Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#804 4 years ago

Crossbreed is nice for a G30.

2 weeks later
#823 4 years ago

Don't take them to a brick and mortar gun shop! They are brutal when buying and you will be lucky to get half of what they are worth. Best bet is to sell them on Gunbroker. You will have to ship to an FFL in the buyer's state most likely but you will get the best price. Look at Gunbroker sales for a similar gun to see what a realistic asking price should be.

If you don't want to do Gunbroker, take them to a large gun show in your area and carry them around with a for sale sign. Also show them to several dealers at the show and get some competing offers. Depending on your state's laws, you may or may not need to go through an FFL at the show to complete the sale. Rules sometimes vary depending on whether its a rifle or hand gun, but some states allow private sales of either. Do a search for your state laws or look on-line for a gun forum in your state for advice.

I'm guessing the Luger alone would bring 1000 or more depending on dates, model, etc. Each of the others should be worth at least 400 or more. Do some research.

6 months later
#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’ve been a shotgun guy but think it’s time for a handgun for home safety. I’m thinking Walther PPK.

The ppk is a sexy pistol, but it's not much fun to shoot. Kicks like a mule! You might want to look instead at a sig p365, a glock 26 or 43, or something similar. Bigger caliber and easier to shoot!

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

These are more for concealed carry, not sure I would recommend any of these 3 for 'home safety' unless you have small hands

Boscokid makes a good point. I assumed since the original pick was PPK, carrying was a consideration. If no concealed carry in planned and the pistol is strictly home defense, go with something bigger, with more rounds, and even easier to shoot. G17, FN FNX, 1911, Uzi, MP5 clone, etc, really almost anything by a respected manufacturer. Or just stick with a pump shotgun or carbine length AR and forget about it.

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Have been thinking about this for a while. How much ammo are you guys stocking?
I only keep 4 or 5 boxes on hand. Granted I have friends that can reload but still curious how many rounds is enough

How much do you shoot in a year? What if ammo is difficult to get for the next 6 months or longer? What likelihood do you assign to social unrest getting really bad in the upcoming months? Each person needs to decide for themselves what is appropriate. But a gun without ammo is basically a unique paperweight.

2 weeks later
#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Who went to Morgantown gun show this weekend? I went with my fat wife, her sister and husband. It was packed. 1/4 mile line to get inside and not much there. I was able to pick up another 1k of 9 but it was the last and crap.
I joke about my fat wife. It’s more the opposite. I’m afraid of her! She is shooting my G48 but some of the shots are with her 365 XL.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was there! Decent show considering there aren't many others open right now. I got some 300bo sub but am embarrassed to say I paid $280/200 rds! I normally would not do that, but am just getting into 300bo and didn't have time to build up supply before the crap hit the fan. I need to have some on hand to play with!

2 weeks later
#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Is there a good place to offer up firearms for trade for a pinball machine?

Post your thoughts here in this thread. You might find someone local who is interested.

2 months later
#1249 3 years ago

Glock 30 is slightly larger than a Glock 26 but holds 9+1 rounds of 45. I find it conceals well with a good holster like Crossbreed. I shoot it better than both 9mm and 40 in similar sized guns since its recoil is more of a push and I can double tap faster with it. Glock 43 is nice and small but only holds 7 rds of 9mm (if I remember correctly). I'd rather have more and bigger rounds for carry these days. For really small carry, I love the Sig 365 which is smaller than the Glock 26, on par with the Glock 43, but holds 10+1 9mm. Shoots well also. They are all good guns. You can't go wrong with any of them.

11 months later
#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Well, I ended up buying another original USMC M40 this week! This one is all matching serial numbers and has even been signed by Carlos Hathcock! Here it is (bottom rifle) with Major Dick Culver's M40 (top rifle):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here's a link to the original listing, there's also a short video clip of Carlos Hathcock signing the rifle at an event in 1992:
https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/products/158599-rare-original-usmc-m40-sniper-rifle-signed-by-carlos-hathcock-30701.html
I also removed the Colt scope on my M16A1 clone and attached a PVS-1, I think it looks awesome!
[quoted image]

Sure wish we lived closer! Between the guns and the cigars, I'm betting we would be friends!

7 months later
#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

I've got one and it even has a Gen 1 or Gen 2 trigger pack in it. The Gen 1/2 trigger packs are worth a lot because...... reasons. Lol. I put an Aimpoint on mine, it's the perfect optic for these rifles!
On another note, I bought 9 silencers this week, lol. Here's the list:
SF FA762K
SF FA762SS
SF SOCOM RC1 5.55
Sig Mod X-9
Ops Inc 15th Model 5.56
2 x Allen Engineering AEM5's
2 x B&T VP9's
The 2 B&T silencers come with their VP9 pistol. I've always wanted a WWII Welrod pistol, but I don't even know if there are any in private collections, they're that rare. A few years ago B&T announced that they were going to be making a modern version of the Welrod, which they called the VP9 (not affiliated with H&K's VP9, completely different pistol). I could never find the B&T VP9, they were always out of stock, but I finally found one for sale this week! It took a few years to get and I still have a few months waiting for the stamps, but I'm extremely happy with this find! If you don't know what the B&T VP9 is, you can read about it here in this article:
https://www.recoilweb.com/bt-vp9-review-veterinary-pistol-163880.html
Did anyone else get anything exiting recently? Hopefully you guys have been able to find things that you've been searching for!

Whatever you do, don't ever send your PS90 back to FN for work. Rumor has it that it will likely come back with a Gen 3/4 trigger pack!

3 weeks later
#1805 1 year ago

Picked up a Cleopatra today and a few additional things followed me home!
Short bayonet is I'm guessing an m16 bayonet.
It is marked Colt and Made in Germany. Snaps on its sheath have Eickhorn on rivets and sheath is stamped US M8A1 and Germany.
Not sure about the longer two bayonets. Mauser?? One marked Erfurt under a crown. The other is marked (?) maybe W.K.8C or something like that with some other numbers and letters under that.
Any idea what they are and rough value??
Oh, the powder cans were a bonus. Not much Unique in there but maybe half full of Bullseye!

20220716_134703 (resized).jpg20220716_134703 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1825 1 year ago

Any makers name or marks on it? If not, may be home built from a kit.

1 month later
#1833 1 year ago

I don't have a problem with hearing what you guys have for sale, but I would only really be interested in stuff available in my home state unless it's something really worth the shipping.

9 months later
#2003 9 months ago

Third hole! Nice!!!

6 months later
#2059 89 days ago

Cats are always thinking of ways to kill their owners. I'd keep the ammo far away from the Mauser if I were you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.