mygnr_014.JPG
mygnr_013.JPG
mygnr_012.JPG
mygnr_011.JPG
mygnr_010.JPG
mygnr_008.JPG
mygnr_007.JPG
mygnr_006.JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

You want Jesse's GNR? buy it, if you don't....... then don't buy it.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The problem is, you can't fix it. Your greatly undervaluing the value of an original cabinet over one that was decalled (when it wasn't originally). The second you redecal anything on that cabinet, you just made it worse.
For me buying games, if it was originally screened, and has been redecalled, that's an Immediate 2k decrease in value for me. You can't go back to original. I value nice original with little scratch here or there, way over a perfect decal job. (again, for games that had quality cabinets to begin with).

All a matter of preferance. Some people like all original, even if it doesn't look perfect, some people prefer bling. I'm of the later crowd and would pay more a perfect looking cabnit with a nice decal job than for a faded original cabnit with some scuffs. That's just me . . . I'd also make a classic car blue tooth compatible and give it hook ups for my iPod, which the "true collectors" would say is insanly stupid . . . but if it is for you and you don't plan on reselling it (or don't care about the resell value) do with it what you want.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

You want Jesse's GNR? buy it, if you don't....... then don't buy it.

my point exactly

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

All a matter of preferance. Some people like all original, even if it doesn't look perfect, some people prefer bling. I'm of the later crowd and would pay more a perfect looking cabnit with a nice decal job than for a faded original cabnit with some scuffs. That's just me . . . I'd also make a classic car blue tooth compatible and give it hook ups for my iPod, which the "true collectors" would say is insanly stupid . . . but if it is for you and you don't plan on reselling it (or don't care about the resell value) do with it what you want.

You must not have a lot of experience with decals then. because now you get problems like leg crinkle, and if a feather blows next to it, it will put a huge scratch in the cabinet. You now have the durability of a 90 year old grandma. Have a cat that jumps up on your games? Forget it if you have decals. One short jump and the back feet claws even graze it, they are trashed. You don't realize how important original screened art is, until you see how fragile and shitty cabinet decals are.

#56 11 years ago

Dress it up !! do a video of Yr GNR , It Help's w/ the sale !! A Pinsider bought mine , 3k less tho ..

#57 11 years ago

Why bump something that won't sell for the price asked? How is that woz sale going go bump that too. I guess now I will do what I should have done a week ago add you to ignore because your posts are no longer needed. Might miss out on getting ripped off, oh wait that's a good thing.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You must not have a lot of experience with decals then. because now you get problems like leg crinkle, and if a feather blows next to it, it will put a huge scratch in the cabinet. You now have the durability of a 90 year old grandma. Have a cat that jumps up on your games? Forget it if you have decals. One short jump and the back feet claws even graze it, they are trashed. You don't realize how important original screened art is, until you see how fragile and shitty cabinet decals are.

Actually, you are totally right, I have zero experience with decals. I do know this though, I have two games (Dr. Who and Party Zone) that have original cabs and are faded really bad. What option do I have other than decals for the both of them?

If there is an option better than decals please tell me because I want both of those two games to look stunning (I keep them at my office) and with the fade they don't look all that great.

#59 11 years ago

Decals with a satin clear to finish off?

#60 11 years ago

Wish you were closer.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, you are totally right, I have zero experience with decals. I do know this though, I have two games (Dr. Who and Party Zone) that have original cabs and are faded really bad. What option do I have other than decals for the both of them?
If there is an option better than decals please tell me because I want both of those two games to look stunning (I keep them at my office) and with the fade they don't look all that great.

Actually....

See if anyone local knows how to airbrush. if they are good at it, they can probably touch up both cabs (or at least teach you how.) My DW is badly faded (even the yellows are faded!), and I plan on learning how to airbrush and redo the reds and yellows. There is a page out there of a guy who spray painted his DW (in his living room, no less!)

#62 11 years ago

No way would I airbrush a cab when I could buy the decals...

#63 11 years ago

The price for this pin makes sense once I realized it was a retailer, but then why is a retailer selling a pin on pinside? Isn't that the whole point of having, you know, a retail store?

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

No way would I airbrush a cab when I could buy the decals...

Alright, so now there are two competing opinions of the point from two respected pinsiders. Perhaps this topic should have its own thread...I will make one in a bit.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I can see this thread hitting 200 posts with all the haters!

Not haters, just realists unfortunately. I have being price police and never am, but its a bit high for sure. I see these sell for much much less, but i do wish the seller the best!

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

actually with those two games your SOL, because they dont' even make decals for either. WHen the cab is totally blown out. You really have no other choice. But when you have a nice cab, with 10% fade in a spot or something. The game is more valuable original. When it's blown out piece of crap, it's not going to get worse, so decals are polishing a turd. So it's little nicer, but no way even close as valuable as a nice original would be.

I would take the airbrushing suggestion. Especially Dr.Who. As the reds are usually straight lines and easy to mask off. When you airbrush a cabinet, you seal it in with a satin clear. Will look original. Satin finish is very close to original. So you retain your durability of your cabinet. I think, CH clearcoats his cabinets, then decals, then clears again, to help them retain durability from scratches. Unfortunately, I don't think it will help from leg crinkle over time. Those New metal sterns protectors are a must. I love those things.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually with those two games your SOL, because they dont' even make decals for either. WHen the cab is totally blown out. You really have no other choice. But when you have a nice cab, with 10% fade in a spot or something. The game is more valuable original. When it's blown out piece of crap, it's not going to get worse, so decals are polishing a turd. So it's little nicer, but no way even close as valuable as a nice original would be.
I would take the airbrushing suggestion. Especially Dr.Who. As the reds are usually straight lines and easy to mask off. When you airbrush a cabinet, you seal it in with a satin clear. Will look original. Satin finish is very close to original. So you retain your durability of your cabinet. I think, CH clearcoats his cabinets, then decals, then clears again, to help them retain durability from scratches. Unfortunately, I don't think it will help from leg crinkle over time. Those New metal sterns protectors are a must. I love those things.

Thanks for the tips. I may look for someone to help with the DW. I've never seen DW decals either but they do make them for Party Zone: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/PartyZone_Page.html

#68 11 years ago

Wow let the guy ask what he wants

Quoted from starbase:Why bump something that won't sell for the price asked? How is that woz sale going go bump that too. I guess now I will do what I should have done a week ago add you to ignore because your posts are no longer needed. Might miss out on getting ripped off, oh wait that's a good thing.

WOW let the guy ask what he wants,if you are not interested I say keep it to yourself but I guess everybody needs to bitch about something..... HA HA I just realized the irony in my own post

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Unfortunately, I don't think it will help from leg crinkle over time.

He attaches a rubber substance to the cab, plus a thick felt to the legs. There is 100% perfect way and say a decal will never wrinkle, but I seriously doubt it ever will. Kind of like the Stern metal plates but made of the rubberized material. I believe it is the Pinball Pal stuff, but instead of attaching it to the legs, it is attached to the cabinet itself.

Seems very slim the decal job he did for me will wrinkle. Possible-yes, just seems very, very unlikely.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and if a feather blows next to it, it will put a huge scratch in the cabinet

Depends on where you get them. I had some that you could scratch off will a fingernail, but Darin @ Phoenix Arcades stuff is boss. Check out the video where he uses a coin on his decals. He is the one making the Guns and Roses decals.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You are way over exaggerating just to prove a point. Two thousand dollars less because a game has decals instead of a screen? Never ever heard of anyone lowering the price that much. I agree it lowers the value of a game but not much. Maybe a few hundred, if that. Yes I have bought and sold many games. In case you were wondering.

Also decals are just fine in a home used situation, especially if they were installed correctly. Iv'e never had a wrinkle problem and never had any scratches. I've done many games too. I guess if you like to let you cats scratch on you pins then that's a different situation. Sounds like you need some scene control over your pussy

Iv'e done many decal jobs and every one had turned out fine. I can't say anything about the GNR decals because my GNR cabinet is cherry.

Pappy

#72 11 years ago

pffffttt.

#74 11 years ago

I am shocked that both of these are still available

Post edited by islandpinball : Had to add a smiley

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy cr*p. Had no idea that this pin could bring that kind of money

Any game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at any given time.

FWIW I paid $6500 for my GNR about 3 years ago. Game was local and looked damn near HUO. Perfect cabinet and perfect playfield. Of course, my friend didn't want to sell, so I had to twist his arm a bit.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

FWIW I paid $6500 for my GNR about 3 years ago. Game was local and looked damn near HUO. Perfect cabinet and perfect playfield. Of course, my friend didn't want to sell, so I had to twist his arm a bit.

...and overpay a bit.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and overpay a bit.

Of course I did, but that's my point. A game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay at any given time.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Of course I did, but that's my point. A game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay at any given time.

...of course.

#79 11 years ago

I love the fact that you all jump on JT's shit for this but don't bother to go do the same in his WOZ thread.

#80 11 years ago

That is a more exciting way to bump a thread than just saying the rather boring "bump".

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

He attaches a rubber substance to the cab, plus a thick felt to the legs. There is 100% perfect way and say a decal will never wrinkle, but I seriously doubt it ever will. Kind of like the Stern metal plates but made of the rubberized material. I believe it is the Pinball Pal stuff, but instead of attaching it to the legs, it is attached to the cabinet itself.
Seems very slim the decal job he did for me will wrinkle. Possible-yes, just seems very, very unlikely.

Depends on where you get them. I had some that you could scratch off will a fingernail, but Darin @ Phoenix Arcades stuff is boss. Check out the video where he uses a coin on his decals. He is the one making the Guns and Roses decals.
» YouTube video

that's actually an impressive printing process. He has some Pmatte protecto coat or something on those. Funhouse doesn't look right with decals. Stands out like a sore thumb, but these decals being so durable would be an upgrade for shadow, AFM, MB, MM, CC. Still have to worry about leg crinkle. I wonder what the first game was to use shitty decals. My atlantis has decals and they are dogshit. Adhesion is aweful. And that was from 88.

#82 11 years ago

someone would really have to love GNR, or be insane, to buy @ this price....

But damn that's the best looking GNR I have ever seen! Super clean

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

would be except for the fade.

It is in fact, for me, personally, the best I've ever seen.

#86 11 years ago

Is that the going rate for such a table?

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from STTNG:

Is that the going rate for such a table?

not in that condition

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-4-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.