(Topic ID: 134141)

Guns and Roses PinSound board from France.

By dannunz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by HighwayStarr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gnr_end_game_audio.jpg
elvis_is_dead.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Anyone have a good review of the new board? I watched the video here http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/data-east-r3/guns-n-roses/

It looks awesome. When I order it on their web site does it come programs with all the new songs? I also like that I can get a head phone jack rt off the sound board because no one else offers a head phone jack yet.

Is the sound really improved that much?

#3 4 years ago

I watched the video and it look awsome for GNR I'm going to try and get them to pintastic

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

yes....the sound is really that much improved...its night and day difference! I have it on my GNR and without replacing the stock speakers it sounds unreal compared to the stock board, but the real highlight of this board is the ability to make the soundtrack my own. It takes a little getting use to, but I now have my GNR customized with sounds and songs that make it one of a kind with stellar sound quality and volume!

Is it difficult to build the new sound track? Also how is it installed?

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

Ok I just ordered a board for my GNR I need to see if it is really worth all the hype.

#13 4 years ago

I hope this is easy to do. I have some computer skills but I don't want to get lost.

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

You need to replace that song and call out with another song.

#17 4 years ago

You need to change the one that said first ball start.

#23 4 years ago

Is it ok to put Van Halen Eruption for the slash solo mode? It sounds awsome I must say lol

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

got mine about 10 days ago ... found it somewhat frustrating although installing was fairly simple except for the location of the data east sound card but its doable, its just a little cramped getting it in there .... I've had zero luck with the GNR.zip file from the pinsound site ... i tried installing it to the flash drive zipped and and unzipped multiple times but i get a error that states "there are no .wav flies on this flash drive" when it boots up ....However i was able to get both of the flies from the forum to work but haven't figured out how to change back and forth on fly yet .... overall it looks like a great idea but it will take some time and patience to get it how i want it and I just haven't had time to sit down and really dig in yet ..... here a few cons for people considering buying one that i didn't think about until I got mine .
1. all sound/voulume control is now done from the backbox instead of reaching inside the coin door ..that is IMO a pain in the A$$ if you have multiple machines side by side and really even if you dont
2. there are several knobs on the card itself that need to be adjusted to your liking (maybe not a con depending on how you look at it)
3. flash drive port on card is in awkward position and you will be inserting and removing it a lot ... again you need to have room to get into the back box and remove the backglass every time.
4. the sound FXs are not real time .. example if you hit the sling shot the ball is all ready redirected on the play field before you hear the sound effect
5. the bootup time has been mentioned before but really doesn't bother me .... just thought i would point it out
overall i think once i get it figured out it can really be cool ... however I really hope u can truly change the files on the fly and be able to mute or lower volume of the game without removing the backglasss everytime. with my setup I have pull the game out with my lift to access the backbox ...... ugh!
"of course that's my opinion, i could be wrong!" - Dennis Miller

You are spot on just exactly how I feel. I would like to add that the description of the file folders needs to be more clear. I'm having a hard time figuring out what sound or song goes with what file folder. I am also getting some song over lap wich is pissing me off

1 week later
#54 4 years ago

I have put in about 40 hours on my guns n roses mix and I must say is is coming out awsome. Been cutting in songs and added a song for ramp millions. Also some custom stuff. I will be posting a video soon and than uploading the mix to pinsound. It took a ton of time trying to figure out what I was doing but it's worth it!

#62 4 years ago

Here is my mix. What do you guys think?

#64 4 years ago

How do I do that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside