(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 51.
#801 6 years ago

I put my spare GNR VUK up for sale in the marketplace. $250

gnr wireform (resized).jpggnr wireform (resized).jpg

#802 6 years ago

For those having an issue printing JPEG files with the correct scaling, here is a PDF of my custom inserts. Whenever printing PDF, be sure to check the box for "Actual Size" under the "Page Sizing & Handling" on print dialog.

GNR_CoinRejectInserts.pdfGNR_CoinRejectInserts.pdf

1 week later
#804 6 years ago

Does anyone have an awesome pinsound file or recommendation for GNR? I apologize if this is posted somewhere else. I am currently running the file that starts with Back Off B*tch, has welcome to the jungle, but only the beginning, etc. I’m looking for a new file that includes knocking on heavens doors, you could be mine, etc. Is this file out there or could someone help me build it? Gladly pay someone for their efforts. Thanks!

#805 6 years ago

I'm currently having my cabinet and backbox restored, and I figure I might as well do the siderails, lockdown bar and hinges while I'm at it. What color do you guys think looks best on this game? Should I go with a glossy black, or something a bit more exotic?

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Should I go with a glossy black

Yes. No more Christmas Tree GNRs are needed.

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm currently having my cabinet and backbox restored, and I figure I might as well do the siderails, lockdown bar and hinges while I'm at it. What color do you guys think looks best on this game? Should I go with a glossy black, or something a bit more exotic?

Flat black, maybe chrome? I'm not a big fan of the powdercoated stuff with very few exceptions.

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Flat black, maybe chrome? I'm not a big fan of the powdercoated stuff with very few exceptions.

I actually thought about chrome. I think it would look really nice, but it's expensive.

1 month later
#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

On mine the hinges of the G-ramp door touch the wireframe below, so after it opens it gets stuck in the up position. It sounds like yours is doing that but to a lesser degree. My fix is to put in a spacer to lift the G-ramp just enough so the trap door has plenty of clearance to go back down without resistance.

I have an early GNR (black wire forms) and I just can't seem to get the G ramp adjusted correctly. Any chance some good folks could take some photos of how the trap door should be in relation to the wireform below? I have a spacer (a lego. It's embarrassing.) I can't seem to get the ramp high enough to not block the ball. I have photos of my main alignments. I'd be interested in the underside of where your G ramp meets the wire form.

IMG_5821 (resized).JPGIMG_5821 (resized).JPG

IMG_7743 (resized).JPGIMG_7743 (resized).JPG

IMG_8750 (resized).JPGIMG_8750 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#810 6 years ago

Anyone able to say for certain how many songs are actually part of this game?

I'm thinking about buying one and planning on doing a pinsound mix and just want to know what I have to work with?

I think I remember original flyer saying 9 songs.

#811 6 years ago

The Songs featured are
Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City
Nighttrain
Coma
Sweet Child O' Mine
Ain't Going Down
Patience
My Michelle
It's So Easy
So Yes, total of 9 if I'm correct

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The Songs featured are
Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City
Nighttrain
Coma
Sweet Child O' Mine
Ain't Going Down
Patience
My Michelle
It's So Easy
So Yes, total of 9 if I'm correct

Thanks for that!

Just curious for those that have added the pinsound to change some songs. With it being a mode based game does it have any negative effect on game play when swapping?

1 week later
#813 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for that!
Just curious for those that have added the pinsound to change some songs. With it being a mode based game does it have any negative effect on game play when swapping?

I would recommend getting a dedicated power supply to power the pinsound. Otherwise you will hear the sound cut out with volume up to concert levels

#814 6 years ago

Hey GnR pin guys, I purchased a Gnr about a year ago, after been dreaming of getting one for 15 years! it has a pin-sound board and color Dmd.
I have been making some custom soundtracks for game for the last few months. It came with the origional tracks, along with a custom made list of modern tracks all on Wav format copied from another user that can be found on this site. I modified the list of songs and added some of my favs. Then I made a custom list with more of my favorite songs and sound effects. I also made a custom remix of Slash songs with Myles Kennedy on a different USB and another with my favorite artists like Metallica, System of a Down, and 10 or 15 other bands. I downloaded a few programs to convert songs from my itunes playlist to wav format, and another program to edit the lengths of songs to fit the sound effects according to time they play in the game. I even used some sound effects from some of my favorite movies downloaded from wav movie sites online. Each sound that plays during the game is listed in a folder, and if you add multiple songs a single folder it randomly chosses, for example, when the game is over, it mught play “Civil War, November Rain, or Paradise City” I have spent many hours editing and testing, its anever ending process! I also have a sound track for my kids to play! I removed the extra ball button below the start button and flushed mounted a usb for easy switching soundtrack usb sticks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

I also have a sound track for my kids to play! I removed theextra ball button below the start button and flushed mounted a usb for easy switching soundtrck usb sticks!

That's quite clever!

#816 6 years ago

I have had a problem with my multiball magnets, Attached are my metered readings with game on, I have a Great Lakes Modular, magnet board that worked when I got the game, then blew a magnet fuse twice, then stopped funtioning completely about 3 months ago. I also have the origional magnet circuit board, readings are the same with both boards. No voltage reading change when magnets are activated in Diagnostic menu or game play. If any one can check thier board readings or lead me what to check from here I would be forever greatfull!!

9FFDF156-164A-4F23-97F5-78D4B4D9F07A (resized).jpeg9FFDF156-164A-4F23-97F5-78D4B4D9F07A (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#817 6 years ago

I am running reproduction ramps for Guns 'n Roses now. Ramps will be clear PETG dyed transparent red and yellow. Detailed info, pricing and photos can be found in the Freeplay40 Ramps thread starting here.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/18

The G ramp includes new entrance flap and exit bracket. Does not include decal. Trap door mechanism from original ramp will need to be transferred to the new ramp.

The R ramp includes the entrance flap, switch bracket, exit bracket and new clear cover.

Mirco has announced they are currently reproducing the GnR playfield so I thought I would just drop a note here in case anyone is interested now in the new ramps. This is my third run of these and I doubt I will do them again anytime soon.

If you are interested in these let me know right away. I intend to cover everyone that I hear from in the next 10 days or so.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

I have had a problem with my multiball magnets, Attached are my metered readings with game on, I have a Great Lakes Modular, magnet board that worked when I got the game, then blew a magnet fuse twice, then stopped funtioning completely about 3 months ago. I also have the origional magnet circuit board, readings are the same with both boards. No voltage reading change when magnets are activated in Diagnostic menu or game play. If any one can check thier board readings or lead me what to check from here I would be forever greatfull!!

I haven't had time to ck voltages, but I would be suspicious of the 5v being below 5 volts even a little. I'm surprised the CPU even boots at your reading of 4.94v.

I replaced the PS board with a Rottendog brd in mine not long ago and it made a big difference in the magnet response and strength. I was surprised because the 50v supply's the magnets.

#819 6 years ago

Need some ramps. I know the bottom of that G Ramp is probably chipped and hanging on by a thread or less. Freeplay40 is working on them now, so if you need some get in touch with him. He's making Gs and Rs. If you have a GNR, and you aren't hoarding a G ramp or two, you're doing life wrong. If you don't order, someday you'll think back on this post and have a life regret.

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Need some ramps. I know the bottom of that G Ramp is probably chipped and hanging on by a thread or less. freeplay40 is working on them now, so if you need some get in touch with him. He's making Gs and Rs. If you have a GNR, and you aren't hoarding a G ramp or two, you're doing life wrong. If you don't order, someday you'll think back on this post and have a life regret.

Agreed . My g ramp broke and it was nearly impossible to find a replacement. If you do find one they are extremely expensive. Freeplay 40 saved the day. I keep a spare of both ramps . Even if your ramp is good now is the time to stockpile a spare .

#821 6 years ago

The G ramp in my game was not even usable when I picked up my GNR, the front entrance section of the ramp was completely gone/smashed out! I had bought a used one on ebay with cracks and breaks for like $45 that is currently working well, but who knows for how long.

My R ramp is still very usable, but has breaks in the entrance and a glued fix at the end of the ramp. I just bought a red R ramp new on ebay, paying $175 shipped and I thought that was decent, and then two days later (today) freeplay40 announced a rerun sooo G ramp for me for sure. Once the ramps dry up, they are too hard to find so now is definitely the time.

1 week later
#823 6 years ago

I have TWO of these ready to ship.
All wood material, hand cut with attention to detail. Attaches easily to the top with command strips.
The measurements are 11 inches tall, 11 1/4 inches long.

I offered these years ago and can't guarantee more will be made in the future. Maybe I'm biased, but paying $400+ for a flimsy plastic original topper is not my idea of cool. I have one of these on my personal game and love it, as have guests that have seen it.

$110 shipped

thanks, James

62c955d353673b053ff8d701cf0b1e8b8f59fa18 (resized).jpg62c955d353673b053ff8d701cf0b1e8b8f59fa18 (resized).jpg

a4189c65f1616c78f8783222e9b79c978ae7dc98 (resized).jpga4189c65f1616c78f8783222e9b79c978ae7dc98 (resized).jpg

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have TWO of these ready to ship.
All wood material, hand cut with attention to detail. Attaches easily to the top with command strips.
The measurements are 11 inches tall, 11 1/4 inches long.
I offered these years ago and can't guarantee more will be made in the future. Maybe I'm biased, but paying $400+ for a flimsy plastic original topper is not my idea of cool. I have one of these on my personal game and love it, as have guests that have seen it.
$110 shipped
thanks, James

Ship to Canada? this looks great, fair price as well. I have the flimsy one much rather have this one tho

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Ship to Canada? this looks great, fair price as well. I have the flimsy one much rather have this one tho

Sure, just add $5 for shipping, so $115.
If interested, pm me. Thanks, James

#826 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding this to my game. It's a prototype snake and the only one I have ever seen. Looks fantastic!!

20180226_101108[1] (resized).jpg20180226_101108[1] (resized).jpg

20180226_101115[1] (resized).jpg20180226_101115[1] (resized).jpg

20180226_101123[1] (resized).jpg20180226_101123[1] (resized).jpg

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Finally got around to adding this to my game. It's a prototype snake and the only one I have ever seen. Looks fantastic!!

It looks really creepy, I like it!

1 week later
#829 6 years ago

Can someone please show a close up of the sound board? I took out the chips to reflash because of some (I’m guessing) corrupt files and embarrassingly forgot to take a pic. The schematics don’t show on the online manuals either. Just need to know which chips go where please. Thanks!

0A3F5369-C2AF-4C6A-9B32-15E95959B88E (resized).jpeg0A3F5369-C2AF-4C6A-9B32-15E95959B88E (resized).jpeg

#830 6 years ago

here you go!

FA8C72A1-BFE8-4118-B4DD-CF8594A45D45 (resized).jpegFA8C72A1-BFE8-4118-B4DD-CF8594A45D45 (resized).jpeg

#831 6 years ago

so, you went Pinsound too, right?

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

so, you went Pinsound too, right?

LOL ... yeah a couple years ago and honestly i like it but its a pain in the a$$ ... if it weren't for julien42 's preloaded files I would hate it..... last night i download his newest one ("BERSERIK") but still haven't been able to get it to work and have had zero luck trying to customize any ones of my own ... Guess I just dont have the "patience" ... (pun intended ) lol

#833 6 years ago

Perfect. Thanks for the pic of the board. For anyone interested, the music would just cut out on me, but the sound effects would still play. Then when it got to another song it would play again. I reflashed all the EPROMs and did a comparison. 2 of them were corrupt. Everything works now with the magnet board both off and on so if you’re having the same issue here’s the fix. Also doesn’t hurt to sand the legs of the chips either.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

LOL ... yeah a couple years ago and honestly i like it but its a pain in the a$$ ... if it weren't for Julien42 's preloaded files I would hate it..... last night i download his newest one ("BERSERIK") but still haven't been able to get it to work l

So just an update ... I had not been to pin sound.org in over a year and did not realize there was a new firmware update ...after uploading that into my card everything works fine.

#835 6 years ago

Hi,if someone have a spare g ramp for sale,let me know

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Have you contacted Freeplay 40? He was just recently making a new batch of replicas. Hopefully you can get on the list. Originals are very hard to find and expensive.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

better hurry, just got mine last week, already made last call on them. but I think he had a few extras.

1 week later
#838 6 years ago

Thinking about thinning out the collection. I have had this G n R since 2002, It's a very nice example, nice cabinet, unfaded, good playfield and ramps, spare axel plastic, thin cliffy on Axel hole, new Power supply board, Magnets and controller board, display, PowerPro 3 Speaker system, Wooden gun handles from a real Ruger pistol, new translight and PF Glass, Cointaker Led's in inserts and some GI. German reimport with the factory installed external headphone jacks and 2 button volume control below the gun handle.Plays great and no errors.
What do you think it is worth in todays market?

IMG_3643 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3643 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3649 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3649 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3652 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3652 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3650 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3650 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3661 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3661 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3653 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3653 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3639 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_3639 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_3647 (resized).JPGIMG_3647 (resized).JPG
IMG_3642 (resized).JPGIMG_3642 (resized).JPG

IMG_3640 (resized).JPGIMG_3640 (resized).JPG

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from RYSR:

Thinking about thinning out the collection. I have had this G n R since 2002, It's a very nice example, nice cabinet, unfaded, good playfield and ramps, spare axel plastic, thin cliffy on Axel hole, new Power supply board, Magnets and controller board, display, PowerPro 3 Speaker system, Wooden gun handles from a real Ruger pistol, new translight and PF Glass, Cointaker Led's in inserts and some GI. German reimport with the factory installed external headphone jacks and 2 button volume control below the gun handle.Plays great and no errors.
What do you think it is worth in todays market?

I would say somewhere in the ballpark of $5,500 - $6,000. GnR is basically the MM of Data East, and nice ones like yours tend to sell for way more than other DE titles.

#840 6 years ago

Yeah... I too agree $5500-$6000 w/o topper.

Your GnR with the headset volume controls in front is rare. I too had one, but I replaced that GnR with a nicer one (w/o volume controls). I think there were only 100 or so made that way from the factory. Someone in the know, could chime in.

The other thing I really like about yours is... all the black rails. Most GnR's have chrome or a mix of black & chrome. Apparently they had issues with black rails not allowing the ball to be shot into play, all the time. My GnR's has all black, shoots fine and looks good.

Good luck on what ever you decide.

Kerry

#841 6 years ago

Thanks to Gweempose and Kerry Richards for your responses! I had some one interested it and that's exactly what I was valuing it at.

Kerry I received your message about what handle to use for yours, and I though it would be better to answer here so others could reference in the future..

The links you gave me mostly look like manufacture's replacement handles, I don't know what materials they are made of ?

The handles I have on mine are from a Ruger pistol that some one upgraded the grips on and sold the original wooden ones on EBay many years ago. I don't know what the model # was. But if you look at the pictures attached the mounting part of the handle had two obtrusions on the lower part, I had to dig out the wood handles there enough to clear them. Also I had to cut off approx. an eighth of an inch from the front and sides on the top of the handles. So I would advise getting wooden handles to make it easier to shape them.

Rich

IMG_3727 (resized).JPGIMG_3727 (resized).JPG
IMG_3732 (resized).JPGIMG_3732 (resized).JPG
IMG_3740 (resized).JPGIMG_3740 (resized).JPG
IMG_3741 (resized).JPGIMG_3741 (resized).JPG
IMG_3746 (resized).JPGIMG_3746 (resized).JPG
IMG_3728 (resized).JPGIMG_3728 (resized).JPG

#842 6 years ago

Thanks for the info & picts... looks like I'll need to do some fabrication of the grips, to get them installed.

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from RYSR:

Thanks to Gweempose and Kerry Richards for your responses! I had some one interested it and that's exactly what I was valuing it at.
Kerry I received your message about what handle to use for yours, and I though it would be better to answer here so others could reference in the future..
The links you gave me mostly look like manufacture's replacement handles, I don't know what materials they are made of ?
The handles I have on mine are from a Ruger pistol that some one upgraded the grips on and sold the original wooden ones on EBay many years ago. I don't know what the model # was. But if you look at the pictures attached the mounting part of the handle had two obtrusions on the lower part, I had to dig out the wood handles there enough to clear them. Also I had to cut off approx. an eighth of an inch from the front and sides on the top of the handles. So I would advise getting wooden handles to make it easier to shape them.
Rich

I just bought one today for $6k if that helps!

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

Did yours come with original topper?

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

I also paid $6000 for one in great condition and original topper.

#846 6 years ago

i think they are called ruger blackhawk grips. i'll have to double check

#847 6 years ago

There were multiple attempts by DE to fix the ramp issue. (Really, it just needs an exit switch so the game doesn't just load up the ramp.). 3 different types of ramps: 1st version was black. Second version was chrome. Third version was chrome, and also required a different VUK, as the new launch ramp fed into the right loop and went under th r ramp.

There was also a fix to lower one of the mounting holes in the back panel (first two versions only), stronger coil, etc...

#848 6 years ago

Thinking about selling my G N R. Have too many pins and no room. plus G N R is a heavy beast to move. had it all gone over and has brand new G ramp and pinball Pro Speakers. only thing that needs is . I was gonna replace all the bulbs. what price range could sell mine? hasnt been played in 15 yrs. Also has brand new translite. has all new rubbers and a wipe down. what do most of you use to polish your playfield? Heres a few pics. Thanks

IMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_150309_581 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150309_581 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpg

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Did yours come with original topper?

It did not, now I’ll spend my whole life looking for an original topper lol. I prob overpaid for mine by a couple hundred but it was a local pick up so no shipping and owned by a collector. So much fun!

1 week later
#850 6 years ago

Godspeed, you NOS Kruzman-perfected/clearcoated beauty. I'll always love you...

rk_gnr_pf_1.jpgrk_gnr_pf_1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
8,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
PinSound

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/17?hl=heisman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.