Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Revisiting "accidental discharges".
Looking back, there are no "accidents", only carelessness and failure to follow proper handling rules.

Good video i ran into about ADs

#1267 3 years ago

Anyone get hands on the new Springfield 2020?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1444 2 years ago

Got my 22 barrel threaded. Wooop!

2AF27891-4F64-40BF-AD70-B335CC0E3ECE (resized).jpeg2AF27891-4F64-40BF-AD70-B335CC0E3ECE (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#1461 2 years ago

is that an aftermarket trigger?

3 weeks later
#1492 2 years ago

Anyone get hands on a savage impulse yet?
https://www.savagearms.com/impulse

2 months later
#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

AR parts are getting cheap again. Maybe the ammo issue is lowering hardware demand.
My first upper in a very long time. And first 7.62x39.[quoted image]

Sweet!!

#1547 2 years ago

The only downside to the 7.62x39 ar is 223 rounds get stuck if you accidentally drop a bolt with the wrong mag. Just need to keep your friends aware of what’s on the table.

3 months later
#1670 2 years ago

Picked up an mro. One nice thing about gun stuff is it’s fairly easy to get things made in USA

140ECDF4-917E-4CDF-9BA6-4EAC600C0875 (resized).jpeg140ECDF4-917E-4CDF-9BA6-4EAC600C0875 (resized).jpeg
#1672 2 years ago

Sig 556, it’s kinda neat..

2 weeks later
#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Well, it took a few years, but I'm officially done with all 5 major variations of the Daniel Defense Block II uppers with SureFire 4 prong flash hiders! From top to bottom (with barrel lengths) they are:
M4A1 FSP, 14.5"
M4A1, 14.5"
GL/SSC, 12.5"
Mk18 FSP, 10.3"
Mk18, 10.3"
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The GL/SSC stands for Grenade Launcher/Sound Suppression Capable and it's the shortest DD rail that you can attach an M203 grenade launcher to. I'm extremely fortunate to have the GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails in my collection, those rails are extremely rare. There's only a handful of each known to be in private collections and there's probably 5 or less people on the planet that have both of these rails in their collection! Most of the ones you see in collections are cut down M4A1 rails that still retain their M4A1 markings. Here's the markings on my original GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails:
[quoted image]
Here's the GL/SSC by itself:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I have a few more of these DD Block II uppers as well, all but one upper has optics and accessories. Next step will be trying to find silencers for all of them, then finding lower receivers to Form 1 as SBR's. These detailed clone builds take a ton of time and patience! All of the parts are either military surplus or clone correct. Let me know if you guys have any questions about clone builds or need assistance with getting started on a build, I'll do what I can to help out and share pics/knowledge.
[quoted image]
Also, Joint Force Enterprises has some amazing Remington items for sale right now! Shoot them a call if you need any original M24 rifles or parts, their phone number is 904-800-6333 (press 1 when it asks which department to connect to). They're selling Remington M24 receivers with a C prefix serial number (early 1990's) and US stamp for $600 each! That's a very good deal for a rare, original, historical US military used receiver! They also sell the long action bolt bodies and firing pin assembly to go with the receivers.
I'm going to be building one of my receivers into an M24 clone using original parts. I plan on using the other receivers on unique custom builds. I highly recommend picking up at least 1 C prefix US marked M24 receiver for your collection. Here's the receivers I recently picked up (I already had the M24 scope bases and triggers in my collection):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, hardcore!
Anyone have any experience with form1 suppressors? I have a few form 4 cans, but figured I’d try the diy route and see how long it takes.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Form 1 is a permission slip so don’t build any part til you get the stamp in hand. Rest is about the same except instead of transcribing data you are the originator. Can’t help you mechanically.

Yeah, have a couple form 4s in the pipe.. seems like things have slowed down.. hoping the form 1 will come back in a few weeks instead of months.

#1682 2 years ago

hah, I'll guess the early birds to the e-form4 maybe get through "quick" but they're probably already swamped with the big retailers pumping "approval in 90 days" Crummy to wait up to a year or more for something that should be over the counter.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I have added 2 AK-54R rifles to my collection.
[quoted image]

I really like pairs.. two is one and one is none kinda thing.

2 weeks later
#1686 2 years ago

Check this score out. maybe more of a toy.. Made in USA Red Ryder from 1984, still in the plastic wrap! Who keeps something like this for almost 40 years!?

17FDA945-7E6C-48EE-B6C9-B02E384FC5B0 (resized).jpeg17FDA945-7E6C-48EE-B6C9-B02E384FC5B0 (resized).jpeg
#1688 2 years ago

Well, My boys are gonna have a good time with it! Kinda neat to find one so old I could have opened it when I was a kid.

3 months later
#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Easy to type that on the internet, and I intend to agree.
But being involved in a real situation where I had to pull a firearm your mind plays the situation over an over again and I am thankful I didn't have to shoot

Also Maryland... Not the worst, but there's 40 some other states that would be a better place to get caught in a self defense situation.

#1772 1 year ago

So is Leupold generally the best choice for made in USA optics? anyone know some other bargains out there? C-More red dots seem like a reasonably priced choice for US made.

#1775 1 year ago

Where do you find surplussed military scopes?
I didn’t know that about Vortex, I thought they were a US company that sold Asian built optics, that’s good to know. What kind of reticle do you find on the nightforce military scopes? If i ever get enough land to setup a longer distance range one of those christmas tree reticles seem like they might be really fun.

1 week later
#1788 1 year ago

My dad bought a Henry remake, i think he threw it away. total junk.

1 month later
#1809 1 year ago

guy holding it looks really enthusiastic.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone get hands on a savage impulse yet?
https://www.savagearms.com/impulse

I finally got a few shots on the Savage Impulse, oh yeah, I'm lovin' it. I have a browning t-bolt for a nice straight pull pair... would love to have an Anschutz biathlon (edit: Fortner action), but yet to justify the $$ for a .22
There's something sweet about sliding a bullet straight home into the chamber.

1 month later
#1832 1 year ago

Probably not the biggest audience for selling.. worse case the mods nix your post.

4 months later
#1921 1 year ago

I suckered into the e-form 4
90 days.... HAH! I swear every time I check current wait times it's a month longer than I've been waiting... every time.
I love suppressors, but geez, the legal hoops involved are ridiculous for a piece of threaded pipe.

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I miss the old days of efile a form 1 was under 30 days and the form 4 took less than 180. Been a while. When braces became popular, I was doing SBR form 1’s. Lotta folks told me I was dumb. I put a mossy 500 on a form 1. Same configuration as a shockwave. Same folks told me I was dumb. It’ll probably end up like the brace scenario.

All but my last paper form were faster than the fancy new e-form

#1926 1 year ago

I totally avoided the SBR thing. Just seems like the next bigger can of worms from suppressors, maybe not that much bigger, but permission/paperwork to cross state lines and the whole brace deal felt like being friend-zoned.

#1928 1 year ago

I wonder what kind of good old boy system they have going on to get in the short list. With it being computerized how could anyone skip the line, it makes no sense to me. Also.. wow, the paper form 4 must be a one man show now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1930 1 year ago

One would think being electronic and if you had a prior approval in the database, most followup submissions would be form 3 speed.
It's an odd world we live in where 30 days to stamp some paperwork is too good to be true.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.