they do hint on them several times) and curious about rule #24. It appears the mini orbit (which is difficult to hit IMO) lights the Axl Mystery by adding 1 to each ramp shot before it relights. But they go to the efforts to mention 99. Please tell me nobody is good enough to hit the mini orbit 99 times without lifting the glass. But if you are that good, what happens when you hit 106? It goes (after the rules count) 56, 67, 79, 92, 106. Probably nothing but curious

D6F3CC21-571B-4160-9A1C-623274492807 (resized).jpegD6F3CC21-571B-4160-9A1C-623274492807 (resized).jpeg

#1066 5 years ago

I hate to high-jack the thread, but I need some help. I am putting together a GNR re-import, but I am missing 2 metal ball guides and a few wire ball guides. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any extras?

#1067 5 years ago

So I took off the glass and started rotating through the mini orbits/scoop mystery combos. Ill have to count next time, but they appear to be random and most were listed in the 2.0 rules.

Couple of things discovered though:

What exactly is "Special" - I didn't see what score increased and it doesn't really give any hints. (I look at the score next time)

The order in when the scoop gets lit doesn't follow the rules, it actually starts at 3, then goes to 6 or something then decreases down to 3 - ill write down the pattern next time

I got something called "Little Fighter" or something like that in the mystery scoop - no idea

There was also a 100,000,000 not listed in the 2.0 rules, again not sure if it was reputition or just a random mini orbit.

Im gonna keep plugging away and when I make sense of them, ill put it in the soon to be 3.0 rules

Oh, and I have the 3.0 ROM, so not sure if that matters as I don't have any differences listed from 1.0-3.0

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

I hate to high-jack the thread, but I need some help. I am putting together a GNR re-import, but I am missing 2 metal ball guides and a few wire ball guides. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any extras?

I have a wire ball guide, which one do you need?

#1069 5 years ago

I need: the two flipper guide wires, the wire that curves around the outside of the pop bumpers on the right, and the one that goes behind the side flipper.

#1070 5 years ago

For the record, this might just be the best pinball machine ever made.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I took off the glass and started rotating through the mini orbits/scoop mystery combos. Ill have to count next time, but they appear to be random and most were listed in the 2.0 rules.
Couple of things discovered though:
What exactly is "Special" - I didn't see what score increased and it doesn't really give any hints. (I look at the score next time)
The order in when the scoop gets lit doesn't follow the rules, it actually starts at 3, then goes to 6 or something then decreases down to 3 - ill write down the pattern next time
I got something called "Little Fighter" or something like that in the mystery scoop - no idea
There was also a 100,000,000 not listed in the 2.0 rules, again not sure if it was reputition or just a random mini orbit.
Im gonna keep plugging away and when I make sense of them, ill put it in the soon to be 3.0 rules
Oh, and I have the 3.0 ROM, so not sure if that matters as I don't have any differences listed from 1.0-3.0

This is outstanding! I remember reading that (as well as the "mystery features" part) in the owner's manual and thought "hmmm?". love how things are uncovered even years later. Keep up the good work!

I've noticed on occasion (maybe every time, but I'm not sure) that upon the start of RIOT! wizard mode, an award (maybe 100,000?) is given and a flaming skull animation with a name runs across the dmd PRIOR to the actual start of the mode. I think I have noticed that it isn't awarded from time to time, any guesses here folks? I COULD take the glass off, but I'm currently not at home, haha...

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

This is outstanding! I remember reading that (as well as the "mystery features" part) in the owner's manual and thought "hmmm?". love how things are uncovered even years later. Keep up the good work!
I've noticed on occasion (maybe every time, but I'm not sure) that upon the start of RIOT! wizard mode, an award (maybe 100,000?) is given and a flaming skull animation with a name runs across the dmd PRIOR to the actual start of the mode. I think I have noticed that it isn't awarded from time to time, any guesses here folks? I COULD take the glass off, but I'm currently not at home, haha...

If you get a perfect score in Gilby Rolls mode (93mil) you get the flaming skull and an extra 50mil bonus. That's the only place I have seen that though. I wonder if you change the difficulty in the settings if you see these Easter eggs any differently

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

If you get a perfect score in Gilby Rolls mode (93mil) you get the flaming skull and an extra 50mil bonus. That's the only place I have seen that though. I wonder if you change the difficulty in the settings if you see these Easter eggs any differently

I'm aware of that one, but I'll have to actually watch when I play a few games tonight. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't; trying to figure out why...

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

If you get a perfect score in Gilby Rolls mode (93mil)

How do you get a perfect score with Gilby? I've made it through without hitting anyone/any car and get 45mil tops.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

How do you get a perfect score with Gilby? I've made it through without hitting anyone/any car and get 45mil tops.

You gotta hit all the people

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

I found it after I asked ... good to know!

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

This is another reason this Pin is not leaving my collection. Everything is so safe and PC now, just look at the Deadpool pin. If JJP plays it PC on the new GNR, I’m not gonna pick it up. I think that’s why 90’s pins are sought after because they weren’t unapologetic. And semi-naked ladies doesn’t hurt.

Anyway, once I do discover any, I’ll document them on that site. I also want to try and incorporate the DMD screens associated with them. My pics so far suck, so I’m gonna try and get better ones

207288FE-8BED-4265-8E74-3239D6E4A9AB (resized).jpeg207288FE-8BED-4265-8E74-3239D6E4A9AB (resized).jpeg
#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I know getting a perfect score on Gilby is 93 but does anyone have a video of how? I get 77 million every time

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

know getting a perfect score on Gilby is 93 but does anyone have a video of how?

I found it on YouTube yesterday ... I tried many times. It’s hard!

#1080 5 years ago

I’ll list the Gilby The Gilby Pattern in the write up. I’ve never completed it either, and yeah it’s hard AF

#1081 5 years ago

Going to dig into the table today, I’m trying to take the dmd shots associated with each rule/bonus/combo/etc

In the meanwhile, see if you can ID the pin in the background.

#1082 5 years ago

It’s a Motley Crüe pin!!! That would be an awesome pin but yes spotted the GNR in the background

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It’s a Motley Crüe pin!!! That would be an awesome pin but yes spotted the GNR in the background

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Where in the F is the Motley Crue Pin? Big catalog of tunes would be worth it alone. But there better be stripper poles

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Where in the F is the Motley Crue Pin? Big catalog of tunes would be worth it alone. But there better be stripper poles

Crüe Crüe Crüe

#1085 5 years ago
BEFFCB1D-CA4F-47F1-A2A1-15AFFFD3BF5B (resized).jpegBEFFCB1D-CA4F-47F1-A2A1-15AFFFD3BF5B (resized).jpeg
#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

[quoted image]

Is that Slash’s personal pin at Rock Hall?

#1088 5 years ago

Nice, great visual write up there. Will add that to the 3.0 manual

I also figured out “Little Fighter”, adding that plus other mysteries uncovered

2DE8F44B-A887-4403-AB47-30829C10E7FB (resized).jpeg2DE8F44B-A887-4403-AB47-30829C10E7FB (resized).jpeg89FE1FBC-FF79-4BA5-A2BD-AE0AABCE0C0D (resized).jpeg89FE1FBC-FF79-4BA5-A2BD-AE0AABCE0C0D (resized).jpeg94D5C9FD-1B0B-498A-8C26-085B0EDA8F5C (resized).jpeg94D5C9FD-1B0B-498A-8C26-085B0EDA8F5C (resized).jpeg

#1089 5 years ago

Looking forward to your 3.0 write up. Never seen Little Fighter

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Looking forward to your 3.0 write up. Never seen Little Fighter

How do you get the little fighter award? I have never seen it either.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

How do you get the little fighter award? I have never seen it either.

Still testing but so far, whether or not the Axl Scoop is lit, 5x straight scoop shots in a row and you can’t touch anything else. A skull on fire goes flying across the screen. Need to also figure out if it has a timer attached to it, so don’t quote me yet

Been clicking button with the glass off for 3 hours now! Everyone here at home hates me and they can suck it. Borg put a super combo into Star Wars prior to this which was very elusive, so still looking for that. Pretty sure it’s gotta exist

Crazy these mysteries exist 25 years later.

#1092 5 years ago

By the way, if anybody knowswhat “Little Fighter” is referencing, let me know. There is a White Lion song called Little Fighter but also wondering if it’s a reference to Axls stage fighting persona

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Fighter_(song)

Want to add that if it can be found

#1093 5 years ago

I have partial set of light boards for my guns n roses project. Anyone have any spares?

Thought these would be unobtanium, but so far I found two.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

but also wondering if it’s a reference to Axls stage fighting persona

Crue and GnR had a long standing dispute/fight. I wonder if it’s in reference to their feud. Hit Axl enough times and you’re a little fighter?!

#1095 5 years ago

Stern has secured the rights to Motley Crue, so a pin is in the works.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Stern has secured the rights to Motley Crue,

Is that documented anywhere or just a rumor?

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Is that Slash’s personal pin at Rock Hall?

Sorry for the delay. No this one was set up to play, but :PS)Slash's was also there, but roped off. (I slipped a quarter into it tho!)

#1098 5 years ago

Had to sell my GNR about 3-4 years ago to pay bills,, have about 25 machines now and was ready to add it back to the collection.. Long road trip and picked this one up a few days ago, i, dropped off at my tech to fully shop and upgrade, LED, Powder coat etc.. cant wait to get it back in a few weeks!

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Had to sell my GNR about 3-4 years ago to pay bills,, have about 25 machines now and was ready to add it back to the collection.. Long road trip and picked this one up a few days ago, i, dropped off at my tech to fully shop and upgrade, LED, Powder coat etc.. cant wait to get it back in a few weeks!
[quoted image]

Welcome back. I saw that machine on the market for a while. It would be a very painful day if I had to sell this one, so hopefully that day never comes until I'm under the dirt.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

hopefully that day never comes until I'm under the dirt.

i`ll get burried in mine...thinking about using it as a coffin.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/22?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.