(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.
#951 5 years ago

I some weeks ago I order to print my "Gun´s & Roses Rules Pinball Card" in chrome vinyl:
a6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpga6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpg

This was result:

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Rules%20print1.jpg

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Rules%20print2.jpg

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Rules%20print3.jpg
Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Rules print1.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Rules print2.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Rules print3.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Rules print3.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can check my original design for "Gun´s & Roses Rules Pinball Card" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/19#post-4564590

I hope you like!

Regards

#952 5 years ago

I've had my machine for 20 years this July. All of a sudden, I am getting stuck balls behind the upper flipper. I bet others have had fixes for this.

It usually happens during a multiball.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

Does anyone have an original topper
They would like to sell? Please DM me. Thx!

I have one. Sent you a message a few days ago.

Dan

#954 5 years ago

...and my last custom card printed:

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20%20Free%20Play%20print3.jpg

Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Free Play print1.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Free Play print1.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Free Play print2.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Free Play print2.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card  Free Play print3.JPGGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card Free Play print3.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can check my original design for "Gun´s & Roses Free Play Pinball Card" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/19#post-4585924

I hope you like!

Regards

1 week later
#955 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to source a set of playfield plastics? I'm in Australia and pinball parts are no in great supply down here. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Tanks in advance Dave

1 week later
#956 5 years ago

While playing this morning, my DMD went the display version screen and has been flashing only that since..

Attract sounds play and I can play the game normally, but no other graphics are happening on the dmd

This may be my first real troubleshooting with this game, any suggestions

20181101_093655 (resized).jpg20181101_093655 (resized).jpg
#957 5 years ago

Mine has done this as well; check for loose connections/reseat cables/connectors. Give the head a good "thunk" and see if it corrects it; if so, probably a loose connection somewhere.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Mine has done this as well; check for loose connections/reseat cables/connectors. Give the head a good "thunk" and see if it corrects it; if so, probably a loose connection somewhere.

Yup... the old wiggle the wires til it works trick fixed it. It momentarily came back on itself, I started to play and it went back out. I had initially reseated the connectors on the DMD, but touched around the main board and harnesses. Unfortunately I didn't notice what worked...

I had seen this happen intermittently occasionally during play, but never gave it much thought as it always came back on

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Yup... the old wiggle the wires til it works trick fixed it. It momentarily came back on itself, I started to play and it went back out. I had initially reseated the connectors on the DMD, but touched around the main board and harnesses. Unfortunately I didn't notice what worked...
I had seen this happen intermittently occasionally during play, but never gave it much thought as it always came back on

Probably need a new ribbon cable or you have cracked solder joints on the connector pins.

#960 5 years ago

For those in the know... The first part of the boot sequence automatically
display the DMD software version and date... then the DMD goes into stand by mode.
The DMD is waiting for commands from the CPU.
The CPU and DMD have a "hand shake" acknowledge type relationship.
If any part of communication is not right, the DMD stops.

1 week later
#961 5 years ago

Since I got mine, I have been asked numerous times what the original price was. I have been saying about $1700, but don't know where I got that number from. Anyone have a delivery order or original reciept?

2 weeks later
#962 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to get out of the club, let me know, I want to buy a GNR pinball machine, Thanks!

#963 5 years ago

Since it’s been slow lately.....

I hit my first Riot mode the other day! Hadn’t even lit the light before. Had the upper flipper working nice for powering a few guitar modes. I can reliably add band members with the right flipper, but I just can get a consistent hit into the guitar.

Anyways I was so ecstatic to get into riot mode, but I didn’t fully get to read the DMD to see what the strategy was with the big multiball going. I heard Axl yell out Roit a few times, but missed what I did to get that. The manual doesn’t say much about what the strategy is to light the riot jackpot.

With the extra ball I finished with 1.8 billion after the riot mode, but I hit the extra ball buyin button to see what how high I could get, but ended the game after ball 5 with just under 2.1B

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

If anyone is looking to get out of the club, let me know, I want to buy a GNR pinball machine

NEVER!! ha ha. Seriously though, GNR is the one game in my collection I'll never get rid of. It's just so awesome to play. I looked for about 5 years before finding mine and had to drive 6 hours to get it. I've looked on the Minneapolis Craig's List literally every day for 7 years and have only seen one GNR ever listed for sale (and it went immediately). Best of luck with your search and I hope you find a nice one.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

NEVER!! ha ha. Seriously though, GNR is the one game in my collection I'll never get rid of. It's just so awesome to play. Best of luck with your search and I hope you find a nice one.

#metoo

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

While playing this morning, my DMD went the display version screen and has been flashing only that since..
Attract sounds play and I can play the game normally, but no other graphics are happening on the dmd
This may be my first real troubleshooting with this game, any suggestions
[quoted image]

Replace the two pin IDC connector on the display driver board that mounts to the back of the DMD. I had the same problem on a Royal Rumble and that was the fix.

1 week later
#967 5 years ago

Just joined the club, this one is gonna need some TLC, but since I just took a DESW down to the PF, this one will be a little easier as it’s basically similar components. Gonna go nice next to my KISS 78

8B54ECEF-AB3E-4A1E-A552-E3C35A8B42D9 (resized).jpeg8B54ECEF-AB3E-4A1E-A552-E3C35A8B42D9 (resized).jpeg
#968 5 years ago

Had to clean up the bottom of this puppy, was a little water damaged

0328DC0F-9551-4102-9CEC-4B4BAA665EA4 (resized).jpeg0328DC0F-9551-4102-9CEC-4B4BAA665EA4 (resized).jpeg
#969 5 years ago

Looks like the recommended sealant for MDF is this. It doesn’t expand the wood like other clear coats do

EA45B387-4E9F-4465-AB28-A8AF701958BC (resized).pngEA45B387-4E9F-4465-AB28-A8AF701958BC (resized).png
#970 5 years ago

Hello guys,

I have created an electronic ball trough sensor board for my Jurassic Park. I've got a hint, that most probably it will work in GNR as well.
If you are interested, please check my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/96#post-4743040

c775ffceab2f737d7a4bf39ebd43b4d097b9a939.gifc775ffceab2f737d7a4bf39ebd43b4d097b9a939.gif
#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello guys,
I have created an electronic ball trough sensor board for my Jurassic Park. I've got a hint, that most probably it will work in GNR as well.

please share more, this looks awesom

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

please share more, this looks awesom

More? Here is the GNR design

a3ee2cac3d51b8680f7eb3728107b98d3ac5d4fb (resized).jpga3ee2cac3d51b8680f7eb3728107b98d3ac5d4fb (resized).jpg
#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

More? Here is the GNR design [quoted image]

Amazing. Will this prevent more than one ball from entering the shooter lane and getting stuck ?

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Amazing. Will this prevent more than one ball from entering the shooter lane and getting stuck ?

I think that issue is linked to switches at shooter lane and/or kickout area.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Probably not. The game would need a switch at the top of the ball launch habitrail letting the game know the ball cleared, and is ok to launch another ball. Design flaw.

#976 5 years ago

Does anyone have an extra set of slingshot plastics and plastics that go on top of the lane guides. All 4 of my plastics are messed up. Thanks

#977 5 years ago

Question, are the original rubbers in this game all black? I see a lot of machines with black with red flippers and bumper posts.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Does anyone have an extra set of slingshot plastics and plastics that go on top of the lane guides. All 4 of my plastics are messed up. Thanks

I’ve got a spare set of slingshot plastics but they are used

#979 5 years ago

Tony check this site out if your looking for
new plastics. complete set. They do excellent work. I bought a few backglasses from there.

https://classicplayfields.com/product-category/pinball-plastics/page/3/

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Tony check this site out if your looking for
new plastics. complete set. They do excellent work. I bought a few backglasses from there.
https://classicplayfields.com/product-category/pinball-plastics/page/3/

Year end sale, until 1st of January

PLASTICS SETS - 25% OFF

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-web-site-year-end-flash-sale#post-4757712

#981 5 years ago

Just ordered. That’s a smokin deal! Thanks guys

1 week later
#982 5 years ago

Just had an issue occurred last night with my DK power tap and 1 of the 2, 2amp fuses blowing. I've had the same mods installed on my Guns N Roses for over 2 years and it suddenly it caused the fuse to blow on the power tap. I have at least isolated which mod apparently is causing it to blow (my undercabinet LED strip lighting). My question is can I increase the fuse ratings tomaccomodate a higher amperage?

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just had an issue occurred last night with my DK power tap and 1 of the 2, 2amp fuses blowing. I've had the same mods installed on my Guns N Roses for over 2 years and it suddenly it caused the fuse to blow on the power tap. I have at least isolated which mod apparently is causing it to blow (my undercabinet LED strip lighting). My question is can I increase the fuse ratings tomaccomodate a higher amperage?

That won’t work. If you are looking for a more steady/solid power supply try Xpin. They make great ones which will acclimate extras like ColorDMDs, Pinsounds, mods, etc. They also have great support so you can ask this question for what power load you are trying to accomplish

#984 5 years ago

Also, your mod may have failed and might be shorting. Separate it and test it outside the Pin power supply with an external PS to be sure it’s not the problem first

#985 5 years ago

Does anybody happen to know the difference between these 2 extra ball buttons?

The original GNR/Data East extra ball button is:

500-5779-07 http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=840

The Williams/Bally extra ball button is:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-orange-extra-ball-button-assembly.html

The GNR is never in stock (unless somebody knows where) and wondering if there is any difference. The text looks a little different, but cant tell the difference (if any) other than this.

GNR_ExtraBall (resized).jpgGNR_ExtraBall (resized).jpgWilliams-Bally_ExtraBall (resized).jpgWilliams-Bally_ExtraBall (resized).jpg
#986 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That won’t work. If you are looking for a more steady/solid power supply try Xpin. They make great ones which will acclimate extras like ColorDMDs, Pinsounds, mods, etc. They also have great support so you can ask this question for what power load you are trying to accomplish

I did see the DE5047 board but I'm not sure that would help from what i can see as it talks about 5v but im using 12v mods in my case. Also there doesn't appear to be any splitting power to connect mods to which is where the DK splitter comes in. What is the benefit to changing the board does it offer additional stress free power? I did isolate that it's likely my undercabinet Led strips with leg lights that is apparently drawing too much current suddenly as the 3 splits off the board include backboard GNR sign, EL lighting for ramps, and the undercab. Right now ramps and backboard sign work fine without undercabinet LEDs hooked up.

#987 5 years ago

Fellow GnR owners, I need a quick photo from you on the R ramp. My micro switch at the R ramp entry has a broken wire. I 'think' I know where the green wire goes, but I would like confirmation. Can someone please post a pic of the wiring of the micro switch on your R ramp entry. Thanks fellow GnR owners!

GNR_R_Ramp Switch (resized).jpgGNR_R_Ramp Switch (resized).jpg
#988 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Fellow GnR owners, I need a quick photo from you on the R ramp. My micro switch at the R ramp entry has a broken wire. I 'think' I know where the green wire goes, but I would like confirmation. Can someone please post a pic of the wiring of the micro switch on your R ramp entry.

gnr_r_switch.jpggnr_r_switch.jpg

#989 5 years ago

Thanks @blackjacker! Appreciate the help!

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I did see the DE5047 board but I'm not sure that would help from what i can see as it talks about 5v but im using 12v mods in my case. Also there doesn't appear to be any splitting power to connect mods to which is where the DK splitter comes in. What is the benefit to changing the board does it offer additional stress free power? I did isolate that it's likely my undercabinet Led strips with leg lights that is apparently drawing too much current suddenly as the 3 splits off the board include backboard GNR sign, EL lighting for ramps, and the undercab. Right now ramps and backboard sign work fine without undercabinet LEDs hooked up.

Hit up Brett with any Xpin questions, he will have answers.

Brett Davis
[email protected]

#991 5 years ago

Anybody have a GNR speaker grill assembly for sale? I’ve been told in order to install the ColorDMD you need to modify the grill and not looking to hack my original. DM me if you have one. Thx

952D8FF8-EF4D-4A2B-B74C-6CEE0BB74761 (resized).jpeg952D8FF8-EF4D-4A2B-B74C-6CEE0BB74761 (resized).jpeg
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody have a GNR speaker grill assembly for sale? I’ve been told in order to install the ColorDMD you need to modify the grill and not looking to hack my original. DM me if you have one. Thx[quoted image]

I installed led color dmd and I believe just had to cut off 2 screws, no big deal. You will love the color.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I installed led color dmd and I believe just had to cut off 2 screws, no big deal. You will love the color.

Use external power supply or right from game ?

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

installed led color dmd and I believe just had to cut off 2 screws, no big deal. You will love the color.

I did the same thing. 2 posts went away and the DMD rocked! Power was from the game!

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I did the same thing. 2 posts went away and the DMD rocked! Power was from the game!

Ok cool. Thanks. Will be upgrading in the future.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Ok, sounds basic. They made it sound like a major overhaul. Still would like to get another grill so I can swap them out tho. Thanks for the info

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, sounds basic. They made it sound like a major overhaul. Still would like to get another grill so I can swap them out tho. Thanks for the info

Are you talking about the silver speaker grill with the rose on it or blank? You can find blank grills easily.

I've been looking for a rose grill for a couple years now.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I've been looking for a rose grill for a couple years now.

I’ve seen one recently for sale; Check Marco (I think that’s where I found it) or Pinball Life.

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ve seen one recently for sale; Check Marco (I think that’s where I found it) or Pinball Life.

Yeah Marcos is out of stock, Pinball life doesn’t carry them either. The places I’ve seen only sell the printed glass cover as well. If you do see a full assembly, let me know. Thx

#1000 5 years ago

Post nr.1000!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.