(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 51.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For those using the pinsound how is the gameplay affected if you put some songs in that aren't originally on the game like live and let die or used to love her, you could be mine etc...?
What song list mixes are you running? What ones are featured in the std setup?

Pinsound is a MUST for this table....i'm using the mix that has been created and posted on the Pinsound community. It sounds fantastic with the proper GnR songs blasting out.

#602 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'd put the cab at 6.8/10 has dings and interesting paint touch ups,
playfield 7.5/10 because has a couple small chips and slight raised inserts here or there. Otherwise nice,
plastics were 5/10 with many split and two were missing altogether,
r ramp 9/10,
g ramp 6/10 with a major structure crack at trap door and entrance broken off,
no topper.
Right flipper was intermittently working when I picked it up and seems was an easy fix as I just reflowed the Flipper board connectors and transistors. I also had to clean up some ugly battery leak and am crossing my fingers I got it in time (pics attached).
Thankfully I was able to get a plastic set from someone here for a premium but worth it and g ramp cliffys for the entrance and the trapdoor. Oh and the lockbar paint was bad but I got a new one on order for probably cheaper than mailing out this one for powder coating.
Before and after on the MPU

I vinegar washed it, alcohol wash with a toothbrush cleaning, quick dry electronics washed it, and completed it with compressed air spray to help dry. I won't be plugging it in for a week or so and am crossing my fingers it works as good as it did when I pulled the board.

Good work on the board - hope its ok when you power it back on. Get a remote battery holder fitted though so no leaks happen again

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from andypuk:

Pinsound is a MUST for this table....i'm using the mix that has been created and posted on the Pinsound community. It sounds fantastic with the proper GnR songs blasting out.

When you say proper songs, are you referring to the ones that are already on the game or ones that you wanted to add to the mix?

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Sorry to break the ramp topic here but if there's anyone looking to join this club mine is for sale here in Southern California. Check the marketplace for description and pics

Pm sent

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For those using the pinsound how is the gameplay affected if you put some songs in that aren't originally on the game like live and let die or used to love her, you could be mine etc...?
What song list mixes are you running? What ones are featured in the std setup?

Did swap GnR music with ABBA music for a friend who is an abba fan as a surprise. Callouts Etc remained GnR. Gives an immediate change in feeling to the pin

Pinsound is a real add on for this pin and a great product.

#606 7 years ago

Pinsound is awesome in this pin. Just make sure the power driver is in good working order. I had to replace mine with an xpin board to stop the audio drops.

#607 7 years ago

I added a couple of real big capacitors hooked to the 12V which did the trick for me

No more drops after that

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When you say proper songs, are you referring to the ones that are already on the game or ones that you wanted to add to the mix?

Combination of ones in the game and extra GnR songs (plus using new rips of the songs means much better sound quality than the stock ones)

#609 7 years ago

The Pinsound board is great. Really fits the game. I am using the alternate mix provided on the Pinsound message board and love it. Colordmd is a nice addition as well.

#610 7 years ago

I wonder if we could tempt someone like Aurich to design a better Translite. I'd like something featuring the Appetite artwork in some manner I think.

1 week later
#611 7 years ago

Can someone shoot a link on a LED 44/47 lamp that will not flicker in the slings on GnR?

*Edit so far I found these: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

1 week later
#612 7 years ago

Would love to see more info on this. I added another switcher power supply which is dedicated to the Pinsound. Absolutely no issues this way haha

#613 7 years ago

hi!
last weekend I played my guns and everything was fine. an hour later, the game has no sound at all.
where should I look first?
I rebooted the game with no results. Samething with the volume stick.
I have pinsound in it...

thanks!

#614 7 years ago

Can someone snap a pick of their knocker installed and the wiring? I need to install one in mine and theres just two clipped wires there.

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can someone snap a pick of their knocker installed and the wiring? I need to install one in mine and theres just two clipped wires there.

Can't pop mine at the moment, but pics from IPDB and the manual below. Both wires trace back to the PPB - brown to connector J6, violet/gray to J2.

gnr_left_tit.jpggnr_left_tit.jpg

gnr_right_tit.jpggnr_right_tit.jpg

#616 7 years ago

Perfect, thanks!

#617 7 years ago

Knocker installed but it's patheticly quiet. The assembly came with a plastic tipped plunger, shouldn't it be metal? The metal plate it hits is there.

#618 7 years ago

Just joined the club. Immediately put in pin sound, color dmd, Polk audio sub, and alternative translite. Wow! What a game!

Two quick questions: first, I don't have lights on my pop bumpers (they were on when I go the game) and I also have the top column of back glass bulbs come and go (all together). Is there a certain connector a guy should focus on?

Secondly, does anyone have any other audio files besides the couple out on pin sound to download? Just curious.

Thanks.

#619 7 years ago

My pinsound board was delivered today. Is anyone running theirs off the stock power supply board or should I not even bother trying as I have read there are voltage issues without enough juice.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

My pinsound board was delivered today. Is anyone running theirs off the stock power supply board or should I not even bother trying as I have read there are voltage issues without enough juice.

I am running from it. Only added some extra capacitors. Give it a try, you will soon find out if it is OK or not

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

hi!
last weekend I played my guns and everything was fine. an hour later, the game has no sound at all.
where should I look first?
I rebooted the game with no results. Samething with the volume stick.
I have pinsound in it...
thanks!

Bump for Help. Any idea where I should look first? Fuses are goods. Wires are tight. Which led on the pinsound board shoul be ON? I have an orange one...is it ok?
Thsbks!

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Xpin power supply fixedc my cut out problem.

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Bump for Help. Any idea where I should look first? Fuses are goods. Wires are tight. Which led on the pinsound board shoul be ON? I have an orange one...is it ok?
Thsbks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#624 7 years ago

Played a couple games with Pinsond on the original power board. So far so good with the magnets on.

#625 7 years ago

Pinsound helped me reach a new high
20160924_225233 (resized).jpg20160924_225233 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 7 years ago

For those of you that added a switcher supply for pinsound. Would greatly appreciate a "How To" or a list of what from switcher supply to what on pinsound board.
Wife loves this game and want a Happy Life.
Thank You

#627 7 years ago

Thanks.
On my board your Green led is an orange flashing one. It' the "running" led.
Pretty hard to find Help in Pinsound and the Community is not really big and active. I posted here on a new thread hoping someone Will Help me. Thanks MJW

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#628 7 years ago

I recently picked a Gnr that was used for picking. Replaced most missing items. Last thing is the trap door assembly. I have ordered a new coil. I'm missing the coil sleeve(unless it comes with the coil) I have the plunger pin but it broke where the roll pin attaches to the linkage. I am also missing the linkage clamp btw the door and the coil plunger. These parts I am unable to find online. Was thinking of machining my own. Anyone been down this street before?

2 weeks later
#629 7 years ago

For anyone needing Guns N Roses artwork, it's here:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/guns-n-roses-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#630 7 years ago

Mark freeplay40's ramps are in and they are great!

20161101_102133 (resized).jpg20161101_102133 (resized).jpg

20161101_102141 (resized).jpg20161101_102141 (resized).jpg

20161101_102145 (resized).jpg20161101_102145 (resized).jpg

20161101_102217 (resized).jpg20161101_102217 (resized).jpg

20161101_102202 (resized).jpg20161101_102202 (resized).jpg

20161101_102210 (resized).jpg20161101_102210 (resized).jpg

#631 7 years ago

Anyone ever figure out where the "Snake Jackpot" plastic from Pinbits is supposed to get installed?

gnrmirror (resized).jpggnrmirror (resized).jpg

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Mark freeplay40's ramps are in and they are great!

Are these still available? Fingers and everything else crossed!

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Are these still available? Fingers and everything else crossed!

Yes, he is just now producing them. Shoot him a messag and he will get you set up!

#634 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Anyone ever figure out where the "Snake Jackpot" plastic from Pinbits is supposed to get installed?

There is no spot.

#635 7 years ago

Could owners give me an idea of how difficult this game is to shop? A friend of a friend has one and asked if I could "clean it up and replace the broken rubbers and lights" but I have never really seen one up close to know how much effort a shop job would be in order to give them a price estimate. Since they don't work in their own game I figured I'd do Silicone rings / posts and give them the option to LED it too.

#636 7 years ago

Not sure if this was posted here because it 13 freakin pages of posts, but it's a cool read:

Book Excerpt: Duff McKagan Recalls the Bitter Dispute Over the Guns N' Roses Pinball Machine

http://www.laweekly.com/music/book-excerpt-duff-mckagan-recalls-the-bitter-dispute-over-the-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-5557829

#637 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Could owners give me an idea of how difficult this game is to shop? A friend of a friend has one and asked if I could "clean it up and replace the broken rubbers and lights" but I have never really seen one up close to know how much effort a shop job would be in order to give them a price estimate. Since they don't work in their own game I figured I'd do Silicone rings / posts and give them the option to LED it too.

Easy, only painful area for me was the G-ramp and trap door alignment issues where the door nut hung up on the wireform ramp and took re-adjusting a few times.

#638 7 years ago

Leaving the club this Saturday. Making place for a small project pin (SST) till, hopefully, in February finally my TBL arrives.

Was fun while it lasted

3 weeks later
#639 7 years ago

I joined the GNR club today and got my Grail pin! The game is in excellent condition and plays great with a couple issues I'll get worked out. Can't wait to LED and trick it out! Thanks hisnice

IMG_1924 (resized).PNGIMG_1924 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#640 7 years ago

Anyone that has LED'd their game, I'm looking for ideas. Please share a photo of color schemes you've done. Thanks!

1 week later
#641 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Anyone that has LED'd their game, I'm looking for ideas. Please share a photo of color schemes you've done. Thanks!

Pics make a good guideline but I have yet to see scheme for this game that I like, so even though I tend to use mostly colored bulbs, for this one I'm leaning toward mostly white... just making it brighter than stock goes a long way.

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Cool white for plastics that are mostly blue/green/black/white, warm white for yellow/red/orange plastics. Color match the inserts, except cool white for yellow , warm white (or cool white P, whatever you like) for clear inserts.

It's all personal of course. Some people like to put colors underneath the plastics, some don't.

2 weeks later
#643 7 years ago

I'm babysitting my buddies GnR for him while he's renovating his basement. Thought I'd do a favour for him and shop it out. Going to order a bunch of competition rings from Titan. Is the list in the manual accurate?

Any recommendations for anything else. Going to LED it for him as well.

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'm babysitting my buddies GnR for him while he's renovating his basement. Thought I'd do a favour for him and shop it out. Going to order a bunch of competition rings from Titan. Is the list in the manual accurate?
Any recommendations for anything else. Going to LED it for him as well.

I think the manual is accurate, but I honestly cannot recall. You can always verify as you pull the old rubbers off, write down the size and where it went.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Any recommendations

Well, if you want to experiment add two or one small mini posts to
"D-U-F-F" slingshot kicker. I did it to make the kicker armrest back
to neutral. I placed them on the (back side of the kicker where the
rubber ring is pushing the kicker arm forward ) in order to make
room for the kicker to rest. This "mod" allowed the slingshot
to kick its full range, and thus was able to boot the ball around
at max impact.

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Well, if you want to experiment add two or one small mini posts to
"D-U-F-F" slingshot kicker. I did it to make the kicker armrest back
to neutral. I placed them on the (back side of the kicker where the
rubber ring is pushing the kicker arm forward ) in order to make
room for the kicker to rest. This "mod" allowed the slingshot
to kick its full range, and thus was able to boot the ball around
at max impact.

If you could post a pic, that would be much appreciated!

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

If you could post a pic, that would be much appreciated!

All you are doing is making the rubber ring, stretched across the posts,
wider. In order to give the kicker, more room to function.

2 weeks later
#648 7 years ago

Hope someone can help me out! So, I'm trying to install a pinsound board into my friends GnR. Currently he has Pinball Pro speakers in it with the volume control. Now, it seems to me that whomever installed this cut some wires and now I'm not sure what to do with this.

1st pic, is the cut wires, 2nd pic is when it was connected to CN4 on the sound board, 3rd pic is a close up of the wiring done at the volume control. 3rd pic is , and final pic is of the complete wiring harness coming off the volume control which includes the connector that goes on CN4.

Any advise/guidance would be immensely appreciated. I do have the 2.1 wire kit, but from what I understand, Data East games are already enabled for stero.

Cut wires (resized).JPGCut wires (resized).JPG
Originally Plugged into CN4 (resized).JPGOriginally Plugged into CN4 (resized).JPG
close up volume control (resized).JPGclose up volume control (resized).JPG
Full view (resized).JPGFull view (resized).JPG

#649 7 years ago

My machine has a pinsound board and pinball pro speakers. What are the exact pictures you need from me to help ?

#650 7 years ago

Total pinball sacrilegiousness!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 78.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only/page/13?hl=highwaystarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.