Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BOHICA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#592 5 years ago

Late war production.... don't care what it looks like, Ivan's at the door.

Dual Tones 004 (resized).jpgDual Tones 004 (resized).jpg
#593 5 years ago

An imposter....

Dual Tones 005 (resized).jpgDual Tones 005 (resized).jpg
#596 5 years ago

More STG goodness.... the REAL "Assault Rifle"

DSC02045 (resized).JPGDSC02045 (resized).JPGstgzf4.3 (resized).JPGstgzf4.3 (resized).JPGstgzf4.4 (resized).JPGstgzf4.4 (resized).JPG
#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sweet! Waiting and waiting for my H&M Sturmgewehr remake.

How long you been waiting? I haven't paid a lot of attention to them, seems like it's been a long time but at least they haven't gone silent.

3 weeks later
#606 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It was another beautiful day at the range. I picked up a nice BYF 43 K98. It's accurate as hell - hitting good groupings at 100yrds with iron sights. The only downside for me was the recoil - that wood stock was smackin' my face pretty hard, so I put a cheek rest on it.
Oh, and that STG is a 22LR remake. For less than $300, I couldn't pass it up. [quoted image]

98s are pretty brutal. As my old man would say, "it rattles your teeth".

The .22 STG is a great shooter. One of the few times I actually rushed to buy something - back when they were new on the market and over $400.

5 months later
#658 5 years ago

@LaregmouthAss - How you like the Shadow2? Mulling over getting one for steel plates, but somewhat wonder if the consistent trigger pull has maybe softened me and a double action would be tough to deal with now? Reviews on them look good - seems like the weight and distribution make for really quick recovery time.

Started with an XD Tac, went to M&P Pro Series, but the grip just feels a bit out of my comfort while I love the green FO front sight. Was close to getting a Q5 when I picked up the M&P but no one could keep them in stock at the time and they were 800 credits all day long. Now 650 on a regular basis. The new steel frame Q5 looks nice too.

#660 5 years ago

With a name like LargemouthAss, dude has to be cool so I expect he will deliver a field report for us.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Also you can carry the CZ75 cocked and locked and get a consistent single action trigger pull. I ran it cocked and locked in competition for that very reason.

Thanks - I meant to ask that very question.

1 month later
#744 4 years ago

Google "trump magpul" youll get some options.

3 months later
#763 4 years ago

The PPS price is reasonable. You could squeeze out a few $ shopping and using a transfer dealer but if it's readily available and you can support a local shop, that would be a good way to go. I have an "LE" version (difference is just Phos night sights and a couple extra magazines). Very accurate and comfortable for my alien meathooks. Like Who-Dey said these things are really subjective. Internet opinions are worth what you are paying us for them. If there is a range that rents near you, it may be worth test driving a few like an M&P Shield @ similar size and price range.

#765 4 years ago

For those tired of one polymer striker fired pistol after another.... something that's actually different:

Not being imported to the US yet that I know of. Initial run of 500 went out to other countries. Crazy expensive but hoping they go into regular production and the price drops a bit.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Nice looking pistol with almost no recoil... Would love the chance to shoot one.
Zero chance that will ever happen in California

I'm almost afraid to ask what it takes for you to be allowed to possess one (or anything new to the market). I plan to keep track of them to see if they go into regular production, where the price settles, reliability reports, etc. If no one starts bringing them in, maybe find someone to do an import if it comes to that. Was contemplating a Shadow 2/Accushadow, but worth some waiting to find out how this turns out.

Here is the Laugo facebook page and web site in case they are of interest:

https://www.facebook.com/LaugoArms/

http://www.laugoarms.com

4 months later
#826 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I figured I'd try this thread for advice. How in the hell do you sell a gun today? When I was younger, you just put an ad in the paper.

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/unlicensed-persons (in case you are interested in this type of advice)

Other aspects depend on your tolerance level. Selling individually on GB can get you more $ but it's more hassle - tire kickers, photo collectors, shipping (and even more fun when the buyer's dealer says it's illegal for you to ship the firearm to a dealer - some people put in their listing if your dealer won't accept shipment, buyer pays for your in-state dealer to ship it).

2 months later
#853 4 years ago

Finally quit talking about it and got one a few weeks ago. Really wanted an Alien, but hard to rationalize the price tag. Only had it out once; the single action trigger might be a bit too good for a slug like me.

Shadow 2 (resized).jpgShadow 2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#900 4 years ago

https://www.targetsportsusa.com is a good one but like many places, inventory fairly well depleted. I have received a back in stock e-mail for some synthetic jacket 9mm for steel matches and both times it was wiped out before I could log on. It's a bit pricey and kind of purpose specific so the locusts must be grabbing anything below a certain price point that isn't nailed down.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Targetsports is fine if you never have to use their customer service. Their service matches their prices. Absolute turd of a human on the other end of the phone line if your order is wrong and you must contact them. They also will leave things off your order if they say they have it and wind up not having it when they pull your order. I'll go dig lead out of the berm before I ever give them another dime.

Thanks for the warning - I have been fortunate in never getting a bad ammo order from anywhere (not that I buy that much). In the "good old days" you could attend Knob Creek and clean up on ammo buys for a long time in person as the prices were @ or below anything online + no shipping unless you felt like floating a mule driver a few $ for hauling your goods to the parking lot.

1 month later
#939 3 years ago

There is a process for delivery to your door for any transfer exempt from NICS and in-state but it's not very practical for most people. If you are getting any firearms delivered to your door outside that (other than repairs to/from a licensee) the business selling it to you is applying their own laws and regulations. No exemptions for legal entities.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/guide/atf-procedure-2013-2/download

#955 3 years ago

For anyone interested in NICS stats:

www.fbi.gov/nics

Scroll down the page to "Reports and Statistics"; they have data broken down in many ways - top 10 days/weeks, monthly stats by type, state, etc. So far, the toilet paper zombie panic of 2020 era is generally the highest volume (ex: 5 of the top 10 weeks are TP related) but the riots may give it a good run.

3 months later
#1131 3 years ago

copper wool and WD or oil works well too.

1 month later
#1199 3 years ago

golfingdad1 : Many corporate dealers will not transfer unless they get a "proceed" response from NICS - not law, just company policy and some employees will believe this to be "law". The Gun Control Act allows (but does not require) a dealer to transfer if no response is received after three business days (gov business days - not calendar or dealer days). A lack of a deny or proceed is likely due to an incomplete disposition. EX: you get arrested for a potential prohibitor but there is no outcome like dismiss, not guilty, guilty, or some other piece of info is missing which prevents a final determination.

1 year later
#1585 2 years ago

Nice work coindork. Seeing those photos reminds me of my dad and his friends who in retrospect were unbelievably kind to a dopey kid. We lived in the country and they would occasionally come out to shoot when the old man wasn’t home. They never failed to allow me to watch and participate with free coaching when needed. Good days….

2 weeks later
#1640 2 years ago

Nice catch on the 99 w/the sling, mum, and monopod still intact. History trivia with markings and such in case it may be of interest:

https://type99arisakas.weebly.com/type-99-basics.html

#1642 2 years ago

I was figuring the shorter one to be a 38 but didn't want to speak too soon. The mum being gone is common.... not a bad thing, just that it being intact is "good". I don't recall seeing one with an original sling in decent shape. Ammo will be pricey if you opt to shoot them - once upon a time Norma as your only option but maybe someone else is in the business now?

Note the wings on the rear sight of the 99. "anti-aircraft"

2 weeks later
#1655 2 years ago

Dang, hard to improve on the 99 now. When I saw your previous post, was thinking shame there was no dust cover. Congrats - you did very well.

1 month later
#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Wow, hardcore!
Anyone have any experience with form1 suppressors? I have a few form 4 cans, but figured I’d try the diy route and see how long it takes.

Form 1 is a permission slip so don’t build any part til you get the stamp in hand. Rest is about the same except instead of transcribing data you are the originator. Can’t help you mechanically.

1 year later
#1988 10 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

FROM MY LATE BROTHERS COLLECTION
MARK 1 5.5" BULL BARREL TARGET MODEL
Some spare magazines and the scope mount which I made for him.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My old man got me a MKII version when I was a little jerk. Wicked accurate and reliable. We had a steel plate at 100 yds, don’t recall the size but it would gong the thing on occasion which I thought impressive for a rimfire pistol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BOHICA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=BOHICA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.