Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Awesome. Pictures coming soon.

1 week later
#31 7 years ago

Ok I will play. A few here and there and start little.

Modern Ruger .380 and 1955 Astra .22 short
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1st run Colt .380 government and modern Walther .22

#34 7 years ago

Modern Smith & Wesson hammer less .38 special (motorcycle pistol) and modern 9mm Ruger

#35 7 years ago

1941 M1895 Nagant 7.62x38mmR Russian military revolver and 1941 modelo 400 9mm largo Astra.

#39 7 years ago

Modern GSG 1911 .22 same weight, balance, and feel of a full size 1911.
1953 Romanian Cugir Tokarov in 7.62x25mm tokarov

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Next we have a nice array of shotguns including a rare Remington 1100 field special that I got from my late uncle.
And some of my pistols. We have a Smith and Wesson 22a with a red dot. IWI baby desert eagle (essentially a jericho 941) in 9mm. And a sig sauer p320 in 45acp.
I do pvd coatings at work so I have the barrel of the baby eagle coated in titanium aluminum nitride and the sig barrel and ar bolt carrier coated in titanium nitride.

I will take 2 please.

#42 7 years ago

I say get both, depends on the deal. Value will never go down.

AK's used to be $300 along with $100 SKS's. Now a decent AK is in AR money range ($600~700) 1911's will probably stay about the same because so many companies are manufacturing them now.

#43 7 years ago

Since 1911's were brought up I will skip ahead in size.

Modern Taurus pt1911ar in .45acp

Randall a111 in .45acp (SWEET pistol, 1st all stainless 45, very limited numbers. Got lucky on this one) One of my favorites.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My Kimber. This is chambered in 9mm.

Good choice. 9mm ammo will be around forever and it holds more than 7.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This would be a lot of pics for me lol..
I'll start with this for now... In my state this is preban so it's a $3k+ gun. Dad got it in '89 now my kids will get it

That's not just a pre ban in your state that's a pre ban period. Still had lug and angled flash. Looks like a Norinco in very nice shape. Was probably $350 new.

#50 7 years ago

One more for now, don't want to bore everyone. Moving into the spray and pray area.

Couple of Kel-Tec's
Tec9 and a PLR 16 in .223

A .223 with a 8" barrel. You need plugs AND muffs. Sounds like a 30.06

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This ones a little more special to me... My dad was a machinist for 40 years. The company he worked for opened a gun smith division a year ago. The very first ar15 the company built my dad milled the lower himself. He also got to pick the serial number they were submitting to the ATF. I asked for Bamf001... But settled for our personal initials and the year. Lllv2016... Like my pinside name... Here's pics when he finished the part and here's the complete gun he put together. The gun shops first ar15. Dad finished the gun 6 months ago, and retired at 64.

Nice, from the m4 style barrel I would say it's finished out in .223?

#53 7 years ago

Ok I lied, a teaser before moving into bigger stuff. THIS ones in 308. Who don't have a entry light and a laser on their 1919a4?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Multi .223/556

I kind of count those as the same but yes there is a difference. You will never let that one go.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have the mini tek 9.. Removable barrel 2" snubber cover or perferated barrel. 30 rd clips

I almost bought one of those but that was right before the ban and prices started going nuts. I remember they had a "special" chrome model.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

How's that Tek 9? Have been thinking about getting one for years but never knew anyone that had one. Would you recommend?

If the price is right. It has decent accuracy for a 6~7 inch barrel and it has never had a issue. Throw in the 32 round mags and it's fun to shoot.

#72 7 years ago

One more spray and pray. I don't even think it knows what it is. A pistol, a rifle?
All I know is it's a Cobray CM11 9mm.
Forgot to add if you ever see a trigger with padding/rubber sleeve there is a reason. With every shot the bolt hits the trigger mechanism and kicks back at your finger. Ouch.

#74 7 years ago

How about ranges? You have to have somewhere safe to shoot.

DSC00260 (resized).JPGDSC00260 (resized).JPG
DSC00259 (resized).JPGDSC00259 (resized).JPG
DSC00261 (resized).JPGDSC00261 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#119 7 years ago

Winston gun show this weekend. For years me and a buddy hit every gun show within 2 or 3 hours. Haven't been in a year or more. Anyone with any good gun show stories?

We were walking aisles and saw a 1919 kit with the barrel just laying in the jacket. A few rows over we heard ding ding ding ding. We knew exactly what happened. Everyone in the place went Ohhhh all at once.

#122 7 years ago

All the "new" semis are reworked fulls. Several years back I was into building the kits. You would buy a semi 80% right side plate and a original full auto kit missing the right side plate. You would mill out a few of the internals and install a semi trigger assembly. I still have the specialty tools for the rivets and such. Back then the kits were $250 and I could build one in .308 for about $700 and in 30.06 for about $850. You can switch back and forth by changing the barrel, booster and removing or installing the .308 spacers. I could build 3 for what one sells for now.

#134 7 years ago

It's hard to beat a sks or a ak. Not as accurate but you can abuse the hell out of them. I saw a ak demo at knob creek where they had a pallet of ammo and would shoot about 7 or 8 mags and would open the bolt and squirt wd40 down the barrel and in the action and would run 7 or 8 more. They probably ran 3000 rounds before the had a stoppage.

#139 7 years ago

I had the Chinese then when the Russians came around I got one of those. When the Yugoslav came around I got 2 of those brand new in the grease.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sometimes small is cool.
My little German Haenel Schmeisser 25cal. Mid 1920's or so.

That's really clean. Yours has 30 years on my spanish astra cub in .22 short.

IMG_2155 (resized).JPGIMG_2155 (resized).JPG

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Nice little Astra!
Here's my Astra .25 in "gangsta'" form.

Looks like they got good taste in Tennessee. We have a lot of the same stuff.

2 months later
#168 7 years ago

I just moved and got everything out.

I haven't seen the back of this in years. I call it the sardine can. Rifle pictures coming as soon as I get internet again.

IMG_2512 (resized).JPGIMG_2512 (resized).JPG

IMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2515 (resized).JPG

#169 7 years ago

How about 1 little teaser shot?

IMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Could be a whole separate string.... "Guns You Regret Selling".
An original Barrett Model 82.

I sold a Chinese sks when the Russian ones came around.
Oh, and a m1 carbine where someone over peened the rear sight base. I guess I'm in the club.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Anyone else run into this? They enjoy the hobby but go out so rarely it is tough to justify keeping such expensive toys?

They are paid for. Keep it, you will wish you had them back later. If you REALLY needed the money you can always sell them later. They will never go down in price.

#209 7 years ago

OR just build your own and you won't even have to have a serial number. 80% plate/receiver and finish it out. Home builds don't require a serial number.

3 weeks later
#223 7 years ago

Not me. Mine is good old mid 60's American. I got some really cool west German field phones somewhere too.

IMG_2659 (resized).JPGIMG_2659 (resized).JPG

IMG_2663 (resized).JPGIMG_2663 (resized).JPG

#224 7 years ago

How about body protection? Modern Paraclete and Vietnam door gunner. Rated for .30 caliber with the ceramic plates.

IMG_2667 (resized).JPGIMG_2667 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Recent pickup. Unissued 03-A4 sniper from the Ogden Arsenal. All matching and original. From the first order of rifles diverted to become A4s.
Waited for this one a long time.

My shoulder hurts just looking at it.

3 weeks later
#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

New fun. The new Fostech. Can't wait to give it a try!

» YouTube video

Guy a work just got one. Runs like a champ.

Here's my version with a custom drum. 6 rounds per turn. .308 or 30.06 Not my video but you get the idea.

IMG_3218 (resized).JPGIMG_3218 (resized).JPG

#320 6 years ago

I think me and fulltilt must be long lost brothers.

1 week later
#336 6 years ago

I agree. Here's mine. I got thru the Feds when it was still DCM (pre CMP). Back then it was next in line, no hand picking different prices stuff. Wait for it...

I paid $250. Great rifle. Muzzle is at 1 and throat is at 2. Yes the match sight came on it.

IMG_3250 (resized).JPGIMG_3250 (resized).JPG
IMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPG

#338 6 years ago

I bought 2 carbines at roses department store (like k mart) for around $100 each back in late 80's. Still have one of them. Those are fun too.

#340 6 years ago

I think I need one of those.

1 week later
#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I love my 74. I just wish you could still get 7N6 for less the 10 cents. I just feed it Tula and Wolf, they are dirty and stink. But the AK just keeps eating them.

When I got my 74's I bought enough ammo to wear them out. Kind of a lifetime supply thing.

IMG_3290 (resized).JPGIMG_3290 (resized).JPG

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That's my brotha'!
When the Z-pox hits, we'll meet in the middle.

I will load up and head that way.

IMG_3294 (resized).JPGIMG_3294 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#452 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Whos in on the new GEN 5 Glock? I have not felt the need to run out and get one as of yet. I'm a 10mm kind of guy so gen 5 is not yet available in my caliber. Any thoughts?

If you are in the market for a new gun it would be worth checking but the difference is probably not worth trading up if you already have a glock.

#459 6 years ago

I'm not sure what y'all are talking about. I have had several glocks with MANY rounds through them and don't ever remember a single jam or misfire. Are glocks my favorite? Not really. When they first came out I thought "yea right a plastic gun" then a friend from work came out and was hitting a 5 gallon bucket from about 40 yards almost every shot.
I have a glock 36 that's my kick around, under the truck seat, don't worry about pistol.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My newest toy. FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machine gun, 200 Round linked ammo belt in 556. Had to buy it. Thoughts?

Thoughts? We need to go shooting. Oh look it's super man. (Grabs gun and runs like hell).

2 weeks later
#475 6 years ago

I have always had good luck with Taurus and their no BS warranty is killer.

2 months later
#487 6 years ago

It's a laser AND a light.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

It’s time to take out the trash!

A 50ae. how much per round now?

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Can be found for 1.30 / round, Hornady appears to be the best BANG for buck lol
It’s the only ammo my range buddies buy for themselves to use for a firearm that’s not even theirs, lol.

That's not bad. When I got my 50bmg I bought up a bunch of talon at $1.19 a round. Good luck at under $3.00 now.

2 weeks later
#518 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Too many to put in one pic....but Glock just came out with the X19. Its a G19 9mm slide on a G17 frame to accomodate a longer magazine. All of it is a tan color and they have a special super accurate barrel on it. It looks like my collection will grow again. They are like pinball games in that they just seem to multiply like tribbles. My summer carry is usually the Ruger .380 and winter is a Glock 17 with night sights. I love them all!

https://www.getzone.com/gun-review-glock-19x-true-crossover-pistol/?trk_msg=TRI1DJQVT3EK996AKDNHVL34V8&trk_contact=FAOA9QAMJ03OGQBDSL2NQFGS1O&trk_sid=UIT220LQF35ALMBVAAJS6ICUF0&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=The+New+GLOCK+19X+–+A+True+Crossover+Pistol%3a+Gun+Review&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_content=2017.10.28_Newsletter

1 month later
#537 6 years ago

My next sten mk3 build projects. Think I am going to do a pistol and a carbine.

You think pinball is hard. Try demilling a couple of these bitches.

IMG_4140 (resized).JPGIMG_4140 (resized).JPG
IMG_4141 (resized).JPGIMG_4141 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#541 6 years ago

Tube is done. Here's a mock up.

IMG_4195 (resized).JPGIMG_4195 (resized).JPG

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The Sten is so cool. Shows what you can do going back to basics. Ok, very basic. (:

I read that they made 4 1/2 million of them during the war and they were dropping them behind the lines to the resistance by the thousands because they were so cheap. They cost about $4.50 each.

1 month later
#545 5 years ago

Only took 2 months but all done except deciding on a finish. Gun building on Memorial Day weekend just seems right.

IMG_4388 (resized).JPGIMG_4388 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#559 5 years ago

Looks like a 1911 except the hollow recoil spring guide looks weird. It's definitely a .45 though.

1 week later
#565 5 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Found the gun... er... found the barreled action. It was a Remington 514. Got a stock off flebay. It will need some custom inletting to fit the UMC trigger casting.

I was thinking a 511. A 514 is a single shot. That picture has a magazine. I have both.

Added over 6 years ago:

Edit:
A 510 is the single shot. Not 514 like I said.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I think that's his watch.

Not his watch. Right behind the watch. The magazine only sticks out about 3/8 of an inch. But I'm probably wrong anyway. The magazine on mine is way back from the rear sight. That must be part of the mount I'm looking at.

IMG_4521 (resized).JPGIMG_4521 (resized).JPG

IMG_4522 (resized).PNGIMG_4522 (resized).PNG

Edit:
I have a 511 "magazine"
and a 510 "single"

Either the 513's or 514's have globe sights, don't remember right now.

3 weeks later
#584 5 years ago

Ok tilt. Cut that out. I'm going to have to buy something if you keep that up.

1 month later
#602 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It was another beautiful day at the range. I picked up a nice BYF 43 K98. It's accurate as hell - hitting good groupings at 100yrds with iron sights. The only downside for me was the recoil - that wood stock was smackin' my face pretty hard, so I put a cheek rest on it.
Oh, and that STG is a 22LR remake. For less than $300, I couldn't pass it up. [quoted image]

When I see a range report picture like that all I can think about is "glad I don't have to clean all those".

#603 5 years ago

Haven't posted one in a while. Guess it's time.

One of the "sisters". Big sister in 30.06. Damn these things are heavy, solid steel. No wonder they were part of a 3 man crew.

IMG_4640 (resized).JPGIMG_4640 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#614 5 years ago

Damn it. Everytime I see a new post on this thread my first thought is don't look because I will see something else I need. I click on it and sure enough.

Y'all are a bad influence.

3 weeks later
#618 5 years ago

Nice score. Is that a arm on the top and a leg on the bottom or is the leg on the top and a arm on the bottom?

Years ago "What a Country" had a ad and I bought about 7 or 8 new in the wrapper for $12 a piece. Should have bought every one they had.

About the same time I bought a all numbers matching, original barrel PSL kit, 5 mags and a pouch from TGI in Tennessee for $250. Just the mags are $75 each now.
A new batch of completed PSL's just came into the country, $2500 each.

You know the saying about hindsight being 20/20.
IMG_4746 (resized).JPGIMG_4746 (resized).JPGIMG_4747 (resized).JPGIMG_4747 (resized).JPG

#622 5 years ago

I meant the PSL mags are $75.

When I got into 5.45 and ammo was still cheap by the crate I bought up enough to wear out all 3. Kind of a lifetime supply thing, ammo gone, rifles worn out.

2 months later
#644 5 years ago

I hate this thread. I ain't never coming back.

#645 5 years ago

Ok, I'm back.

IMG_4929 (resized).JPGIMG_4929 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Don't you just love it when a gun you have is featured on FPS. (:
[quoted image]

It's hard to beat a 700.

IMG_4637 (resized).JPGIMG_4637 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This hobby is totally sick.
[quoted image]

Holy cow. Hand rifles.

2 weeks later
#697 5 years ago

Ok cheap people, listen up.

When we get together and start talking guns it always comes around to "remember when sks's were $89" or when "1919 kits were $300".

AR's used to be expensive and AK's were cheap. Well right now is golden for ar15's. Case in point.

Just got a Palmetto armory A4 kit for $279.99 (free shipping) which includes every single part except the lower. Lowers are on sale for $39.99. Quality, fit and finish are EXCELLENT. They have several barrel lengths, configurations and furniture colors.

Instead of ordering and having to pay the transfer fee I got the receiver local out the door for $64.49. So my total for everything was $344.48. If you can drive 2 roll pins you can build your own. Links below.

IMG_5147 (resized).JPGIMG_5147 (resized).JPG

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/rifle-kits.html?dir=asc&order=price

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/lowers.html?dir=asc&order=price

Thinking if getting one of these 7" pistol kits with arm brace next. Might go 10" because they much cheaper?

IMG_5148 (resized).JPGIMG_5148 (resized).JPG
#699 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Agree with that!! Cheap times don’t last forever. Political winds can change in a whim.

Your right. One signature and

Here's mine.

IMG_5145 (resized).JPGIMG_5145 (resized).JPGIMG_5146 (resized).JPGIMG_5146 (resized).JPG
#721 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I bought a bump stock when they came out just because obliterating watermelons looked so damn fun. I'm probably on a special list too

I heard boating accidents got almost every one.

A friend of mine had one and sold it. He took that money and bought a Franklin armory trigger. At almost $400 it looks fun but not that fun.

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-armory-bfsiii-ar-c1/

2 weeks later
#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Nuff said.... No political statement. (:
[quoted image]

How do you like that "battery assist device"? I saw them a while back and thinking about one for a new rifle on the way.
Between the rifle, trigger, bipod, adapters, stock, scope and mounts, break and mags good thing this was my month for my longevity check.

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Picked up a minty clean 4006 TSW today... Ex-CHP model that was in use up until a couple years ago. I really love the way these full stainless frame 3rd gens shoot. 4506 is next.
[quoted image]

Looks brand new.

8 months later
#813 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking about getting into 80% AR receivers I can 100% recommend 5d tactical’s system. A router and their jig system and you can be a pro.

D92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).pngD92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).pngE5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpegE5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpeg
#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

Are you using an end mill in your router?

Yes their system uses a replaceable end mill in a special tool holder. The quality of the jig is unsurpassed.

https://www.5dtactical.com/ar-15-80-lower-jig-p/5d-jig15.htm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=Travish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.