(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

anyone else going to see GNR on their upcoming tour?

I'll be at their Minneapolis show in July. Excited to see them after 25+ years! I saw them in Minneapolis, with Soundgarden opening back in 92'. I believe the ticket was only $18! Then I saw them the next year with Metallica and Faith No More at the Metrodome. That ticket was $35 and at the time seemed very expensive.

#702 6 years ago

I'm not even gonna ask what it's costing you this year, or think about what it's gonna cost me. Oh well, I'll worry about it when I'm dead.

I hope they open with either Sweet Child of Mine or Live and Let Die

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My GNR has trouble getting enough power to shoot balls up and onto the playfield during multiball. Several will get stuck in the shooter lane. Any ideas on a fix?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... GnR's back legs should not be jacked up. Page 3 of the manual shows leg leveler adjustments. With your levelers screwed all the way in, your game is at the recommended 6.5 degree pitch.

Every time I see someone having trouble with balls making it up the shooter lane or G ramp, I wonder if they have the back legs jacked up.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

I hope they open with either Sweet Child of Mine or Live and Let Die

It's So Easy has been the opener on this tour; good chance it'll still be so on this leg.

I couldn't imagine something as 'slow' as SCOM as an opener. LALD might technically 'work' as an opener, but I think most ppl would prefer they go the other way and drop it altogether in favor of an original like Locomotive.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My GNR has trouble getting enough power to shoot balls up and onto the playfield during multiball. Several will get stuck in the shooter lane. Any ideas on a fix?

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1100/Data_East_1994_Guns_N_Roses_Service_Bulletin_63_Auto_Launch_Failures_dated_October_4_1994.pdf

#706 6 years ago

Big fan myself
Saw them couple times on this tour
First one was in Vegas when they started, San Diego after
Couple months will see them in Europe

You can say I'm a groupie

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#707 6 years ago

Here the pic of the European headphone plug
Plug you head set in and only get sound via headphone

Let me know any one else has one

#708 6 years ago

Adjusting the ramp according to the service bulletin and a rom update fixes the problem....

Ps im gonna attend the GnR show in Copenhagen.....

#709 6 years ago

I used to have a GnR's with the volume control, in front, under pistol.

When I first saw it and purchased the game, I actually thought some previous owners installed it as a mod. Only later, to discover they (factory) made approx 100 of them.

I've since sold that game and purchased a nicer sample.

#710 6 years ago

Has for the entrance ramp, Data East had the ramp
go under the "R" ramp; As a replacement.

#711 6 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the G ramp trap door sticking in the up position? I can't really see where it's binding. Most parts there are not usually available from common sellers.

On note related to the tour: first time was 88 when they opened for Maiden then in 2012 (basically just Axl), now taking my daughter and my wife to see this tour in August.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Anyone have an issue with the G ramp trap door sticking in the up position? I can't really see where it's binding. Most parts there are not usually available from common sellers.
On note related to the tour: first time was 88 when they opened for Maiden then in 2012 (basically just Axl), now taking my daughter and my wife to see this tour in August.

Make sure the plunger is entering the coil straight. More often than not it isn't straight and binds.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Make sure the plunger is entering the coil straight. More often than not it isn't straight and binds.

This +1. That trap door relies solely on gravity to bring it back down - make sure everything in that that coil/linkage/bracket assembly is as square and 90-degrees to each other as possible.

At one point I added a tiny strip of 1/32" felt tape to the underside of the top of the bracket where the edge of the door hits when it opens - the theory being that if it wasn't jammed all the way up there it'd have less resistance to fight to fall back down. It worked 100%, but during a later shop job I took it off and just made sure the coil assembly was square, and all is still good.

#714 6 years ago

Going to make adjustments this weekend. Thanks to both of you. It seems a pretty simple mech, just when it suddenly stops working and you're making ramp shots on a roll of course.....

#715 6 years ago

Is this a hot mod or stupid mod?

0515172031 (resized).jpg0515172031 (resized).jpg

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

To each their own! If you like it, that is all that matters.

#717 6 years ago

Thanks to dsuperbee and Blackjacker. Trap door is 100%! I have noticed the left bulb on that ramp is quite dim, changed the led with the one next to it, it isn't the bulb. Bulb 55 in the matrix, it works fine in single lamp test, no others are showing this behavior. GNR is my only DE pin, not overly experienced on these yet. I don have the manual handy, trace the wires back to driver board, check along the way? Just odd that it works fine in single lamp mode, but not game/attract mode.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Replacing the gun grips is a solid idea - especially as it's easily revertible if you ever get the crazy idea to sell the machine.

Check the GNR mods thread for some that have been done; I went fully-custom on mine, and some ppl have used replacement Ruger grips.

3 weeks later
#719 6 years ago

For those running a pinsound, what is the best mix and what songs are on it?

Thinking about buying a GNR however I would have to add the pinsound as I can't stand the recordings on the game.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For those running a pinsound, what is the best mix and what songs are on it?

I am somewhat biased, but... mine, of course.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-pinsound-board-from-france/page/2#post-2893482

A year and a half later it's still incomplete, but getting there. Still need to sort out how to handle the Gilby/Dizzy modes, and some of the non-music SFX to work on.

As for what songs are included... a lot of 'em. Some are mode-specific right now (Duff mode = It's So Easy, Axl Multi = One In A Million, Riot = Rocket Queen, etc.) and while you're not in a mode there's probably 7-8 songs that are chosen from randomly.

I think PinSound is a must-buy for GNR. The original audio is such shit - this completely transforms the experience.

#721 6 years ago

Whats up GnR Dudes,

I just purchased my first pinball machine: Guns N Roses! It came fully restored/freshened up, and it has a pinsound board and upgraded pinballpro speaker upgrade. So far the game is amazing, I have played about 100 times in the past week and its just as fun as I remembered it 20 years ago! I have already made my own custom pinsound track list with many changes and can see that it might be a never-ending process!

The custom sound changing options are sweet, however, my game has a few issues. when I turn the master switch off for the game, the sound board stays powered up. ( I can see the red light staying on behind the back display) and it also makes a constant noise floor buzzing sound only heard from the left speaker. If I unplug the games outlet, all power is cut and noises are gone. Is there a different way to power the sound board so it turns off with the switch? And I'm thinking there are other issues with the amp outputs that would cause the floor noise?

I am a car audio installer/sound engineer and have plans to upgrade the speakers and build and enclosure for the sub to keep the sound isolated from the inside of the game and do some high end speaker upgrades, also wondering what kind of power the pinsound board outputs? I will probably input the sound into a processor and high power amplifiers but that's not so important yet, I need to figure out this sound issue first!

Thanks for any input,
-Jaketime81

#722 6 years ago

Need to get a mega speaker... Marty McFly.

#723 6 years ago

Congrats on your first pin purchase. GnR's is an excellent 1st first.

Keep us posted on your progress with issues.

#724 6 years ago

I'll be seeing them in Miami in August!

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I have this same grip mod. It's awesome!

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

when I turn the master switch off for the game, the sound board stays powered up. ( I can see the red light staying on behind the back display) and it also makes a constant noise floor buzzing sound only heard from the left speaker. If I unplug the games outlet, all power is cut and noises are gone. Is there a different way to power the sound board so it turns off with the switch?

Sounds like your PinSound board is powered from a separate power supply plugged into the service outlet.

You have a couple of different options - modify the service outlet (normally always hot) to be switched with the master switch, connect your power supply directly to the master switch (inside that box holding the service outlet) or use the 110V near the coin door (there's a 2-pin connector there for a dollar bill acceptor) to run your power supply. I chose that DBA-power option for mine - works great.

#727 6 years ago

Hoping to pick one of these up. But the guy wants 10,500 Canadian. It's signed by slash and has colour dmd and topper. Couple other upgrades as well. A bit steep. But I want it so bad ! A bit pricey tho?

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Hoping to pick one of these up. But the guy wants 10,500 Canadian. It's signed by slash and has colour dmd and topper. Couple other upgrades as well. A bit steep. But I want it so bad ! A bit pricey tho?

I don't think I have heard of one selling for that much. That is $7873 USD. If it is fully restored, maybe? I think $6k is pretty much the high end on these. If I am wrong, and they are worth more than that, I would think about selling mine to help fund an MMr.

That being said, if it is really nice, and you really want one, they don't come up all that often, and it is a fun game.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Yeah, that's pretty damn high. Maybe if the game was absolutely perfect..

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I've got one with the volume control on the front. It has the German (T ripple)coin slots.
The volume control only works on the headphones, it doesn't have any effect on the cabinet speakers..

1 week later
#731 6 years ago

Ok I just added a pinsound board to mine and am playing with the mixes that have been made...none with sweet child? I want to know how to add songs to it.
I want to have in it
Sweet Child o Mine, Don't Cry, Brownstone, Its so Easy, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain, Night Train, and a few others....

#732 6 years ago

... anyone going to see Guns this year? Ticket prices are insane. I found an old ticket stub from when I saw them back in '91 Use Your Illusion Tour with Skid Row ... $34.

911-GnR-Ticket-1991 (resized).jpg911-GnR-Ticket-1991 (resized).jpg

#733 6 years ago

i went to a GnR concert last week (Copenhagen,Denmark) great 3 hour gig....

saw them for the first time in 93, and again in 2010....last year i saw Axl/DC, great show aswell....

#734 6 years ago

Joined the club the other day! What a fantastic game! I would love to upgrade to leds. How difficult of a process is it? Has colour dmd and upgraded sound already.

IMG_1325 (resized).JPGIMG_1325 (resized).JPG

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Joined the club the other day! What a fantastic game! I would love to upgrade to leds. How difficult of a process is it? Has colour dmd and upgraded sound already.

I see you even have the Slash mod, awesome!

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

How difficult of a process is it? Has colour dmd and upgraded sound already.

I was able to get mine LED'd fairly easy. There are a couple bulbs in the right and left back corners I couldn't get access to from below and the amount of stuff there remove to get access from above is a major pain in the ass.

#737 6 years ago

i have a couple of LED`s in mine ,LED strips in the snake and orange LED in the eyes of the snake, nametag LED thing with a couple of GnR quotes etc

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i have a couple of LED`s in mine ,LED strips in the snake and orange LED in the eyes of the snake, nametag LED thing with a couple of GnR quotes etc
» YouTube video

Looks like you have led under all your your inserts as well ?? Way brighter than my machine

1 week later
#739 6 years ago

Game is looking and playing great!! Has anybody used an led kit for there gnr? Seems I have a couple options, cointaker or pinballbulbs,they both have a few options to choose from...any pointers or examples one might have would be appreciated? . Pinballbulbs example pic looks great but very purple,which might be fine I guess.

IMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1357 (resized).JPG

IMG_1381 (resized).JPGIMG_1381 (resized).JPG

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I have one on mine, it was a German re-import.

Also found someone selling their Ruger wooden gun handles on ebay around 10 years ago. Had to do a little carving on the inside faces and front edge to make them fit, but I like them better than the stock handles.
Rich

IMG_3552 (resized).JPGIMG_3552 (resized).JPG

IMG_3553 (resized).JPGIMG_3553 (resized).JPG

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Game is looking and playing great!! Has anybody used an led kit for there gnr? Seems I have a couple options, cointaker or pinballbulbs,they both have a few options to choose from...any pointers or examples one might have would be appreciated? . Pinballbulbs example pic looks great but very purple,which might be fine I guess.

I have the pinballbulbs kit in mine, and I really like it. Every pbb kit is going to look purple in the pics. They use purple in the spotlights. They use purple instead of white so the spotlights don't wash out the playfield artwork. The purple makes it look really good in person, and I just notice the artwork, not the purple light. Pics of LEDs never do them justice, but the purple hue seen in the pics just doesn't look like that in person.

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have the cointaker kit in mine. No purple... Love it, didn't make any substitutions either. This title looks beautiful with LED's btw. Cool album cover target stickers you got there!

#743 6 years ago

Very pretty,but gonna be nicer with leds! Would love to hide that red axle dong light like I've seen others do.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Very pretty,but gonna be nicer with leds! Would love to hide that red axle dong light like I've seen others do. » YouTube video

Ramp entrance lights should be hidden too, I've seen guys use G'nR belt buckles over them. I ordered a couple off eBay, going to try it. The axle light gets mounted under the plastic?

#745 6 years ago

Cool about the buckles. Post pics when ya get them. And ya. Most machines I've seen have the light under the plastic for axle hole.

#746 6 years ago

I had my machine repaired a while back, and I noticed this post has the wrong hardware when I put a new cover on it. What's correct for this area. All of your photos have a screw on the top and not a quarter inch of exposed threads.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

#747 6 years ago

6/32 acorn nut or nylon nut.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I had my machine repaired a while back, and I noticed this post has the wrong hardware when I put a new cover on it. What's correct for this area. All of your photos have a screw on the top and not a quarter inch of exposed threads.

Mine has what looks like a 530-5057-00 post - untapped with no screw or exposed threads.

1 week later
#749 6 years ago

Hello all, I just got this GnR and everything in column 4(pop bumpers and slings) of the switch matrix is not working. When it goes into ball search everything fires off like it should. I checked voltages at the feed connecter on the CPU and the wire for that column is at 3.21 volts verses 4.42 volts at the other feed wires at that same connecter. I also got the same voltage readings at the pins with the connector off. All the diodes and wires on the string for that column look correct. Any help very much appreciated!

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

everything in column 4(pop bumpers and slings) of the switch matrix is not working

Did you change the transistor? Q52 , 2N3904.
Did you check for shorts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 78.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.