Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 43.
#1651 2 years ago

That thing looks really comfortable just needs a new butt pad. I’d definitely give you twice what you paid for it

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

I just purchased this at an auction for a whopping $40 and it's by far the strangest M40 stock I've ever seen! It's a real M40 stock and has all the correct characteristics, but I have no idea who did the modifications. It's actually pretty stable holding it while standing, but the vertical foregrip is too far forward and would have better ergonomics if it were moved back an inch or two.
I opened up the recoil lug inlet bedding just enough to drop in Culver's M40 barreled action:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here's a closeup of the vertical foregrip:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Closeup of the butt modification:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The butt now has a Pachmayr White Line recoil pad, instead of an aluminum 40x buttplate. The and of the stock was sanded and reshaped, so the original stamps underneath the 40x buttplate are gone:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The holes on the left side of the foregrip and buttstock are sling swivel screw holes. Here's a rear sling swivel off an M40 stock in each of these holes:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There's also something written on the left side of the stock, it says "Mortuus Via Longus." I assume it's in Latin and means something like "death by long [distance]." I guess it's a fitting statement for a sniper rifle:
[quoted image]
I have a bunch of original M40 stocks to compare this weird stock to, but only one of them has this same gray bedding. Remington didn't use any bedding material when they built the M40's (their "hand bedding" was just making the stock with tighter dimensions so the receiver fits better) and the 2112 armorers typically used Bisonite as the bedding compound on the M40's during the 1960/70's. I don't know what material this gray bedding is and I don't know why the 2112's didn't use Bisonite like the majority of the bedded M40's.
I've seen a few other original M40 stocks with this same bedding, so it's probably original to the stock when it was in USMC inventory. If this is the case, then the foregrip and stock modifications were also done at the RTE shop, since the stock would have to be rebedded for a new civilian barreled action (if the mods were done outside the Corps). I don't know why someone would go through all the trouble modifying the stock and then not fit it to their barreled action.
My barreled action sort of fits the stock after I slightly opened up the recoil lug inlet, but it's still not a perfect fit in the original bedding. When I received the stock I looked closely at the bedding and it was clean, no one had touched the bedding until I decided to do so. All of this information points to the stock possibly being modified by 2112's.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Modified M40 on the left, regular M40 on the right:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
So, that's my new stock and that's all the information I have, hopefully someone here knows something about it! I think this could be an RTE modified M40 stock, there's a few indicators that it's possible and the 2112's were known to have modified a ton of M40 parts after the Vietnam War. They experimented with everything in order to create a better sniper rifle (that's how they ended up with the M40A1), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was one of their creations. However, this RTE connection is pretty much impossible to prove without a firsthand account from a 2112 or sniper who made/saw/used this stock. It could also be some drunken creation by a civilian who got their hands on a cheap surplus stock. I have no idea, I just think it's interesting.
What do you guys think about this strange stock?

Pretty neat.
My first thought is maybe it was done for someone with a large framed body and long arms. Like you mentioned the grip is pretty far forward and not ideally ergonomically. Maybe he had long arms and big shoulders?

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Down in southern Alabama for the long weekend. Picked up a NVG scope last week. Super pumped to sight this in tomorrow and hunt tomarrow night. Need to put some pork in the freezer.
[quoted image]

Sweet. A nice night vision scope is on the list of things I want to get after the new year. Nethawk86 and I have been talking about taking a trip to Texas to shoot hogs this year as we really don’t have them here.

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

One of my employees picked up two Arisaka rifles at an estate sale over the weekend. The one with the folding wire monopod (longer of the two rifles) has the imperial seal (Chrysanthemum flower) intact. The shorter one has it ground off. Wound up buying them both off him and very happy with the pair. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

By the way, an update on the two Arisaka rifles I picked up the other day.
It turns out that the dust cover that was on the Type 38 was the wrong dust cover. It has a serial number stamped into the back of it and it matches the serial numbers on the type 99.
I.E. my type 99 is now 100% complete, numbers matching.
Previous owner must have swapped it.

D24FFE5F-18CB-4EDC-A2D8-CC4B389BABC2 (resized).jpegD24FFE5F-18CB-4EDC-A2D8-CC4B389BABC2 (resized).jpeg
#1655 2 years ago

Dang, hard to improve on the 99 now. When I saw your previous post, was thinking shame there was no dust cover. Congrats - you did very well.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Sweet. A nice night vision scope is on the list of things I want to get after the new year. Nethawk86 and I have been talking about taking a trip to Texas to shoot hogs this year as we really don’t have them here.

Find one with a good field of view. This is a Sightmark wraith 4k mini. It goes from 2x -16x. But the view is a little tight at 2x. I don't know if it gets better than this.

Here is my hunting spot tonight. Been here since 2:00 and the feeder goes off at 4:00pm Central. There are a lot of hogs moving in the area. But no sightings yet. There are a few more stand options around me for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully I will have a video for you guys.

16409857802204769097394383882935 (resized).jpg16409857802204769097394383882935 (resized).jpg
#1657 2 years ago

This is a phone pic. The scope only shows about 6-8 feet on either side of the feeder.

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Find one with a good field of view. This is a Sightmark wraith 4k mini. It goes from 2x -16x. But the view is a little tight at 2x. I don't know if it gets better than this.
Here is my hunting spot tonight. Been here since 2:00 and the feeder goes off at 4:00pm Central. There are a lot of hogs moving in the area. But no sightings yet. There are a few more stand options around me for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully I will have a video for you guys.
[quoted image]

Looking forward to hearing you report back.
We don’t have hogs out here and all large game tags (deer, elk, antelope etc.) are on a draw/lottery basis. You can buy over the counter archery tags for most (except sheep) and if I don’t get drawn for rifle season, I’ll probably do that for deer.
I know that hogs are a nuisance a lot of places, but I’m kind of jellos of some of the guys that can go hunt hogs whenever.

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Looking forward to hearing you report back.
We don’t have hogs out here and all large game tags (deer, elk, antelope etc.) are on a draw/lottery basis. You can buy over the counter archery tags for most (except sheep) and if I don’t get drawn for rifle season, I’ll probably do that for deer.
I know that hogs are a nuisance a lot of places, but I’m kind of jellos of some of the guys that can go hunt hogs whenever.

This is a friend's place. It's a 7 hour drive from Indiana. But I gladly do it for friends, bourbon, and hogs. It's pretty much a come hang out and tell the same stories with a little hunting thrown in. I don't care for deer meat but pigs on the other hand are delicious. Haha

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

This is a friend's place. It's a 7 hour drive from Indiana. But I gladly do it for friends, bourbon, and hogs. It's pretty much a come hang out and tell the same stories with a little hunting thrown in. I don't care for deer meat but pigs on the other hand are delicious. Haha

Sounds awesome.
Deer meat for me depends.
I’m not a big fan of steaks as they don’t have much fat content in them and the meat is very lean. A lot of people tend to over cook it as well because they think that since it’s wild game meat it needs to be cooked longer. In doing do, you’re just drying out the meat.
We basically only do back straps as steaks.
The rest things like burger meat, breakfast sausage, summer sausage etc.
Also helps if you add beef tallow to the mix.

#1661 2 years ago

Well last night was a bust. Just 3 young bucks milling around and playfully sparing. Had to chase a spike out from underneath the stand to head back. New spot tonight

IMG_20220101_160342578 (resized).jpgIMG_20220101_160342578 (resized).jpg
#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Well last night was a bust. Just 3 young bucks milling around and playfully sparing. Had to chase a spike out from underneath the stand to head back. New spot tonight
[quoted image]

Cool, good luck.
Do you guys set up trail cams at the different blinds so you can monitor what kind of activity each blind is getting?

#1663 2 years ago

There is another group that does that out here. The pigs are weird they are difficult to pattern. Could see them move in the middle of the day. Or nothing at all. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

The feeder went off an hour ago and not even a squirrel has come to it. The cold front coming in tomorrow may get them moving.

1 week later
#1664 2 years ago

Reliable PPD.

IMG_2873 (resized).jpegIMG_2873 (resized).jpeg

#1665 2 years ago

Going through some old photos, I used to have way too many Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, lol

20160721_213355.jpg20160721_213355.jpg
20160721_213411.jpg20160721_213411.jpg

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Going through some old photos, I used to have way too many Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, lol
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did bell hop look at you funny when you checked into the hotel?

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Did bell hop look at you funny when you checked into the hotel?

I was bringing them from the loading bay up to my apartment (in Chicago), a woman saw me and actually called the cops! When they arrived I tried to sell them some stocks, lol.

#1668 2 years ago

A couple of parting shots of my old SP1. Had it a very long time and hopefully finding it a good home on Gunbroker.
This is not a sale ad! Just a nice old rifle.

DSCF0188 (resized).JPGDSCF0188 (resized).JPG
DSCF0193 (resized).JPGDSCF0193 (resized).JPG

#1669 2 years ago

IMG_2898 copy (resized).jpgIMG_2898 copy (resized).jpg

#1670 2 years ago

Picked up an mro. One nice thing about gun stuff is it’s fairly easy to get things made in USA

140ECDF4-917E-4CDF-9BA6-4EAC600C0875 (resized).jpeg140ECDF4-917E-4CDF-9BA6-4EAC600C0875 (resized).jpeg
#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Picked up an mro. One nice thing about gun stuff is it’s fairly easy to get things made in USA [quoted image]

What is the top rifle? It has the ar controls but the receivers are an odd shape. I like the slimmer design.

#1672 2 years ago

Sig 556, it’s kinda neat..

#1673 2 years ago

The shooting range I belong to had a members only "gun show" in their clubhouse today. I put gun show in quotes, since it's probably the smallest gun show ever. There were only 4 of us with tables; a dealer with about 30 pistols, a guy with a few antiques, a guy with with a rifle and a few pistols (none for sale, just showing his personal stuff), and me.

I brought 9 USMC rifles to display and discuss with people who stopped by. None of these rifles were for sale, but I did bring 2 Navy SEAL used Mk13 Mod 5 kits to sell (they didn't sell). Only a few dozen people came though over the course of about 5 hours. Even though attendance was low, there were always a few people looking at the rifles on display and asking me questions.

I had a great time, I got to meet some of the other club members and I spent a good portion of the day discussing sniper rifles! Most of the people had never seen any of these rifles before, so I had the opportunity to pass along some knowledge and stories. I'm as much a historian as I am a collector, so I enjoy being able to preserve these pieces of history and share them with other people.

I took a photo of my display, it's pretty basic, just a few rifles:

Screenshot_20220115-182404_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220115-182404_Gallery.jpg

Here's a list of the rifles in that pic:

M40A3
M40A3 (MARSOC variant)
M40A5
M40A6
M110K1 (original MARSOC upper, scope and silencer)
M82A1 (original USMC, Gulf War used)
XM3 (original USMC, this is actually one of the rifles my sniper platoon had in Fallujah, Iraq! I got it from the CMP)
Mk13 Mod 7
Mk13 Mod 5

1 week later
#1674 2 years ago

Tim Parkhurst (CEO of the SSA) is going to be on Everyday Sniper's podcast with Frank Galli (Sniper's Hide forum owner) tomorrow discussing the organization, the M70 raffle rifle and other sniper stuff. Check it out when you guys have some time!

https://theeverydaysniper.podbean.com/

#1675 2 years ago

Well, it took a few years, but I'm officially done with all 5 major variations of the Daniel Defense Block II uppers with SureFire 4 prong flash hiders! From top to bottom (with barrel lengths) they are:

M4A1 FSP, 14.5"
M4A1, 14.5"
GL/SSC, 12.5"
Mk18 FSP, 10.3"
Mk18, 10.3"

20220202_123159.jpg20220202_123159.jpg
20220202_123212.jpg20220202_123212.jpg

The GL/SSC stands for Grenade Launcher/Sound Suppression Capable and it's the shortest DD rail that you can attach an M203 grenade launcher to. I'm extremely fortunate to have the GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails in my collection, those rails are extremely rare. There's only a handful of each known to be in private collections and there's probably 5 or less people on the planet that have both of these rails in their collection! Most of the ones you see in collections are cut down M4A1 rails that still retain their M4A1 markings. Here's the markings on my original GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails:

20220202_170949.jpg20220202_170949.jpg

Here's the GL/SSC by itself:

20220202_171753.jpg20220202_171753.jpg
20220202_171809.jpg20220202_171809.jpg

I have a few more of these DD Block II uppers as well, all but one upper has optics and accessories. Next step will be trying to find silencers for all of them, then finding lower receivers to Form 1 as SBR's. These detailed clone builds take a ton of time and patience! All of the parts are either military surplus or clone correct. Let me know if you guys have any questions about clone builds or need assistance with getting started on a build, I'll do what I can to help out and share pics/knowledge.

20220203_021054.jpg20220203_021054.jpg

Also, Joint Force Enterprises has some amazing Remington items for sale right now! Shoot them a call if you need any original M24 rifles or parts, their phone number is 904-800-6333 (press 1 when it asks which department to connect to). They're selling Remington M24 receivers with a C prefix serial number (early 1990's) and US stamp for $600 each! That's a very good deal for a rare, original, historical US military used receiver! They also sell the long action bolt bodies and firing pin assembly to go with the receivers.

I'm going to be building one of my receivers into an M24 clone using original parts. I plan on using the other receivers on unique custom builds. I highly recommend picking up at least 1 C prefix US marked M24 receiver for your collection. Here's the receivers I recently picked up (I already had the M24 scope bases and triggers in my collection):

20220128_075545.jpg20220128_075545.jpg
20220128_073429.jpg20220128_073429.jpg

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Let me know if you guys have any questions about clone builds or need assistance with getting started on a build, I'll do what I can to help out and share pics/knowledge.

Do you have a source for WMX200's? I have been looking for more

22622056515_bafc6893b7_k (resized).jpg22622056515_bafc6893b7_k (resized).jpg
#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Well, it took a few years, but I'm officially done with all 5 major variations of the Daniel Defense Block II uppers with SureFire 4 prong flash hiders! From top to bottom (with barrel lengths) they are:
M4A1 FSP, 14.5"
M4A1, 14.5"
GL/SSC, 12.5"
Mk18 FSP, 10.3"
Mk18, 10.3"
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The GL/SSC stands for Grenade Launcher/Sound Suppression Capable and it's the shortest DD rail that you can attach an M203 grenade launcher to. I'm extremely fortunate to have the GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails in my collection, those rails are extremely rare. There's only a handful of each known to be in private collections and there's probably 5 or less people on the planet that have both of these rails in their collection! Most of the ones you see in collections are cut down M4A1 rails that still retain their M4A1 markings. Here's the markings on my original GL/SSC and Mk18 FSP rails:
[quoted image]
Here's the GL/SSC by itself:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I have a few more of these DD Block II uppers as well, all but one upper has optics and accessories. Next step will be trying to find silencers for all of them, then finding lower receivers to Form 1 as SBR's. These detailed clone builds take a ton of time and patience! All of the parts are either military surplus or clone correct. Let me know if you guys have any questions about clone builds or need assistance with getting started on a build, I'll do what I can to help out and share pics/knowledge.
[quoted image]
Also, Joint Force Enterprises has some amazing Remington items for sale right now! Shoot them a call if you need any original M24 rifles or parts, their phone number is 904-800-6333 (press 1 when it asks which department to connect to). They're selling Remington M24 receivers with a C prefix serial number (early 1990's) and US stamp for $600 each! That's a very good deal for a rare, original, historical US military used receiver! They also sell the long action bolt bodies and firing pin assembly to go with the receivers.
I'm going to be building one of my receivers into an M24 clone using original parts. I plan on using the other receivers on unique custom builds. I highly recommend picking up at least 1 C prefix US marked M24 receiver for your collection. Here's the receivers I recently picked up (I already had the M24 scope bases and triggers in my collection):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, hardcore!
Anyone have any experience with form1 suppressors? I have a few form 4 cans, but figured I’d try the diy route and see how long it takes.

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Do you have a source for WMX200's? I have been looking for more [quoted image]

I bought the 2 I have a few years ago, haven't seen any for a decent price since. There's a NAVSEA marked WMX200 on Gunbroker right now, bidding is currently past $2,000.

Quoted from Kneissl:

Wow, hardcore!
Anyone have any experience with form1 suppressors? I have a few form 4 cans, but figured I’d try the diy route and see how long it takes.

Thanks! I've only done silencers on a Form 4, so I don't have any experience with Form 1 cans.

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Wow, hardcore!

Form 1 is a permission slip so don’t build any part til you get the stamp in hand. Rest is about the same except instead of transcribing data you are the originator. Can’t help you mechanically.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Form 1 is a permission slip so don’t build any part til you get the stamp in hand. Rest is about the same except instead of transcribing data you are the originator. Can’t help you mechanically.

Yeah, have a couple form 4s in the pipe.. seems like things have slowed down.. hoping the form 1 will come back in a few weeks instead of months.

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Yeah, have a couple form 4s in the pipe.. seems like things have slowed down.. hoping the form 1 will come back in a few weeks instead of months.

You mean the "new" ATF online forms aren’t getting things faster?? Waat?

#1682 2 years ago

hah, I'll guess the early birds to the e-form4 maybe get through "quick" but they're probably already swamped with the big retailers pumping "approval in 90 days" Crummy to wait up to a year or more for something that should be over the counter.

#1683 2 years ago

I have added 2 AK-54R rifles to my collection.

20211212_161222 (resized).jpg20211212_161222 (resized).jpg
#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I have added 2 AK-54R rifles to my collection.
[quoted image]

I really like pairs.. two is one and one is none kinda thing.

2 weeks later
#1685 2 years ago

Picked up a new Henry lever action 30-30.
Only own a couple lever guns and kind of always wanted something in this caliber.

5B1908AD-5094-4F31-857C-51A89DF80D6D (resized).jpeg5B1908AD-5094-4F31-857C-51A89DF80D6D (resized).jpeg
#1686 2 years ago

Check this score out. maybe more of a toy.. Made in USA Red Ryder from 1984, still in the plastic wrap! Who keeps something like this for almost 40 years!?

17FDA945-7E6C-48EE-B6C9-B02E384FC5B0 (resized).jpeg17FDA945-7E6C-48EE-B6C9-B02E384FC5B0 (resized).jpeg
#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Who keeps something like this for almost 40 years!?
[quoted image]

My guess is a scenario where grandpa buys it for the grandkid and mom and dad we’re like nope and stuffed it in the garage.

#1688 2 years ago

Well, My boys are gonna have a good time with it! Kinda neat to find one so old I could have opened it when I was a kid.

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Well, My boys are gonna have a good time with it! Kinda neat to find one so old I could have opened it when I was a kid.

Many a G.I. Joe figure met their fate staring down the barrel of a Red Ridder from younger me.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Check this score out. maybe more of a toy.. Made in USA Red Ryder from 1984, still in the plastic wrap! Who keeps something like this for almost 40 years!?

Yeah, pinball collectors would never do such a thing.

#1691 2 years ago

Coyote season

20220220_064714 (resized).jpg20220220_064714 (resized).jpg
#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

[quoted image]

I would have loved to have found that. Guess I didn’t get the memo about not opening them. The kicker the one in just a brown box is the Christmas story gun and that’s what it came in.

2BC33637-0556-42AD-80AE-BECA8DDDDEF6 (resized).jpeg2BC33637-0556-42AD-80AE-BECA8DDDDEF6 (resized).jpeg

I have opened ones also some red riders some model 25s and some model 107s.

267548D3-2BAA-498D-9C7C-52C5688AB64E (resized).jpeg267548D3-2BAA-498D-9C7C-52C5688AB64E (resized).jpeg
#1693 2 years ago

Anyone like doughnuts and waffles?

Picked up a pre ban Styre Aug.
Came with 7 of the waffle magazines as well as the original owners manual.
B0CABF64-8EAD-4725-A094-43D0904A03BC (resized).jpegB0CABF64-8EAD-4725-A094-43D0904A03BC (resized).jpeg

They call the sight on this the doughnut of death because it’s a round black circle.
00E8C4EB-3DA4-4445-9DEF-F8526C394611 (resized).jpeg00E8C4EB-3DA4-4445-9DEF-F8526C394611 (resized).jpeg

The quintessential Austrian bad guy gun.
2527E737-8A8D-46CC-8949-A721108E230C (resized).jpeg2527E737-8A8D-46CC-8949-A721108E230C (resized).jpeg

Or Mayer of the zombie apocalypse.
508D32D7-022E-4222-9ADD-CF0EEEE751A8 (resized).jpeg508D32D7-022E-4222-9ADD-CF0EEEE751A8 (resized).jpeg

#1694 2 years ago

Apparently I'm now doing a Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 HK 10mm MP5 clone build. The barrel is legit German HK and is very rare, I'm extremely lucky to have found it. The donor rifle is a demilled FBI MP5 in 40 S&W. It's going to be a long and expensive build, but it will be done correctly.
20220217_141756-min (resized).jpg20220217_141756-min (resized).jpg
20220217_143424 (resized).jpg20220217_143424 (resized).jpg
20220217_141804 (resized).jpg20220217_141804 (resized).jpg

I also just found an original Colt DOE upper, so I guess I need a lower for yet another AR15 build. I think I'm around 30 various military uppers that need lowers now, lol.
20220220_035953 (resized).jpg20220220_035953 (resized).jpg

I also just completed my Mk18 Mod 0 upper, all I need is the optic. A new old stock Wilcox mount is in the mail, I just need to find a minty Aimpoint CompM2 red dot sight.
20220218_183032 (resized).jpg20220218_183032 (resized).jpg

#1695 2 years ago

Picked up a vortex venom on a slide for my Dagger. Now it only makes sense to spend 200 and get another frame and barrel. At least I would have an inexpensive gun I could use a vehicle gun.

20220225_172407 (resized).jpg20220225_172407 (resized).jpg20220225_172446 (resized).jpg20220225_172446 (resized).jpg
#1696 2 years ago

All - my on again, off again search for a classic 12g (say pre 1960) is back on, thinking something like a Model 12.

I recently stumbled across a 1930 Browning A5 'humpback' locally that appears to be in good condition but I cant look at it in person until next week, what would one guess something like this sells for?

https://reagan-watsonauctions.hibid.com/lot/114286874/browning-five-shot-automatic-12-gauge-humpback/?q=shotgun

img (resized).jpgimg (resized).jpg
#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

All - my on again, off again search for a classic 12g (say pre 1960) is back on, thinking something like a Model 12.
I recently stumbled across a 1930 Browning A5 'humpback' locally that appears to be in good condition but I cant look at it in person until next week, what would one guess something like this sells for?
https://reagan-watsonauctions.hibid.com/lot/114286874/browning-five-shot-automatic-12-gauge-humpback/?q=shotgun
[quoted image]

You sure that’s circa 1930’s? I thought the pre WW2 guns had the safety at the front of the trigger guard?

Belgium prices are all over. People ask crazy prices sometimes. I’ll see a 60’s Belgium, no rib, with a Cutts in average condition that people are asking $1600 for and sometimes they’ll pop up for $800. Browning collectors are actually odder, more temperamental and can be bigger pricks/snobs than pinball collectors. Never tel a Browning guy you push barbed wire fences down with your Auto5. It’s worse than telling a pinball guy about drilling hasp holes in WPC games as a teenager.

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

[quoted image]

1) The recoil pad is aftermarket and hurts the value IMO. Early production Browning A5s should have a carved horn butt plate. The stock was cut to put the recoil pad on, so there's no brining that back to original.

2) You should be able to look up the gun by serial number and get a good idea of when it was manufactured. It's definitely early, but you can't date it to a specific year as far as I know.
Here is the Browning website to look up serial numbers.
https://www.browning.com/support/date-your-firearm/auto-5-semi-automatic-shotgun.html

I have a few A5s and I actually prefer the ones with the a raised rib sight.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

[quoted image]

Also, hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like the forend might be cracked.

img.axd (resized).jpegimg.axd (resized).jpeg
#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

You sure that’s circa 1930’s? I thought the pre WW2 guns had the safety at the front of the trigger guard?
Belgium prices are all over. People ask crazy prices sometimes. I’ll see a 60’s Belgium, no rib, with a Cutts in average condition that people are asking $1600 for and sometimes they’ll pop up for $800. Browning collectors are actually odder, more temperamental and can be bigger pricks/snobs than pinball collectors. Never tel a Browning guy you push barbed wire fences down with your Auto5. It’s worse than telling a pinball guy about drilling hasp holes in WPC games as a teenager.

Actually, I think you're right.
I think its one of the newer serial number sequences.
The M prefix is for standard weight.
Looks more like a 1950s gun, the barrel is for 2 3/4 only (went to 2 2/4 and 3 inch mags in the 60s).

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.