(Topic ID: 134141)

Guns and Roses PinSound board from France.

By dannunz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HighwayStarr
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gnr_end_game_audio.jpg
elvis_is_dead.jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Anyone have a good review of the new board? I watched the video here http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/data-east-r3/guns-n-roses/

It looks awesome. When I order it on their web site does it come programs with all the new songs? I also like that I can get a head phone jack rt off the sound board because no one else offers a head phone jack yet.

Is the sound really improved that much?

#2 4 years ago

It looks to be amazing imo,
I caved easily and have one on the way. From what I've seen, the amazing thing about it is the ability to change out a song, like say the song for AXL 3 ball, I can change that to ''you could be mine'' , and so on.

#3 4 years ago

I watched the video and it look awsome for GNR I'm going to try and get them to pintastic

#4 4 years ago

yes....the sound is really that much improved...its night and day difference! I have it on my GNR and without replacing the stock speakers it sounds unreal compared to the stock board, but the real highlight of this board is the ability to make the soundtrack my own. It takes a little getting use to, but I now have my GNR customized with sounds and songs that make it one of a kind with stellar sound quality and volume!

#5 4 years ago

It is the reason I have T2 back in the lineup, so I can have the original epic music from the film! The original T2 music and payback time music in the game is just horrible- total injustice to the film, ruins the feel of the game.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

yes....the sound is really that much improved...its night and day difference! I have it on my GNR and without replacing the stock speakers it sounds unreal compared to the stock board, but the real highlight of this board is the ability to make the soundtrack my own. It takes a little getting use to, but I now have my GNR customized with sounds and songs that make it one of a kind with stellar sound quality and volume!

Is it difficult to build the new sound track? Also how is it installed?

#7 4 years ago

All easy to do - once you do it once. There is a good youtube video on how it's done by a user. Just join the forums for help/advice and downloads of others efforts. In a nutshell, you just download the original sound mix from the forum onto a usb. It is originally a zip file, which can be used directly in the pinsound board. If you want to sub anything, you unzip it, and have a series of 4 folders (music, sfx, voice and extras). The files are all .ogg files, which you can convert to .wav files via freac (free downoadable audio programme on freac.org). it's then a simple matter of looking through the songs, and cut and paste new .wav files that want into the individual folders in music. Don't have to convert lengths/bitrates etc like in pinball browser (which is a great programme for Sterns too!). You end up with hifi stereo sound straight away and as said - night and day difference.

pm me if you need help, and enjoy. I have the boards installed in my IJ, TZ, DW and Tommy

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

All easy to do - once you do it once. There is a good youtube video on how it's done by a user. Just join the forums for help/advice and downloads of others efforts. In a nutshell, you just download the original sound mix from the forum onto a usb. It is originally a zip file, which can be used directly in the pinsound board. If you want to sub anything, you unzip it, and have a series of 4 folders (music, sfx, voice and extras). The files are all .ogg files, which you can convert to .wav files via freac (free downoadable audio programme on freac.org). it's then a simple matter of looking through the songs, and cut and paste new .wav files that want into the individual folders in music. Don't have to convert lengths/bitrates etc like in pinball browser (which is a great programme for Sterns too!). You end up with hifi stereo sound straight away and as said - night and day difference.
pm me if you need help, and enjoy. I have the boards installed in my IJ, TZ, DW and Tommy

Which reorch. did you put in your IJ? I'm doing one in my TAFG i'm restoring right now and also going to put one in IJ...then I might keep going...it makes such a huge difference in the game, plus if you are sick of hearing a repetitive call out or something, just change it or add in more under that callout file to make it alternate between them randomly!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I also like that I can get a head phone jack rt off the sound board because no one else offers a head phone jack yet.
Is the sound really improved that much?

Gabe,
My Data East Star Trek at pintastic had it installed. It had music and callouts from the original show installed. It was hard to hear it well in the free play area. I have the head phone kit but didn't install it before pintastic.

I think there was a noticeable improvement in sound quality just using the stock sounds. If you get your replacement music and sounds form a high quality source it will sound even better.

An added bonus is that if you get the pinsound board you can buy a flipper fidelity pinsound speaker set for about $50 less than their normal speaker upgrade kit. Since the volume adjust and crossover stuff is on the board then can sell the upgrade kit without those parts and make it cheaper. So if you factor in the head phone capability and the cheaper speaker upgrade path it makes the board price a little easier to swallow. Also don't forget that their board price includes free shipping.

After spending some time with it, I would definitely recommend buying one especially if you are putting it into a music pin like GNR.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Which reorch. did you put in your IJ? I'm doing one in my TAFG i'm restoring right now and also going to put one in IJ...then I might keep going...it makes such a huge difference in the game, plus if you are sick of hearing a repetitive call out or something, just change it or add in more under that callout file to make it alternate between them randomly!

pm'd

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

Ok I just ordered a board for my GNR I need to see if it is really worth all the hype.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ok I just ordered a board for my GNR I need to see if it is really worth all the hype.

It is, and GNR is such a good candidate for this board, with such low-quality music samples.

Still in the midst of working on my GNR PinSound mix. I've almost got the music sorted out, trying now to figure out how to keep the various samples/callouts from stepping on each other or canceling out when they shouldn't, and then to see what to do about the non-music sound effects.

#13 4 years ago

I hope this is easy to do. I have some computer skills but I don't want to get lost.

2 weeks later
#14 4 years ago

I put a Pinsound board in my GNR and used Julien's sound file downloaded from the Pinsound forums. One issue I have been having is the "Wake up its time to play" line plays randomly in the game. Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Also, does anyone know how to remove that same line from playing at the start of every ball? It's playing so much it's becoming annoying. Ultimately, I would like the board to randomly select either "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" or "Wake up its time to play" to play at the start of ball 1 only and not to play either line during the start of every other ball. Can anyone help me make this happen?

#15 4 years ago

You need to replace that song and call out with another song.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You need to replace that song and call out with another song.

If I change the song won't it just play the new song at the start of every ball? I don't want it to play at the start of every ball...just the start of ball one. The original sound board plays "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" at the start of ball 1 but does NOT play the same line for the start of ball 2 or 3. This is how I want the Pinsound board to act but I also want to add "Wake up its time to play" to be a random possibility for ball 1 only.

#17 4 years ago

You need to change the one that said first ball start.

#18 4 years ago

Getting one soon also. Looking forward to it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

If I change the song won't it just play the new song at the start of every ball? I don't want it to play at the start of every ball...just the start of ball one. The original sound board plays "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" at the start of ball 1 but does NOT play the same line for the start of ball 2 or 3. This is how I want the Pinsound board to act but I also want to add "Wake up its time to play" to be a random possibility for ball 1 only.

I believe you can add multiple songs to a folder and Pinsound will randomly select from the group.

#20 4 years ago

Ok, I think I'm catching on. I found the Welcome launch ball 2 file 000006 which has the wake up line plus the welcome to the jungle tune. I'm going to replace that with just a plain welcome to the jungle tune so that should take care of ball 2 launch. But I can't find a ball 3 tune yet. I'll keep digging.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Ok, I think I'm catching on. I found the Welcome launch ball 2 file 000006 which has the wake up line plus the welcome to the jungle tune. I'm going to replace that with just a plain welcome to the jungle tune so that should take care of ball 2 launch. But I can't find a ball 3 tune yet. I'll keep digging.

Go here on the pinsound website:

http://www.pinsound.org/configuration/

Download the record configuration .ini file to you computer. Unzip and put the config.ini file on your USB drive in the same folder as the audio folder. Now as you play the game it makes of list of each sound that gets called as you play the game. Try to play the game so it only activates the sounds you are trying to identify other wise the list of sounds is huge and makes it hard to find the one you are looking for. After the game is over turn off machine and put USB back in your computer. Look at the output file (cant remember the exact name of the file) which lists all the sounds that were called in the order they were called. You should be able.tomfind the number.of the sound yiunare looking for.

#22 4 years ago

Wow, that's pretty neat! Thanks docquest!

#23 4 years ago

Is it ok to put Van Halen Eruption for the slash solo mode? It sounds awsome I must say lol

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

The original sound board plays "of all the bands in the world we're certainly one of them" at the start of ball 1 but does NOT play the same line for the start of ball 2 or 3. This is how I want the Pinsound board to act but I also want to add "Wake up its time to play" to be a random possibility for ball 1 only.

The "Of all the bands..." sound (#000188) doesn't always get played before ball 1, only sometimes - apparently randomly. But yeah, you can add the "Wake up..." .wav to that 000188 directory so that if the machine does decide to play 000188 before ball 1, it'll pick one of the files you have in there. (000188 is also the sound normally played when you turn the machine on, but it won't get played as the PinSound board is still booting at that time.)

Quoted from Gotpins:

GNR doesn't play different music for different balls. While waiting for you to launch the ball, file 000006 plays - I have that folder labeled in my mix as 'waiting for ball launch.' (The exception to this is if you have the Multiball Ready adjustment set at easy (so that multiball is always lit at your final ball launch even if you don't have all band members on stage) - in that case it will play the 000003 'multiball ready' music instead of 000006.)

Once you do hit launch (assuming you don't go straight into a Guitar mode at launch that plays its own background music) the machine will play 000002 - I refer to that as 'background music - no mode'. Sometimes you'll get 000011 or 000012 (both originally Ain't Going Down) as the background instead - not sure if there's any game logic behind that or if that's a random selection.

Still working on my GNR mix. A lot of tedious back-and-forth between recording games on the machine and then replaying that file on the PC, and some frustration with both the original Data East GNR sound structure and the way the PinSound has to interact with that, but it's rewarding every time I figure out another piece - it's a completely different game with proper audio.

#25 4 years ago

Thanks for the detailed explanation Blackjacker. I have been messing around with removing and changing files and I have a better idea what is going on and how it works. I can see how getting the details right is going to take some time...there is certainly going to be alot of back and forth making adjustments. Not sure I have the patience for that though! I'll keep working on it but if anyone has a GnR sound file that they want to share please pm me as I'd love to try it out.

#26 4 years ago

got mine about 10 days ago ... found it somewhat frustrating although installing was fairly simple except for the location of the data east sound card but its doable, its just a little cramped getting it in there .... I've had zero luck with the GNR.zip file from the pinsound site ... i tried installing it to the flash drive zipped and and unzipped multiple times but i get a error that states "there are no .wav flies on this flash drive" when it boots up ....However i was able to get both of the flies from the forum to work but haven't figured out how to change back and forth on fly yet .... overall it looks like a great idea but it will take some time and patience to get it how i want it and I just haven't had time to sit down and really dig in yet ..... here a few cons for people considering buying one that i didn't think about until I got mine .

1. all sound/voulume control is now done from the backbox instead of reaching inside the coin door ..that is IMO a pain in the A$$ if you have multiple machines side by side and really even if you dont
2. there are several knobs on the card itself that need to be adjusted to your liking (maybe not a con depending on how you look at it)
3. flash drive port on card is in awkward position and you will be inserting and removing it a lot ... again you need to have room to get into the back box and remove the backglass every time.
4. the sound FXs are not real time .. example if you hit the sling shot the ball is all ready redirected on the play field before you hear the sound effect
5. the bootup time has been mentioned before but really doesn't bother me .... just thought i would point it out

overall i think once i get it figured out it can really be cool ... however I really hope u can truly change the files on the fly and be able to mute or lower volume of the game without removing the backglasss everytime. with my setup I have pull the game out with my lift to access the backbox ...... ugh!

"of course that's my opinion, i could be wrong!" - Dennis Miller

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

got mine about 10 days ago ... found it somewhat frustrating although installing was fairly simple except for the location of the data east sound card but its doable, its just a little cramped getting it in there .... I've had zero luck with the GNR.zip file from the pinsound site ... i tried installing it to the flash drive zipped and and unzipped multiple times but i get a error that states "there are no .wav flies on this flash drive" when it boots up ....However i was able to get both of the flies from the forum to work but haven't figured out how to change back and forth on fly yet .... overall it looks like a great idea but it will take some time and patience to get it how i want it and I just haven't had time to sit down and really dig in yet ..... here a few cons for people considering buying one that i didn't think about until I got mine .
1. all sound/voulume control is now done from the backbox instead of reaching inside the coin door ..that is IMO a pain in the A$$ if you have multiple machines side by side and really even if you dont
2. there are several knobs on the card itself that need to be adjusted to your liking (maybe not a con depending on how you look at it)
3. flash drive port on card is in awkward position and you will be inserting and removing it a lot ... again you need to have room to get into the back box and remove the backglass every time.
4. the sound FXs are not real time .. example if you hit the sling shot the ball is all ready redirected on the play field before you hear the sound effect
5. the bootup time has been mentioned before but really doesn't bother me .... just thought i would point it out
overall i think once i get it figured out it can really be cool ... however I really hope u can truly change the files on the fly and be able to mute or lower volume of the game without removing the backglasss everytime. with my setup I have pull the game out with my lift to access the backbox ...... ugh!
"of course that's my opinion, i could be wrong!" - Dennis Miller

You are spot on just exactly how I feel. I would like to add that the description of the file folders needs to be more clear. I'm having a hard time figuring out what sound or song goes with what file folder. I am also getting some song over lap wich is pissing me off

#28 4 years ago

I have noticed this too. Seems to work fine sometimes but other times there is delay or no sound at all. I assumed this was caused by low 12 volts like others have experienced. I have not had the time to diagnose this yet so perhaps not. Can anyone else confirm these are the symptoms of low 12v?

I bought this board to try out in many different game titles. I have to say I'm a bit bummed about how it is working in GnR at the moment. But I assume its operator error and nothing to do with the board.

#29 4 years ago

For those that haven't, here is my mix.

I haven't noticed any delays, or things not where I want them. It may take a little time to figure out what songs go where. It didn't take me long, because I pretty much knew all the modes/songs by the way they were labeled and being so familiar with the game.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

For those that haven't, here is my mix.

I Like it! ...now where do i download it?

all kidding aside i would be thrilled if i could simply just get the default GNR file from pinsound.org to work ..

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is it ok to put Van Halen Eruption for the slash solo mode? It sounds awsome I must say lol

its your game ...do whatever you want

#32 4 years ago

HighwayStarr :
try my mix (less or no delay files)...
You can still use the same pot to adjust volume. Once i adjusted the pinsound board pots to my likes, it's done
i dont touch them again then.
Of course, did you download the latest firmware ?

#33 4 years ago

Add in a USB extension cable. I think the one I used is 9 feet. Run it down into the cabinet and up to the front where you can access it inside the coin door.

It's a must-have when you really get into tweaking and testing your mix.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

HighwayStarr :
try my mix (less or no delay files)...
You can still use the same pot to adjust volume. Once i adjusted the pinsound board pots to my likes, it's done
i dont touch them again then.
Of course, did you download the latest firmware ?

Julien .... I have your mix currently . Yes i did update the firmware

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Add in a USB extension cable. I think the one I used is 9 feet. Run it down into the cabinet and up to the front where you can access it inside the coin door.
It's a must-have when you really get into tweaking and testing your mix.

good idea blackjacker , I didnt think about that ... now if only there were a cable i can use as a mute/vol button

#36 4 years ago

Now if they would just finish up (or do?) the back to the future sound board....I'm ready when!

#37 4 years ago

I figured out the sound delay issue and periods of no sound I was having. My problem was two part, first I had low voltage going to the sound board. With a meter hooked up, I was getting 10-10.5v while playing and 11v while in attract mode. Second problem was the usb flash stick I was using. It was a brand new 16G stick and for some reason it just is causing a major delay in sounds and some sound loss. I bought a few flash drives so I could leave the files for one game on them and just swap flash drives when I swap the board from game to game. I went back to using the one supplied and all problems go away. After fixing those two issues it's easy to swap files and make changes and get the results I thought I should get. Rock on Pinsound!

#38 4 years ago

Just going to throw in my experience...

My Pinsound wouldn't convert any of the GNR .zip files. Turned out to be a faulty thumb drive that shipped with the unit. Before all was said and done, the thumb drive was reading 192mb....

Switching out thumb drives is an easy and viable troubleshooting step with this board.

Quoted from Gotpins:

I figured out the sound delay issue and periods of no sound I was having. My problem was two part, first I had low voltage going to the sound board. With a meter hooked up, I was getting 10-10.5v while playing and 11v while in attract mode. Second problem was the usb flash stick I was using. It was a brand new 16G stick and for some reason it just is causing a major delay in sounds and some sound loss. I bought a few flash drives so I could leave the files for one game on them and just swap flash drives when I swap the board from game to game. I went back to using the one supplied and all problems go away. After fixing those two issues it's easy to swap files and make changes and get the results I thought I should get. Rock on Pinsound!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My Pinsound wouldn't convert any of the GNR .zip files. Turned out to be a faulty thumb drive that shipped with the unit. Before all was said and done, the thumb drive was reading 192mb....
Switching out thumb drives is an easy and viable troubleshooting step with this board.

Cool .. Thanks for the tip. I've only tried the drive they shipped with it ...ill try another first of the week... Too much else going on this weekend. I did add the extension cable though as black jacker suggested

#40 4 years ago

Has anyone thought about uploading their mixes to the Pinsound forum?

Shacklersrevenge I watched your video. Nice mix. If possible you should upload it. Right now I believe the only 2 available are the stock OST and Julien's mixes.

Would be great to have some more to choose from.

I'm trying to make my own. Fooling around with Audacity to modify the WAV files.
I will upload it if I ever get it done.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

meh .... tried a completely different thumb drive ... same result ... an annoying alarm tone and voice saying "there are no .wav files in the audio directory" .... that was with both the "*.zip file only on the drive and I also tried unzipping the files and putting them directly in the audio directory ..but got same annoying result .... I also notice when these filesa re unzipped I can see the individual files and folder names but when I click/open them there is nothing there .... 0 bytes ...... what the heck am I doing wrong?

anyone??? little help please?

#42 4 years ago

meh .... tried a completely different thumb drive ... same result ... an annoying alarm tone and voice saying "there are no .wav files in the audio directory" .... that was with both the "*.zip file only on the drive and I also tried unzipping the files and putting them directly in the audio directory ..but got same annoying result .... I also notice when these filesa re unzipped I can see the individual files and folder names but when I click/open them there is nothing there .... 0 bytes ...... what the heck am I doing wrong?
anyone??? little help please?

Did you download your .zip via the link below, from http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/data-east-r3/guns-n-roses/ ?

elvis_is_dead.jpg

That just downloads an empty folder structure. Just gives you the basic layout, but no audio.

The pinsound-community.org site has the folder structure including the original sounds.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Did you download your .zip via the link below, from http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/data-east-r3/guns-n-roses/ ?
elvis_is_dead.jpg
That just downloads an empty folder structure. Just gives you the basic layout, but no audio.
The pinsound-community.org site has the folder structure including the original sounds.

heh

Hmmmmm... OK so that would be the "Guns_and_Roses_1994.zip By gerald " .... I see .... I had to completely delete Julian's mix off the thumb drive to revert back to this one. .. (still cant seem to figure out how to change on the fly either) .... I don't know guys, I'm not that impressed .. I downloaded that initially when I set it up but its pretty jumpy on the audio here and there which is why I had no idea that it was the "official" standard mix . ... i'm a bit disappointed again as I was expecting much better .... unless i'm missing something its really not significantly better than the stock card sounds from 1994 and yes I have done the speaker upgrade ... it seems to me at this point the charm of this card is being able to make your own sound mixes... I'm no audiophile but I do know that so far my game doesn't really sound any better ......... guess I need to start mixing or this thing is s going to end up on eBay real quick

#44 4 years ago

I can't get my board to work. I download the zip, it converts successfully, but then the game has no audio. Tried both GNR mixes and two thumb drives. I hear audio during the conversion process.

Any ideas?

#45 4 years ago

OK so that would be the "Guns_and_Roses_1994.zip By gerald " .... I see .... I had to completely delete Julian's mix off the thumb drive to revert back to this one. .. (still cant seem to figure out how to change on the fly either) .... I don't know guys, I'm not that impressed .. I downloaded that initially when I set it up but its pretty jumpy on the audio here and there which is why I had no idea that it was the "official" standard mix . ... i'm a bit disappointed again as I was expecting much better .... unless i'm missing something its really not significantly better than the stock card sounds from 1994 and yes I have done the speaker upgrade

It's no better than the "stock card sounds" because the files in that .zip ARE the stock sounds, ripped straight from the sound ROMs in all of their super-low-resolution glory. The PinSound board isn't going to improve the sound of those (garbage in = garbage out) other than offering you the ability to separately adjust the treble and bass. Consider that .zip a starting point, a 'template' if you will, and start replacing individual effects or background music. Using the game record function of the PinSound board is a good idea, too - play a game (or pull the glass and manually trigger switches) and then step through the .psrec file in PinSound Studio to see what sounds are getting triggered for each event.

Many of those sounds in that .zip aren't laid out in the best folder locations for playback, either, as you've noticed (the 'jumpy' audio.) As you're putting together your mix you'll want to be sure that appropriate audio types end up in the proper folder - the PinSound board handles the sounds in the 5 folder types differently (from http://www.pinsound.org/sound-files-usage/):

“voice” folder
In this folder, voices or callout are stored.
Multiple voices can be played simultaneously (depending of the machine)
Voices are played over music and sfx

“sfx” folder
This folder for SFX is where are stored are very short sounds.
Multiple SFX can be played simultaneously, over music and voices.

“music” folder
Music files are looped and played continuously until stopped by the CPU or by a single.

“jingle” folder
Jingles are short music clips which are played once while the music that was previously playing is paused. This music is resumed once the jingle has been played.

“single” folder
Same as jingle, but the music is stopped and don’t resume as the jingle does.

it seems to me at this point the charm of this card is being able to make your own sound mixes... I'm no audiophile but I do know that so far my game doesn't really sound any better

That's exactly the point of the card. As mentioned, it won't do anything for the lousy stock audio except give you some minor equalization capability.

I'll try to post a sample video of my in-progress GNR mix tonight.

#46 4 years ago

Jalpert, Have you turned your volume stick all the way up?...I mean all the way. On my game the volume is adjustable only on the top 1/8 twist of the volume pot. So in that last 1/8 of movement I go from no volume to full volume. Seems stupid but make sure its turned up.

#47 4 years ago

HighwayStarr, Have you checked the 12v on your board? Seems like you are getting the delayed and missing audio from low voltage combined with the poor audio from the old files. I was using Juliens mix and wasn't impressed because it was acting strange and I was ready to give up but then checked the 12v and found it was around 10v while playing. I repinned my power supply and reflowed the solder on the bridge and fuses holders and helped get me to 11v. Now the board works fine and plays sound correctly. Just plain Juliens mix does sound better than stock and is a great starting point to start customizing.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

HighwayStarr, Have you checked the 12v on your board? Seems like you are getting the delayed and missing audio from low voltage combined with the poor audio from the old files. I was using Juliens mix and wasn't impressed because it was acting strange and I was ready to give up but then checked the 12v and found it was around 10v while playing. I repinned my power supply and reflowed the solder on the bridge and fuses holders and helped get me to 11v. Now the board works fine and plays sound correctly. Just plain Juliens mix does sound better than stock and is a great starting point to start customizing.

oh yeah ..... i read your post last Friday regarding it but i forgot about it ...... ill check it out tonight and let you know ..thanks!

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

That's exactly the point of the card. As mentioned, it won't do anything for the lousy stock audio except give you some minor equalization capability.
I'll try to post a sample video of my in-progress GNR mix tonight.

ahhhhh .Thanks blackjacker .. i guess i was expecting too much , too easily ... obviously I shoulda known better ... i thought the GNR Zip files would already have been upgraded in this age of plug and play .... this is now taking me back to 1994 and my 486SX 33Mhz 4 MB RAM computer with my "soundblaster" sound card ... Ha!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

+1
You are very right, that is the solution with the poor 12v, after checking the pot which must be higher with the pinsound board.
I already said, reflowing the power board was the way to go, to make my 4 data east games working great with the pinsound when i had a poor 12V (cut during Mball).

And use my 1.0 mix as a start, you will hear a huge difference, then look at the file structure, maybe change the voice 000188 (played randomly at the beginning of the game) or the music 000006 (waiting for launching ball) to compare.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside