Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by perryd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130116_222336.jpg
100_4342.JPG
tony_montana_scarface-grn.jpg
mygnr_019.JPG
mygnr_018.JPG
mygnr_017.JPG
mygnr_016.JPG
mygnr_015.JPG
mygnr_014.JPG
mygnr_013.JPG
mygnr_012.JPG
mygnr_011.JPG
mygnr_010.JPG
mygnr_008.JPG
mygnr_007.JPG
mygnr_006.JPG

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Awesome game in great shape (some of you that played this one @ my store at the party i had) can vouch for this one. Playfield is in awesome shape!!!
Fully leded, cliffy over axel hole,new set of clear plastics (not installed yet there are only 2 small clears broken on the game). Original topper that was stored out of sunlight in a bubble wraped box since 1999 by the person i puchased it from.
New flipper fedelity full spearker set. Slash Figure (mcfarlandw/marshall stack).
Just shopped before the woz party.
Also has JJP Invisiglass
I also have the back board decal as well not installed
Asking 7500

mygnr_001.JPG mygnr_002.JPG mygnr_004.JPG mygnr_005.JPG mygnr_006.JPG mygnr_007.JPG

#2 5 years ago

more pics

mygnr_008.JPG mygnr_010.JPG mygnr_011.JPG mygnr_012.JPG mygnr_013.JPG mygnr_014.JPG

#3 5 years ago

more pics

mygnr_015.JPG mygnr_016.JPG mygnr_017.JPG mygnr_018.JPG mygnr_019.JPG

#4 5 years ago

What is that game in the corner looks like a Toy Story Hyperball ?

#5 5 years ago

Holy cr*p. Had no idea that this pin could bring that kind of money

#6 5 years ago

it is a buzz light year prototype

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It can't...especially one that isn't collector quality.

#8 5 years ago

I got good money for mine, but your head on the left side is faded. Not collector quality.

#9 5 years ago

Were there two pins included in that price?LOL

#10 5 years ago

I can see this thread hitting 200 posts with all the haters!

#11 5 years ago

Well if the OP gets that price, then mine must be worth about the same. No fade, but drill holes in the front

But mine isn't for sale.

#12 5 years ago

Mine was perfect with no fade and I only got 5k for mine. was nice. But i'd never use the term collector quality, unless it just came out of the box. It's a term that shouldn't be used, unless it's absolutely flawless in every way. If you misuse it, your going to take a lot of slack for it.

#13 5 years ago

Isn't this the same dude with the 10k wozle?

#14 5 years ago

Decals do exist for GNR, but I'd take $300 off that price.

#15 5 years ago

yea, but decals suck. especially on DE games. They are all screen printed. Decals look out of place and can be seen a mile away. Plus they are fragile as hell. It's a great alternative when your game is completely blown out, but for something like there, where 1 panel is 50% faded. It would be a shame to ruin it with decals. THe person will just have to live with it as is. I'd be damned if i'd redecal a cabinet for something like this, but it can never be considered collector quality. with or without decals.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I got good money for mine, but your head on the left side is faded. Not collector quality.

Have to agree here. Didn't know GnR suddenly became a 7k+ pin. Makes the unfaded one I sold last year for $2800 seem like the deal of the decade.

#17 5 years ago

With today's rising prices people sometimes ask for the moon and get close . Some times they do'nt get an offer cause they are way too high. GNR is not on fire like it was cause of a damn good AC/DC premium for 6.3k that plays 12 songs instead of Welcome to the Jungle over and over.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Have to agree here. Didn't know GnR suddenly became a 7k+ pin. Makes the unfaded one I sold last year for $2800 seem like the deal of the decade.

I feel like people list based off of asking prices on eBay. So many people see a price on eBay and assume that's its value. The problem is, a lot of people don't seem to understand, you need to look at completed auctions to see what something is truly selling for.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Isn't this the same dude with the 10k wozle?

Yes . . . and he still hasn't donated to pinside. GnR is an awesome game though and at least this one is in existence.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes . . . and he still hasn't donated to pinside. GnR is an awesome game though and at least this one is in existence.

I'm sure there's a hundo for pinside if the honorable Jamster sells his steed.

#21 5 years ago

Hey Jessie, is this the same GnR you have listed every day on Craigslist for $5200?
chicago.craigslist.org link

#22 5 years ago

I sold mine for 5k as well. It was pretty darn nice. Small ding on the head and dented rail, but the playfield had zero wear and unfaded cabinet.

#23 5 years ago

Oh my. Here we go!

#25 5 years ago

*sirens* WEEEEOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOO*sirens*

Do cheap pinball life LEDs add $3000-$3500 now....??? I usually start a little high on the asking price to leave room for negotiating (like most do) but.....GOD DAMN SHAZZZAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!

#26 5 years ago

I waited over 3 hours for someone else to be the bad guy, but if no one else is going to step up to the plate, looks like once again the Dark Knight will have to deliver the bad news.

............................SSSHHHHAAAAAZZZAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............................

#27 5 years ago

LEDs added $2300 ????????

Wow, that means my TFTC is like in $4500 realm now!

#28 5 years ago

Nice pin but your more at the 4500 range.

#29 5 years ago

maybe less. I sold another one about 4 months ago, faded cabinet, with the decal set for $3500.

#30 5 years ago

******** Tony Montana knows about this sorta thing. *****

The fact is I can't take any more of your money...
...unless I raise the rates on you.

- You gonna raise...

- I gotta do it.
- The IRS is coming...

- Don't give me that sh_it! Let's talk.

I'm talking.
I go low, you go high.
I know the game.

tony_montana_scarface-grn.jpg

#31 5 years ago

Forget the price he's asking. I would never sell a GNR if I owned one in that condition and had it parked next to an AC/DC. Two great games that I would kil to have sitting next to each other in my gameroom!

#32 5 years ago

Forget the price he's asking. I would never sell a GNR if I owned one in that condition and had it parked next to an AC/DC. Two great games that I would kil to have sitting next to each other in my gameroom!

I agree never sell GnR, my favorite Data East pin. I tried to place them side by side but like a pin between them to allow space for the music a little, plus Guns and Roses is so much bigger it makes ACDC seem less of a pin and by no means is it not but the widebody cabinet is larger and taller. The new McKee ACDC topper seems to make the pin larger so I might move them side by side if I get to keep the BIBLE version.

100_4342.JPG 20130116_222336.jpg

#33 5 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for less than 5k and I'd probably still pass on that offer.

#34 5 years ago

Can we get a few more pics? Lol

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I wouldn't sell mine for less than 5k and I'd probably still pass on that offer.

Yes he has pin that is very desired and is real and ready to be picked up. Its not really a bad price in comparision for what I seen others at shows sell for. Its just getting harder and harder to find these pins in decent condition as all of us collectors have them now. I doubt there more than 300 of these on route now. I bet this pin does sell!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes he has pin that is very desired and is real and ready to be picked up. Its not really a bad price in comparision for what I seen others at shows sell for. Its just getting harder and harder to find these pins in decent condition as all of us collectors have them now. I doubt there more than 300 of these on route now. I bet this pin does sell!

Normally I don't like to crap on for sale threads. Just don't see too much use in it. But here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-guns-n-roses-pittsburgh-pa-gnr

Sorry.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I agree never sell GnR, my favorite Data East pin. I tried to place them side by side but like a pin between them to allow space for the music a little, plus Guns and Roses is so much bigger it makes ACDC seem less of a pin and by no means is it not but the widebody cabinet is larger and taller. The new McKee ACDC topper seems to make the pin larger so I might move them side by side if I get to keep the BIBLE version.

I still like the GNR pin over AC/DC pin but like AC/DC music better. I know there are others that feel the same and I have been saying this since it came out. I hope to find one someday and think GNR plays great. I expected more on the AC/DC pin to play more like LOTR, SM, or even Elvis which are my favorite Sterns that play the best.

#38 5 years ago

no its not the same as the one on craigslist either, i have two GnR'S , the leds are cointakers retro warms in the GI, cointakers ultra brights in the inserts and Pinball Lifes bright ass flashers, as i call them. So for the person who asked i didnt cheap out on the leds! Oh and the back box is done as well.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe less. I sold another one about 4 months ago, faded cabinet, with the decal set for $3500.

Ill take as many as you can get @ that PRICE$$$

I dont pay attention to flea bay, except to see whats out there for sale!

As far as the picture commment, lots of people ask, can you send me a few more pics!

Quoted from shovelhed:

Nice pin but your more at the 4500 range.

you get one this nice in the 4500 range ill buy it as well!

Quoted from shlockdoc:

I'm sure there's a hundo for pinside if the honorable Jamster sells his steed.

I have doanted before fellas

Ok heres a great solution, why doesnt everybody donate when they sell there pins here!!!
Theres a hell of alot more NON retailers selling pins on here then retailers!!!!!
I have no problem paying a few bucks to list a pin.

And as far as your comment to donate to the pinball world, lets see i just threw a WOZ party and invited anyone on here to attend it, as well they could bring a friend, and catered it with drinks, food, games to play!
I as well, have invited any pinsiders crossing through Indiana to stop by and play anything in the store, have a beer, water, pop, just to bs, the fridge is always full! (alot have came by)
I always say phone first, i may be out on a delivery or somehing else.
Its not hard to remember 219-924-PINS
Im less than 10min of 80/94 and 15 min off I65!
Oh and was just asked if i would host a state turnament @ Pincades and said YES let me know when, i would be glad to accomindate.
So to those who knock me for not donating, I would call that donating to the pinball world!

Quoted from Pinitration:

*sirens* WEEEEOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOO*sirens*
Do cheap pinball life LEDs add $3000-$3500 now....??? I usually start a little high on the asking price to leave room for negotiating (like most do) but.....GOD DAMN SHAZZZAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!

We as retailers like to call those your refering to, less expensive leds and no i used good leds as i posted earlier, cheap sounds like a trashy night out with a stripper! LOL

Have a great day and happy flipping
Pincades
JT

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

there i just donated, as i had before, but for some reason, i had no heart like the tin man.but now i do. i had to break open my piggy bank. LOL

#40 5 years ago

Treasure Cove GNR's sell for around 6.5K last time I checked

High end restores on GNR cost more than 7K

I do agree that the heads need fixed before this one would be at either of those price points.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

there i just donated, as i had before, but for some reason, i had no heart like the tin man.but now i do. i had to break open my piggy bank. LOL

Awesome! I will promise to stop complaining in your F/S now. GLWTS!

#42 5 years ago

It's too bad about the faded head, bc other than that this is one sweet GNR! Looks like factory mylar still on Slash's tat, lockdown plate clean, topper, etc... just a nice clean example!

I think $7500 might be shooting for moon a bit, but the guys saying $4500 are dreaming too. If this were mine I wouldn't take a penny less than $6k. If it had the factory shooter lane upgrade you'd be looking at even more.

GLWS! Very nice machine!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

If it had the factory shooter lane upgrade you'd be looking at even more.

Before anyone calls me out on this, it does actually have a factory shooter lane upgrade (from black coated to bare metal, to reduce friction on launch) but not THE shooter lane upgrade, which was the final one that goes under the R ramp and makes an orbit, instead of dumping into the jets.

But this is the 2nd rev upgrade of the shooter lane ramp, I think, just to be clear! Rock on!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree....and it has't yet I think. I will finish reading the thread now...I want one bad but not at that price. Even if the market says it is worth that!!!!

#46 5 years ago

Decent looking Shazaam you get there

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Quoted from hank527:

Treasure Cove GNR's sell for around 6.5K last time I checked
High end restores on GNR cost more than 7K
I do agree that the heads need fixed before this one would be at either of those price points.

The problem is, you can't fix it. Your greatly undervaluing the value of an original cabinet over one that was decalled (when it wasn't originally). The second you redecal anything on that cabinet, you just made it worse.
For me buying games, if it was originally screened, and has been redecalled, that's an Immediate 2k decrease in value for me. You can't go back to original. I value nice original with little scratch here or there, way over a perfect decal job. (again, for games that had quality cabinets to begin with).

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I value nice original with little scratch here or there, way over a perfect decal job.

Definitely! Even the B/W decaled games, you can often tell the factory originals versus the shiny new decaled ones.

This GNR is tough to value, because if the reds were dark and perfect on the cabinet, then you'd be looking at about as nice an original condition GNR as pops up. UV sucks!

I know I touched up a BSD with a slightly transparent red w/ flow improver a few years back, and it came out very nice! But that was on a decal with solid coloring, and the rose/blood is not only screened paint but has dotted gradient and line detail. Tough call on how to fix...

Once again, GLWS! It's a damn nice machine any way you slice it!

#49 5 years ago

yea, GNR uses Half toning compensator on it. Impossible to touchup by hand.

#50 5 years ago

i can't stand retailers. ripping people off with faded games.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside