(Topic ID: 134141)

Guns and Roses PinSound board from France.

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gnr_end_game_audio.jpg
elvis_is_dead.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

I put a Pinsound board in my GNR and used Julien's sound file downloaded from the Pinsound forums. One issue I have been having is the "Wake up its time to play" line plays randomly in the game. Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Also, does anyone know how to remove that same line from playing at the start of every ball? It's playing so much it's becoming annoying. Ultimately, I would like the board to randomly select either "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" or "Wake up its time to play" to play at the start of ball 1 only and not to play either line during the start of every other ball. Can anyone help me make this happen?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You need to replace that song and call out with another song.

If I change the song won't it just play the new song at the start of every ball? I don't want it to play at the start of every ball...just the start of ball one. The original sound board plays "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" at the start of ball 1 but does NOT play the same line for the start of ball 2 or 3. This is how I want the Pinsound board to act but I also want to add "Wake up its time to play" to be a random possibility for ball 1 only.

#20 8 years ago

Ok, I think I'm catching on. I found the Welcome launch ball 2 file 000006 which has the wake up line plus the welcome to the jungle tune. I'm going to replace that with just a plain welcome to the jungle tune so that should take care of ball 2 launch. But I can't find a ball 3 tune yet. I'll keep digging.

#22 8 years ago

Wow, that's pretty neat! Thanks docquest!

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for the detailed explanation Blackjacker. I have been messing around with removing and changing files and I have a better idea what is going on and how it works. I can see how getting the details right is going to take some time...there is certainly going to be alot of back and forth making adjustments. Not sure I have the patience for that though! I'll keep working on it but if anyone has a GnR sound file that they want to share please pm me as I'd love to try it out.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

4. the sound FXs are not real time .. example if you hit the sling shot the ball is all ready redirected on the play field before you hear the sound effect

I have noticed this too. Seems to work fine sometimes but other times there is delay or no sound at all. I assumed this was caused by low 12 volts like others have experienced. I have not had the time to diagnose this yet so perhaps not. Can anyone else confirm these are the symptoms of low 12v?

I bought this board to try out in many different game titles. I have to say I'm a bit bummed about how it is working in GnR at the moment. But I assume its operator error and nothing to do with the board.

#37 8 years ago

I figured out the sound delay issue and periods of no sound I was having. My problem was two part, first I had low voltage going to the sound board. With a meter hooked up, I was getting 10-10.5v while playing and 11v while in attract mode. Second problem was the usb flash stick I was using. It was a brand new 16G stick and for some reason it just is causing a major delay in sounds and some sound loss. I bought a few flash drives so I could leave the files for one game on them and just swap flash drives when I swap the board from game to game. I went back to using the one supplied and all problems go away. After fixing those two issues it's easy to swap files and make changes and get the results I thought I should get. Rock on Pinsound!

#46 8 years ago

Jalpert, Have you turned your volume stick all the way up?...I mean all the way. On my game the volume is adjustable only on the top 1/8 twist of the volume pot. So in that last 1/8 of movement I go from no volume to full volume. Seems stupid but make sure its turned up.

#47 8 years ago

HighwayStarr, Have you checked the 12v on your board? Seems like you are getting the delayed and missing audio from low voltage combined with the poor audio from the old files. I was using Juliens mix and wasn't impressed because it was acting strange and I was ready to give up but then checked the 12v and found it was around 10v while playing. I repinned my power supply and reflowed the solder on the bridge and fuses holders and helped get me to 11v. Now the board works fine and plays sound correctly. Just plain Juliens mix does sound better than stock and is a great starting point to start customizing.

1 week later
#60 8 years ago

Highwaystarr, CN2 pin 6 is the 12v you want to check. Did you check voltage not only in game mode but while playing? For example, machine gun both flipper buttons while other coils and flashers are going off. If this checks out ok then I would see if the usb flash stick you have is the problem. Try a different flash stick. After that I would try the board in another game...like a Williams/Bally and see if it funtions properly there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-pinsound-board-from-france?tu=Gotpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.