Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 43.
#301 6 years ago

I'm hooked on WWII collectibles. In keeping with the theme here I suppose.
A wonderful WWII Japanese sword in fantastic condition including the Stingray skin on the handle.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpg

#302 6 years ago

My father gave me a NIB Smith & Wesson AR for Father's Day....thought it was a very cool gift

20170702_105902 (resized).jpg20170702_105902 (resized).jpg

#303 6 years ago

Fnh (so far my favorite manufacturer) FNP 40. Very smooth to shoot.

20170702_123634 (resized).jpg20170702_123634 (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago

This is clay target season for me and Sporting Clays is my game of choice but I don't pass up a chance to shoot 5 stand, trap etc. IMO the best bang for buck is Brownings 725 model. I'd like to see some clay shooting guns and hear about any Sporting Clay courses worth visiting.

IMG_20170702_225026348 (resized).jpgIMG_20170702_225026348 (resized).jpg

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I'd like to see some clay shooting guns and hear about any Sporting Clay courses worth visiting.

You're way too far from TN to suggest our gun club. (: great looking shotgun there!

#306 6 years ago

Feeling a bit wild but anyone interested in trading a pin for my wilson combat cqb elite. Ton of added stuff custom order. Got like 8 wilson combat mags. Mainly interested in williams/bally games. Pm me

20170611_122002 (resized).jpg20170611_122002 (resized).jpg

#307 6 years ago

Just before retiring I had someone run up to me and say I heard you are into guns, would you like to buy this for $40.00., well that was a no brainier lol.

It's a High Standard Double Nine "Convertible" .22 revolver. It's called a convertible because the cylinders are changeable from .22 LR to .22 Magnums, single and double action, 9 shots. I have the .22 LR one but if any of you guys happen to see or hear of someone selling the .22 Magnum cylinder please let me know.

IMG_1340 (resized).JPGIMG_1340 (resized).JPG

#308 6 years ago

A solute to all those that have served our country so well. From the European, the Pacific, SE Asia, Persian Gulf and beyond....

FullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-10 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-10 (resized).jpg

#309 6 years ago

Anyone have a demolition man, judge dredd, freddy nightmare on elmstreet, wh20, swords of fury, creature from the black lagoon, the shadow near ohio thats willing to trade for high end guns. Hit me up. Picture of my guns with my silencers. Got wilson conbat, fn scar 17 few others

20170105_113247 (resized).jpg20170105_113247 (resized).jpg

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think the Mini 30 is a very underappreciated rifle. Cheap ammo and a great zombie defense weapon.

» YouTube video

I have a mini-30 and it's a horible piece of shit. Ahem, er..., I mean, anyone want to buy a Ruger mini-30? It's great! Comes with eight magazines and 1000 rounds of Wolf.

#311 6 years ago

Happy 4th of July!

#312 6 years ago

Shot the brother's Ruger No 1 in 458 Lott this weekend. Damn that thing thumps.

We sighted in a couple other rifles to get him ready for an African safari coming up in a few weeks. Nice way to spend the 4th.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I have a mini-30 and it's a horible piece of shit. Ahem, er..., I mean, anyone want to buy a Ruger mini-30? It's great! Comes with eight magazines and 1000 rounds of Wolf.

If I wasn't about 3k miles away, I'd take it right off your hands.
Could be that that Wolf crap is your problem right off.

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPG

#314 6 years ago

This followed me home today.

IMG_20170708_114504 (resized).jpgIMG_20170708_114504 (resized).jpg

#315 6 years ago

Anyone got a nice shadow or demoman that would trade for highend guns?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm hooked on WWII collectibles. In keeping with the theme here I suppose.
A wonderful WWII Japanese sword in fantastic condition including the Stingray skin on the handle.

Gorgeous. Would love to have one of those. Seen a bunch at the WW2 museum in NOLA, would be great to have one.

#317 6 years ago

Just now running into this thread.
Here's my little pea shooter.
Beretta LR22

I'm trying to swing a deal with an older gentleman (a friend of mine's father who doesn't really have much interest in them other than the money) who has some very old and very nice revolvers I would really like to end up with.

22beretta (resized).jpg22beretta (resized).jpg

#318 6 years ago

New fun. The new Fostech. Can't wait to give it a try!

IMG_0910.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0910.JPG (resized).jpeg

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

New fun. The new Fostech. Can't wait to give it a try!

» YouTube video

Guy a work just got one. Runs like a champ.

Here's my version with a custom drum. 6 rounds per turn. .308 or 30.06 Not my video but you get the idea.

IMG_3218 (resized).JPGIMG_3218 (resized).JPG

#320 6 years ago

I think me and fulltilt must be long lost brothers.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

This followed me home today.

Awesome. Is that a CETME? Here's my two HK roller lock clones. The 91 is a PTR, and the 93 is a Century with some 91 wood I modified to fit. Both shoot flawless.

IMG_2992 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPG

#322 6 years ago

Yes a CETME. I like the wood on the 93, may have to change mine. Do you know of a source for 93 magazines? The real ones seem to be made of an exotic metal or something. Hard to find and lots of $$$

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

Yes a CETME. I like the wood on the 93, may have to change mine. Do you know of a source for 93 magazines? The real ones seem to be made of an exotic metal or something. Hard to find and lots of $$$

The 93 mags are ridiculously priced. Luckily my 93 came with 2 HK steel mags!! They are $80/piece of you can find them. It's crazy for sure. I tried the plastic Pro Mags for the 93 and they don't lock up at all. I might mess with them some more but they are soooo cheap feeling. I've never had any luck with anything pro mag makes but since 93 mags are so overpriced and rare I gave them a try. I'll just stick with the HK steel mags I wish I had more for sure. It's crazy cause steel HK mags for the 91 are like $5 still!!! Haha. Also the two websites I use for HK parts for these guns are RobertRTG.com and HKparts.net.

#324 6 years ago

Pro mags work about 50/50 for me. Not my first choice. The $80 is what I'm seeing also. When they can be found.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

If I wasn't about 3k miles away, I'd take it right off your hands.
Could be that that Wolf crap is your problem right off.

Wolf is shit, no doubt, (again, I bought it as a young man and didn't know better) but no ammo is going to fix that barrel. I can ship it, have an FFL you like? I'm not joking. Six magazines, Ruger stock, folding stock, the works.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Wolf is shit, no doubt, (again, I bought it as a young man and didn't know better) but no ammo is going to fix that barrel. I can ship it, have an FFL you like? I'm not joking. Six magazines, Ruger stock, folding stock, the works.

I've heard complaints about the barrel getting hot and causing accuracy problems. I think that's probably why someone came up with the idea of adding a barrel stabilizer. (:

1 week later
#327 6 years ago

New family member today.

IMG_20170728_151325 (resized).jpgIMG_20170728_151325 (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago

A while back I posted a pic of my Kriss Vector.
I decided to make it a Vector LE

IMG_99461 (resized).jpgIMG_99461 (resized).jpg

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

A while back I posted a pic of my Kriss Vector.
I decided to make it a Vector LE

Sweet! The Terminator edition!

#330 6 years ago

My AR-15 collection. The A2 without the scope I bought last fall. Got it home and checked the numbers, it was one I sold in 1990.

IMG_20170728_151446 (resized).jpgIMG_20170728_151446 (resized).jpg

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

My AR-15 collection. The A2 without the scope I bought last fall. Got it home and checked the numbers, it was one I sold in 1990.

Nice! Such a customizable gun. Which calibers so far?

#332 6 years ago

5.56x45 and 9mm in the picture. I also have one in .308. I have been repressing the itch for .458 or .50 Beowulf. So far anyway....

#333 6 years ago

The Beowulf is a fun round. I have a couple and a VERS 50 that makes it nice to shoot.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I've heard complaints about the barrel getting hot and causing accuracy problems. I think that's probably why someone came up with the idea of adding a barrel stabilizer. (:

I honestly used to be just like you man, every time someone came up with a legitimate criticism of my beloved 30 I had a list of excuses / explanation / mods / anecdotes with which to answer them. I was *this* close to sending this thing off to Accuracy Systems and dropping $1000+ to make it sweet before I came to my senses. Good money after bad.

I love the action, but that's why I have my Garand. Want my 30? It's yours. Just let me know.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I honestly used to be just like you man, every time someone came up with a legitimate criticism of my beloved 30 I had a list of excuses / explanation / mods / anecdotes with which to answer them. I was *this* close to sending this thing off to Accuracy Systems and dropping $1000+ to make it sweet before I came to my senses. Good money after bad.
I love the action, but that's why I have my Garand. Want my 30? It's yours. Just let me know.

Oh hell no, you're absolutely right. I don't like it that much! I just think it's a good gun for $600. Don't even know if the stabilizer bar really makes any difference but it was cheap and looks kinda cool. (:
What exactly was the issue with the gun other than considering it a piece of shit?

I agree 100% on the Garand. Absolute work of art.

#336 6 years ago

I agree. Here's mine. I got thru the Feds when it was still DCM (pre CMP). Back then it was next in line, no hand picking different prices stuff. Wait for it...

I paid $250. Great rifle. Muzzle is at 1 and throat is at 2. Yes the match sight came on it.

IMG_3250 (resized).JPGIMG_3250 (resized).JPG
IMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPG

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I paid $250. Great rifle.

I hope they lift the ban on historic firearms. It would be great to pickup more of these wonderful guns at nice prices. My first .30 carbine was around $150! I paid around $350 for my first Garand. Regret selling it and paid nearly $1k for my most recent one. I won't sell it again.

#338 6 years ago

I bought 2 carbines at roses department store (like k mart) for around $100 each back in late 80's. Still have one of them. Those are fun too.

#339 6 years ago

Definitely some cool stuff here, are any of you guys into black powder? I need to get/make some wheels for the bronze one. I've had the privilege of crewing the red carriage one, (not mine, reproduction) as well as the Krupp. (a buddy's, 1874 original) Been down to Charles Towne Landing and served on a 16 pounder (reproduction) down there.

NCM_0873 (resized).JPGNCM_0873 (resized).JPG

NCM_0880 (resized).JPGNCM_0880 (resized).JPG

Picture 277 (resized).jpgPicture 277 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160610_145908 (resized).jpgIMG_20160610_145908 (resized).jpg

#340 6 years ago

I think I need one of those.

#341 6 years ago

I really don't know enough about guns to know if they are the real deal or not. I have an opportunity to buy this Colt .45 only thing that worries me is not knowing if it's a real Colt 45 or not.
I have done some research on it and have mostly found out to watch out for fakes.
I have been reading up on some gun forums but don't really feel like creating an account just to ask questions when I already have one here and it seems like a few of you on here know your stuff about fire arms.
Is it possible to tell if this is a real Colt .45 just by the pics?
your help would be appreciated.

DSCF3371 (resized).JPGDSCF3371 (resized).JPG

DSCF3372 (resized).JPGDSCF3372 (resized).JPG

DSCF3373 (resized).JPGDSCF3373 (resized).JPG

DSCF3374 (resized).JPGDSCF3374 (resized).JPG

DSCF3375 (resized).JPGDSCF3375 (resized).JPG

#342 6 years ago

I just picked up a Trijicon RMR reflex site to go onto the Acog on my Scar 16

IMG_9039 (resized).JPGIMG_9039 (resized).JPG

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

I really don't know enough about guns to know if they are the real deal or not. I have an opportunity to buy this Colt .45 only thing that worries me is not knowing if it's a real Colt 45 or not.
I have done some research on it and have mostly found out to watch out for fakes.
I have been reading up on some gun forums but don't really feel like creating an account just to ask questions when I already have one here and it seems like a few of you on here know your stuff about fire arms.

I'm sorry but that's a fake. This is the real Colt45.

IMG_1466 (resized).JPGIMG_1466 (resized).JPG

#344 6 years ago

Seriously though, that's a beauty. I hope I turns out to be the real thing.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just picked up a Trijicon RMR reflex site to go onto the Acog on my Scar 16

Very nice! I don't personally like the feel in my hands of the Scar, but there is no denying it's a nice weapon. I've only held one at a gun show, but would really like to shoot one.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Have you tried plugging in the serial number and see what you get?
http://www.colt.com/Customer-Services/Serial-Number-Lookup

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Have you tried plugging in the serial number and see what you get?
http://www.colt.com/Customer-Services/Serial-Number-Lookup

Goes to show what I know. Yes, I entered the serial number and ten different models were showing, the Single Action Army model is showing it to be 1908, but I am certain this gun is not that old. it doesn't have a date of 1908 anywhere on it. I posted a pic of the gun with what appears to be dates. It looks like it might have a date of 1975 on it...does that sound right?
thanks for the link

#348 6 years ago

Yeah, it will probably list several but I think one should be similar to what your firearm is. I have a first gen SAA 32 WCF. I forked out the money for a Colt letter tracing the gun to where it was originally shipped and sold. Pretty cool Colt can do that.

I think it would be worth your time to post on a Colt forum with folks that can probably answer your question with those pics you have.
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/forum.php

#349 6 years ago

Nice to see ammo prices down these days. For 5.56 owners, best price I've seen on this in a LONG time. Some of the best I've used.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-rounds-556mm-62-grain-green-tip-fmj-m855-imi-ammo-made-israel-military-i

#350 6 years ago

Ammo prices are the best I have seen in years. Check out gun-deals.com nothing for sale there just links to add. Federal M855 or M193 can be had for less than 25 cents a round shipped. I actually bought some .22 LR for the first time in over 8 years, it can be found for less than 5 cents now. Still a double price...

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/7?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.