(Topic ID: 134141)

Guns and Roses PinSound board from France.

By dannunz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by HighwayStarr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gnr_end_game_audio.jpg
elvis_is_dead.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I also like that I can get a head phone jack rt off the sound board because no one else offers a head phone jack yet.
Is the sound really improved that much?

Gabe,
My Data East Star Trek at pintastic had it installed. It had music and callouts from the original show installed. It was hard to hear it well in the free play area. I have the head phone kit but didn't install it before pintastic.

I think there was a noticeable improvement in sound quality just using the stock sounds. If you get your replacement music and sounds form a high quality source it will sound even better.

An added bonus is that if you get the pinsound board you can buy a flipper fidelity pinsound speaker set for about $50 less than their normal speaker upgrade kit. Since the volume adjust and crossover stuff is on the board then can sell the upgrade kit without those parts and make it cheaper. So if you factor in the head phone capability and the cheaper speaker upgrade path it makes the board price a little easier to swallow. Also don't forget that their board price includes free shipping.

After spending some time with it, I would definitely recommend buying one especially if you are putting it into a music pin like GNR.

2 months later
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Ok, I think I'm catching on. I found the Welcome launch ball 2 file 000006 which has the wake up line plus the welcome to the jungle tune. I'm going to replace that with just a plain welcome to the jungle tune so that should take care of ball 2 launch. But I can't find a ball 3 tune yet. I'll keep digging.

Go here on the pinsound website:

http://www.pinsound.org/configuration/

Download the record configuration .ini file to you computer. Unzip and put the config.ini file on your USB drive in the same folder as the audio folder. Now as you play the game it makes of list of each sound that gets called as you play the game. Try to play the game so it only activates the sounds you are trying to identify other wise the list of sounds is huge and makes it hard to find the one you are looking for. After the game is over turn off machine and put USB back in your computer. Look at the output file (cant remember the exact name of the file) which lists all the sounds that were called in the order they were called. You should be able.tomfind the number.of the sound yiunare looking for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside