(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Since I installed a new axl cliffy, 90 percent of the kickouts go sdtm anybody else have this issue and know how to mitigate it?? thanks you in advance.

Loosen the kick out and adjust. Tighten and test.

2 weeks later
#902 5 years ago

I just started to work in several custom pinball cards, among them Guns´n Roses. I hope you like!

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome! You dare!

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (DATA EAST). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (DATA EAST). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card- Rules. Mikonos1.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card- Rules. Mikonos1.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card- Rules. Mikonos2.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card- Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Shouldn't the trap door trigger when the multi ball is lit or Snake pit is triggered before even the ball hitting the ramp?

I have the same issue. Ramp exit switch functions. Trip door doesn't open. No loose connections. Was working fine and just gave out.

#904 5 years ago

I'm working on someone else's G&R. It rules.

Does anyone have a bulb list? I'd like to do an LED conversion but get comets. Also, anybody done anything cool with titans?

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm working on someone else's G&R. It rules.
Does anyone have a bulb list? I'd like to do an LED conversion but get comets. Also, anybody done anything cool with titans?

Just count the sockets, and make your own list. Takes about 30 mins.

I converted my flipper rubbers to titans, and will do the rest when the game is shopped next.

#906 5 years ago

Anyone need a translite?

ebay.com link: 0

#907 5 years ago

And my "Free Play" card here:

"Guns´n Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guns%20and%20Roses%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Guns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgGuns and Roses Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#908 5 years ago

Hey guys and gals,

I believe I'm likely the newest GnR member here. I picked up my pin this week. I bought the one that was recently for sale

20180913_141545 (resized).jpg20180913_141545 (resized).jpg

This is my first Pinball purchase, so I’m a newb to a lot of the terminology, but learning quickly. I come from a classic car background, so I’m good with reading diagrams, and learning repairs. First of all, Scott Cherven, who I bought it from was fantastic to deal with. His ad on pinside was represented well and accurate. Buy with confidence if you happen to deal with him. Archived ad link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-in-south-glens-falls-ny-12803-gnr

I have been playing steadily since yesterday and love it. I have wanted this machine since I used to play it at a local baseball card shop when I was younger. Plus I’m a big fan of the band, although I likely credit the game for actually getting me into their music way back when.

As far as playing, Scott mentioned the shooter ramp can hang up on launching, and have been seeing that regularly now with balls and Multi-balls. I read through the thread once, but can’t remember if their is a common fix, adjustment or upgrade. Some paint wear on the metal shows where the ball seems to encounter its resistance.
20180914_092930 (resized).jpg20180914_092930 (resized).jpg20180914_092946 (resized).jpg20180914_092946 (resized).jpg

The only other thing I have noticed so far is, I can’t really tell if my magnets are working. I see the light on during multi-balls, but haven’t noticed any movement on the play field of the balls going over them. Fuses were intact when I set it back up. I’m also ordering new pinballs as well. Planning on the pinlife carbon core balls.

It came with a manual copy that I have been trying to digest as well, but is there a way to turn on all the lights at once to see if any are blown out, or do you just need to notice they are out? I really like the classic lighting on this and am in no rush to change over anything to LEDs, but are there partial upgrades or problem bulb locations that are just worth dealing with only once, how about heat damage or fading on the translight?

The play field is really in nice shape and had all rubber done recently and drop targets replaced. I don’t think it’s been cleaned and waxed in a long time however. Before I go pouring through cleaning threads, is there any specific techniques to this game to watch out for? It came with an unused topper, but I’ll likely keep it in the box.

Does serial number tell anything more about its history or production facts?

20180914_091733 (resized).jpg20180914_091733 (resized).jpg
#909 5 years ago

Congrats on the GNR purchase! Start saving some money for the upcoming Jersey Jack version in a couple years (as rumor has it...).

#910 5 years ago

Is this the Data East club or JJP game number 7 club ?

#911 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Is this the Data East club or JJP game number 7 club ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#912 5 years ago

really that would be cool from JJp. Now is this going to drive down the value of data easts G N R. Hope not. would like to know what the going price on a G N R ?thanks

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

really that would be cool from JJp. Now is this going to drive down the value of data easts G N R. Hope not. would like to know what the going price on a G N R ?thanks

Nice ones go for $5k and up. It's basically Data East's Medieval Madness. Even if JJP does make another GNR pin, I don't think it will affect the value of the original very much. It's not the same as the remakes that Chicago Gaming is churning out. The JJP version will be a completely different game.

#914 5 years ago

Thanks Gweempose for your Insight on this. Good to know. I want my G N R to hold its value since it is a low production game. I love it soo much I couldnt part with it. I own a Bally Kiss. was worried when Stern released Kiss pinball how it would effect the value. paid alot for Bally kiss. But the Stern Kiss is alot more fun.

#915 5 years ago

The coil on my ball plunger has gotten progressively weaker to the point where recently balls will back up in the shooter lane during multi ball.
Anybody know a source for a rebuild kit for this?
Or suggestions on what to do (clean and replace the sleeve?).
Ive never taken it apart and looked at it and just wanted to hear people suggestions before I delve into it.

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The coil on my ball plunger has gotten progressively weaker to the point where recently balls will back up in the shooter lane during multi ball.
Ive never taken it apart and looked at it and just wanted to hear people suggestions before I delve into it.

That’s my current intermittent problem too. Had a 6 ball multi and it backed up 3 in the lane... dead in the water, all I could do was take off the glass and drain them. Is there an adjustment? It looks like sometimes it’ll launch the balls off the ramp instead of rolling them up it.

#917 5 years ago

Got a chance to play this today for the first time! Was suprised how much I liked it! I'm not a data east fan to being with.
I will say that the sound quality and the sounds when hitting the ramps was horrendous ! Thinking this game would be great with pinsound installed.

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thinking this game would be great with pinsound installed.

It's phenomenal with Pinsound!

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

can you post a video of this?

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I second that. Just installed mine last week. Unbelievable upgrade.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

change coil sleeve first, then make sure plunger is hitting ball square.

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Hey guys and gals,
I believe I'm likely the newest GnR member here. I picked up my pin this week. I bought the one that was recently for sale
[quoted image]
This is my first Pinball purchase, so I’m a newb to a lot of the terminology, but learning quickly. I come from a classic car background, so I’m good with reading diagrams, and learning repairs. First of all, Scott Cherven, who I bought it from was fantastic to deal with. His ad on pinside was represented well and accurate. Buy with confidence if you happen to deal with him. Archived ad link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-in-south-glens-falls-ny-12803-gnr
I have been playing steadily since yesterday and love it. I have wanted this machine since I used to play it at a local baseball card shop when I was younger. Plus I’m a big fan of the band, although I likely credit the game for actually getting me into their music way back when.
As far as playing, Scott mentioned the shooter ramp can hang up on launching, and have been seeing that regularly now with balls and Multi-balls. I read through the thread once, but can’t remember if their is a common fix, adjustment or upgrade. Some paint wear on the metal shows where the ball seems to encounter its resistance.
[quoted image][quoted image]
The only other thing I have noticed so far is, I can’t really tell if my magnets are working. I see the light on during multi-balls, but haven’t noticed any movement on the play field of the balls going over them. Fuses were intact when I set it back up. I’m also ordering new pinballs as well. Planning on the pinlife carbon core balls.
It came with a manual copy that I have been trying to digest as well, but is there a way to turn on all the lights at once to see if any are blown out, or do you just need to notice they are out? I really like the classic lighting on this and am in no rush to change over anything to LEDs, but are there partial upgrades or problem bulb locations that are just worth dealing with only once, how about heat damage or fading on the translight?
The play field is really in nice shape and had all rubber done recently and drop targets replaced. I don’t think it’s been cleaned and waxed in a long time however. Before I go pouring through cleaning threads, is there any specific techniques to this game to watch out for? It came with an unused topper, but I’ll likely keep it in the box.
Does serial number tell anything more about its history or production facts?[quoted image]

you'll know if they are working, check fuses underneath playfield.

#923 5 years ago

When you are in the magnet test, you will hear them working. They have a very specific sound.

For those with the launch issue, have you checked IMDb.org? There is a service bulletin that you may need to do.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

When you are in the magnet test, you will hear them working. They have a very specific sound.
For those with the launch issue, have you checked IMDb.org? There is a service bulletin that you may need to do.

Fuses looked good. How do I get to the magnet test? I stumbled on the speaker tests, magnet test once, but when going through the diagnostics all I seem to always get is Audits and Adjustments.

Is there another fuse somewhere else on another board or do the magnets and components go bad?

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Mine looks like it has has the shooter ramp service bulletin done already. 2 observations, where the paint is worn on the wire form, it looks like I may need to sand, smooth and wax those spots. Also where the ball enters the wire, like the bulletin says it's all the way forward, but it looks like it could be raised washer width or so. That would also lower the pitch it has to launch. Has anyone tried spacing the front mounting point up?

How do you know what size coil sleeve to get?

#926 5 years ago

a couple of new balls

DSC_0002 (1985 x 1320) (resized).jpgDSC_0002 (1985 x 1320) (resized).jpg
#927 5 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

a couple of new balls

I don't remember ever having admired another mans balls as much

#928 5 years ago

I have just got my second G&R and I wonder if someone could answer a question for me.

Both games had the later wireforms on but on my previous G&R when you launched the ball it would stop at the top and roll thorough the roll overs to the pops but on my new one it fires all the way round to the upper flipper, which is correct?

#929 5 years ago

Nice balls indeed, source?

I hate being new here... can’t edit my earlier posts after an hour. I found the diagnostic functions. There is no sound when I did magnet test. Oddly enough, there is nothing about the magnets, part numbers or schematics in the manual. Is there a separate guide? Same goes for fuse size.

Also on the auto launch coil, there is no sleeve listed as a part number. Is the standard 1 3/4” sleeve still appropriate or do you just have to change the whole coil?

I found this suggestion in the following thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-coil-is-stronger-gnr-launch-problem#postbox

Hi , I had this problem and have fixed it after I remember reading one persons idea.
The ramp end closest to the plunger has 2 bolts going through the playfield to secure the ramp in place. Undo the nuts and allow the 2 rails to be higher on the top of the playfield. You may need to push the ramp up from the bottom of the playfield. ( This effectively allows the ramp to start earlier so the ball rides the rails earlier.)
Such a simple fix but why I didn't do it earlier and persisted with the shooter plunger , the wire switch etc etc I'll never know. It gets up the ramp everytime now.

Do people use leg protectors on their machines? Metal or felt?

#930 5 years ago

Manuals will list coil sleeve size, and how to get through the menu. If you haven't got a manual, get one. They are very useful tools.

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I have just got my second G&R and I wonder if someone could answer a question for me.
Both games had the later wireforms on but on my previous G&R when you launched the ball it would stop at the top and roll thorough the roll overs to the pops but on my new one it fires all the way round to the upper flipper, which is correct?

Both. The style that feeds the upper flipper is Rev 3, the chrome style launch ramp that feeds the rollovers is Rv 2.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Both. The style that feeds the upper flipper is Rev 3, the chrome style launch ramp that feeds the rollovers is Rv 2.

I’ve had this machine for 10 years and did not know that. Is there one that’s preferred or one that is more common?
Mine feeds the pop bumpers.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve had this machine for 10 years and did not know that. Is there one that’s preferred or one that is more common?

I like the rev 1 and rev 2, others like rev 3. It's all up to you.

I think that rev 2 is the most common, with the original (rev 1) in the middle and rev 3 being least common, but I have no proof.

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I like revision one, but they can be a pain to get and keep the adjustment to work reliably. The guy I bought mine from set it perfect. I want to set the pitch of my machine steeper, but it breaks the adjustment, and I don’t want to lose what I have now. Lol

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I like revision one, but they can be a pain to get and keep the adjustment to work reliably. The guy I bought mine from set it perfect. I want to set the pitch of my machine steeper, but it breaks the adjustment, and I don’t want to lose what I have now. Lol

I have rev 2, and have been very lucky. Only time it ever jammed was at PAGG years ago, and it only happened once. Hasn't happened ever again. Mine hasn't been drilled for the service update either.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It's a design flaw and why Data East had 3 revisions - see this service bulletin - http://www.myhomegameroom.com/pinball/gunsnroses/images/servicebulletins/sb63.pdf
Someone mentioned in another thread (or maybe this one) a long time ago that they should have put a switch in to clear the lane before it launches another ball - which would have been brilliant. I have version one and don't have very many issues anymore. Just make sure your game is level and adjust the drop wire form ramp with flat washers underneath both screws until you get it right. it takes trial and error - When i moved a couple years ago I had to start all over. Frustrating but you can get there with some patience. The balls getting stuck is also the reason the previous owner put it up for sale.

the revision 2 and 3 ramps are hard to find but come up for sale from time to time and are very expensive from what i have seen - last one I saw on eBay was like $600 !!!

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

I own a Bally Kiss. was worried when Stern released Kiss pinball how it would effect the value. paid alot for Bally kiss.

If anything, I believe a second game will make the original more sought after. I own the Bally and Stern KISS -they look great next to each other. And I'll for sure be buying my first Jersey Jack game when the new GNR is released. You watch -the DE GNR's will keep going up in value!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#939 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

If anything, I believe a second game will make the original more sought after. I own the Bally and Stern KISS -they look great next to each other. And I'll for sure be buying my first Jersey Jack game when the new GNR is released. You watch -the DE GNR's will keep going up in value!
[quoted image]

Awesome, I will put new next to old as well.

#940 5 years ago

Thanks MinneapolisPin for sharing that Piece. thats Awesome! can't wait to see a New G N R Pinball.

#941 5 years ago

So I did some maintenance on my GnR the other day. New pinballs look surprisingly shiny on the playfield. I Novus 1 the playfield where I could reach, I used cotton gun cleaning squares. Those seemed like a good fit everywhere. I still need to eventually go back and wax. But I took off a lot of dirt and debris, things look nicer.

Upon closer inspection, the 3 fuses for the magnets were indeed blown. New ones have been working fine. What a love/hate relationship I now have with the magnets! Ecstatic they work and fun to watch the balls redirect, but so many seem to either go SDTM or go visit Michelle. Speaking of Michelle, my 4 year now knows all sorts of new swear words because of her. I hate her and that drain.

I looked at my shooter wireramp. The bulletin had already been done, the legs are all lowered. I did remove the 2 screws under the playfield at the front of the ramp and reinstall them slightly higher, so perhaps the ball hits the ramp sooner. There was some loose paint and scale at the point on the ramp where the hang up usually is, I cleaned off and polished that as best I could too. I wanted to remove the whole ramp but when I tried to remove the nylock nut by the JAM switches, it was just spinning the post out of the playfield, is there a trick I’m missing removing these?

Lastly, I took apart the Autolaunch shooter. It’s a stock coil, 22-600. But strangely the Manuel doesn’t list the sleeve as a part number. I put in a new 1 3/4” sleeve, the old one seemed pretty brittle and pounded out and didn’t realize until after it was a flanged 1 7/8” sleeve. I’ll make a proper one next order or when I can get one. Any problems with that in the meantime? The plunger assembly looked good. I adjusted it as true as I could see when I rescrewed it to the cabinet, but there was some room to aim L-R if needed.

Once it was all back, It seems to be launching better, but still has some hang ups that cause a reshoot, but so far no jammed multi balls. I guess I’ll have to live it.

Other than that I reset all the audits, so I’ll be able to see my own stats from now on. It looks like the Mystery light on the Axl hole is out now, is there any trick to changing that one? I still love this game.

What does the knocker do? I don’t understand what function it has in the cabinet?

#942 5 years ago

Great job digging in to all that stuff. You're on your way!

The shooter coil might benefit from a new plunger. The sleeve is probably the most apt to causing drag, but the plunger on the inside can do the same. Clean the outside of the plunger with some alcohol and replace it if there are any burrs or rough spots. If it's the kind of mech with a linkage, like flipper plungers, wear will eventually create slop in the parts which takes momentum away and can cause problems like the one you're having. Making sure it's centered on the ball both L/R and up down will also help.

As far as your post coming up when you unscrew the lock nut you need either a really skinny wrench (hard to find these days) or a palnut removal tool like the one here (http://pbresource.com/tools.html). There's a small nut on the other side of the plastics attached to the post that's turning when you turn the nut.

The knocker. Yeah what is that thing for out there all by itself?! The knocker is a very elegant mechanism that makes a giant "BANG" noise when you get a free credit by reaching the replay, hitting the special, or getting a match. It can be turned off in the settings if you want, but really as they say "everyone loves knockers".

#943 5 years ago

Thanks for the info above...

Ok 2 steps forward and 1 step sideways....

Now I’m occasionally getting 2 balls put into the shooter lane before the auto launch on non-multi balls. I also notice on drains, sometimes it takes an extra second or 2 for the game to register. Likely connected from a ball roller switch in the 6 ball assembly or elsewhere in the launch assembly? Looking at those switches is there any way to service them in place or test voltage and replace as needed? I don’t see a place to clean or access the contact. The switches test in diagnostic mode

Putting together another pinlife order with more various parts, just want to order as much as I need (this time). I did manage to fix a lazy pop bumper, and am getting a burnisher to go over as much else as I can reach next time I have the playfield up. Is any spray contact cleaner safe for plastics and under playfield wood? De-oxit or other electrical parts cleaner

I also need to replace the white ‘shoot again’ bulb cover. Looks like pinlife doesnt carry white. I’m going to call, but does anyone have one they could spare. Also can someone give me the crib notes on lighting... I have read through various threads. I found a 555 and a mix of 44/47 bulbs out, was going to reorder about 30 of each (for spares), and also try a few random LEDs of each. Just getting over saturated with cool/warm and frosted/concave/etc discussions. Not looking to convert the whole thing, but what are good spots that LEDs really pop?

Ok, Axl rant over, thanks for the help

#944 5 years ago

"The ramp end closest to the plunger has 2 bolts going through the playfield to secure the ramp in place. Undo the nuts and allow the 2 rails to be higher on the top of the playfield. You may need to push the ramp up from the bottom of the playfield. ( This effectively allows the ramp to start earlier so the ball rides the rails earlier.)"

Have a few people done this and can show a quick picture of their fix? I can often have a ball get stuck in the shooter lane upon starting the game or with multiball effectively wrecking my game at the time (it keeps trying to shoot the ball but no enough strength to get up the ramp occasionally). I would like to do this fix but want to know what materials I'll need and what I'll be doing specifically.

#945 5 years ago

Your trough switches probably need to be adjusted. This is most easily done with a switch adjustment tool but you can use your fingers or pliers if you really have to. Use the switch test (again) to see what switches are or are not registering in the trough. You can manually push the plunger for the trough kick out with the coin door open during the switch test, drain the ball and see exactly what is going on in the trough and what switches are registering or not. I'm not positive in GNR but most data east games have a switch at the front of the trough that can be too stiff and cause problems. There is a YouTube video of a guy explaining it on his Jurassic park.

#946 5 years ago

I found that the solder joint on the last roller switch to the left, last ball to drain, was cracked and just held loosely against the switch by the plastic tubing. I didn’t have time to resolder it, but I was able to fit it snugly. No repeat problems from earlier after a few games. Also one of the little screws holding that switch on was not only mostly stripped but bent a hair. I’m definitely not the first one in there, but will find a replacement when I get back.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Thanks for the info above...
Ok 2 steps forward and 1 step sideways....
Is any spray contact cleaner safe for plastics and under playfield wood? De-oxit or other electrical parts cleaner

Absolutley NOT - do not spray anything under the playfield.

As far as the the drain not registering - there is a large switch for that - i changed mine few years ago Ill try to remember to check when i get home tonight to see what the part number was

#948 5 years ago

In an ongoing effort to trouble shoot the shooter lane, I had read about an alternative plunger on Action Pinball.

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-6306-2

I hadn't seen any threads where anyone had reported doing it though. It seems the stock plunger is tough to find and much more expensive. I decided to try the other one and see if there were any differences.

First off the weights on them were identical at 1.8oz. Sorry I didnt get a pic of the two side by side. The Lengths were nearly identical. The nylon tip on the new one is smaller and I didnt get a measurement on the difference.
20180928_230524 (resized).jpg20180928_230524 (resized).jpg20180928_230549 (resized).jpg20180928_230549 (resized).jpg

As noted in a previous post, I had swapped out the sleeve with a new, but incorrect one, so that was also corrected with the proper collared sleeve.

The results, it definitely seems to launch well, and more consistently. From my last adjustment, it gets up the wireform quickly, but it still will hang up when entering the ramp occasionally. I think this is not the plunger/coil assembly, but years of wear and impact on the wireform at that spot.

I had also picked up a few LEDs to see if I liked them. I found I didnt like it in any play field bulbs you can see, like by the Slingshots and drains; just looked too white and modern. But I think I do like them in the band member lights. It matched with the brightness coming off the slingshots. These were Cool white Concave 555s. I have matching 44/47 to try. Didnt swap out the Dizzy light, but got the others. Thoughts?
20180930_060115 (resized).jpg20180930_060115 (resized).jpg

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

As far as your post coming up when you unscrew the lock nut you need either a really skinny wrench (hard to find these days) or a palnut removal tool like the one here (http://pbresource.com/tools.html). There's a small nut on the other side of the plastics attached to the post that's turning when you turn the nut.

So I bought one if these, the Marcopinball version of it, but it's too small. It fits the gap nicely, but not the post.

Does anyone know what size wrench to hold the post would be? Where have people found the little wrenches or are you just grinding down one nice and thin. Or what other homemade pinball tools do people have

#950 5 years ago

Does anyone have an original topper
They would like to sell? Please DM me. Thx!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/19?hl=heisman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.