(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 51.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Post nr.1000!

Woooohooo! Party like its 1001

59A68D3A-CDB3-4307-9161-F200BFE1F02D (resized).jpeg59A68D3A-CDB3-4307-9161-F200BFE1F02D (resized).jpeg
#1002 5 years ago

Anyone have a spare GNR gun shooter handle for sale..?

#1003 5 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where the Snakepit jackpot wouldn’t advance? It should go through a 1x 2x 3x sequence where the game selects which multiplier (as well as other snakepit jackpots) My game used to advance, but now it seems to have lost the advancing logic. The switch in the Rose Handle shooter lane registers; so I’m lost to what switch would trigger the jackpot. TIA!

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Anyone ever have an issue where the Snakepit jackpot wouldn’t advance?

Did you check the switch that is mounted in the cup?

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have a spare GNR gun shooter handle for sale..?

I really hope you get a response but I’d be surprised. I’ve only seen one for sale a long time ago from a guy in Europe and he wanted crazy money for it. Hope you can find one.

#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I really hope you get a response but I’d be surprised. I’ve only seen one for sale a long time ago from a guy in Europe and he wanted crazy money for it. Hope you can find one.

They do pop up, but prerty rarely. i have a good history finding nos or rare data east parts. This is year two.of searching

Was in talks with the.Europe guy, but couldn't pull the trigger

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you check the switch that is mounted in the cup?

Yes sir ... 100 operational. I figured a switch was not registering, but up/down the ramp they are perfect.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They do pop up, but prerty rarely. i have a good history finding nos or rare data east parts. This is year two.of searching
Was in talks with the.Europe guy, but couldn't pull the trigger

How much was he asking?

#1009 5 years ago

Toppers can be hard to find and pricy. I sold mine and went with a Laseriffic that I thought looked better. I know guys like original but factory one was so cheaply made. Guess that’s why there are so few of them and expensive.

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Yes sir ... 100 operational. I figured a switch was not registering, but up/down the ramp they are perfect.

Did you test the switch in the bowl (on the green ramp) with a ball or a finger? That is the switch that advances, not another switch.

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How much was he asking?

He actually had two. First was $1000 I think? Second he waned $850?

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Did you test the switch in the bowl (on the green ramp) with a ball or a finger?

Finger of course (insert my stupidity of not rolling a ball through it).. will run a ball through today. Thanks for reminder

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He actually had two. First was $1000 I think? Second he waned $850?

Yup. That’s crazy money.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Anyone ever have an issue where the Snakepit jackpot wouldn’t advance? It should go through a 1x 2x 3x sequence where the game selects which multiplier (as well as other snakepit jackpots) My game used to advance, but now it seems to have lost the advancing logic. The switch in the Rose Handle shooter lane registers; so I’m lost to what switch would trigger the jackpot. TIA!

mine did this, bad switch in the bowl ramp

#1015 5 years ago

Bowl switch issue fixed. Loose switch ; When the ball hit it hard enough, the entire switch would push back. A light push did not move it. Adjusted and back to GnR

#1016 5 years ago

Ok, looks like the Bally/Williams extra ball is almost identical and works. Not sure why they just don’t match the font and call it Data East considering that’s the only difference beside being able to switch bulbs without breaking your knuckles and the button

0ECBEAAB-2BA0-433B-B9DF-607CCDAD26EA (resized).jpeg0ECBEAAB-2BA0-433B-B9DF-607CCDAD26EA (resized).jpeg488508E2-3142-480C-9650-390E9D1D7335 (resized).jpeg488508E2-3142-480C-9650-390E9D1D7335 (resized).jpeg8EF8DAD8-F8C5-451F-97F9-0287850A37AC (resized).jpeg8EF8DAD8-F8C5-451F-97F9-0287850A37AC (resized).jpegDC4CD159-53C1-4A8B-9173-A810DAEB1DF1 (resized).jpegDC4CD159-53C1-4A8B-9173-A810DAEB1DF1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1017 5 years ago

Would anyone by any chance have the Pinbits GnR back panel mirror piece uninstalled? I need a picture of it with a tape measure beside it. It would save me pulling it out of my machine and breaking something in the process due to my incompetence

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Would anyone by any chance have the Pinbits GnR back panel mirror piece uninstalled? I need a picture of it with a tape measure beside it. It would save me pulling it out of my machine and breaking something in the process due to my incompetence

Do you need the long strip or just the small piece?

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Do you need the long strip or just the small piece?

The long strip please.

#1020 5 years ago

I thought I had my old one in the 'stash', but of course I can't locate it at the minute. I'll check a different area a bit later today.

#1021 5 years ago

Greetings. Hope there's room for one more fan. I purchased my GnR's pin over 7 years ago (for $500) and have been "restoring" it ever since. I worked on it when I had both the time and the money. It's now complete (I think) and 100% operational (I'm sure). It was a long haul but worth it.

I appreciate the expertise you all shared in this forum. I read your postings multiple times, took notes, and applied what I learned. I wanted to make the repairs myself and learn something completely new. Unfortunately, I failed to document my restoration. Just didn't think of it.

Next, I'd like to add a mod. Since I'm 25 miles east of St Louis I'd like to start with the "St Louis Riot" mod if I can find one.

Again, thanks for sharing your expertise.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby...

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from HomieDaChief:

Greetings. Hope there's room for one more fan. I purchased my GnR's pin over 7 years ago (for $500) and have been "restoring" it ever since. I worked on it when I had both the time and the money. It's now complete (I think) and 100% operational (I'm sure). It was a long haul but worth it.
I appreciate the expertise you all shared in this forum. I read your postings multiple times, took notes, and applied what I learned. I wanted to make the repairs myself and learn something completely new. Unfortunately, I failed to document my restoration. Just didn't think of it.
Next, I'd like to add a mod. Since I'm 25 miles east of St Louis I'd like to start with the "St Louis Riot" mod if I can find one.

The two best mods (in my opinion, of course) are the color dmd and adding a shaker. Both of those make the game seem right at home next to games that are 20 years newer.

#1023 5 years ago

St Louis Riot" mod if I can find one.

If you find one, let me know! I’d love one too!
Color DMD, PinSound and Speaker upgrade: highly recommended!

And you got a hell of a deal on your machine!

#1024 5 years ago

I bought a St Louis Mod from the person who made the mod and he took my money and never sent it! So if you find one ask him where my one is lol

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I bought a St Louis Mod from the person who made the mod and he took my money and never sent it! So if you find one ask him where my one is lol

what was his name, i'll contact him.

#1026 5 years ago

Shacklersrevenge

#1027 5 years ago

My new topper? Maybe.....

#1028 5 years ago
7C9D4635-C949-4A95-9704-B308F3A0C270 (resized).png7C9D4635-C949-4A95-9704-B308F3A0C270 (resized).png
#1029 5 years ago

you`re google skills are good....

explain?

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

My new topper? Maybe.....

Very cool! Pinsound Board too?

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Very cool! Pinsound Board too?

of course and a Pinballsp color LED DMDMK66, upgraded speakers and a 12" sub

#1032 5 years ago

Ok, after a couple months of stripping this machine down, cleaning and fixing what was broke, and getting it back to its stock condition, (except the ColorDMD and MicroScreen - had to ditch Slash Doll and led Strips, etc) got to finally play my first games on this Pin.

You can’t really tell while you are stripping them down, but you do have an appreciation for everything that goes into a Pin minus gameplay when you do. I did this with Borgs previous machine Data East Star Wars and that Machine a very underrated no doubt. You see the design at its core, the flow, and the artwork that surrounds the play.

While I think the art on DESW is a touch better (by Markus Rothkranz - Ever Notice Slash’s shirt in the upper right playfield plastic?) this just might be the best Pin I’ve ever played. I was curious how the ramps would play versus Star Wars which is a single shot from either flipper as long as your flipper coils are solid. Not GNR. Each ramp has it’s own distinct flow and backhanding the G or the R is almost a no go (if you can do this, fuck you). Lots of balanced play and modes which one doesn’t stand out giving you a huge payout vs others making you want to play them all. The orbits were well thought out and if you don’t get a solid shot, you won’t get the full orbit bonuses. Just lots of little things that you will miss a reward if your shots aren’t spot on.

I now know why everyone says this is a forever pin, and so you can take another one of these GNRs off the 3000 list during my lifetime. And my living trust will state “if you should inherit this Gun’s N Roses Pin and ever decide to sell it, you will lose all and payback any fortunes you received from this trust and forever be the dick of the family tree”

#1033 5 years ago

BTW, does anybody know where I can get the GNR Rules for the 3.0 CPU ROM? I see a 2.0 floating out there, but cant seem to locate the 3.0

Hook it up!

#1034 5 years ago

What is this micro screen you speak of?

#1035 5 years ago

This machine is bolted down in my home as well. We love it!

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, does anybody know where I can get the GNR Rules for the 3.0 CPU ROM? I see a 2.0 floating out there, but cant seem to locate the 3.0

I bought my machine, all original, with the original ROMs. I updated to 3.0 and scoured the world looking for release notes. Never found them. Maybe we should reach out to Lyman? Lol.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

What is this micro screen you speak of?

This one. It has a custom GNR frame and lots of classic GNR video footage

D61E8E69-0E67-4F10-9FE6-F29E10010C68 (resized).jpegD61E8E69-0E67-4F10-9FE6-F29E10010C68 (resized).jpeg
#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I bought my machine, all original, with the original ROMs. I updated to 3.0 and scoured the world looking for release notes. Never found them. Maybe we should reach out to Lyman? Lol.

So, should I start a thread to try and attempt to compile the 3.0 rules? I'm also curious because of the "undocumented rules" which is explicitly listed on page 14. There is a lot of hidden stuff on Borgs Data East Star Wars (which didn't explicitly say so anywhere), so I'm pretty sure there are going to be items nobody has uncovered. IE Speeder Mode wasn't discovered in DESW until somebody hacked the code, and Indiana Jones:TPA had hidden monkeys in the mine cart tunnel which was only discovered a couple years ago. For instance Backstage Pass is not listed anywhere in any manual, but we all know that's there

Sooooo, any good public place to compile the existing 2.0 rules with all the extras - or do we want to keep them hidden like fight club?

GNR_Hidden (resized).JPGGNR_Hidden (resized).JPG
#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sooooo, any good public place to compile the existing 2.0 rules with all the extras - or do we want to keep them hidden like fight club?

This is probably the best place to do it ...

http://tiltforums.com/c/game-specific/rulesheet-wikis

#1040 5 years ago

Thanks! I signed up and there must be a moratorium on creating new threads. So when it opens up, ill post link here.

1 week later
#1041 5 years ago

Guys, I was wishy-washy on selling my GnR that I've had for 20 years+. But 3 NIB games coming in next few weeks. Something just gotta give and it's GnR.

Super condition, prototype play field. ColorDMD (plus original DE DMD), PinSound board (plus original DE board), FF speaker kit, Invisiglass, LEDs, extra set of plastics, etc.

Link to the Pinside ad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64003

#1042 5 years ago

Glws. Nice game. Mine is pretty much the same as yours so interested to see sell price.

#1044 5 years ago

I just bought mine, man not parting ways for at least 20 years. But I won’t last that long

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Guys, I was wishy-washy on selling my GnR that I've had for 20 years+. But 3 NIB games coming in next few weeks. Something just gotta give and it's GnR.
Super condition, prototype play field. ColorDMD (plus original DE DMD), PinSound board (plus original DE board), FF speaker kit, Invisiglass, LEDs, extra set of plastics, etc.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64003

I love these early production playfields with "Multi-Ball" instead of the GNR logo on the yellow insert leading to the VUK.

#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

love these early production playfields with "Multi-Ball" instead of the GNR logo on the yellow insert leading to the VUK.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with GnR in that location. You have a photo?

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with GnR in that location. You have a photo?

0CB76594-4EDA-47D4-A0C9-9F790ED2A2C5 (resized).jpeg0CB76594-4EDA-47D4-A0C9-9F790ED2A2C5 (resized).jpeg
#1048 5 years ago

Vers

CE42BE93-9599-4613-BC59-79FD511CFAB2 (resized).jpegCE42BE93-9599-4613-BC59-79FD511CFAB2 (resized).jpeg
#1049 5 years ago

Very cool. Learn something new every day!

#1050 5 years ago

I was curious too, so I just looked at mine... it says Multi Ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.