Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (7 years ago)

Post #875 Moderation reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 43.
#1 7 years ago

WARNING: you must read this post before participating in this thread.

Hello gang,

I am hereby opening the member's only club for gun and target range hobbyist and enthusiasts. This is the thread where you can show off your gun collection, discuss your target and range shooting prowess, discuss gun cleaning and maintenance, discuss different types of ammunition, etc.

This is NOT a political thread. This is not a right wing or left wing thread. This is not a thread to discuss your right to bear arms. This is not a thread to discuss a limit to your right to bear arms. This is not a thread to discuss current events involving guns. This is not a thread to discuss Castle laws or protecting yourself or your family from home invasions.

Read the above paragraph again... If you do not agree to abide by anything in the above paragraph, DRAIN THE THREAD now. If you are unhappy with the thread and feel you must be heard, open a mod feedback thread.

Disallowed posts will be deleted and ejections issued. We will keep this thread on topic. Do not try and test the waters with a passive aggressive statement, it will be deleted.

Keep this thread on topic and show off your guns absent political observations. Do not antagonize people not in this thread and if someone makes a post violating this thread's rules DO NOT RESPOND to it, report it.

Thank you for your time and attention. Enjoy this thread.

#2 7 years ago

Awesome. Pictures coming soon.

#3 7 years ago

WooooHooo!!! I have an old pic here at work to get things started. Looking forward to chatting with other outdoor sportsmen.

pinball_guns (resized).jpgpinball_guns (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Here was a birthday present for PavBall I gave her a couple years ago.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5 7 years ago

I keep it simple.

A Remington .22 Sportmaster. A really great varmint gun. It was my Grandma's. I need to get it out and clean it and shoot it. The last time was when I had a opossum near the house.

Then I have a 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun. Dad gave it to me for Christmas when I was younger. I've taken it hunting a few times but really have used it very little.

I have a bow as well someone gave me and I put new strings and sights on but have never used.

I'm not a collector or anything. Only like to keep what I use. Dad on the other hand has some fancy pistols. They are fun to shoot once in a great while. A Lady Smith .357, a 9MM semi S & W, and a .45 semi S & W. He also has an older Browning shotgun that I've always thought was very cool.

#6 7 years ago

Anyone have a Colt Python Revolver? I'm curious if it is worth acquiring.

It is such a great looking gun. But the price on the Colt Python has gone through the roof.

So I'm wondering if it worth the cost to acquire one.

Thoughts?

Marcus

#7 7 years ago

So, this is what I keep at my office. My Ruger P90 is probably my favorite hand gun. I've had it now for over a dozen years.

The Judge is of course great but I've oddly never even fired it since I bought it...I've fired others. I need to take it out soon.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Anyone have a Colt Python Revolver? I'm curious if it is worth acquiring.
It is such a great looking gun. But the price on the Colt Python has gone through the roof.
So I'm wondering if it worth the cost to acquire one.
Thoughts?
Marcus

For the money and value I'd suggest a Ruger Super Redhawk instead. I've had mine (in .44 Mag) for about 20 years and it is still rock-solid, accurate as the ammo you put in it and can handle even the heaviest hitting loads comfortably thanks to the rubberized grip. The old Pythons probably have a little better trigger than the Ruger but not by much and if you have a good gunsmith do a trigger job on the Ruger it will be just as good if not better than the Colt. That's my $.02 anyway.

#9 7 years ago

Good timing on this thread, I just started shooting trap informally one night a week with some friends at a local Hunting and Fishing club (less than 2 miles from my house). Iv'e been shooting shotguns since I was a teen but it had been many years since I've done it regularly. I greatly enjoy it and have even fired back up the MEC 9000 Shotshell reloader. Last week I had my Cliffy's T-Shirt on while at the club and one of the members asked me about it, turns out he really likes pinball and wants to put a machine in the clubhouse for fun and to help raise a little money for the club as well. I told him I might consider putting an older machine I have (High Speed that's a good player but rough cabinet and playfield) in there and do the typical 50/50 split on what it earns. Does anyone know if I would have to have insurance since it would be at a very small, private club? I'm a bit hesitant to do it because they allow smoking in the clubhouse and this game has been in a non-smoking house for a LONG time but thought it could be fun because of the proximity to my house and the fact I'm there at least once a week now. Ideally I'd put a hunting or fishing themed Pin in there but those would definitely be more expensive than my old beater HS.

#10 7 years ago

I've got a Colt 45 (pictured) that my Dad passed down to me.
I would love to know the full story behind this gun. My step grandpa passed it down to my dad saying that he wanted my dad to have it because it meant a lot to him, and my step-grandpa said that he knew my dad would take care of it. He also said that if his own biological kids got it, they'd sell it.
But story is that my step-grandpa pulled this off of a Japanese soldier during the Pacific War in WWII. What makes it more odd and unique, these weren't standard issue for any Japanese soldiers, nor were they standard issue for any American soldier. So the thought is that that Japanese soldier may have pulled it off of an American soldier during a prior war.
I've been told that if it was a US Military issue, it should have a stamp on it somewhere specific. When I looked, it did not have that stamp. I also have the full documentation for it, stating what it is and that my grandpa could bring it back.
Personally, I have a Colt Mustang, Beretta 96A1, Ruger LC9, Remington 798 30-06, Winchester 101, and I think a Sears Pump action.
1941071_573706256055913_1476492361_n (resized).jpg1941071_573706256055913_1476492361_n (resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Correction. Instead of a Sears Pump-action, it's a JC Higgins.

#11 7 years ago

That's a cool story Woody~! Sure would be neat to know the full history behind that gun. I have a 12 gauge single shot that was passed down from my father. It's nothing special, but now that my dad has passed, I cherish it. It was the first gun I ever shot. I was a skinny kid and I remember it almost knocked me down.

As we all know, gun ownership comes with a huge responsibiliity to educate everyone in the house about gun safetly, and to live by the four rules of gun ownership. I have a 15 year old daugher, and an 11 year old son. They both enjoy going to the range with me. Here's an older pic of my daugher at an indoor range - she's a damn good shot.

IMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

I've got several guns that I like to shoot.

Ive got a .22LR rifle for plinking varmints and cheap target practice, a taurus 24/7 pro 9mm in my bedside safe, a S&W bodyguard 380 that is my concealed carry weapon, and various shotguns/rifles that I've just collected over the years.

I had an AR-15 style weapon for a few years, but I sold it when prices went through the roof. Made a nice profit on the gun, and got out of spending $0.25 a round to shoot it. A day at the range with it was costing me $100-$200, especially because random people would ask if they could unload a magazine through it. Each magazine was basically $8. I had to start charging people $20 to do it, just to cut down the number of people who would ask.

I don't have any pics that I can find of it all decked out, but here is is the night I initially built it:

IMG_1919 (resized).JPGIMG_1919 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

For daily carry, I rely on my S&W M&P Shield (9mm). I will try to post a pic of it later. For now, here is a pic of a cute little .22 rimfire that my son loves to shoot. It looks cool, and has a decent red dot scope. It is also small enough for him to easily handle, and of course there is almost zero recoil. I think I spent about $100 for it.

#14 7 years ago

Currently have a Keltec sub2000 9mm and a Mosin Nagant 7.62x54 rifle

the keltec uses glock magazines, looking to pick up a glock 19 9mm soon. every time im about to buy one a pin comes up for sale and i spend the money on it instead ha

the keltec folds in half, pretty cool gun

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

awesome thread.

anyone by-chance have a newer winchester repeater? curious as to the quality.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I think I spent about $100 for it.

Great price on that! Did that include the red dot scope? Cool looking gun!

#17 7 years ago

Heres one I dont shoot anymore.

This came apart on a single round in the chamber. Ohh fun.

Spectacles, Testicals, Money Cigars. Yup still all there. Whew

--Jeff

20131130_200058 (resized).jpg20131130_200058 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Speaking of not shooting anymore. My uncle has a tiny .22 revolver. He said he'll never shoot that anymore. Said the gun is so light, it's like shooting the .22 shell directly from your hand. I kinda wanted to try it myself, but figured I could take his word on it.

#19 7 years ago

Tigerlaw you stole my topic idea! Haha I'm not even mad about it. I'm glad this thread was able to come through. Anyways, here's my AR. I just finished building her and I love it! Ive got a different set of optics on it now though. More pics of the collection to come

IMG_20160802_204328010 (resized).jpgIMG_20160802_204328010 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Took this class to fill one of my PE requirements and glad to see it is still offered at Michigan Tech.
Gotta love a school with a rifle range in the PE building.

PE 0145 - Beginning Rifle
Using precision air rifles, beginners develop an awareness of firearms safety and marksmanship. May be used once as a general education co-curricular course.
Credits: 0.5; Graded Pass/Fail Only
Lec-Rec-Lab: (0-0-2)
Semesters Offered: Fall, Spring

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

This came apart on a single round in the chamber. Ohh fun.
Spectacles, Testicals, Money Cigars. Yup still all there. Whew
--Jeff

Gotta clean em once in awhile!!

#23 7 years ago

Please moderate the thread title.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Please moderate the thread title

Please read the first post. ...or are you just talking about the spelling mistake. Did you mean: hobbyist and enthusiast club

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Please read the first post. ...or are you just talking about the spelling mistake.

The spelling. It's killing me.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

The spelling. It's killing me.

LOL, I'm on my phone and not the best speller anyway. Spell the entire topic correctly for me and I'll cut and paste it in.

Then I will delete these posts so I don't look so foolish to in the months to come in this thread.

#28 7 years ago

While not a gun owner, yet, I spent my summer in Montana as my fiancé got a job out for the Bureau of Land Management. The other park ranger (Not the wide brimmed hat kind, the kind that are basically police) eventually got to know us well and invited us to his home for weekly cross training fitness training, as well as shooting, and other gun safety related training.

Long story short, what a blast it is (literally!). Being born and raised in NJ, the whole gun scene is new to me, but incredibly fun. He had a makeshift gun range set up on his land (he owned 22 acres of property), and we learned how to fire sniper rifles, AR-15s, and some other neat things. Cool stuff. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

#29 7 years ago

@tigerlaw Gun & Target Hobbyist and Enthusiast Club

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

@tigerlaw Gun & Target Hobbyist and Enthusiast Club

Got it.

#31 7 years ago

Ok I will play. A few here and there and start little.

Modern Ruger .380 and 1955 Astra .22 short

1st run Colt .380 government and modern Walther .22

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great price on that! Did that include the red dot scope? Cool looking gun!

It's a Mossberg 715P Semi Auto Pistol .22 Long Rifle 6" Barrel 26 Rounds 30mm Red Dot Black. Pasted from my order history. ...and I paid a little more than $200 for it.

#33 7 years ago

I have a couple of my personal favorites to share.
My Great, Great Uncle's Winchester pump .22 (bought in 1903), my Uncle's Ruger 22/45, and my favorite CZ (452 Trainer). I'm a target guy more than anything. I get the buzz shooting sub MOA groups.

IMG_20160909_212059814 (resized).jpgIMG_20160909_212059814 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160909_212049085 (resized).jpgIMG_20160909_212049085 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160909_212252806 (resized).jpgIMG_20160909_212252806 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160909_212352147_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20160909_212352147_HDR (resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago

Modern Smith & Wesson hammer less .38 special (motorcycle pistol) and modern 9mm Ruger

#35 7 years ago

1941 M1895 Nagant 7.62x38mmR Russian military revolver and 1941 modelo 400 9mm largo Astra.

#36 7 years ago

My personal carry Springfield Armory EMP in 40 caliber.

#37 7 years ago

I'm back with a couple more selections from the arsenal. First up we have my ar-15 in its finished (for now) state. TiN coated bolt carrier, bad lever, mako forward grip, and res dot sight with flip up 3x magnifier. Also pictured is my just right carbine in 9mm with the 50 round drum. This little guy is super fun (and cheap) to shoot! It's also rocking a red dot sight and fab defense foregrip

IMG_20160910_100941744 (resized).jpgIMG_20160910_100941744 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

Next we have a nice array of shotguns including a rare Remington 1100 field special that I got from my late uncle.

And some of my pistols. We have a Smith and Wesson 22a with a red dot. IWI baby desert eagle (essentially a jericho 941) in 9mm. And a sig sauer p320 in 45acp.

I do pvd coatings at work so I have the barrel of the baby eagle coated in titanium aluminum nitride and the sig barrel and ar bolt carrier coated in titanium nitride.

IMG_20160910_101321844 (resized).jpgIMG_20160910_101321844 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160910_101803705 (resized).jpgIMG_20160910_101803705 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160910_102245756 (resized).jpgIMG_20160910_102245756 (resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago

Modern GSG 1911 .22 same weight, balance, and feel of a full size 1911.
1953 Romanian Cugir Tokarov in 7.62x25mm tokarov

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Next we have a nice array of shotguns including a rare Remington 1100 field special that I got from my late uncle.
And some of my pistols. We have a Smith and Wesson 22a with a red dot. IWI baby desert eagle (essentially a jericho 941) in 9mm. And a sig sauer p320 in 45acp.
I do pvd coatings at work so I have the barrel of the baby eagle coated in titanium aluminum nitride and the sig barrel and ar bolt carrier coated in titanium nitride.

I will take 2 please.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I will take 2 please.

Contact me via pm if you or anyone is interested in any coatings.

I'm trying to decide what my next purchase will be. It'll probably be some sort of AK variant but I also really want a 1911. I'm kind of leaning toward AK since it'll always be easy get a 1911. But I would maybe get more use out of the 1911 as I don't always have an opportunity to take the rifles out. What do u guys think?

#42 7 years ago

I say get both, depends on the deal. Value will never go down.

AK's used to be $300 along with $100 SKS's. Now a decent AK is in AR money range ($600~700) 1911's will probably stay about the same because so many companies are manufacturing them now.

#43 7 years ago

Since 1911's were brought up I will skip ahead in size.

Modern Taurus pt1911ar in .45acp

Randall a111 in .45acp (SWEET pistol, 1st all stainless 45, very limited numbers. Got lucky on this one) One of my favorites.

#44 7 years ago

My Kimber. This is chambered in 9mm. I got it when ammo prices were through the roof and in short supply so I didn't want to pay for 45 acp as I was going to the range quite a bit. Still love the gun. Feels great and is very accurate.

Kimber5 (resized).jpgKimber5 (resized).jpg

Kimber4 (resized).jpgKimber4 (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My Kimber. This is chambered in 9mm.

Good choice. 9mm ammo will be around forever and it holds more than 7.

#46 7 years ago

This would be a lot of pics for me lol..
I'll start with this for now... In my state this is preban so it's a $3k+ gun. Dad got it in '89 now my kids will get it

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This would be a lot of pics for me lol..
I'll start with this for now... In my state this is preban so it's a $3k+ gun. Dad got it in '89 now my kids will get it

That's not just a pre ban in your state that's a pre ban period. Still had lug and angled flash. Looks like a Norinco in very nice shape. Was probably $350 new.

#48 7 years ago

Cool thread...didn't even know about it til now...no Glock's yet too, yaaaay!

#49 7 years ago

This ones a little more special to me... My dad was a machinist for 40 years. The company he worked for opened a gun smith division a year ago. The very first ar15 the company built my dad milled the lower himself. He also got to pick the serial number they were submitting to the ATF. I asked for Bamf001... But settled for our personal initials and the year. Lllv2016... Like my pinside name... Here's pics when he finished the part and here's the complete gun he put together. The gun shops first ar15. Dad finished the gun 6 months ago, and retired at 64.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#50 7 years ago

One more for now, don't want to bore everyone. Moving into the spray and pray area.

Couple of Kel-Tec's
Tec9 and a PLR 16 in .223

A .223 with a 8" barrel. You need plugs AND muffs. Sounds like a 30.06

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.