Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 7 years ago

On my phone right now so I'll have to add pics later. I did some competitive pistol shooting for a few years. Mostly "Bullseye" which is shooting targets at 25 & 50 yards one handed, standing, unsupported, with a .22 & .45.

Red dots are allowed and I had one on both my Springfield target 1911 .45 ACP (accurized by Springfield armory) and my Ruger "hunter" (7.25" barrel) .22. The 1911 has a 4.5lb trigger (the legal minimum for bullseye) and the Ruger's is 2lbs. Mostly just did local league shooting but did go to two full 1800 matches (180 rounds fired) and scored expert with both the .45 & the .22.

I also have a custom Fusion commander sized 1911 with tritium night sights on it (My ccw gun). As well as an EAA Witness Match in 9mm with custom grips (my action shooting gun). The Witness Match is a very underrated gun. Super accurate and has never failed to fire even when playing with different ammo). A very fun gun.

My favorite though is my 1976 Smith & Wesson 41 Magnum (yes .41). 6" barrel and a hair trigger. I can hit a dinner plate at 100 yards standing unsupported with it......and then hit a target at 20 yards without changing the sights.....a very flat shooting round.

I do have a five stage progressive reloader and make my own ammo for the .45 and the .41. I just buy 9mm and of course .22's.

#85 7 years ago

A "promotional shot" for our bullseye league - me with my Springfield Target with a red dot:

My Fusion Commander 1911:
Fusion Comm (resized).jpgFusion Comm (resized).jpg

My 76' S&W .41 Magnum:
41 Mag (resized).jpg41 Mag (resized).jpg

Here is a generic picture of the EAA Witness Match:
witness-elite-match_f (resized).jpgwitness-elite-match_f (resized).jpg

As well as my Ruger Hunter (minus the red dot):
ruger-hunter-ii (resized).jpgruger-hunter-ii (resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I put a 600 yard scope on my 30-06. My dad called that "cheating." I believe he'd probably say the same thing for this.

That gun was specifically set up for "Bullseye" shooting. It also has a lighter spring in order to cycle properly with the much more accurate lighter target loads.

1 month later
#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was thinking bolt action, but I'll look into the 10/22. Or buy both. Ha!

I have a bolt action CZ Silhouette that is just stupid accurate. Instead of shooting a milk jug at 50 yards we were shooting the caps off the milk jugs.

3 months later
#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Those Sig 938 and 238s are nice. Had a 238 carry for a while till I traded it for a pin.
Carry a 1911 officer now. A bit bigger, but I like it.

My carry is also an officers 1911 (.45). I prefer SAO pistols and four out of my five are. But I come from a competitive shooting background.

3 weeks later
#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So punks... is this thread dyin'?
Come'on... "Make My Day!"

Here is my 1976 .41 Magnum:
41 Mag (resized).jpg41 Mag (resized).jpg

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

After many years of wanting one, I finally picked up a nice numbers matching 1940 Police Eagle/L Mauser Luger.
A nice period correct '42 holster to go along with it.
Anyone else finally pickup that gun that you've been waiting for?

That's pretty cool.

It's funny....I have a fair number of hobbies (and even more if you go back in time), but I guess I'm just not a collector. Right now I enjoy pinball, guns (almost entirely handguns), and watches.....with some very minor interests in audio/video (and headphones) and EDC tools/knives/flashlights....and a passing interest in photography (very passing).

But I don't "collect" in any of them....not really. I find things I enjoy using and then make minor tweaks/changes to those over time. I've owned 19 pinball machines but never had more than 6 at one time. I have about 6 guns that haven't changed at all in years, and about 12 watches (trying to get down to 8 or so). Guess I never really got hooked by pure "collectability" in anything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.