(Topic ID: 134141)

Guns and Roses PinSound board from France.

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gnr_end_game_audio.jpg
elvis_is_dead.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

Just going to throw in my experience...

My Pinsound wouldn't convert any of the GNR .zip files. Turned out to be a faulty thumb drive that shipped with the unit. Before all was said and done, the thumb drive was reading 192mb....

Switching out thumb drives is an easy and viable troubleshooting step with this board.

Quoted from Gotpins:

I figured out the sound delay issue and periods of no sound I was having. My problem was two part, first I had low voltage going to the sound board. With a meter hooked up, I was getting 10-10.5v while playing and 11v while in attract mode. Second problem was the usb flash stick I was using. It was a brand new 16G stick and for some reason it just is causing a major delay in sounds and some sound loss. I bought a few flash drives so I could leave the files for one game on them and just swap flash drives when I swap the board from game to game. I went back to using the one supplied and all problems go away. After fixing those two issues it's easy to swap files and make changes and get the results I thought I should get. Rock on Pinsound!

#44 8 years ago

I can't get my board to work. I download the zip, it converts successfully, but then the game has no audio. Tried both GNR mixes and two thumb drives. I hear audio during the conversion process.

Any ideas?

#51 8 years ago

I haven't. When I get home I'll crank it up all the way and see what happens.... I was under the impression that had no effect at all, but it would make sense that it would.

Quoted from Gotpins:

Jalpert, Have you turned your volume stick all the way up?...I mean all the way. On my game the volume is adjustable only on the top 1/8 twist of the volume pot. So in that last 1/8 of movement I go from no volume to full volume. Seems stupid but make sure its turned up.

#53 8 years ago

Thanks man. Since the board overrides the system volume knob, it's pretty counter intuitive that it still effects it. I cranked the volume up and the sounds came through. Especially since the sounds during the conversion were loud...

Thanks again.

Quoted from Gotpins:

Jalpert, Have you turned your volume stick all the way up?...I mean all the way. On my game the volume is adjustable only on the top 1/8 twist of the volume pot. So in that last 1/8 of movement I go from no volume to full volume. Seems stupid but make sure its turned up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-pinsound-board-from-france?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.