Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Opinions please.
1911 long slide 10mm. Dan Wesson Bruin or Springfield armory TRP RMR. The SA comes with red dot sight from factory. Both are very close in price.
TIA.[quoted image][quoted image]

10mm is a beast. Most 1911s can’t handle it. Either the frames will crack or the spring setup will be so heavy that the slide cycles faster than it should so the disconnector slot catches the top of the hammer and breaks. At that point you need a new slide. I had it happen on a Colt Delta Elite and on an EAA Hunter. 10mm was designed on the glock platform and that’s where it needs to stay.

4 months later
#920 3 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Just under 7 months for my first...
[quoted image]

I’ve waited as little as 3 months and as many as 15 for a can to get out of jail. I really miss the eFile for building an SBR!

1 week later
#926 3 years ago

Did someone say MP5?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#957 3 years ago

I went with some friends to shoot steel plates this weekend. I brought my SP89. I hadn’t had it out in a while. I forgot how fast and fun that gun is. I ran the plates course with that faster than a totally race ready STI.

1 year later
#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

All - my on again, off again search for a classic 12g (say pre 1960) is back on, thinking something like a Model 12.
I recently stumbled across a 1930 Browning A5 'humpback' locally that appears to be in good condition but I cant look at it in person until next week, what would one guess something like this sells for?
https://reagan-watsonauctions.hibid.com/lot/114286874/browning-five-shot-automatic-12-gauge-humpback/?q=shotgun
[quoted image]

You sure that’s circa 1930’s? I thought the pre WW2 guns had the safety at the front of the trigger guard?

Belgium prices are all over. People ask crazy prices sometimes. I’ll see a 60’s Belgium, no rib, with a Cutts in average condition that people are asking $1600 for and sometimes they’ll pop up for $800. Browning collectors are actually odder, more temperamental and can be bigger pricks/snobs than pinball collectors. Never tel a Browning guy you push barbed wire fences down with your Auto5. It’s worse than telling a pinball guy about drilling hasp holes in WPC games as a teenager.

#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Also, hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like the forend might be cracked. [quoted image]

I’ve never seen a Belgium A5 that didn’t have a cracked forend.

1 week later
#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The Browning A5 is an absolute classic! With all those on sale I bet you could come away with a good shooter that will last forever for under $150.

That’s surely a typo? I haven’t seen an Auto 5 sell for $150 on a legit transaction in over two decades.

1 month later
#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

This is at a local Estate sale, S.E. Michigan. I think I will pass[quoted image][quoted image]

Beretta 380? I traded one of those last year for a Benelli SBE 1. They’re actually fairly collectible for the guys that collect pocket pistols and the guys that collect militaria

1 month later
#1777 1 year ago

I’ve got too many scatterguns, so I need to let some go. If anyone is looking, I’ll sell two for a very reasonable price. I’ll even ship for free. Both have factory boxes and all chokes. First (as pictured, more pics upon request) Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting Limited. 12ga 32” barrels. KickEez pad. Right palm swell. Second (pics on request) Beretta A303 Upland Special. Very rare. Extremely hard to find for sale. 20ga 24” English stock.

PM for details if interested

78A612ED-E9F5-4428-AEB3-98973FE471DC (resized).jpeg78A612ED-E9F5-4428-AEB3-98973FE471DC (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

I think I was at 8 or 9 months. The last one I did the old way and THAT was about 90 days. Very likely this is my last one since I’ll now have one for almost everything. Pistol rifle and now shotgun.

I miss the old days of efile a form 1 was under 30 days and the form 4 took less than 180. Been a while. When braces became popular, I was doing SBR form 1’s. Lotta folks told me I was dumb. I put a mossy 500 on a form 1. Same configuration as a shockwave. Same folks told me I was dumb. It’ll probably end up like the brace scenario.

11 months later
#2070 54 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

$400 gently used from a coworker. Looks like they go new for around $550 or so so I’m happy with the price. If I ever find myself in a stagecoach I’ll be set!
This one is a 20ga so it’s set to easy mode I assume. Never shot a 20 before.
[quoted image]

Probably has a bit more thump than you’re expecting…you of course have to pull both triggers at the same time!

#2072 53 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

That sounds reassuring I was worried it might be too weak of a round. I don’t have any intended use for it other than plinking at garbage at maybe a closer range than a 12ga. Will see how well I do at clays with it.

Remember, when you swing it to lead and shoot a crossing clays, the barrels are not pointing straight-they’re pointing towards each other slightly. So, clay moving right to left, you’ll want to lead more with the right barrel than the left, but less if you’re shooting the left barrel on a left to right flyer. I couldn’t ever get used to it. I spent a bunch on a 28ga SXS once for quail and just couldn’t hit a bird with it. Sold it. Took my loss. Went back to shooting an auto loader.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.