Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 43.
#1851 1 year ago

Let's go to Woodbury!

IMG_4900 (resized).jpgIMG_4900 (resized).jpg

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Let's go to Woodbury!
[quoted image]

Cmon over I live there!

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Let's go to Woodbury!

How much does that gun cost new these days?

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't know, it's been a minute.

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Cmon over I live there!

If your mayor has a patch on his eye, get the hell out.

#1856 1 year ago

As long as we’re looking at wheels here’s my 3rd and final. I want to say I got this summer of 2020 for less than $1000 used which I thought was a steal. Got it on my way home from picking up a SuperStar pin too. I set a personal record 2 hour wait time on this.

F30448CA-6500-4525-AEFA-46A18B603C41 (resized).jpegF30448CA-6500-4525-AEFA-46A18B603C41 (resized).jpeg

#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The 4.25 pyrhon is around 1500 - 4.25 king cobra target can be found for just under 1k.

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

The 4.25 pyrhon is around 1500 - 4.25 king cobra target can be found for just under 1k.

That's the new releases I'm thinkin'.

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

As long as we’re looking at wheels here’s my 3rd and final. I want to say I got this summer of 2020 for less than $1000 used which I thought was a steal. Got it on my way home from picking up a SuperStar pin too. I set a personal record 2 hour wait time on this.

We got similar socks.

IMG_4901 (resized).jpgIMG_4901 (resized).jpg

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That's the new releases I'm thinkin'.

Correct, want an original and multiply that by x2 or 3.

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Original Colt Pythons are about $3,700. ( truegunvalue.com )
A few years ago at Cabelas in Dundee MI. had 6" & 8" Pythons in Blue for $2600 and $2800.
I think I did well buying mine in 1983.

In 2021 Colt was bought out by CV and now remakes the Python. Which has added value to the "real" Colts

2 weeks later
#1862 1 year ago

Agreed. Wanted to confirm. Anything I was going to post was going to go through an FFL who would ship. Moot point now, carry on.

Quoted from EJS:

Exactly. Out of state kind of hard.
I know the mods said….be lucky this thread is even in existence as it is so I wouldn’t push it.
Maybe just recognize local pinsiders and talk with them.
For example I’ve met up with USMCSGT0331 and whatever we do stays off pinside.

#1863 1 year ago

Well, we’re having pheasants for thanksgiving this year.

FF405AD5-9E8A-4BF5-BE8B-7E939123EB72 (resized).jpegFF405AD5-9E8A-4BF5-BE8B-7E939123EB72 (resized).jpeg
#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The Original Colt Pythons are about $3,700. ( truegunvalue.com )
A few years ago at Cabelas in Dundee MI. had 6" & 8" Pythons in Blue for $2600 and $2800.
I think I did well buying mine in 1983.
In 2021 Colt was bought out by CV and now remakes the Python. Which has added value to the "real" Colts

Are there any meaningful differences between the original and the ones being made now by Colt (post buyout)?

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are there any meaningful differences between the original and the ones being made now by Colt (post buyout)?

I will admit, I have never handled one of the new production models.
The original Python I have is simply perfection in a handgun. Possibly the best trigger and action I have ever felt.

#1866 1 year ago

Took my son out this morning.
22A54E5C-47DA-4647-9650-BB14DE7D50C5 (resized).jpeg22A54E5C-47DA-4647-9650-BB14DE7D50C5 (resized).jpeg

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Internals have been completely overhauled. New V spring design and firing pin block as well as cylinder ratchet to keep the known issue of pythons falling out of timing from happening. However, even with these new designs, the new models have had timing issues plaguing them as well. But thats more of a parts fitment issue rather than a design issue like the original models. The tolerances are kinda washy on some of the early new models so after the parts wear in, the timing gets screwed. Ive repaired 2 from customers as colt is backlogged almost 6 months. The customers are IDPA revolver shooters though and put lots of low powered rounds down range quickly. They are much better drop safe now though. So its a toss up on if the model you get stays in timing after a ton of cylinders worth of ammo. I have personally shot the new ones and can say they are still the absolute best shooters out there today for $1200. The trigger is every much the same smoother butter trigger the original has. After speaking with Colt at SHOT 2019 after the release, I asked about them doing the royal blu editions, they simply responded asking me what I would be willing to pay for that. I said $2500 and they simply responded saying theres absolutely NO way they would be able to make a high polished blu python and sell it for anything less than 5k. I suggested a matte blu since Tacticool items are very hot right now and gamers would buy that up quickly, they said they'd be interested but would fear the backlash from traditionalists that would cause. So they may do something down the line, but that explains why nothing has come out in the past 4 years in a different finish.

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Took my son out this morning.
[quoted image]

Good quality father/son time!!! Love it!!! Hes gotten a ton better at his shooting posture.

#1869 1 year ago

I think my next handgun purchase may be a desert eagle. I have essentially every other 'slot' covered, but I'm looking for something new.

If anyone has one, I would love to see pics and or advice

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think my next handgun purchase may be a desert eagle. I have essentially every other 'slot' covered, but I'm looking for something new.

Which caliber?

I would recommend trying one before you purchase.

I’ve shot all their calibers and 357 is the most enjoyable. 50 is fun a few times but gets old pretty fast. It’s like holding a brick.

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Had an original IMI which were the best most reliable models. DO NOT BUY NEW KAHR DE's!!! They are big POS and you'll always have gremlins. I ended up selling mine as it was a safe queen. Cost of ammo was stupid, recoil was very aggressive, it simply was in no way a fun gun to shoot. I took it out a lot initially so everyone around could shoot it and everybody that touched it fired 1 round and simply put it down and said "nope". If you have VERY BIG hands, it would be a once in a while shooter, but anybody with simply "big" hands and below, its not worth it. I finally was able to get a 357 barrel/mags for it (very rare and very hard to find due to popularity and demand) which made a huge difference and it was a pleasure to shoot finally as the DE's have a great match trigger and shooting a straight walled cartridge in a semi-auto platform, especially 357 mag, you get insane higher velocities and push an already perfected cartridge, even faster. But, I needed my 357 for my Marlin 357 1895c Dark, so I cashed in on the going rates they were selling for as I still have smaller hands and could never enjoy it. I love guns that make me smile and laugh, and while the DE did that whenever I pulled it out, my 16" heritage 22lr revolver gives me a bigger grin than a 2500 pistol thats a pain to shoot. Its very dangerous if you do not have the right size hands for them, youtube can show you this.

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

All I wanted back in the 80's was a .50 Desert Eagle. Local indoor range finally had one to try out. One shot, did that, checked it off. I stuck to my .45's

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If you want something new, thats practical, a powerful cartridge, and very accurate. Check out the FK BRNO PSD. Its multi caliber platform in 40, 10mm, and 9mm as well as the 7.5 calibers, but the 7.5 FK round is a BEAST!!!!!! Its a longer bottle neck cased 10mm essentially necked to a 40. Stupid fast and has an INSANE 2,000 ft/s velocity with 850 ft⋅lb of energy!!!! Accurate and very hard hitting. I shot the Field pistol which is the original design and full steel, the recoil and everything was amazing. I was hitting steel out at 500 yards!!!!! with a pistol!!!!! The Field pistol cost was 7k though...so it didnt sell well. So they came out with the new PSD system and made it a polymer frame and now the pistol is a third of the cost with the only detriment being lighter weight so more felt recoil. But nothing compared to the 50AE. Not many know about this cartridge and pistol so it always turns heads when youre plinking steel at 300 yards with a pistol.

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Good quality father/son time!!! Love it!!! Hes gotten a ton better at his shooting posture.

Thanks brother.
Yeah, he’s getting a lot better.
His posture is better and he taking his time with shot placement instead of wanting to mag dump (or in this case belt).
I got back from South Dakota last night and Will was still in town, so we decided to go out for a couple hours this morning.
Harrison’s new favorite gun is the PS90.
Back at the house now chillin and waiting for the season premiere of Yellowstone. Trish has been rewatching last season all day.
I’ll give you a call this week and see about dropping you by a couple pheasants. Wound up hitting my limit every day and wound up with 15 roosters on the trip.

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks brother.
Yeah, he’s getting a lot better.
His posture is better and he taking his time with shot placement instead of wanting to mag dump (or in this case belt).
I got back from South Dakota last night and Will was still in town, so we decided to go out for a couple hours this morning.
Harrison’s new favorite gun is the PS90.
Back at the house now chillin and waiting for the season premiere of Yellowstone. Trish has been rewatching last season all day.
I’ll give you a call this week and see about dropping you by a couple pheasants. Wound up hitting my limit every day and wound up with 15 roosters on the trip.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I once had a L.A.R. Grizzly in .45 Win Mag it was a 1911 on steroids !!!

File photo not mine

lar (resized).jpglar (resized).jpg
#1877 1 year ago

Picked up a pretty nice Remington 1903 at the shop down the hill this week. The owner has been getting a bunch of really nice vintage rifles consigned from someone locally, so I find myself stopping in about once a week lately.

DEFD1717-2BD5-46AF-8349-E4B1B788718A (resized).jpegDEFD1717-2BD5-46AF-8349-E4B1B788718A (resized).jpeg1E377AEF-04C6-4E02-A557-D2BFAFF341A9 (resized).jpeg1E377AEF-04C6-4E02-A557-D2BFAFF341A9 (resized).jpeg07F2CD9D-71D6-4912-A207-55944FCFFA6C (resized).jpeg07F2CD9D-71D6-4912-A207-55944FCFFA6C (resized).jpeg
#1878 1 year ago

I might be moving to Europe in the not so distant future. Does anyone know of companies that ship firearms overseas?

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I might be moving to Europe in the not so distant future. Does anyone know of companies that ship firearms overseas?

Exporting firearms is a very painful process. Especially for 70% of Firearms that are allowed in the states. Europe has very strict laws regarding them and most are not allowed to be owned.

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Picked up a pretty nice Remington 1903 at the shop down the hill this week. The owner has been getting a bunch of really nice vintage rifles consigned from someone locally, so I find myself stopping in about once a week lately. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Shes a beaut clark, seriously im jelly. Love the historical stuff, especially 1900-1920

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Exporting firearms is a very painful process. Especially for 70% of Firearms that are allowed in the states. Europe has very strict laws regarding them and most are not allowed to be owned.

I am moving to CZ and I believe that they are the most lenient in the union.

#1883 1 year ago

Friendly reminder to not utilize this thread to discuss firearm laws. That is the ammunition that the people that have wanted to see this thread closed since the day it opened would use to get their way…

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Which caliber?
I would recommend trying one before you purchase.
I’ve shot all their calibers and 357 is the most enjoyable. 50 is fun a few times but gets old pretty fast. It’s like holding a brick.

I have a desert eagle 9mm already, but I would like a .50

#1885 1 year ago

My IWI Tavor TS12 just arrived (15+1 Bull Pup Semi-Auto Shotgun - you can actually load 17 x 2-3/4" shells at a time). Unfortunately, the optic I ordered was damaged, so awaiting replacement. Regardless, this is going to be lots of fun. Just hope I can get over my tennis elbow soon as it makes it a little painful handling firearms.

0829F614-F689-4645-8A2C-3CC754538E6B (resized).jpeg0829F614-F689-4645-8A2C-3CC754538E6B (resized).jpeg

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My IWI Tavor TS12 just arrived. Unfortunately, the optic I ordered was damaged, so awaiting replacement. Regardless, this is going to be lots of fun. Just hope I can get over my tennis elbow soon as it makes it a little painful handling firearms.
[quoted image]

That is epically cool

#1887 1 year ago

BTW, I'm a hobbyist gun guy that primarily just does target shooting for fun. I posted several months ago about choosing the Sightmark R-Spec optic for my AR-15 and went the same route for my TR12.

For those not familiar, what I really like about the Sightmark R-Spec Reflex sight is that it has both red and green reticle selections (I seem to prefer green over red on bright days), and there are 4 different reticle patterns you can switch between (I prefer the cross surrounded by a circle). It also comes standard with a quick release which is nice. You get all of that for under $100 from Optics Planet. Thus far, it has performed perfectly on my AR and I see no reason why it's not going to do the same on my TR12.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Friendly reminder to not utilize this thread to discuss firearm laws. That is the ammunition that the people that have wanted to see this thread closed since the day it opened would use to get their way…

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know that sales are not allowed in this thread but had no idea that trying to find a reputable exporter is prohibited. Sorry. Just less freedom of speech I guess.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So the thread is for pretty much just pics and oohs and aahs?

#1890 1 year ago

New addition, Keystone Arms Chipmunk Hunter .22LR single shot Tasco 2-6X

111a (resized).jpg111a (resized).jpg111b (resized).jpg111b (resized).jpg111c (resized).jpg111c (resized).jpg
#1891 1 year ago

Down at dads for the week and hope to go dial these in.
Big scope is my target 22 and small scope is my 223.

20221122_125522 (resized).jpg20221122_125522 (resized).jpg20221122_125630 (resized).jpg20221122_125630 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1892 1 year ago

Picked up a Benelli M2 field in 20ga without the barrel for a good deal. But now I cant find barrels for it lol. Hoping for a 24" but nothing longer than a 26".

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Picked up a Benelli M2 field in 20ga without the barrel for a good deal. But now I cant find barrels for it lol. Hoping for a 24" but nothing longer than a 26".

Any pics?

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My IWI Tavor TS12 just arrived (15+1 Bull Pup Semi-Auto Shotgun - you can actually load 17 x 2-3/4" shells at a time). Unfortunately, the optic I ordered was damaged, so awaiting replacement. Regardless, this is going to be lots of fun. Just hope I can get over my tennis elbow soon as it makes it a little painful handling firearms.
[quoted image]

Took the TS12 to the range to shoot for the first time today, and it was awesome! Put an inaugural 75 shells through it without a single misfeed or eject, and even blew away a few targets completely and cut the target backboard in half. Ended up having more kick than what I was expecting, but still tons of fun.

#1895 1 year ago

Made a 200 yard shot on this guy with my buddies Savage 6.5 creedmore. Thinking about buying one of these. Damn fine deer rifle. Hard hitting and doesn’t leave a big exit that’s very destructive to the meat. My brother shot a hog with it yesterday morning and same results. The wife is stoked because the freezer is about to be stocked up again. Pretty sweet little rifle.
EF6E98EA-AE9A-4929-B05A-67C8044A785A (resized).jpegEF6E98EA-AE9A-4929-B05A-67C8044A785A (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1896 1 year ago

Got 2 of these bad boys in today. Tracking Points XS2 which are 300 winmags. Had to repair 1 of the scopes because some yahoo felt the need to Torque electrical connections to German standards and snapped it right off the board. The other is perfect. Glad to have gotten these for the technical marvel they are and history they have. Right up there with the Laugo Alien pistol I picked up.

20230104_031553.jpg20230104_031553.jpg
1 week later
#1897 1 year ago

Just a picture from a cold day at the range shooting my Ruger GP100.

ms (resized).pngms (resized).png
#1898 1 year ago

Haven’t been in the market for components recently. Found this while cleaning up the work bench. Going to throw it away so figured I’d post here first.

95665580-3861-40F4-A89D-A2702E6F4409 (resized).jpeg95665580-3861-40F4-A89D-A2702E6F4409 (resized).jpeg
#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Haven’t been in the market for components recently. Found this while cleaning up the work bench. Going to throw it away so figured I’d post here first.
[quoted image]

I just sold primers that my late brother had. Got $70/1000. The brick was priced at $12.95

#1900 1 year ago

This here pointy poker thing hung on the wall in Granddad's den for as long as I could remember. After he passed, I asked if I could have it. And Pop said hmm well there's a story to the thing so anyway he says it's his and he wants to love it for a while.
The story was about how him and his other 8 or 9 year old buddies were out playing and the neighbor lady gave him the bayonet to play with. It was immediately confiscated upon his return home. He was at least 70 when he got it back.
The Old Man passed a couple years back and so now I have the 1878 French pigsticker. I still haven't found any proper artillery for to sticker it on.

20230116_222500 (resized).jpg20230116_222500 (resized).jpg
There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.