Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 43.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Picked up a Stribog about two weeks ago. Been very happy. Priced right and very accurate. This is a gen 2. The Pistol Caliber Carbine are so much fun to shoot. I also have a CZ Evo 3 and like that one slightly better. Either one is a great choice.
[quoted image]

so what do you like better about the cz vs the Stribog?

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

so what do you like better about the cz vs the Stribog?

They are both really nice guns. Out of the box they are very similar. Like I said its a slight preference of the EVO over the Stribog. I feel as if the EVO has a little less muzzle rise and I can control it a bit better. That's really about it. I also like the EVO since I have put a ton of upgrades on it. The Stribog has upgrades but is somewhat limited and I haven't had it long enough to do anything to it. The Stribog magazine is a bear to load the 29th and 30th round, hoping over time and use it gets better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

They are both really nice guns. Out of the box they are very similar. Like I said its a slight preference of the EVO over the Stribog. I feel as if the EVO has a little less muzzle rise and I can control it a bit better. That's really about it. I also like the EVO since I have put a ton of upgrades on it. The Stribog has upgrades but is somewhat limited and I haven't had it long enough to do anything to it. The Stribog magazine is a bear to load the 29th and 30th round, hoping over time and use it gets better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one.

right on. thank you for the feedback. should be happy the 29th and 30th round are tough to get in. that's a good spring and will help with feeding.

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Gun sales should be fantastic right now.

Background checks for May had a record breaking year in almost 20 years. Oddly checks used to be higher around the holiday season but I think we'll be trending away from that going forward.

#955 3 years ago

For anyone interested in NICS stats:

www.fbi.gov/nics

Scroll down the page to "Reports and Statistics"; they have data broken down in many ways - top 10 days/weeks, monthly stats by type, state, etc. So far, the toilet paper zombie panic of 2020 era is generally the highest volume (ex: 5 of the top 10 weeks are TP related) but the riots may give it a good run.

#956 3 years ago

sorry, wrong thread

#957 3 years ago

I went with some friends to shoot steel plates this weekend. I brought my SP89. I hadn’t had it out in a while. I forgot how fast and fun that gun is. I ran the plates course with that faster than a totally race ready STI.

#958 3 years ago

I went to a shooting range/store in Hudson. It was there. a .45 Cal KRISS Vector for $1449. Never was I so tempted to plunk down the credit card.

1 month later
#959 3 years ago

A pretty cool new green laser bore sight.

FullSizeRender-18 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-18 (resized).jpeg

#960 3 years ago

Picked up a Ruger PC carbine today in .40 I need to get a different thread connector if I want to add my can to the end tho.

Got it used for a decent price.

IMG_5939 (resized).JPGIMG_5939 (resized).JPG
#961 3 years ago

Some new toys to play with. Helps keep it socially distant.

FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg

#962 3 years ago

We have a pretty nice back drop at tge range here. Love getting the kids out to shoot!

Resized_20200804_132027 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_132027 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_132446(1) (resized).jpegResized_20200804_132446(1) (resized).jpegResized_20200804_133529 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_133529 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_134016 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_134016 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_134902 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_134902 (resized).jpegResized_20200804_140710(1) (resized).jpegResized_20200804_140710(1) (resized).jpeg
#963 3 years ago

Gorgeous!!!! Keep bringing them kids up right too!!!

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Gorgeous!!!! Keep bringing them kids up right too!!!

Absolutely! You don't see any anti gun bs up here. None of those rioters either, but the 2 kinda go hand in hand.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Love getting the kids out to shoot!

Man that reminds me when I started letting my boys shoot. I had already instilled in them basic safe handling rules from early on. When they were between 12 and 14 I think, being huge modern warfare gamers they were very excited to shoot my AR. It ended up scaring the piss out of them and did not want to shoot again for several years. But it reinforced firearm safety at the same time.
They are older now and one is a gun nut, the other not at all. Still, glad I had that time with them and know if they encounter a firearm in the wild, they know how to handle themselves.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

We have a pretty nice back drop at tge range here. Love getting the kids out to shoot!

Gorgeous! Put a gong up there on that first ridge.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Man that reminds me when I started letting my boys shoot. I had already instilled in them basic safe handling rules from early on. When they were between 12 and 14 I think, being huge modern warfare gamers they were very excited to shoot my AR. It ended up scaring the piss out of them and did not want to shoot again for several years. But it reinforced firearm safety at the same time.
They are older now and one is a gun nut, the other not at all. Still, glad I had that time with them and know if they encounter a firearm in the wild, they know how to handle themselves.

I always ask my son to go hunting and he just hasn't been intetested, so I never push it. This year he is starting to think about going caribou or moose hunting this year. Funny thing is, my 8 yr old daughter has been asking to go hunting for years. She is ready to go. Just need to be a little bigger.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I always ask my son to go hunting and he just hasn't been intetested, so I never push it. This year he is starting to think about going caribou or moose hunting this year. Funny thing is, my 8 yr old daughter has been asking to go hunting for years. She is ready to go. Just need to be a little bigger.

Got my kids to the range at 10 with a Henry 22 single shot rifle - kid sized
Great intro gun

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Got my kids to the range at 10 with a Henry 22 single shot rifle - kid sized
Great intro gun

Nice! He's been shooting since a very young age, just not interested in hunting.

#970 3 years ago

Take your time with them. Got my first (ruger 10/22) when I was 11. Dad started taking me pheasant hunting then too. Wasn't able to use a gun hunting but took me to kick them up. Was still fun to go and learn.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Nice! He's been shooting since a very young age, just not interested in hunting.

I was (and still am) the same way. I was a highly competitive child, loved all sports. My dad was an avid hunter. I liked shooting and spending time with my dad in the outdoors, and loved learning about nature and conservation. For some reason hunting never clicked with me, but shooting certainly did. My dad got me into 4-H Shooting sports when I was around 12 years old, and I entered competitions until I went to college. I still love guns and shooting, but I haven't been out hunting for about 30 years.

#972 3 years ago

Has anyone on here have any experience with the Franklin Armory Binary trigger?

Thinking of picking one up but $430 a little steep for a trigger group.

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Excellent fun! I have them in several guns. Yes, they are pricey but worth it.
Shop around for those 10% off coupons.

#974 3 years ago

Ammo is selling fast these days.. Hold on for Zombiegeddon!!

FullSizeRender-33 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-33 (resized).jpeg

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

Ammo not selling too well up here....that's because it's sold out.

Even the bullets are out of stock on my go-to sources.

My "novelty" bullets are still waiting to be loaded; some of mine are the red version of Zmax. Funny, I worked for an ammo company years ago and these were always popular.

Haven't decided what to load my frangible 308's in. Would be fun to do 300 win mag but afraid it will leave the bore as dust haha.

IMG_5969 (resized).JPGIMG_5969 (resized).JPG
#976 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

They function very well. I like the 45 degree safety. A single shot, a quick follow up shot, or a mag dump. Your choice. Easy install with clear instructions.

#977 3 years ago

Well I may be new to the pin world but I have been a gun enthusiast for a very long time. I'm very happy to see this thread in here and will definitely be following and hopefully contributing some.

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Some new toys to play with. Helps keep it socially distant.
[quoted image]

I like your style... I think Spuhr scope mounts are the only way to go for high end optics and I use them exclusively with all of my Schmidt Bender scopes.

#979 3 years ago

So, random poll. What gun makers do you love and avoid at all costs?

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

So I know one that people will say they avoid is hi point. I have the rifle and that thing is pretty reliable. plus, I bought it used, beat up. sent it to them and basically got a new gun back for free. no questions asked.

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I love HK, B&T, Schmidt Bender... I think you get the point. I avoid Hi point, Taurus like the plague and pretty much every lower end brand out there. Trust me... I've been in this hobby for a long time and owned much of what is out there to own. I've just settled in to the things I enjoy owning and shooting the most. Yes... I'm now an unapologetic gun snob.

#982 3 years ago

My carry pistol.

20200807_152325 (resized).jpg20200807_152325 (resized).jpg
#983 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

I like your style... I think Spuhr scope mounts are the only way to go for high end optics and I use them exclusively with all of my Schmidt Bender scopes.

It mounted up well!

IMG_8959 (resized).jpegIMG_8959 (resized).jpeg

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It mounted up well!
[quoted image]

Wow, that's a sweet setup. Is that a .50 cal?

#985 3 years ago

I love HK, B&T, Schmidt Bender... I think you get the point. I avoid Hi point, Taurus like the plague and pretty much every lower end brand out there. Trust me... I've been in this hobby for a long time and owned much of what is out there to own. I've just settled in to the things I enjoy owning and shooting the most. Yes... I'm now an unapologetic gun snob.

I've ran my Taurus 627 tracker into the ground. It's still going strong but I would not buy another one and would have gotten a nicer once had I known how much I would enjoy wheel guns.

I would also avoid Sccy pistols and also avoid Skyy vodka. If you don't know how to spell it you don't know how to make it.

My dad bought a Jiminez 380 and that is such a Sat. pm Spec. It's sad because for $150 pistol you can spend just a little more and get a lot more.

I have two lever rifles one cost me $250 and the other $950 and you can feel the difference in the action alone.

Buying cheap is expensive.

My only hiccup with Remington is I got an 870 which was one of their first with the hammered finish. They didn't know how to apply this new paint correctly and it was faking off before I even fired it. Sent back to factory and they refinished it for me and all is well.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Wow, that's a sweet setup. Is that a .50 cal?

Yes. Recently bought while late night internet and alcohol shopping.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

#987 3 years ago

Got to touch and fondle it... it's going to be a while before I get to take it home.

IMG_8983 (resized).jpegIMG_8983 (resized).jpeg

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Got to touch and fondle it... it's going to be a while before I get to take it home.
[quoted image]

Nice! What's the biggest cal it can take?

I shot last weekend with some 300 blackout I loaded up and to my surprise I'm actually going to have to lighten the load. I had about 7 or 8 out of 10 break the sound barrier.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Nice! What's the biggest cal it can take?

It's the Barrett 50 BMG QDL suppressor. I don't think I can legally own a bigger one.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's the Barrett 50 BMG QDL suppressor. I don't think I can legally own a bigger one.

Wow, shooting a 50 cal without ears on is hard to wrap my mind around, I just watched some videos. You may be the most fun person on the planet.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Wow, shooting a 50 cal without ears on is hard to wrap my mind around, I just watched some videos. You may be the most fun person on the planet.

No that would be Matt DBLM at his pool.

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I don't think they make a bigger suppressor.

#993 3 years ago

I don't think they make a bigger suppressor.

Shooting anything larger while silent would probably need to be orbiting the earth XD

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

I bought those for my shotgun as a gag, but now wish I could get them again. Since ammo is short around here.

#995 3 years ago

I’ve been a shotgun guy but think it’s time for a handgun for home safety. I’m thinking Walther PPK.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m thinking Walther PPK.

Or think .45 (:

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Or think .45 (:

This is going to sound silly, but, best to stop by the ammo shelves first to see what's in stock :/

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’ve been a shotgun guy but think it’s time for a handgun for home safety. I’m thinking Walther PPK.

I picked this up a couple of months ago, a Walther CCP M2 .380. Not the first gun I'd reach for in a home defense situation, but it will definitely work. The wife wanted something a little more manageable (especially in the recoil department) than the H&K .40 and Ruger SR9 that we have. This little .380 is super fun to shoot too.

IMG-0392 (resized).jpgIMG-0392 (resized).jpg
#999 3 years ago

Built a his and hers of these from Bushmaster ORC base rifles. Incredibly difficult to get parts now and took 2 months to get all this together but the Eotech G-30s came in this weekend so after locking them on the “twins” are done. The one in the picture is the one I built for my wife.

Here’s the build: Bushmaster ORC, Magpul sights, Magpul QD swivels, Magpul P-Mags, Magpul angled FG, Streamlight TLR-7, Eotech G-30, Eotech 512 HWS, Midwest Industries 13.75 M-Lok hand guard. Had to cut the gas block down and grind it a ton (then re-blue it) to fit the hand guard but other than that everything else was straightforward

Will put new triggers in next

IMG_8917 (resized).jpgIMG_8917 (resized).jpgIMG_8919 (resized).jpgIMG_8919 (resized).jpgIMG_8922 (resized).jpgIMG_8922 (resized).jpgIMG_8926 (resized).jpgIMG_8926 (resized).jpgIMG_9043 (resized).jpgIMG_9043 (resized).jpg
#1000 3 years ago

Here is a recent project gun I finished... a HK G36C in 300BLK.

HK G36C 300BLK suppressed (resized).jpgHK G36C 300BLK suppressed (resized).jpg
There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.