You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Was close to pulling the trigger on a
New ac/dc premium but today I was offerd
A local LOTR
It up. It's in pretty good shape.
My goal is to build a 3 machine collection
2 pins to go (may have to get a second job).
Ac/dc is next!

// Error: Image 57208 not found //

#2 11 years ago

They run about $49 from Pinball Life I think.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Was close to pulling the trigger on a
New ac/dc premium but today I was offerd
A local LOTR for $3300 I couldn't pass
It up. It's in pretty good shape. The worst thing
Is the wear on the cabinet around the flipper
Buttons. Wondering what the new style stern
Rails cost (the ones that cover the flipper buttons)
My goal is to build a 3 machine collection
2 pins to go (may have to get a second job).
Ac/dc is next!

Grata on the game. Enjoy this epic journey! ACDC rocks next to LoTR because you have a very well incorporated story mode long ball time style game with LoTR in one hand. And an epic fast, rocking and great multiplayer type game with ACDC in the other. I own both btw

Good luck. And I agree pinheadpuckguy, pinballlife for side rails. Deal with confidence.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks guys! By the way I rescued this pin from a truck stop 30 miles from me, it sat in a small Rarley used game room (I snapped the picture just before it got loaded up)

Forgot to ask are the side rails easy to install?

#5 11 years ago

Forgot to ask are the side rails easy to install?

Very. Just screws holding them on. Piece of cake. Congrats on the LOTR!

Todd

#6 11 years ago

Nice score! My favorite game. If it doesn't have them already, make sure you get all of the playfield protectors there are for it. (arwen plastic for sure)

#7 11 years ago

nice price, i'd be curious to see the rest of the machine/playfield if you have more pics, thanks.

#8 11 years ago

Congrats on the find!

#9 11 years ago

Great game ! Nice score

#10 11 years ago

Very nice find and a great price, that's how it's done! Enjoy!

#11 11 years ago

Congrats. ACDC and LOTR are both on my wish list! I may actually add the later to my collection soon. Was hesitating because of cabinet wear (good advice for the stern Rails cost... same problem the flipper buttons for the machine I seek) and distance - 800 miles...

#12 11 years ago

Congrats on your LOTR, here are some links to things you will want to buy and add to your game.

Stern side rails with integrated flipper button covers
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

Path of Dead Deflector (helps divert balls from dropping or breaking the Arwin plastic)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=464

Orthanc Rebound Jam Defender (prevents the ball from bouncing back in the VUK)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=491

Cliffy Protectors (don't forget to order the shooter lane protector too)
http://passionforpinball.com/lotr.htm
http://passionforpinball.com/balleject/Phil-LOTReject.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Mwong very helpful thanks!
I just ordered a set of stern side rails (great idea to cover the flipper button wear)
About to order path of the dead protector.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Path of Dead Deflector (helps divert balls from dropping or breaking the Arwin plastic)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=464

Always deflecting to the habitrail is lame as hell. Just sandwich the Arwen plastic with the protectors, it should be fine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 11 years ago

Congrats! Gomez's best design, IMO. I tried to watch the first LOTR movie and couldn't get into it; but after playing this game for the first time a couple of weeks ago I may revisit the series.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Always deflecting to the habitrail is lame as hell. Just sandwich the Arwen plastic with the protectors, it should be fine.

agreed; ive had my LoTR for 6 years. Arwen plastic protector is fine for HUO environment. Hopefully your arwen plastic isnt already broke?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

agreed; ive had my LoTR for 6 years. Arwen plastic protector is fine for HUO environment. Hopefully your arwen plastic isnt already broke?

Even if it is, you can get a repro from www.littleshopofgames.com.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I am different here. I think it is odd to have the ball simply drop off the path and bounce off a plastic and into the Shire. It looks like the marble in Mousetrap from when I was a kid. Dropping into the wireform seems more graceful.

I get enough balls flying into the Shire during the game that I don't miss the ones from the Path of the Dead going there.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I am different here. I think it is odd to have the ball simply drop off the path and bounce off a plastic and into the Shire. It looks like the marble in Mousetrap from when I was a kid. Dropping into the wireform seems more graceful.

+1 on that.....diverter into the wire form is the way to go..

#20 11 years ago

Chill, flash & mwong I am curious about this I remember the first time I played LOTR I thought
Something was wrong with the game (broken plastic or something)when the ball dropped into the shire. Is there any downside to diverting the ball into the wire form? Sure seems smoother!

#21 11 years ago

Chill, flash & mwong I am curious about this I remember the first time I played LOTR I thought
Something was wrong with the game (broken plastic or something)when the ball dropped into the shire. Is there any downside to diverting the ball into the wire form? Sure seems smoother!

When you divert the ball into the wire form you don't get the additional souls that you get when it drops into the shire. I prefer just to use a plastic protector and let the ball drop wherever. Mostly into the shire, but sometime into the wireform, or even directly on the playfield. But to each his own.

#22 11 years ago

There is a scoring issue. The game is designed to rack up more "souls" when the ball drops into the Shire vuk. I put the pinbits protectors over the Arwen plastic, and all is good. I didn't like the diverter, didn't want to change game play.

#23 11 years ago

You don't need the extra "souls" dropping the ball into the shire vuk imo...wireform diverter makes the pin flow more smoothly

#24 11 years ago

It's mainly personal preferance. These are designed to keep the plastic from breaking. I have never had an issue.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=320

#25 11 years ago

Great buy for a great price!!!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

There is a scoring issue. The game is designed to rack up more "souls" when the ball drops into the Shire vuk. I put the pinbits protectors over the Arwen plastic, and all is good. I didn't like the diverter, didn't want to change game play.

Exactly, the game was DESIGNED so that it drops into the Shire about 50% of the time. I'm a bit of a purist, so I like to keep things how they were originally designed.

#27 11 years ago

I've had my LOTR for a few months now and I'm starting to really resent the POTD. It just slows down the game and really has nothing going for it. I suppose you can try to nudge the ball through the higher scoring rollovers but that's still quite dull. The whole diverter issue just tops off the whole half arsed design of the thing. Pretty sick of "GET HOLD OF YOURSELF" too...

Still a fun game overall but not a keeper for me. I already got to TABA and I don't see Valinor happening any time this century so I'm looking to sell in January maybe. Hopefully the new Hobbit film will make it's popularity rise a little?

£265m is my HS, 3 ball factory settings. Any good? I think mine has the PH flipper coils in though and make it much easier to hit the Ring shot.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

've had my LOTR for a few months now and I'm starting to really resent the POTD. It just slows down the game and really has nothing going for it.

You can double flip to skip the cut scene on the POTD and that speeds things up a bit. During a long game I like POTD because I can take a quick drink!

Quoted from bigduke6:

I didn't like the diverter, didn't want to change game play.

I agree with this, but I use the diverter and still hit the Shire quite often.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gunna-have-to-wait-to-buy-my-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.