• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
dirtyharry switch matrix (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

The video showing the gun moving and it seems like its in working order,It is registering like it should when you hear the beeps it means its working.
Can you take a video showing the game turned off and then turn the game on and only just showing the screen.It would be more helpful to see the
screen and what it says

#7 5 years ago

Have you tried a factory reset?

#8 5 years ago

I know it might not solve your problem but just curious,Its pointing to U20 on the cpu.When you test the switches in the switch menu do other switches register at the same time?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

check switch 44 and it's on the same row as 24

They are not in the same row,Slam tilt is switch 21
Right ramp and slam tilt are in the same row

#12 5 years ago

Hmmmm,I don't know what to say also...Lol!! From watching your vids it seems everything is working in proper order.Did you play a few games to see if the problem returned?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

The only odd thing I noticed was the gun started to swivel at one point during gameplay

Oh i see,This could indicate a few things
1.The opto transmitter could be flaky/dirty/needs cleaning or it might need a reflow of solder on the wire.
2.Does the gun opto under the playfield have a small connector if it does try reseatting that connector
3.During gameplay the playfield and the moving parts cause vibration and the connector on the opto board might need to be reseatted also.
If the problem returns try doing these,Any which way just post back if it returns

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Oh, and just to be clear, reseating a lamp matrix connector (on the power board) while the machine is in test mode or attract mode, would not be the cause of it?

No,But if you were working on your game or changing out bulbs while the power is on is a very bad idea,Because you can easily cause a short and blow out U20 on the CPU.Then crazy things start to happen like the switches and optos start acting up and switch matrix start randomly start activating a whole row of switches.It's always best to power off the game if your going to do anything even removing the playfield glass

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

That I know of. I never work under the pf with power on. I understand it's easy to blow U20 by accidentally sending high voltage into the lamp matrix.
But thanks for the advice anyway. I will let this thread rest a bit. If I find anything else with the gun opto or such, I will write an update. Thank you

No problem,your very welcome and post back if you run into more issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-broken-and-suddenly-right-ramp-slam-tilt?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.