(Topic ID: 18530)

Gun's N Rose's in the B_R GRG !! SOLD !!

By BLACK_ROSE

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheers.gif
SM_Leds_&_Tequilla_002.JPG
SM_Leds_&_Tequilla_001.JPG
vlcsnap-2012-08-07-23h37m02s92.png
GNR_ship_d_008.JPG
GNR_ship_d_005.JPG
GNR_ship_d_004.JPG
GNR_ship_d_003.JPG
009.JPG
003.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_005.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_015.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_019.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_016.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_011.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_001.JPG
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

I can't believe you sold your AC/DC I love that game! So whats the better music pin?

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

did take off 20 Rd's ,,, No Change !! Gonna get another coil 2-morrow and Experiment..

A 22-500 might be about right.

Let me know how the other coil works out.

#53 11 years ago

Best way is to find the updated shooter ramp. Adds better flow to the game as well.

The original ramp is always eventually going to give you trouble as your coil sleeves get a little dirty, esp if you like a high action pitch to your machine.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Best way is to find the updated shooter ramp. Adds better flow to the game as well.

Good call. I didn't notice that he still had the black ramp for the shooter lane.

#55 11 years ago

Yes ,

Stock Shooter ramp !!! Does anyone have a Pict- of the Up-dated Ramp design on their GNR..

The video below must have it.. My Ramp takes the ball up and then does a 180 to the Pop's..

Vid- below Plunges the ball and comes back to the Flip's ..

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

can't believe you sold your AC/DC I love that game! So whats the better music pin?

AC/DC of course !! But GNR is Not Bad !!

#57 11 years ago

You sure thats the stock one, as far as I know there were three different variants, maybe someone else can confirm.

1.) Stock Powder Coated Black
2.) Chrome, Almost identical to factory piece lower angle
3.) Chrome, Alot shorter drops ball on right half of playfield / Replacement VUK also Chrome

Ver.1_Original_b.jpgVer.1_Original_b.jpg

(ABOVE) ( Factory Original, Powder Coated Black, Black VUK )

GNR_Ver_2_Chrome.jpgGNR_Ver_2_Chrome.jpg

(ABOVE) ( Version #2, Almost Identical to Factory Piece, Chrome with Original Black VUK )

GNR_Ver_3_Chrome_Shorter.jpgGNR_Ver_3_Chrome_Shorter.jpg

(ABOVE) (Version #3, Chrome, Shorter, with chrome replacement VUK )

#58 11 years ago

I have heard the same thing pin-tastic said.
Mine has the chrome version that has the same design as the black powder coated original. I have not seen the third version stated above.
B_R...I can get you a picture of mine (don't think it will help at all) but it is basically the same design as what you have except No black powder coating (chrome instead).

#59 11 years ago

There's only been a couple around that are like the 3rd picture. The second picture (chrome ramp) is the corrected part. As far as I know...

I sure wouldn't want the ball leaving the VUK to slam the playfield like it does in the 3rd picture.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

There's only been a couple around that are like the 3rd picture

Actually I have seen quite a few GNR's with the 3rd (shorter) shooter ramp.

#61 11 years ago

Interesting.

Where did they come from? Are they a factory revision?

#62 11 years ago

As far as I know they were a factory revision, these machines were all located in the Midwest, I have also seen quite a few V.2, so maybe the V.3 came out quite a bit later. Service bulletins #63 and #64 deal with the issues that DE was having with the shooter ramps, but do not see any mention of a replacement ramps being available or the part #'s associated with them.

#63 11 years ago

I bought (2) 22/550 Shooter coil's , installed and It's kicks Great !! ,, I have the back feet All the Way up too... My Shooter Habitrails are the same a Pict- # 1 above ( Factory ) ... Now to lOOk into another minor issue ( Of All the Bands in the World , this is definitely 1 of them ) Quote @ Start up

001.JPG001.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG

#64 11 years ago

Can't figure Why somebody put a 1-way gate at the Shooter lane,, @ 1-tyme or another the ball was being ejected out thru the Gate.. Now I need to Find that Plastic and get 2 Post and add a Rubber ,, Prob- will be Fixed ... I have a Bag of 20 or more White drop Targets ,, Bye Red 1 ..

GNR-6_001.JPGGNR-6_001.JPG GNR-6_002.JPGGNR-6_002.JPG GNR-6_003.JPGGNR-6_003.JPG GNR-6_004.JPGGNR-6_004.JPG

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I bought (2) 22/550 Shooter coil's , installed and It's kicks Great !! ,, I have the back feet All the Way up too... My Shooter Habitrails are the same a Pict- # 1 above ( Factory ) ... Now to lOOk into another minor issue ( Of All the Bands in the World , this is definitely 1 of them ) Quote @ Start up

Pretty sure that quote is standard on all of them when you power the game up. It did it on mine anyways. That one way gate out of the shooter lane is a mystery to me though. Maybe someone was having major issues with the ball not making it up the wire form and decided to make a new launch path for the ball.

#66 11 years ago

Mine is version 3, and it was a later one. I bought it as a re-boxed demo unit from a CO distributor in '97.

I think the lane is a great upgrade, not only because I'm on my original coil from '97 and have never once had a shooter lane balljam, but also because the multis just startup and flow so much quicker.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Maybe someone was having major issues with the ball not making it up the wire form and decided to make a new launch path for the ball.

Exactly ,,, No Prob- Pushing the ball up Now !!!! Does anyone have that plastic ? Or a Link ...

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Does anyone have that plastic ? Or a Link ..

Which plastic scan do you need ?

#69 11 years ago

This 1 ,,,,, 1/2 of his Head has been cut away !!!

GNR-6_002.JPGGNR-6_002.JPG

#70 11 years ago

As far as I know that plastic isn't available anywhere NOS as I've looked for it myself, but I've heard talk of CPR doing a plastic set for GNR soon. Anyone heard any confirmation to that?

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

As far as I know that plastic isn't available anywhere NOS as I've looked for it myself, but I've heard talk of CPR doing a plastic set for GNR soon. Anyone heard any confirmation to that?

I also heard that CPR is going to be doing a run, but heard that over 6 months ago and still nothing.

I have a NOS one but using that for my restoration project, I know all the GNR's I have seen this plastic has been cracked or had crack + chunk missing out of it. Will try and get a scan but not sure it will do you much good since this piece will not fit entirely on my scanner at one time.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

As far as I know that plastic isn't available anywhere NOS as I've looked for it myself,

Shirley Not !!!!! I Need 1 .. Someone Must have a Spare ,, Ok ,, a Bounty is offered for it $$ !!!

#73 11 years ago

"Of all the FANS in the world." Not bands

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Actually think B_R had it right - "Of all the Bands in the world,(pause) this is definitely one of them"

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It's "bands." That was one of their stage intros for years.

#76 11 years ago

Congrats B_R on the nice GNR pick up! If you need a scan of that plastic I can do that for you tonight when I get home. I have V2 and sometimes when the ball launches it hits the side of the wire form and rolls back down. Then I have to wait for the machine to go into ball search mode and only happens once in a while.

I also made my own topper a few weeks ago using dollar store parts and total cost of materials was literally $5 To see exactly how I pieced it all together you can check out the step by step here.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9205

Here is a video of it in action as I wired up a few flashers and tied them into the machine so it is interactive with the game.

IMAG1069.jpgIMAG1069.jpg IMAG1073.jpgIMAG1073.jpg IMAG1076.jpgIMAG1076.jpg IMAG1077.jpgIMAG1077.jpg

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Congrats B_R on the nice GNR pick up! If you need a scan of that plastic I can do that for you tonight when I get home

Please do ,, Go ahead a Transfer it to some plastic and cut it out for me ....

Just send me a Bill !!! I'll PM you my address .. Thanxx MWong ..

I like yr Topper as Well ...

I've been working on the gate,, I took it off , under it were the Original Posts that took a 1'' Rubber
The Plastic that Mwong will sacn Will cover that area up .. The Metal Piece that was used as a diverter i will take out Durn-n the Shop.. I adjusted the Pop-bumpers , Replaced the 3 - Magnet Fuses w/ 2.5a instead of 1/2a ,, The Magnets Do Disrubt the Ball Path,, Thats messed up but it's Funny
I also took out the 555's and swabed the insert's and installed CoinTaker Frosted Red's Whites and a Green for N .. I have a Trial Video Load-n Now on Y-Tube.... It Plays Good.. And the 22/550 coil was the Ticket , I'd like to try a 22/500 just to see the Diff.. I Do have the Back Feet Screwed all the way out.. I like it Fast..

#78 11 years ago

Just Mess-n around ,,,,,,,,,,,

#79 11 years ago

Another New Vid- ,,

Updating my Thread ,, I Posted this on another GNR thread also...

Just made an order to Mad 2-nite for some parts ,, Marco is next then to Pinballlife ,, etc...

I Can't leave GNR alone , I have Lots of Led's so I figured i Would Bling the inserts .

My Flipper are Very Strong , Can't wait to play GNR after the Shop !!!

#80 11 years ago

I Still Need the Plastic at the Lower Rt- with the face attached to the red tail... Pict- is above..

Can someone Scan it for me and Possibly make 1,, I Will Pay you 4-Yr Tyme.. Name the $$

#81 11 years ago

Starting them Young !!! My Oldest ,, Sophia ( 5 ) say's " Why did you sell AC/DC ?

GNR_&_my_Girls.jpgGNR_&_my_Girls.jpg

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Still Need the Plastic at the Lower Rt- with the face attached to the red tail... Pict- is above..
Can someone Scan it for me and Possibly make 1,, I Will Pay you 4-Yr Tyme.. Name the $$

Sorry for not scanning in the plastic as it looks to be a bit of work to remove when I checked the other night. Once I am done re-arranging I will tear it down to get a high resolution scan of it for you.

#83 11 years ago

BR that Hydro thunder is killin me. That thing has been around forever man its gotta go! Your girls should be sayin "Why did you sell Hydro thunder?" lol

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Sorry for not scanning in the plastic as it looks to be a bit of work to remove when I checked the other night. Once I am done re-arranging I will tear it down to get a high resolution scan of it for you.

No Problem ,, And thank You ,, I Would settle for a Used 1 .. I Did get my order of Plastics from Mad- today... Still Haven't made the Big Order to Marco yet ...

Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

BR that Hydro thunder is killin me. That thing has been around forever man its gotta go! Your girls should be sayin "Why did you sell Hydro thunder?" lol

If I had the Space, I'd have 2 Hydro's Linked . Killer Boat Drag Game.... I sold my 1st Hydro to Floorman then he bought my 1st TAF ,, Keep-n this 1 !!!

3 weeks later
#85 11 years ago

With some Appreciated help from Shanetastic ,,,
GNR is Shop'd and is 100% !!!!!! All Plastic's Novus'd and cleaned , Metal has been Polished w/ Mothers , New Rubbers , ball's , G-ramp , Magnet Board , DMD , p/f Glass , New Rebuild Kits for the Flipper's from Marco ,4 New Chrome Dome Lights , All Coil's sleved elsewhere , Pop bumpers Re-adjusted , 6 New drop Targets and Piano decal's , Every light is an Led , even behind the Trans etc....... Will Post a video later....

2-nite I will add an Extra Light mounted under the Cobra Plastic , a Green Flex..
and make some New Apron Score cards ...

GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_001.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_001.JPG GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_003.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_003.JPG GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_006.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_006.JPG GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_013.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_013.JPG GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_012.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_012.JPG GNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_018.JPGGNR_Shop_d_&_Led_d_018.JPG

#86 11 years ago

Sweet!

Now that you have it dialed in I will keep an eye out for it on the market page.

th_MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpgth_MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg

#87 11 years ago

Wow! Can I ask how you clean the inserts for the lights? MY HS II is dirty. I jam cue tips in there with hot water but the ridges on the plastics seem to hold the dirt.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow! Can I ask how you clean the inserts for the lights? MY HS II is dirty. I jam cue tips in there with hot water but the ridges on the plastics seem to hold the dirt.

Water hose ,,, ,, No Seriously they Weren't that dirty !! Cue Tip's and soapy water !!

Lots of Cut Tips ........... Plus Cointakers Frosted Led's do the Trick ,i did use a few Premiums

#89 11 years ago

I installed an Extra Gi ( Green 555 Flex w/ socket ) I Hot glued it under the Snake Plastic. lOOks Cool

And those 4 spot lamps at the front of the P/F , man I'm gonna turn those Jokers away from my

eYes . I see on Page 1 of this thread that the S.lamps are point-n at the ramps or behind ..

Here's a few Pict's and another Game Play Vid- will be Loaded later ..

I'm Gett-n Alot of I want to Buy or Trade offer's for GNR ( Not Yet ) but PM's are Fine !!

Kinda Want to Trade Later for a Batman Dark knight ...

I Need some New Score cards Bad , The 1's I have Now , lOOk like CRAP !!

GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_001.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_001.JPG GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_011.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_011.JPG GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_016.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_016.JPG GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_019.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_019.JPG GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_015.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_015.JPG GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_005.JPGGNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_005.JPG

#90 11 years ago

B_R...shoot me your email and I will forward you a link to some decent GnR cards.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

B_R...shoot me your email and I will forward you a link to some decent GnR cards.

Email sent ,,,,,,,,,, Also Here's GNR Shop'd & in Full Bloom w/ CoinTaker Led's

#92 11 years ago

How did the jackpot insert come out? wanted to know Shanes trick.

#93 11 years ago

Hooked we cleaned it up a Bit , but I Didn't want to Use a heat gun & Pop it out .. Thanxx for Yer concern ......

#94 11 years ago

bummer wanted to see how he fixed it.
Dont blame you for not popping it out.
Seems he did a great job with the inserts on the Fh wanted to see his majic again.
GNR is on my hit list too, best Wide body DE made.
You guys did a nice job with this one.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Kinda Want to Trade Later for a Batman Dark Knight ...

In this vid, what did you say at 7:10?

Have a change of heart? Just curious B_R!

2 weeks later
#96 11 years ago

Aug 7th ,, Well , NAVL came and got GNR and it's headed to York, Pa .. After lOOk-n for GNR for 3 yr's and Finally owning it , I can Say it's a Groovy Pin.. My oldest daughter Sophia is gonna Miss it.. The Best Data East I've Owned !!! I asked Henry is he wanted me to take the Pistol Plunger off and wrap it up and place it in the Cab - He said No, I Hope It Survives the Trip .. Delivery on my papers say between Aug 12th to 16th . Enjoy it bro !!

003.JPG003.JPG 009.JPG009.JPG GNR_ship_d_003.JPGGNR_ship_d_003.JPG GNR_ship_d_004.JPGGNR_ship_d_004.JPG GNR_ship_d_005.JPGGNR_ship_d_005.JPG GNR_ship_d_008.JPGGNR_ship_d_008.JPG

#97 11 years ago

Wow. I absolutely would have asked both plungers be removed.

#98 11 years ago

I agree !! I followed my Order's ..

#99 11 years ago

We enjoyed ours but it moved on too. The only sad part is my mom loved that game.

#100 11 years ago

And shipped on its legs?? Wow

And you look like someone I'd want on my side in a fight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-some-advice-please/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.