(Topic ID: 18530)

Gun's N Rose's in the B_R GRG !! SOLD !!

By BLACK_ROSE

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheers.gif
SM_Leds_&_Tequilla_002.JPG
SM_Leds_&_Tequilla_001.JPG
vlcsnap-2012-08-07-23h37m02s92.png
GNR_ship_d_008.JPG
GNR_ship_d_005.JPG
GNR_ship_d_004.JPG
GNR_ship_d_003.JPG
009.JPG
003.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_005.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_015.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_019.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_016.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_011.JPG
GNR_Led_s_&_Video_#2_001.JPG
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Ok, WHEN during Game Play does the 3 under p/f magnet's come Alive ?

Here's a video , I Don't see the magnet's Stirr-n the ball's like TAF will..

Can someone post a vid- with some magnet action ...

Also , The GNR that I'm loOk-n at has the 3.0 software ,, Is it the Best ? Thanxx ,, B_R

#2 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure any time there's a multiball going, they're on.

On the apron, there's a light that illuminates when the magnets are active.

....That, and they really go ape shit.

@ the 1:45 mark in your video, they should be active (during coma).

#3 11 years ago

Check the fuses under the playfield. They are always blown and no one thinks to replace them.

3.0 is the latest rom revision

Also check the CN1 connector on the power board for damage or hacks.

#4 11 years ago

I assume you're just looking for an example of how the magnets work and this isn't the machine you're buying. In that video, the right-hand magnet is definitely working - you'll see it yank a ball straight down at 1:49. Couldn't see any action from the other two, though.

As GR8pinball says, check the fuses, and the magnet board itself - according to pinrepair, if a magnet fuse blows, it can also mean the magnet board will have mosfet/chip damage.

What's up with the wireforms on that GNR? The launch one and the one from the VUK - did DE change those during the run, and would those be early or late?

#5 11 years ago

Thanxx guy's.... The GNR that i'm think-n about getting , the owner just installed a New magnet board and installed New diodes on each magnet . He just called and said Everything is working 100% now.. Gonna go look at it 2-morrow..

On the apron, there's a light that illuminates when the magnets are active.

....That, and they really go ape shit.

The magnet light must be the White Condom bulb ,, Thanxx bro ...

GNR-_magnet_light.jpgGNR-_magnet_light.jpg

#6 11 years ago

The magnets in that game make no sense and serve only to ruin the fun. I spent hours getting mine fixed only to just disable them after. It's not like Adams Family where magnets fit the theme. They just make no sense in GnR. Game is much more fun after disabling them. Your multiballs are then based off skill rather than some lame magnetic force screwing with the ball.

#7 11 years ago

Now that's an Odd piece of Wisdom , ( I Guess ) GNR is gonna be ALL New to me , I Haven't Owned it Yet .. I Liked the magnets on LAH , They Do Screw w/ Ya for a Reason..

Still it Will be Good to have it ALL Work-n !!!

#8 11 years ago

The picture of the apron you posted is either a sample or prototype.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The magnets in that game make no sense and serve only to ruin the fun.

I suppose the same can be said for any magnets in any game that change ball direction, but where's the fun in that? I actually find it's just as common for GNR to deflect a SDTM ball to safety, (sometimes 180 degrees back up the playfied) as it is to throw a ball SDTM. IMO one of the best uses of magnets in any game.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from lefttee:

The picture of the apron you posted is either a sample or prototype.

It was a photo of a sample game, pulled directly off the IPDB.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1100&picno=33086&zoom=1

#11 11 years ago

It was a photo of a sample game, pulled directly off the IPDB.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1100&picno=33086&zoom=1

That's rite ,,, Here's a Pict- of the 1 in my GRG ... Need's a Good shop Job and it Will be Just Fine !!

Over-all the Pin is in good shape , cab- has a few touch-up , the New Magnet board was moved & wired to a New location behind the head , ( Per RGP ) Magnet's work Great .,.

The Sample Apron lOOk's like mine ,, What's the diff- ?

GNR_&_Etc_063.JPGGNR_&_Etc_063.JPG GNR_&_Etc_066.JPGGNR_&_Etc_066.JPG

#12 11 years ago

Let me be the 1st to say congrats on the GNR, the difference is that yours tells what the lamps are for, Magnets on & Shoot Again.

#13 11 years ago

You got it! Awesome. Fun machine and I can't wait to see it after you light it up right.

#14 11 years ago

Nice.

I'll be interested to see how long this one lasts in "the garage".

Great game!

#15 11 years ago

Yeah me too!

#16 11 years ago

Shanetastic is Planning on coming over 2-morrow , ( after the Father's Day Stuff we All have to do )

Were gonna take an inventory list on the Part's for GNR !! Does Anyone have any Spare Plastics

that go above the scoop ? I'm in Need of that !! ... Hooked came by , he was up this way

Pick-n up a Black Rose Pin.. The Pict- would have to been Blurry.... 1st Tyme he's been Here.

GNR-3_001.JPGGNR-3_001.JPG GNR-3_007.JPGGNR-3_007.JPG GNR_&_Etc_057.JPGGNR_&_Etc_057.JPG

#18 11 years ago

I bought a repo set.

You're welcome to the starburst plastic that I didn't use.

#19 11 years ago

Thank Ya man !!

ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I bought a repo set.
You're welcome to the starburst plastic that I didn't use.

Where's that Plastic located F.B ?

#22 11 years ago

It's under the Axel plastic.

If you take a look at the link Doot77 posted, it's the blue one.

#23 11 years ago

Firebaall, if B_R needs both and orders a new set I'd gladly pay the shipping for it. Mine is broken, but the previous owner had already replaced the Axl plastic with the othe repros out there, so I couldn't justify buying both when you don't really see the starburst anyway. Well that and I'm cheap too. LOL!

#24 11 years ago

My offer is up to B_R first, but if he doesn't want it, it's yours.

My case was the opposite. Axl was broken, but not my starburst.

#25 11 years ago

Whatever you guy's Have, I'll Gladly Have a close by PinHead do a PayPal or i can send a Check..

Firebaall , I'll PM you my address ..

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

My offer is up to B_R first, but if he doesn't want it, it's yours.
My case was the opposite. Axl was broken, but not my starburst.

How much ?

#27 11 years ago

I think it costs an address...

#28 11 years ago

I think it costs an address...

PM sent ,, and Thank You !! ,,,, ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#29 11 years ago

Haha...NP.

Just keep it long enough for the envelope to arrive.

Either that, or pay it forward to Doot.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You got it! Awesome. Fun machine and I can't wait to see it after you light it up right.

Oh Yea ,,, The insert's are Hardly visible w/ the reg- incand- bulb's ,, Shop First tho...

Will Post it All Here !!! And Thanxx Kwiki ....

#31 11 years ago

Glad you got GNR. You're on a music pin kick right now.

#32 11 years ago

Congrats on the GNR! Probably my favorite DE game.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I suppose the same can be said for any magnets in any game that change ball direction, but where's the fun in that? I actually find it's just as common for GNR to deflect a SDTM ball to safety, (sometimes 180 degrees back up the playfied) as it is to throw a ball SDTM. IMO one of the best uses of magnets in any game.

Except in this game not only do they take away from the fun, but they also don't figure into the theme. It makes sense in Adams family or SW ep1 theme wize. But not here.

#34 11 years ago

The magnet use is great in GnR.

It doesn't ruin the "fun" to have them. It increases the chaos of the multiball, and fits the rock theme just fine.

Quoted from markmon:

Game is much more fun after disabling them. Your multiballs are then based off skill rather than some lame magnetic force screwing with the ball.

Baloney. Dealing with the random ball action takes a heck of a lot more skill than disabling a game feature because it kicked your ass, or that you didn't care for the difficulty it adds.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Except in this game not only do they take away from the fun, but they also don't figure into the theme. It makes sense in Adams family or SW ep1 theme wize. But not here.

Wrong, wrong, wrong on every level, in every way possible. Epic fail.

Have you ever been to a GNR show back in the day? (Obviously not).

To have 6 balls in play, and 3 magnets randomizing their movement and adding to chaos of ball movement is nearly exactly how I'd replicate, in pinball form, being the front of the crowd in a GNR show back in the day. E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

You never knew who was jumping into you/on top of you, who was going to try and steal your shoes (Throwing shoes EVERYWHERE was a theme of the GNR/Metallica tour), when a shoe (or beer, or other projectile) was going to hit you from the sky, when a fight/mosh would break out and surround you, or when someone would just come up and hug you and scream "F Ya!" and cheer you with a beer because they were so happy to be there, etc etc.

I wasn't at the St Louis 91 show, but I think they probably need about 3 MORE magnets to properly replicate that experience in pinball form.

You are aware there's a RIOT mode in Guns right? You are familiar with the old band and their shows? If so, you'd say the magnets fit the theme PERFECTLY. Actually, maybe better than ANY other game with magnets (except of course the forthcoming XM).

"Unpredictible" is a the perfect word to describe being in the crowd at a GNR show back in the day. And there's nothing that adds to the unpredictablitiy of a pinball playfield the way 3 randomizing magnets do.

#36 11 years ago

Nice score, BR. I think it's the top DE pin along side TFTC.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

To have 6 balls in play, and 3 magnets randomizing their movement and adding to chaos of ball movement is nearly exactly how I'd replicate, in pinball form, being the front of the crowd in a GNR show back in the day. E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

Well F'n said !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw GNR at Benita Beach in Fla in 06 , Axl was the Only orig- member.

Still had fun tho.. Everyone was seated .. No chaos.. I snuck in a Pint of Tequila in each boot,

I rem- Skid Row and Papa Roach ,, and slightly rem- GNR... I had More in me than Liquor ..

Quoted from Honch:

Nice score, BR. I think it's the top DE pin along side TFTC.

Thanks Honch ,,

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Having the machine stay in attract mode until 11pm would replicate the GNR concert experience too, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be a good idea to implement.

I don't care for the way the magnets work, but I've kept them operating as intended in mine. I figure it was designed that way for a reason, and if I disable them that's just the start of a slippery slope to playing with the glass off, setting it to 5 balls or putting in a center post.

#39 11 years ago

Dibs for when the sale come in 3 weeks.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Having the machine stay in attract mode until 11pm would replicate the GNR concert experience too, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be a good idea to implement.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Dibs for when the sale come in 3 weeks.

3 week's ,,, Man I have 3 PinHead's wanting it now !! I need a New 22-800 or 600 Launch coil , When it goes into Multi-ball , if the 1st ball doesn't make the climb , here comes the 2nd out and you can 4-Get it then.. Every other coil is Strong on the p/f . I even have coil pulse set to Hard.. I'm Headed to Jacks 2-morrow to get another.

Edit: 22-600 ,, http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5023-0T

GNR_-launch_coil_assem-_004.JPGGNR_-launch_coil_assem-_004.JPG

#42 11 years ago

GNR looks great B_R...but uh....where's ACDC

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I need a New 22-800 or 600 Launch coil , When it goes into Multi-ball , if the 1st ball doesn't make the climb , here comes the 2nd out and you can 4-Get it then.. Every other coil is Strong on the p/f . I even have coil pulse set to Hard.. I'm Headed to Jacks 2-morrow to get another.

Service bulletin:

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb64.pdf

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

My house!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

If you find BR's AC/DC thread in the gameroom garage you 'll see the backstory on it.
BIG HINT --- HE SOLD IT!

BR, it takes big balls to buy a $6K pin, play it and even though you like it decide to sell it
within a month or two of having it. You definitely go against the grain of what the norm is,
AND I LIKE THAT! You're your own man, and you call the shots on what your collection is gonna
look like.

Congrats on getting the G n R. You've had that on your list for a long time.

#46 11 years ago

Thanxx for the Link Firebaall,,

Now that's a Big help !!!!!!! When i went and Picked up GNR he had All the levelers bottomed out.. The ball was So Slow , 1-Tyme the ball barely got over a Roll over.. but they Were getting over the Steep shooter ramp , and the G-ramp and the R-ramp ,, No Problem making ,,

CraZZyy !!! What's the Next Strongest coil after 22-600 , ( A Lil-More Push , would this work ? )

Quoted from JWS64:

If you find B_R's AC/DC thread in the Gameroom Garage you 'll see the backstory on it.
BIG HINT --- HE SOLD IT!
BR, it takes big balls to buy a $6K pin, play it and even though you like it decide to sell it
within a month or two of having it. You definitely go against the grain of what the norm is,
AND I LIKE THAT! You're your own man, and you call the shots on what your collection is gonna
look like.
Congrats on getting the G n R. You've had that on your list for a long time.

Thanxx J.W , I caught Hell for do-n it ,, but I Had my Reason's.. I even Flew to Texas to Play it B-4 I sent C.Taker the last 1/2 Pay-off.. AC/DC Prem/LE is a Bad ASS Pin.. Thanxx man !!

#47 11 years ago

Well all I can say is...I never get tired of seeing what's next to hit the B_R Garage!!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

CraZZyy !!! What's the Next Strongest coil after 22-600 , ( A Lil-More Push , would this work ? )

22-XXX

XXX=a lower number than 600

Caution though. Make sure you use the latest ROMs. They added a watchdog routine that monitors the shooter lane for a stuck ball during multiball. If you jam up the shooter lane without the new code + stronger coil, you could have a serious meltdown.

I've been thinking about changing my ball launch coil to something a bit more aggressive, as I want more "zip" on launch. If you try it, let me know how it works out.

Technically speaking, you could unwind say, 50 turns and make a 22-550!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

You never knew who was jumping into you/on top of you, who was going to try and steal your shoes (Throwing shoes EVERYWHERE was a theme of the GNR/Metallica tour), when a shoe (or beer, or other projectile) was going to hit you from the sky, when a fight/mosh would break out and surround you, or when someone would just come up and hug you and scream "F Ya!" and cheer you with a beer because they were so happy to be there, etc etc.
I wasn't at the St Louis 91 show, but I think they probably need about 3 MORE magnets to properly replicate that experience in pinball form.
You are aware there's a RIOT mode in Guns right? You are familiar with the old band and their shows? If so, you'd say the magnets fit the theme PERFECTLY. Actually, maybe better than ANY other game with magnets (except of course the forthcoming XM).
"Unpredictible" is a the perfect word to describe being in the crowd at a GNR show back in the day. And there's nothing that adds to the unpredictablitiy of a pinball playfield the way 3 randomizing magnets do.

I could maybe see an argument then for enabling it during Riot mode. But not every single multiball. But thank you for your explanation. That's the best one I've ever heard for justification of magnets in this game.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I could maybe see an argument then for enabling it during Riot mode. But not every single multiball. But thank you for your explanation. That's the best one I've ever heard for justification of magnets in this game.

Yr a magnet Hater ,, Ok !!!

Quoted from Firebaall:

22-XXX
XXX=a lower number than 600
Caution though. Make sure you use the latest ROMs. They added a watchdog routine that monitors the shooter lane for a stuck ball during multiball. If you jam up the shooter lane without the new code + stronger coil, you could have a serious meltdown.
I've been thinking about changing my ball launch coil to something a bit more aggressive, as I want more "zip" on launch. If you try it, let me know how it works out.
Technically speaking, you could unwind say, 50 turns and make a 22-550!

I did take off 20 Rd's ,,, No Change !! Gonna get another coil 2-morrow and Experiment..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-some-advice-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.