(Topic ID: 94568)

Guns N Roses GNR 12V power for Data East

By DrMark12PA

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm wondering where I can tap into 12V on my GNR pinball to supply the EL wires I'll be using on my ramps. I'm not as familiar with Data East power as I am with Stern and certainly am not an electrician.
Is there an easy way to tap into 12V on this pinball or a source that would be readily accessible?

#3 9 years ago

So I assume a person would have to plug in a power supply to the AC outlet in the game?
Any other ways to wire this with this type of wiring?

#5 9 years ago

I don't know that they have a 6V inverter available or if it would give sufficient power.
I thought most games have 12V throughout the game but I don't have the tech knowledge to know which areas of the game might be 12V.
That would be somewhat silly to have to turn it off and on with the game however...

#6 9 years ago

Crazily enough, I came across this article which details the work actually done on my GNR pinball to add lighting underneath! I'm just wondering if I could tap off of this 12V for my EL wiring in this case.
http://kcpins.com/archives/417

#11 9 years ago

I'll be using basically the same wire that's used in the Tron ramp mods. I did order with Coolights and they already have them fabricated, tested, and said they are really bright with 12V source. I'm just looking to basically highlight the ramps a bit so they stick out slightly. As they come stock, the clear yellow and red just don't stand out as much though better than clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-12v-power-for-data-east?tu=DrMark12PA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.