Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Best Mass legal revolver for home defense?.

That's up to you. I'd say largest caliber that you can maintain control of in terms of shot placement.

I'm not sure how bad your laws are there but I wouldn't be surprised if someone recommends a Judge with 3" wheel.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from jhozeska:

Anyone trade pinball for target toys?

I'm on the fence about keeping my Rawhide and also thinking about a 9mm wheel gun new or used.....hmmm

I haven't done pins for target toys before tho.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Blkout recipe using Accurate 1680.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just sent you a PM, looking for some other blackout recipes. Have about 12 die sets on hand.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I took one of my Ruger AR 556 out yesterday. I put the Franklin binary trigger in it. I put 300 thru it. The binary will eat, the second tap is not easy to keep on target. It is not as much fun as a lightning link but worth the cost. I have a complete lower on backorder for 2 weeks now I wonder how long that will take in these times.

Last October I bought two complete lowers for $99 for a couple quick builds. I bought these from Sportsman's guide mini showroom since I live a few minutes from their corporate headquarters. One of them he had to sell me for 10% off because it was their demo in the display case (I don't want to know how many times it was snapped but I'm not one who worries about dry firing anymore)

One month later I bring my coworker in there because he wants one too. Salesperson tells me they haven't had any "in a few weeks". The below picture I took last week 3/18 a few minutes before they were supposed to open. I was turned away and I didn't stick around to see what he was changing the sign to but I can guess at least 1 of the 6 letter words he was about to put up......

Good luck!

IMG_4728[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4728[1] (resized).JPG
1 month later
#921 3 years ago

My first took about 14 months (picked up last fall). On site paperwork filed for the next one and that arrived as soon as they started cancelling large gatherings this spring. Had USPS drop it off for me.

1 week later
#929 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Oddball question: is the KRISS Vector sold out everywhere? Sure is for Minnesota as far as I can tell. Not sure if they just don't make as many, or they are hot sellers.

https://www.silencercentral.com/products/kriss-vector-gen-ii-sbr/

A little more pricey and a little more waiting if you don't mind.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Never had the opportunity for fire one, is it any good or just a gimmick?

Depends if you want an SBR or not. Portability wise it's a LOT more friendly to move around or carry.

You get what you pay for I've fired one once and enjoyed it. Definitely doesn't feel cheap.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I’ve always wanted one of these. Isn’t there a stamp for it being an sbr?

Yes $200 per Class 3 device

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Price seems alright. However, having a rifle delivered to my door without a signature just seems like the jackpot to porch pirates.
I would feel a lot safer picking it up at a store.

That may not apply to SBRs only suppressors. They are delivered into your mailbox via USPS.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

i have never had a suppressor delivered to my door. Once approved, you still have to fill out an application with the receiving dealer.

If it's a subsequent device they will just amend the trust the first was written on (assuming it was done that way) and then you can docusign your paperwork. This is how I received my second from them. Pick up in show was my first choice but show was canceled this spring due to COVID19

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So how is it shooting the kris?

I enjoyed it. I've never owned one but based on my experience I wouldn't pass one up for the right price.

The proper sights will make/break your experience I'm sure. Just like most everything else.

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Gun sales should be fantastic right now.

Background checks for May had a record breaking year in almost 20 years. Oddly checks used to be higher around the holiday season but I think we'll be trending away from that going forward.

1 month later
#960 3 years ago

Picked up a Ruger PC carbine today in .40 I need to get a different thread connector if I want to add my can to the end tho.

Got it used for a decent price.

IMG_5939 (resized).JPGIMG_5939 (resized).JPG
#972 3 years ago

Has anyone on here have any experience with the Franklin Armory Binary trigger?

Thinking of picking one up but $430 a little steep for a trigger group.

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ammo is selling fast these days.. Hold on for Zombiegeddon!!
[quoted image]

Ammo not selling too well up here....that's because it's sold out.

Even the bullets are out of stock on my go-to sources.

My "novelty" bullets are still waiting to be loaded; some of mine are the red version of Zmax. Funny, I worked for an ammo company years ago and these were always popular.

Haven't decided what to load my frangible 308's in. Would be fun to do 300 win mag but afraid it will leave the bore as dust haha.

IMG_5969 (resized).JPGIMG_5969 (resized).JPG
#985 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

I love HK, B&T, Schmidt Bender... I think you get the point. I avoid Hi point, Taurus like the plague and pretty much every lower end brand out there. Trust me... I've been in this hobby for a long time and owned much of what is out there to own. I've just settled in to the things I enjoy owning and shooting the most. Yes... I'm now an unapologetic gun snob.

I've ran my Taurus 627 tracker into the ground. It's still going strong but I would not buy another one and would have gotten a nicer once had I known how much I would enjoy wheel guns.

I would also avoid Sccy pistols and also avoid Skyy vodka. If you don't know how to spell it you don't know how to make it.

My dad bought a Jiminez 380 and that is such a Sat. pm Spec. It's sad because for $150 pistol you can spend just a little more and get a lot more.

I have two lever rifles one cost me $250 and the other $950 and you can feel the difference in the action alone.

Buying cheap is expensive.

My only hiccup with Remington is I got an 870 which was one of their first with the hammered finish. They didn't know how to apply this new paint correctly and it was faking off before I even fired it. Sent back to factory and they refinished it for me and all is well.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Got to touch and fondle it... it's going to be a while before I get to take it home.
[quoted image]

Nice! What's the biggest cal it can take?

I shot last weekend with some 300 blackout I loaded up and to my surprise I'm actually going to have to lighten the load. I had about 7 or 8 out of 10 break the sound barrier.

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

I don't think they make a bigger suppressor.

Shooting anything larger while silent would probably need to be orbiting the earth XD

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Or think .45 (:

This is going to sound silly, but, best to stop by the ammo shelves first to see what's in stock :/

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Anyone own or shoot one of the Keltec sub 2000 folding rifles? Thinkin about picking one up in 9mm, seen a few in the $400 range for sale. Reviews are good but I dont know anyone personally that has shot one.

I borrowed my dads for a couple years. Took it out once. I find it hard to "get down" on the sights and if you mount anything other than open sights forget folding it up. You CAN by an aftermarket rail that snaps things to the side. But now you have a lot more money into the thing. On the plus side it packs up well and if you have Glock mags you are already good to go. I'm sure Hickok 45 or the usual suspects on YouTube have shot these.

The front sight moves pretty easily....which can be both good and bad.

I picked up a Ruger PC Carbine and like it MUCH more. Mine was used but also got it for $400.

I wouldn't say the Sub 2K is BAD.....but for other benefits for similar money you might be happier with something else.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

The ppk is a sexy pistol, but it's not much fun to shoot. Kicks like a mule! You might want to look instead at a sig p365, a glock 26 or 43, or something similar. Bigger caliber and easier to shoot!

In my experience it's jam-o-matic too but maybe the one I shot was too new. I also have a Bersa thunder which is a look a like except it weighs even less.....so you can guess what that means haha.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

An FYI.. needing finger prints for a Form 4 today.
No, can't get them done at the Sheriff's Department because of Covid!
Yes, I can get them done at the UPS Store....
WAT?

Have you been buying from the same seller? Mine usually just amends my trust and I e-sign the paper work. I don't even have to show up anywhere when they ship in the mail.

I'm not sure if the same can be done with SBRs. If so a person could just start buying all their guns like that and never even leave the house.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Does this pic belong here or in the Bourbon thread? Gotta be a story I missed

I was going to ask what that door did to p*** him off.

#1021 3 years ago

Last year I picked up 147 grain 9mm 1000 rds for $159 shipped. Probably won't see those days any time soon but SG always good on their prices.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Same thing my car did to piss me off...
In the car wash... windows up.... BOOM
[quoted image]

I'm starting to see that you'd be a fun person to hang out next to. Now, when I say NEXT to, I mean next to. Maybe behind but definitely not in front of.

#1027 3 years ago

Trying to get motivated to shoot tomorrow afternoon. Being sick of the cheap range provided target holders or lack thereof; this afternoon I decided to take matters into my own hands at just under $21

If you look on the work bench you will see a note that I pulled off an old EM when I bought it that had a coil pulled in. They couldn't decide how many games was enough before it needed to be turned off.

IMG_6015 (resized).JPGIMG_6015 (resized).JPGIMG_6016 (resized).JPGIMG_6016 (resized).JPGIMG_6017 (resized).JPGIMG_6017 (resized).JPG
#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sweet!
What did you secure the top of the target with? Something to secure the bottom would be nice. The wind could turn it into a flag!

I just threw electrical tape up on for the picture but I'll lower it a bit with clear tape and secure on more sides. I was thinking about doing twine with those office binder clip thingies but I'm not sure if that's overkill. I made it extra wide since I might carry this down to 150+ yards and have as close as pistol. Not pictured I also made 1x extra of each piece in case I have nasty misfires. I won't be doing any shotgun or bump fires with this.

Where I shoot they have raised berms all around. What I like about that is I can do down range safely while the shooter next to me can be firing away. Plus we are halfway in the woods. In theory I SHOULD be okay from target-flag-syndrome.

When I used to visit the range in FL with my dad we had one in the middle of the swamp and the target holder was smaller and didn't have any tip issues.

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Do you like your Thunder? I was eyeballing a used one for $199 and a road trip away.

It’s not bad. It’s not super high quality but for $200 you get a 380 with good sights.

When you seat your mag in it drops the slide for you automatically so that’s kind of nice.

Definitely no plans to sell mine.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

All I know of Bersa is the Argentenian copies of the Walther guns, but haven't heard anything bad about it. The CCW variant looks interesting, and not hard on the wallet.

Oh I didn’t even see you are local. If you wanted to meet up at a range and take mine for a spin you are more than welcome to.

#1039 3 years ago

This morning I picked up a Williams Superstar pinball. On the way back I ran into Scheels and walked out with this...

9FFE5FCD-1F4C-458E-90C6-DD90F0A8F15F (resized).jpeg9FFE5FCD-1F4C-458E-90C6-DD90F0A8F15F (resized).jpeg
#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I have had my 686 for 25 years love it.

What surprised me is that this one is used. Looks to be in really good condition.

#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I make sure I get to the range at least once a month and put 100 through my carry gun at a minimum. The way I approach it is its my personal responsibility to be sharp and well trained if I am going to carry something. I keep 1000-1500 rounds made up of each caliber I shoot regularly, and try to keep at least that in materials to make more if needed. I'm strongly considering selling my Loadmaster and going to a Dillon 750 with a case feeder...provided they are available right now. I can reload 9mm for $4.50 a box, 40 S&W and .45 AARP for about $7/box. Sure beats 80 cents a round these days.

I wish more people had this mindset

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Have been thinking about this for a while. How much ammo are you guys stocking?
I only keep 4 or 5 boxes on hand. Granted I have friends that can reload but still curious how many rounds is enough

I also reload for all my calibers excluding .22LR 12ga and 30-30. At the rate I shoot my one and only case of 30-30 ammo I should run out around the time I’m 140 years old.

My limiting factor now is projectiles and have a few 1,000 in 9x19 probably 5,000 in 357 cause I shoot that the most. Maybe 2,000 in .40 for both 40SW and 10mm. It goes down hill from there. I do load 7.62x39 brass as this is the second time historically it makes sense to.

Loaded stuff I don’t keep much more than a couple hundred rounds and have some (1600) 9mm from when it wasn’t worth my time to reload.

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

but for serious competition it is useless

Lucky for me I’ll never be good enough for serious competition....maybe if I own a home someday where I can shoot out the back yard every day. That’s been a dream of mine that would be at least a decade away.

I do like your modified sight.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Thank you, I have the proof that it works well too [quoted image]

I’d be lucky if I got one of those. It would probably be awarded for showing up to the range more often than I currently do :/

You should definitely be proud.

Over my reloading bench I have empty scope boxes and pinball backglasses.

1 week later
#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sweet and Bad Ass![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like more fun on the way. I just hope they never adjust that tax for inflation or I’m all done with class 3 toys

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

How my tax stamp check status ended up being and "attachment" blew my mind!
I knew I couldn't delete it fast enough.

Ahhhh....it’s still showing up as of now....

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hoping that's just your cache... lol!

I was hoping too but I went on pinside on a browser that I normally don't use and I still see them there. I can see them on my phone and laptop. Apparently these are 3 different attachments? Might not hurt to contact pinside admin at this point. I'm honestly not sure what a person could even do with that data tho. I'm not sure if that's for checking status with BCA/ATF.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Crazy prices right now. It's like the stock market. Wait and it'll calm down... unless....
https://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-luger-115-gr-rn-reman-fm.html
https://www.bulkammo.com/

Three day shipping. Wow, I remember we always used to offer same day shipping. Times HAVE changed.

#1088 3 years ago

I better get to work.....those bullets aren't going to load themselves.

IMG_0877 (resized).JPGIMG_0877 (resized).JPG
#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

People say, "why so many!"
15 round 9mm mags, go to the range and shoot 15 mags worth.
That's only 20 trips to the range..... Or one assault on Negan and the Saviors.

Or maybe there's no buying 9mm for awhile at sane prices so that's a good reason to stock up when prices are low. Continue to shoot but don't buy, but then resume buying when things bet better. Your shooting and buying habits don't necessarily need to match year over year.

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Wives at the gun range is a good thing. From a "few" days ago.
[quoted image]

I love concrete bench rests, maybe some covering to keep things getting scratched but it's so annoying to have a loose wooden bench....like those at my range. I'll have to snap a couple pics next time I go.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

$2 at that time. $3 now. Certainly can go higher too.

Do you reload for that cal? I know they used to sell a lot of pulled bullets what were easy to find. I think some of them even had tracer powder at the base of them.

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Ahh don’t get to bent out of shape. I would just tell him I’m the biggest pussy in the world. Biggest pussy in the world. Was that a echo? Yeah It happens with the size of my vagina gun barrel!

That almost sounds like something out of a movie.

So I told her I'm looking for a little one. She said, me too, mines as big as a house.

#1122 3 years ago

Time for a mag well change. I only have one Ruger mag that came with this....Glock however.....

CF0A224D-588C-42FF-9BF3-8D6C113EE71A (resized).jpegCF0A224D-588C-42FF-9BF3-8D6C113EE71A (resized).jpeg
#1124 3 years ago

Well that took all of 10 minutes. Now we can bench rest with 10rd mags or power through some bowling pins at 50rds

7FAD6DC9-0F28-416A-AC07-6428A3D16CA6 (resized).jpeg7FAD6DC9-0F28-416A-AC07-6428A3D16CA6 (resized).jpeg09CB6258-E0AE-487A-AD16-CE136F933EEC (resized).jpeg09CB6258-E0AE-487A-AD16-CE136F933EEC (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1144 3 years ago

Went to the range today. Plenty of shotgun shells available.

D259B1CD-AF20-46EA-9C08-7CB02222BFC8 (resized).jpegD259B1CD-AF20-46EA-9C08-7CB02222BFC8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

[quoted image]

If that takes quarters that’s a good deal on 9mm if it spits out a few rounds per crank.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

What the heck are those heads coated with?

Several companies cover their lead in polymer instead of copper. They actually function quite nicely. I’ve used Blue Bullets before and had good results. However I have way too many boxes with Xtreme plated as well as Precision Delta for my full loads.

2 weeks later
#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Anybody else get excited when somebody delivers you ammo you dont even remember ordering?

I don’t order ammo anymore but I feel this way about bullets I order.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is it against the rules to see if anyone has a nice over under 12ga , maybe like a Browning Citori they want to let go ?

I don’t see why not. Hopefully O/U or any shotguns aren’t hard to find on the local level?

#1190 3 years ago

Feels good to be back at the press it’s been a season. Trying a new 147gr 9mm load for the can.

5142D583-171C-43A5-987A-1B14C801EDB7 (resized).jpeg5142D583-171C-43A5-987A-1B14C801EDB7 (resized).jpeg
#1202 3 years ago

Made it to the range today with these goodies. Pleased to find a load I like for 300 BLK and 9mm so now I’ll have something to reload these winter months.

E9342412-64FE-45DA-B72F-0C3F342E4C36 (resized).jpegE9342412-64FE-45DA-B72F-0C3F342E4C36 (resized).jpeg
#1204 3 years ago

Found this on GT. I actually paid $160 shipped a couple years ago. CCI aluminum though....but it was 147 sub.

2jy00s5wfqs51 (resized).jpg2jy00s5wfqs51 (resized).jpg
#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow good thing I got rounds with the gun cause I've been all over the place looking for more to use as practice and there are none to be had within a fifty mile radius. The only thing I found were 20 and 16 gauge shotgun shells. No handgun rds anywhere. Same I would guess everywhere????

Southern MN has plenty of calibers for piston and rifle but you’ll pay for it.

I bought some steel cased 9mm earlier this year for $10 a box and kicked myself for awhile cause I try to avoid steel cased ammo....not feeling that way anymore.

#1211 3 years ago

Took off work a little early today.

9E4BC647-B0BC-4B88-B0FF-B7FDC358C28E (resized).jpeg9E4BC647-B0BC-4B88-B0FF-B7FDC358C28E (resized).jpeg
#1217 3 years ago
EfZ0JApUcAAbchG (resized).jpgEfZ0JApUcAAbchG (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm a big fan of the Remington 870 Express shotgun. A versatile gun, lots of modification capabilities, and affordable. Mossberg 500 is another popular one, I've never owned one but know people who swear by them.
Glock 17 is an an iconic handgun, can't go wrong with one of those. I recently got a Springfield XD 9, which is often compared to the Glock 17. So far I'm really liking it, and it was about $250 less than a Glock 17.

I’m a huge fan of Glock I have 4 of their models but yeah I picked up an XDm9 and I have to be honest I like it a bit more. That being said my newest Glock is only a Gen3 and Glock has stepped their game up since Gen3. Either or both are great in my opinion.

Another +1 to an 870 for your 12ga I got one of the first batches of their defense line of 870 years ago that came standard with a door breaching choke tube. It will pattern like an open cylinder. I think the main difference is the shorter barrel and longer magazine tube. They have a hammered finish too. For a small price you can get a longer barrel if you want to hunt or trap shoot. Or leave the barrel alone. I’ve shot the mossberg but never owned one. You will save some money and you will feel the difference in price. At the end of the day they will both go bang if that’s all you are worried about.

#1256 3 years ago

Nice thing about Glocks are the aftermarket parts available. If you think you want a beefier caliber to carry with but practice a lot with smaller you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel for you .40 as an example.

2 weeks later
#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

awesome thread! Proud gun owner here in CA. but nowadays, its hard to publicize and demonstrate through social media such ownership for fear the Gov. repossession of said guns. I hope I am not being political here, i have no intent to do so, but that's what we are concerned about. No offense intended...
Lets just say we are safe at home and happy to have purchased weapons while they and ammo were still available. Pro 2a, Pro LE, Pro Military!!!

Might not hurt to make a GT account if you don't have one already. They've been around forever (GlockTalk). Lot's of people and there is PLENTY to find in there even if you don't own a Glock, or even like them for that matter. Their OT page is as busy as the entire site of Pinside.

I haven't done much with Full30 it's supposedly a 2A friendly version of YouTube.

But yeah I get your point. Close by here in the Twin Cities is a suburb called St. Anthony. If you google that now it's making national news for someone getting shamed for lighting up their wreath and gutters with lighting. Basically anything can be shamed/politicized these days.

Be safe and happy shooting. I talk to some of my coworkers from time to time and we chat guns; I always have to be the A hole and point out the features I can have and they can't. Back when I sold ammo for a living we had a lot of trains that would run our product cross country. CA is an ammo hungry state that much I know.

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What are the laws like in your state for shipping ammo?
Stores here have gotten to the point where they are depleted of the simplest things like 22 long and 12 gauge target loads.
I’ve been ordering online and having it shipped to the house.
Even places like Walmart, which is the cheapest place by the house to buy shotgun shells for shooting clays sells out in a day lately.

We can still receive to the house.

If you (s1590) can stand the 50 minute drive south to Ahlmans I’ll bet they still have some in stock.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Lately I just go on gunbroker and see who’s got the cheapest prices on what I need and order it there.

Any reasonable prices there?

Gunbroker and Armslist seems like mostly flippers to resell at a higher price.

I’m out of the ammo game for now since I reload and stocked up.

Even if you don’t reload I recommend checking out Powder Valley’s website they have an excellent write up about the shortage of primers for both reloaded and ammo manufacturing. That seems to be the limiting factor for production.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I can't find any ammo online at Walmart, so how do you order it to the house?

Check early and often. A lot of online retailers will “bleed” cases onto their site to make sure everyone gets a chance. No more ammo at Walmart in MN. I think I posted a sign I saw last year at Sportsman’s guides outlet showroom saying “welcome Walmart customers”.

I won’t get started with some retailers over others and their practices through tough ammo times. Usually turns out some people will swear BY them, while others will swear AT them.

1 week later
#1291 3 years ago

Right on brother. I just bought a glock 26 yesterday!!!

Good call! I have the 27 in 40 cal which is a beefy caliber for that size but your 26 will be very manageable. That will be a keeper for you.

Side stepping a bit I think the 9mm vs .40 vs 45 debate will be a never ending argument that is a waste of energy. I mean there are obviously going to be some ballistic differences between 9 and 45 but at the end of the day hitting your target is what matters most.

#1293 3 years ago

Yeah I am with you. Someday soon I'll buy a compact 45, if they exist. I have not looked into it. 45 is my favorite caliber...its BEEFY!

They exist. I know Kimber makes a lot of mini 1911's I don't have any.

Glock 30 and 36 are pretty compact too.

Plus that's a fun caliber to suppress if you want to down the road.

They actually shoot smoother than a .40 in my experience.

The only two 45's I have are a High Standard 1911 and the other I built from scratch. The receiver I bought online and it was registered (Hi ATF!)

1 week later
#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

That moment you realize you have waaaaay too many scopes and need more guns, lol
[quoted image]

Now show us your box full of scope rings for all those

One of my least favorite things about shooting is getting all that lined up.

2 weeks later
#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Whats going on with prices lately!?

I haven’t looked recently as I’m not in the market. When you have a Henry lever for almost 4 years that’s never been fired it’s time to slow down on the buying haha.

However the best time to buy was 2019.

#1345 3 years ago

I just checked ammo briefly. $1.60 per round of 9mm. Course that’s fancy bullets. Target ammo non existent.

1 week later
#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

In most cases if supply exceeds demand, prices tend to drop. "In most cases"

Yeah that's the problem. Once people get used to higher prices and the product still sells, they likely won't lower it.

HFK I know exactly how you feel with CTD. They are always the first to raise their prices and they raise the roof usually. Problem is, too many people have a short memory and set their feelings aside as soon as the prices come back down again.

1 week later
#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I saw this on Facebook
[quoted image]

Reminds me of one of my coworkers. Not a felon but he’s just such a kid at heart he has several nerf guns but he stores them in a pelican chest case. I couldn’t help but give him a hard time the box costs several fold more than what he’s storing. He’s a great guy tho.

3 weeks later
#1378 3 years ago

Here’s what’s been handed down by my family. Jos S Smetz I’m probably spelling it wrong. Very beautiful but there is a fracture in the stock so I haven’t dared to shoot it. Maybe I will someday from the hip with a mini buck or something. Since I don’t have any memories of this thing I’d honestly entertain a pinball trade maybe someday. There’s only one gunsmith in the state that knows these Belgium guns, asked him if he was interested in repairing or buying it and basically hung up on me. That’s when nobody wanted to buy 5 or 6 years ago. I’m sure that’s changed now.

97D452D5-0F5E-4132-954D-8D04CC0BDA4E (resized).jpeg97D452D5-0F5E-4132-954D-8D04CC0BDA4E (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1422 3 years ago

I’m sure there are lots of precautions in place but I can’t see myself playing around with liquid lead. I get enough around shooting FMJ. I actually shoot as much TMJ copper plated for this reason. When I worked on pinball for a living I was soldering all the time and that caused an elevated leas level via a blood test.

I always like the self sufficient perspective but willing to pay more for copper jacketing.

I didn’t even mention cleaning guns.

1 week later
#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Has anyone here used this ammo? and does it work?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s red tip V max just marketed differently and dyed a different color.

(I used to sell ammo for a living)

No reliability issues but as always, test in your piece before carrying.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

First loaded rounds in at least 5 years. Time to go go, not cry cry.
[quoted image]

That 300 blackout or 7.62x39?

Doesn’t look proportional for 308 but I haven’t looked at ammo most of this year it seems like.

#1447 2 years ago

My 300 blackout looks clear as day at 12:30 in the morning. (Note; scope was NOT mounted while pointed at the neighbors)

2692F87A-41DA-4BFB-8636-5A61234E2AE9 (resized).jpeg2692F87A-41DA-4BFB-8636-5A61234E2AE9 (resized).jpeg6C6832A9-2CA1-4767-80C3-9389ACC8A3C9 (resized).png6C6832A9-2CA1-4767-80C3-9389ACC8A3C9 (resized).png
#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It could be wrong but I use my neighbor's house for laser bore sighting new scopes.

At least you know your chamber is safe when there’s a laser pointer in it.

#1455 2 years ago

Anyone ever shot one of these ahhhh….thick credit card looking things? I was going to try holding one but was drooling all over a 10mm revolver instead.

Looks like they come in 22LR and 22WMR…which might be a little more punishing.

82F316CD-9972-42C1-91D5-D553C46BB069 (resized).jpeg82F316CD-9972-42C1-91D5-D553C46BB069 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1463 2 years ago

At first glance I was thinking that was one of those binary triggers they made for the Ruger 10/22s

3 weeks later
#1491 2 years ago

Coworker dropped this off last night for me to play with. I think the ammo is worth more than the gun right now?

A45F256B-5C23-455F-B26C-8F9281B4BB0D (resized).jpegA45F256B-5C23-455F-B26C-8F9281B4BB0D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1494 2 years ago

Ahlmans two days ago….

It’s pretty bad.

I could get 1lb of H110 for $40 if I wanted to. That’s the most common powder I recognized.

2E132146-3888-4CEA-BD9F-108618BAE05F (resized).jpeg2E132146-3888-4CEA-BD9F-108618BAE05F (resized).jpeg
#1495 2 years ago

Here’s why you stock up BEFORE.

06CA9037-F383-4430-BC3B-B486896B453A (resized).jpeg06CA9037-F383-4430-BC3B-B486896B453A (resized).jpegCB4AEA10-0C4D-4627-BA58-7F6C2C0D711D (resized).jpegCB4AEA10-0C4D-4627-BA58-7F6C2C0D711D (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1508 2 years ago

45 ACP saves the day on a NGG plunger assembly.

5F013554-7680-445D-8ACB-01326865148A (resized).jpeg5F013554-7680-445D-8ACB-01326865148A (resized).jpegC1B4F013-D5E2-4C70-802F-DB898C41A518 (resized).jpegC1B4F013-D5E2-4C70-802F-DB898C41A518 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Sample size of one but I have noticed my LGS (X-Ring supply) inventory of ARs is significantly bloated as of late. During 2020 they had 0, 1 or 2 in stock at any given time and they usually sold within a day or two of listing regardless of brand or price.
Checked today and they had 51 in stock which seems like a lot for a small shop, including multiples of commons like Ruger, S&W, Armalite.
Are you guys seeing supply outpacing demand in your area? Sales or reduced pricing?

Firearms aren’t an issue for stocking around here. Haven’t been in awhile. My range I go to an hour south of the cites has buying caps of 1 box per cal per person per day. Kind of an eyebrow raiser for being out in the country.

Reloading components are even worse.

3 weeks later
#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Want to get the attention of the guy on the bench next to you at the range?
Fire the Beowulf SBR.
[quoted image]

You probably win.

My attention getter used to be my 300 win mag outdoors. When I’d go with my coworker after I pulled the trigger he’d yell out “that is not a recreational caliber”

Indoors it was my 10mm loaded to the brim with Blue Dot

(Here you can’t fire much for rifles indoors since most indoor ranges are built mostly for pistol….probably because there are plenty of outdoor ranges around here)

2 weeks later
#1546 2 years ago

Dang 7.62x39 can’t seem to get under 50c a round. I remember when cases were about $200

1 month later
#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Sure wish we lived closer! Between the guns and the cigars, I'm betting we would be friends!

I was able to meet up with him a couple weeks ago for a smoke unfortunately we both have stuff going on right now which makes it difficult but USMCSGT0331 is definitely an awesome person to hang out with. He even brought one of his kits with for me to inspect which I’m still tempted to pick up.

2 weeks later
#1624 2 years ago

Nothing special to see here unlike the above. Two of my favorite KelTecs need some cleaning tonight.

6368E4C4-B655-48EB-9E93-B99CC055387A (resized).jpeg6368E4C4-B655-48EB-9E93-B99CC055387A (resized).jpeg
#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

We just got the raffle page up, but tickets don't go on sale until the 15th. Please click the link for information and some great high resolution USMC M70 photos!
https://scoutsniper.org/contribute/2022-m70-winchester-sniper-rifle-raffle/
[quoted image]

Wow nice pics too.

3 weeks later
#1651 2 years ago

That thing looks really comfortable just needs a new butt pad. I’d definitely give you twice what you paid for it

2 months later
#1708 2 years ago

Two more additions today. My coworker upgraded his trap gun so I bought his old one. For shotguns I only have an 870 so this is an upgrade for me. Got this little pea shooter at a good deal from him too. I’ve never really gotten into shotguns or 22s but in the era we live in the price was too good to pass up. Wife wanted them gone.

21CC946F-5B63-430C-919E-D50CCFAE0B5B (resized).jpeg21CC946F-5B63-430C-919E-D50CCFAE0B5B (resized).jpegA6D035EF-B62D-410D-BA5E-1353DABA210A (resized).jpegA6D035EF-B62D-410D-BA5E-1353DABA210A (resized).jpeg
#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Congratulations ticket holder 02359!

I don’t think it was me

#1722 2 years ago

My first time on a canned 12ga

My friend did a slow mo video and I screen shot this.

BC357EF4-A441-4CD5-8399-DF6EA866799F (resized).pngBC357EF4-A441-4CD5-8399-DF6EA866799F (resized).png
1 month later
#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a cheapie to throw in the motor home, but actually shoots quite well. Crimson trace motion activated red dot, 20 rounds, $299 . SCCY px 3
[quoted image]

What kind of ammo are you feeding that thing? Back when I was in the gun business EVERYONE seemed to have jam issues and only like 1 or 2 brands would work. I recall 124gr bullets were always better. Brass a must.

5 months later
#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I don't have a problem with hearing what you guys have for sale, but I would only really be interested in stuff available in my home state unless it's something really worth the shipping.

Exactly. Out of state kind of hard.

I know the mods said….be lucky this thread is even in existence as it is so I wouldn’t push it.

Maybe just recognize local pinsiders and talk with them.

For example I’ve met up with USMCSGT0331 and whatever we do stays off pinside.

1 week later
#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I cant believe prices on reloading materials, primers, once fired brass....

$35 for 100 shotshell primers around here.

I just looked at star line brass. Prices haven’t gone up on 357 but I think they’ve been on back order for about a decade. At least you can order

1 week later
#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Time to try a revolver
[quoted image]

I tried my new (to me) one today. On the bottom. Top one I’ve had a long time.

29CB8A4B-CE8D-44CB-9BC3-6F0CCED74DA7 (resized).png29CB8A4B-CE8D-44CB-9BC3-6F0CCED74DA7 (resized).png
#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Let's go to Woodbury!
[quoted image]

Cmon over I live there!

#1856 1 year ago

As long as we’re looking at wheels here’s my 3rd and final. I want to say I got this summer of 2020 for less than $1000 used which I thought was a steal. Got it on my way home from picking up a SuperStar pin too. I set a personal record 2 hour wait time on this.

F30448CA-6500-4525-AEFA-46A18B603C41 (resized).jpegF30448CA-6500-4525-AEFA-46A18B603C41 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think my next handgun purchase may be a desert eagle. I have essentially every other 'slot' covered, but I'm looking for something new.
If anyone has one, I would love to see pics and or advice

Which caliber?

I would recommend trying one before you purchase.

I’ve shot all their calibers and 357 is the most enjoyable. 50 is fun a few times but gets old pretty fast. It’s like holding a brick.

2 months later
#1898 1 year ago

Haven’t been in the market for components recently. Found this while cleaning up the work bench. Going to throw it away so figured I’d post here first.

95665580-3861-40F4-A89D-A2702E6F4409 (resized).jpeg95665580-3861-40F4-A89D-A2702E6F4409 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1916 1 year ago

Was woken up 6:00 this morning with automated message of approval from ATF for a device (finally) hopefully I can post pics soon when it arrives.

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

WTF? They're sending messages now? I have a pending Form on the new eForms site. Never received a message before!

Check your e mail preference with them. Downside is you get a lot of messages about their site being offline for maintenance. Here’s what it looks like….(the text message was from the company I purchased with the e mail was from ATF)

5E37F000-2E4D-4181-A2A1-3620AD3A98F7 (resized).png5E37F000-2E4D-4181-A2A1-3620AD3A98F7 (resized).png

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I suckered into the e-form 4
90 days.... HAH! I swear every time I check current wait times it's a month longer than I've been waiting... every time.
I love suppressors, but geez, the legal hoops involved are ridiculous for a piece of threaded pipe.

I think I was at 8 or 9 months. The last one I did the old way and THAT was about 90 days. Very likely this is my last one since I’ll now have one for almost everything. Pistol rifle and now shotgun.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

One would think being electronic and if you had a prior approval in the database, most followup submissions would be form 3 speed.
It's an odd world we live in where 30 days to stamp some paperwork is too good to be true.

My friend works in the card division at Social Security Administration. We’re lucky we’re getting anything processed.

1 week later
#1933 1 year ago

Can’t be cleaning pinball machines all the time. I’m new to shotguns (generally speaking) and this was my first time taking apart a semi shotgun before. Little tricky if you don’t take the trigger group apart.

Bought this used from my coworker and I don’t think he ever cleaned it. Wasn’t too bad but last time I shot it the action was a little (pause) sluggish. Feels much better now.

9776ECA9-9DAC-4FBF-98AD-C888F8F3CD56 (resized).jpeg9776ECA9-9DAC-4FBF-98AD-C888F8F3CD56 (resized).jpeg
#1934 1 year ago

The device arrived so now I have one of each. I think that’s enough for me. I won’t miss the waiting.

E6DA0F19-3F32-48E7-98AB-0F8052FF19E2 (resized).jpegE6DA0F19-3F32-48E7-98AB-0F8052FF19E2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1939 1 year ago

When the Sub2K originally came out I remember you couldn’t mount ANYTHING. It didn’t have any rails and never mind that it folded upwards too like you say then you couldn’t fold it if you did mount.

2 weeks later
#1958 1 year ago

I found a screen shot of pricing from Xtreme plated bullets. Shout out to them for their lack of raising prices since 2012. For 500 9mm 147gn bullets they want $1.50 more and for 357 they want $3 more.

Shipping still free, still not (redacted) charge in my state.

2 months later
#1996 9 months ago

Extended lunch break for me. Just slapping some steel plates with a couple cheap pistols.

IMG_2715 (resized).jpegIMG_2715 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#2024 6 months ago

My first time saying goodbye. I’ve never sold a gun before but this one is going back to its previous owner who purchased it new. It’s a Rio so nothing too crazy to be treasured but he’s needing something for hunting and I don’t take it out much anyway plus the action kinda sticks on its way closed as it did when I got it. He’s my coworker and he’s done a lot to help me out. He really wants it back. I’ve bought a lot from him and his kid over the years so what the heck…

IMG_4996 (resized).jpegIMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2040 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Remember to double-tap

And use the green tip Z max if they still make those

#2047 4 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And hand loaded some 7.62x39 Zombie rounds.
[quoted image]

What powder (and how much) are you using?

I don’t know a lot of people who hand load this…myself being one of them.

2 months later
#2061 70 days ago

12ga to my Lenovo Yoga I even paid the extra $100 for the 4K display back when they first came out.

IMG_7106 (resized).jpegIMG_7106 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2068 53 days ago

$400 gently used from a coworker. Looks like they go new for around $550 or so so I’m happy with the price. If I ever find myself in a stagecoach I’ll be set!

This one is a 20ga so it’s set to easy mode I assume. Never shot a 20 before.

IMG_7369 (resized).jpegIMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
#2071 52 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Probably has a bit more thump than you’re expecting…you of course have to pull both triggers at the same time!

That sounds reassuring I was worried it might be too weak of a round. I don’t have any intended use for it other than plinking at garbage at maybe a closer range than a 12ga. Will see how well I do at clays with it.

3 weeks later
#2086 30 days ago

Im down to my last 25 rounds of 357 better make some more.

IMG_7708 (resized).jpegIMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
#2088 24 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Im down to my last 25 rounds of 357 better make some more.
[quoted image]

Bullets are seated! Time for a mild crimp and into the plastic cases they go!

IMG_7793 (resized).jpegIMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
#2091 23 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Everything looks so new and shiny.

There’s a mixture of new/used Starline brass. Some Fiocchi and a little Remington stamped brass. I like having it all polished to keep the dies cleaner. I find it much easier to resize the starline compared to Fiocchi that stuff is pretty rigid. The shot count on each piece is probably all over the place since I don’t rotate everything uniformly. Once I see a crack on the end it gets one last load. The Remington I’ve had the longest and there was only ever one box in my rotation. I wonder if they’ll ever all get used up. I used to shoot 2-3 times a week now I can count on one hand a year. Hopefully that changes someday.

Quoted from mtn-:

Maybe EJS has more uses for his tumbler than only pinball parts?

Yep! My tumbler I bought when I was a teenager for pinball parts. Early 20s got into reloading. It gets used for pinball parts a bit more now.

But holy cow the price of 7.62x39 is so high I might have to get back to reloading that AGAIN. I stopped when the price was lower. I have everything I need it’s just a matter of what I use my finite amount of powder on.

I don’t know what I’ll run out of first, powder bullets or primers. I have a silly amount of Wolf Large Pistol primers (compared to how little I shoot 10 & 45)I’ll probably never run out of those either.

Here’s a close shot of some new brass. That stuff seems like it’s always on back order.

IMG_7803 (resized).jpegIMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
#2094 22 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I was talking about the press mainly. That thing looks new unused. I clean mine but have been running it for over 16 years now and it's not even close to looking like yours hahahaha.

Ah gotcha! It’s definitely got some miles on it from years past. But now it’s my crimping station only. Plenty of dirt/wear if you look close. I use the 3 die turret press for my pistol loading now.

IMG_7813 (resized).jpegIMG_7813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.